#201 Edited by icec0ld (1370 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread needs locked it's a fanboy delusion fest.

First if you don't want spoilers stop reading now

Thor didn't stand in the core of a star. He was standing outside of the forge it was made in. Some of the energy from inside the machine was seeping out and it burned him. The star was contained in a forge and Thor was exposed to just a small portion of the heat from it and it burned his skin.

2.) He didn't really seem any stronger than before. He has the same powers and he showed no new strength or speed feats outside of flying with storm breaker. People keep mentioning he hurt Thanos. It was the hammer, whatever it's made of he stabbed Thanos with it and Thanos teleported away. In no way shape or fashion outside of this weapon hurting Thanos did Thor seem any stronger.

He killed a bunch of aliens that Bucky was wasting with a machine gun.

If anything according to the movie, outside of the hulk the overall most powerful avenger is Doctor Strange or Ironman. Stark is a straight up powerhouse and head to head he would wipe Thor.

Thor would still lose just as bad to Superman. Nothing outside of the nuke and kryptonite hurt Clark at all, he simply could not be damaged and after revealing how fast he is Thor is hopeless.

Also, the movie was good, it's pretty dark since a bunch of people die. It's better than Justice league but not as cool as BvS or MOS in wow factor. The last fight scenes of those two movies are unmatched as superhero film's go. Thanos was disappointing. He didn't seem that strong, he's like the hulk but they were both sooooo of slow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#202 Edited by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

wait wait wait.

• Thor tanked moon busting hits
  • Thor stood in a star or he didn't
  • Iron Man can now wipe the floor with Thor

Jesus Christ, I need to see this movie lol

#203 Posted by icec0ld (1370 posts) - - Show Bio

An accurate description of Thor.

1.) Strength-still no clue. He didn't really do anything strength wise. He just used stormbreaker.

2.) He's still as slow as ever

3.) He can take a beating, he can be cut fairly easy and burned.

4.) It seemed to me he was a little bit more durable when holding on the stormbreaker.

5.) He really cares about people. More than. Almost any other avenger not named Captain America.

#204 Edited by icec0ld (1370 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria:

He didn't tank moon busting hits. He didn't get hit with anything near that strong, not even remotely close. People are saying that because Thanos destroyed a planet, and it never explicitly said how. Thor got pulled punched around and shot with and energy attack that's it.

No he didn't stand in a star. It's actually made pretty clear that he can be killed and he is more durable than most other mcu heroes but far from invulnerable. He stood outside of a forge the star was in. Some of the radiation escaped and it was burning him. Not enough to fry him but he got burned, and Superman would cook him.

Yes, Ironman was a monster, so was Doctor strange. He would beat thor if they fought again and decisively so. He's faster and he has crazy strong repuslar blast.

Thanos is Hulk with purple skin and better fighting ability. I cannot for the life of me figure out why the characters outside of a handful were so slow. Thanos was slow, hulk, Thor all very slow moving.

#205 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@icec0ld: Are you serious, I cannot see Iron Man being more powerful than Thor?

#206 Posted by MOWJACK (1297 posts) - - Show Bio

@icec0ld: you’v mistaken the trailer for the movie

#207 Posted by The_Kidd (12329 posts) - - Show Bio

@icec0ld: So how powerful is Thanos? Is he just Hulk Level with or without the powergem?

#208 Posted by icec0ld (1370 posts) - - Show Bio

@mowjack:

No I haven't Ive seen the movie.He wasn't that strong, Stark and strange were the strongest avengers in the film.

#209 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@icec0ld said:

@mowjack:

No I haven't Ive seen the movie.He wasn't that strong, Stark and strange were the strongest avengers in the film.

wait if you havent seen the movie how are you telling us the feats lol

#210 Posted by omriamar (7068 posts) - - Show Bio

i didn't see the movie but i feel like it's still a mismatch unless this weapon increases his stats or something

#211 Posted by icec0ld (1370 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_kidd:

Physically he is the Hulk, but he's a much much better fighter. Still slow as dirt though.

#212 Edited by icec0ld (1370 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria:

You read that wrong.

I was saying I didn't confuse the movie with the trailer. I did see the movie, I worded that oddly, sorry. But yeah, its a good movie. It reminded me of Justice league, with him teleporting all over the place collecting stones like steppanwolf did to collect motherboxes. This movie just focused more on Thanos though than it did anyone else. It was basically his back story.

#213 Posted by AngelJax (11806 posts) - - Show Bio

Already 212 comments...

#214 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio
#215 Posted by icec0ld (1370 posts) - - Show Bio

@temporal_shift:

He didn't stand in the star Core. He stood outside of the forge machine the star was in. Huuuuuuge difference stop making things up.

#216 Posted by macleen (3654 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen said:
@_kingoflatveria said:

Ok ai clicked on some of the spoilers, Thor tanked moon busting hits. This seems ridiculous and I'll admit it lol, if what I'm reading is true he should be able to give his comic counterpart somewhat of a fight

Hey can you link me

link you what, I'm talking about the spoiler blocks in this thread lol.

No need already gone through the spoilers

#217 Posted by HATSoffMELO (2555 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor overpowered and stabbed Thanos with Stormbreaker & reacted to his Gauntlet Blast

#218 Posted by HellionVulcan (7281 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor one shots unless Superman uses his speed nonstop.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbee326da7b7
#219 Posted by deactivated-5bbee326da7b7 (1212 posts) - - Show Bio

Off topic: does hulk fight cull obsidian????

#220 Posted by HellionVulcan (7281 posts) - - Show Bio

@ajax1998 said:

Off topic: does hulk fight cull obsidian????

Spoilers ahead.

No as he fights him as Banner using a certain Stark armour.

#221 Posted by lgh0stl (1335 posts) - - Show Bio

@mowjack: if you can consider it strength or something he was holding on a ring (like you know rings of planet saturn but it's a mechanical ring.) and a rope tied to a ship essentially dragging him to move the rings and aligned it, which rocket said that it's impossible to achieve that with just rope.

#222 Posted by lgh0stl (1335 posts) - - Show Bio

@phillip33: nah, Hulk got beaten by Thanos so hard, he doesn't want to come out anymore, Thanos is a beast hand 2 hand, he is not even using the power gem when he beat Hulk, which gives Thanos a respectable feat in which Hulk normally walk off beating from Thor but the one he get from Thanos knocked him out with a few combo and leave him demoralize.

Avatar image for legendarykal-el
#223 Posted by LegendaryKal-El (186 posts) - - Show Bio

from what I've read on spoiler's

Thor overpowered all 6 stones,using the stormbreaker which should make him at least planetary

#224 Posted by lgh0stl (1335 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_kidd: He is beyond Hulk - level without the power gem, even when he got the power gem in the gauntlet it doesn't gives him stat boost, and he beat Hulk with a few combo then knocked him cold.

Avatar image for crushyourenemies
#225 Posted by CRUSHYOURENEMIES (2587 posts) - - Show Bio

pretty sure there are around a million of these

@jashro44

#226 Edited by kroczilla (1824 posts) - - Show Bio

so... from what I understand from the spoilers, dceu superman still solos right?

#227 Edited by hulkuberstomp (1791 posts) - - Show Bio

@kroczilla: superman always stomps.He is like mcu cap on minimals

#228 Posted by lgh0stl (1335 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to be clear with the nivaldir feat, he is not in the middle of the dying star, but he is getting shot by a concentrated beam coming from the star itself not to mention he was holding on to the thing that keeping the star's containment open, in summary he was pulling the handle to keep the containment open and essentially he gets burn while doing it and from what I remember he endure it not for a couple of minutes, I believe it's 15 minutes to 30 minutes IIRC.

#229 Posted by dami24434 (4453 posts) - - Show Bio

I read that dr strange can create clones now and sorts of other things and ironman have an healing factor hmmm. battleboards are getting smashed now

#230 Posted by lgh0stl (1335 posts) - - Show Bio

@dami24434: dr.strange can create clones and spam the band of cyttorax or the whip he can also reality warp now he turns the energy blast of thanos into flies and use the mirror dimension as a shield but damn Thanos in the movie can use the gem really well.

#231 Posted by lgh0stl (1335 posts) - - Show Bio

@dami24434: tony's armor got a healing factor almost as fast as wolverine he survive thanos beating but essentially got taken out with his own energy blade due to Thanos skills and after that the bargain begins

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#232 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12144 posts) - - Show Bio

wait wait wait.

• Thor tanked moon busting hits
  • Thor stood in a star or he didn't
  • Iron Man can now wipe the floor with Thor

Jesus Christ, I need to see this movie lol

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531e53b02be
#233 Posted by deactivated-5c531e53b02be (3640 posts) - - Show Bio

@icec0ld: the forge was in the star and he stood in it.

#234 Posted by TricksandToys (470 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I've heard, Thor is essentially a skyfather now. I haven't seen the movie but here goes

1. survived a concentrated beam from a dying star. Therefore, Superman's heat vision isn't harming him.

2. Thor survived being thrown into space. He managed not to yield to the low pressure and survived -450 degree fahrenheit or about -277 degree celsius. Superman's freeze breath will not work either.

3. He reacted to the beams from the gauntlet. If those beams do travel at the speed of light, speedblitz isn't working.

4. He was able to hold the lever for the forge. Considering the core of a red giant is as dense as 1000 tonnes/cubic metres. So, Thor can punch superman really hard now.

5. Thor has survived blows from the infinity gauntlet with stones in them. He is extremely durable.

I'm telling again, I haven't watched the movie. I just read spoilers. If these happen to be true, Superman gets stomped.

#235 Posted by Tony_Shark (2123 posts) - - Show Bio

Just saw the movie.

Thor is basically Skyfather level. By feats alone he stomps

#236 Posted by TricksandToys (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@tony_shark: How? Where? Link pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeee.

#237 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5851 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe It's the Hype That's stomp SUPERMAN 😂🤣

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#238 Edited by Ready_4_Madness (17143 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like Thor>>>>Superman

#239 Posted by icec0ld (1370 posts) - - Show Bio

@tony_shark:

Not even close you are exaggerating and reading way into it.

He never took a concentrated beam from that star. It was fall off and ilthe bit that was hitting him burn him.

He still got beaten up to the point Loki had to beg for his life to be spared. Thanos was going to kill him and with little difficulty and he himself was slow.

Superman crushes him and it's not close.he couldn't even hurt Superman.

#240 Posted by deactivated-5c531e53b02be (3640 posts) - - Show Bio

@icec0ld: You said the stones are nothing new for the JL in another thread lmao 🤷

And now you're trying to low-ball.

Concentrated star beams >>>> anything in DCEU and that nothing in the power stone which can casually throw small planetoids.

#241 Posted by buildhare (8750 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Depends on how powerful you think Thor's lightning cloak is.
  2. With equalized speed Thor's weapon is too much, nothing can really stop him from planting it inside Clark.
#242 Posted by Archangel01 (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is still a fodder

#243 Posted by KanyeCosby (7252 posts) - - Show Bio

This sounds like a lot of Thor wank.

#244 Posted by deactivated-5c531e53b02be (3640 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby: he did everything that's been posted, not out fault Superman lacks those level of feats.

#245 Posted by kroczilla (1824 posts) - - Show Bio

Y'all should really wait for the movie to get out and see it yourselves.

#246 Posted by KanyeCosby (7252 posts) - - Show Bio

@temporal_shift: You expect me to believe that Thor is suddenly moon level and that he he stalemated Thanos with the IG?

#247 Posted by deactivated-5c531e53b02be (3640 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby: he tanked a a star, the power gem, and a lot more... Moon level? Idk. Higher than Superman? Yes.

Stalemated? No, he he was just able to match him briefly and harm him. No CBM character can match the IG thanos who can snap his fingers and kill people across a Galaxy.

#248 Posted by HATSoffMELO (2555 posts) - - Show Bio

@temporal_shift: You expect me to believe that Thor is suddenly moon level and that he he stalemated Thanos with the IG?

Bet

see with you own eyes

#249 Posted by deactivated-5c531e53b02be (3640 posts) - - Show Bio
#250 Posted by godzilla44 (7574 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided