MCU Thor (IW) vs DCEU Superman (JL)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae771f2dc451
deactivated-5ae771f2dc451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@rr79: Lol salty are we, please tell be when and where the gravity of the neutron star was in any way shape or form mentioned or shown, or even remotely hinted at... I’ll wait. For all intents and purposes it was ignored in the context of the movie.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: Lol salty are we, please tell be when and where the gravity of the neutron star was in any way shape or form mentioned or shown, or even remotely hinted at... I’ll wait.

It doesn't have to be shown. We are told specifically that it is a neutron star and that Thor is being hit with the full force. The simple fact is a neutron star has roughly 200 billion times the gravity of earth. And no, not salty, just see no reason to bother with someone that is going to ignore everything known about a neutron star just because "it wasn't shown specifically".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: Um, it was not some normal neutron star hanging about it space, it was sourounded by machinery and was part of a massive dwarven forging complex. If its gravitational effects were 100% ignored in the film there is absolutely no reason to assume Thor was affected by them, given that they literally DID NOT EXIST. It’s just wishful thinking and head-canon at that point.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454  Edited By azrael1973

@rr79 said:
@darkhoudini3 said:

@rr79: Lol salty are we, please tell be when and where the gravity of the neutron star was in any way shape or form mentioned or shown, or even remotely hinted at... I’ll wait.

It doesn't have to be shown. We are told specifically that it is a neutron star and that Thor is being hit with the full force. The simple fact is a neutron star has roughly 200 billion times the gravity of earth. And no, not salty, just see no reason to bother with someone that is going to ignore everything known about a neutron star just because "it wasn't shown specifically".

It doesn't matter because it's still just a statement by a character. He could be boasting. Since when does a statement by a character count as a feat in comicvine?

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455  Edited By RR79

@azrael1973 said:
@rr79 said:
@darkhoudini3 said:

It doesn't matter because it's still just a statement by a character. He could be boasting. Since when does a statement by a character count as a feat in comicvine?

Why would he be boasting when he is actually trying to talk Thor out of it at the time? That makes zero sense. And character statements have always been fine as long as they are not contradicted.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: Um, it was not some normal neutron star hanging about it space, it was sourounded by machinery and was part of a massive dwarven forging complex. If its gravitational effects were 100% ignored in the film there is absolutely no reason to assume Thor was affected by them, given that they literally DID NOT EXIST. It’s just wishful thinking and head-canon at that point.

It is a normal neutron star that the "dwarves" use to forge their weapons. Just because they have machinery around it doesn't make it not a normal neutron star. Saying it doesn't have the normal effects of a neutron star absolutely is head-canon, I am glad we agree on that point. Now I am heading to bed, so have a good night.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79 said:
@azrael1973 said:
@rr79 said:
@darkhoudini3 said:

Why would he be boasting when he is actually trying to talk Thor out of it at the time? That makes zero sense. And character statements have always been fine as long as they are not contradicted.

It doesn't matter if it makes sense or not. No character statements have never been just fine.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79 said:
@azrael1973 said:
@rr79 said:
@darkhoudini3 said:

It doesn't matter if it makes sense or not. No character statements have never been just fine.

It does matter because your argument is ridiculous. It wasn't even Thor saying he was taking the full effect of a Neutron star. And yes, character statements have ALWAYS been just fine as long as they are not contradicted. You are literally calling the movie a liar, that's ridiculous. Now, I am going to bed, so have a good night.

a_marques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That moment when withstanding extreme temperatures means you can’t be hurt by Superman’s punches, omegalel.

Thor is sent flying as soon as he lets go of the handles and falls unconscious, so there's clearly more to it than just heat.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman blitzes and stomps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: I never said it wasn’t a neutron star, although it did not behave like one, i.e it needed to be reignited. Machinery around it can mean anything, it can mean they somehow eliminated the gravimetric effects. We might not know exactly how the gravity was eliminated (or even if they directors considered it in the first place) but the fact remains that it simply did not exist. I’m fully willing to accept that Thor was hit with neutron star level temperatures, anything else is just hilarious reaching. Lol good night I guess.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462  Edited By azrael1973

@rr79 said:
@azrael1973 said:
@rr79 said:
@azrael1973 said:
@rr79 said:
@darkhoudini3 said:

It does matter because your argument is ridiculous. It wasn't even Thor saying he was taking the full effect of a Neutron star. And yes, character statements have ALWAYS been just fine as long as they are not contradicted. You are literally calling the movie a liar, that's ridiculous. Now, I am going to bed, so have a good night.

No, statements have never been just fine. Maybe he just wanted to make himself look better in front of the prince of asgard and future Allfather. Who knows ? But it doesn't matter. A statement is NOT a feat! I have learned that when I was a beginner here. I am surprised that you did not. After all you have 4000+ posts.

And I am not calling the movie a liar. A character is not a movie, because he has a own motivation and doesn't know everything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_marques: Yes it’s an energy beam, wow never seen those before.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azrael1973: Don’t quote... I don’t want the recive a hundred notifications.

Zansuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odinforce Thor wins...

if they trade punches... Superman wins... but if they are allowed to use their arsenal of power (lol Superman), Thor wins handily.

TricksandToys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: You do realize that “radiation” is electromagnetic radiation right? A “form” of light? I.e thermal radiation as well? Thermal radiation is nothing more than electromagnetic radiation produced from non absolute 0 K particles, in other words, everything. Gravity is of no concern given that there were obviously absolutely no gravimetric effects shown nor needed or even remotely hinted at in the film. Even more useless is “pressure”, Thor has never inside the neutron star, he was in the way of a beam produced by it.

"Thermal radiation is nothing more than electromagnetic radiation produced from non absolute 0K particles"

So you are saying that the heat he survived does not prove anything? Pfft. Good luck.

"Gravity has no concern that there were obviously absolutely no gravimetric effects."

The tech used in Nidavellir is way above anything humans know or understand. Their sciences humiliate ours. They are also known magic wielders. Just because there was no effect on them doesn't mean it isn't there. Wakandan tech can negate the properties of Vibranium without any visible contact. Also, considering Nidavellir tech is about centuries ahead of Wakandans, what is stopping them from negating a few properties of the neutron star without even changing its density?

"Even more useless is "pressure", Thor has never inside the neutron star, he was in the way of a beam produced by it."

I think you did not understand that the discussion about pressure is not about the star but about empty space.

The thing about him being inside the star is debunked and you are merely repeating it. The pressure which we are talking about is of empty space. Thor survived empty space where there is a temperature of -277 degree celsius and would easily depressurieses the bodies of humans. Apart from Superman, no member of the justice league has ever left earth. So, there is no feat for the rest of team to leave space. Therefore, they are subject to the depressurisation as regular humans until there is a feat of them leaving earth.

TricksandToys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zansuke said:

Odinforce Thor wins...

if they trade punches... Superman wins... but if they are allowed to use their arsenal of power (lol Superman), Thor wins handily.

Even if they trade punches, Superman is not hurting Thor. He survived way crazier shit.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468  Edited By MoTM

Yeah I just watched Infinity War, Thor was begging for his life against Peter Dinklages dwarf ass and now he beats Superman lmao?!

Superman still stomps. His speed takes him out round one in a flawless victory.

No Caption Provided

Round two Superman freezes and shatters Thors new axe.

No Caption Provided

Or simply takes it from him and uses it on him since he's still far stronger.

Yeah Superman still stomps but lol MCU fanboys right what can you do.

darthflax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469  Edited By darthflax

@temporal_shift:

Its like People didnt see the movie. Thor was about to die until groot helped make with his arm the weapon that saved Thor.

Thor didnt tank it. He was dying

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthflax: but its just a charcter statement..lol

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 Clark blitzes and pummels him. Stormbreaker is useless when it can be dodged.

Round 2 is somewhat interesting, and Thor could have a chance if it turns into a ranged battle, but even then I don't think so. Superman actually has piercing resistance unlike Thanos.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkhoudini3: statements are disregarded when there is no scan shown. In this case it is shown . The neutron star is present

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531e53b02be
deactivated-5c531e53b02be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthflax: I was going based on Spoilers.

It's still a better feat than any attack Clark can muster he tanked a Star's energy at a single focused point for minutes.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@motm: I have seen so many lowballs but this is the biggest I have yet to see.

1. He never got his ass beat by that dwarf. He wasn't even trying to fight him.

2. You can't hold mjollnir. Only Thor can. Just to clear up the worthy concept Captain America was worthy in the comics but failed to hold it. Stormbreaker should practically be the same honestly.

The first round is the only thing you got right because Thor can't tag him.

darthflax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475  Edited By darthflax

@temporal_shift:

When supes got hit by nuke be was zombie cuz there where still krypto dust in him as shown in the scar he still got before nuke explodes

Diff betwen supes and doomsday is doomsday absorb and gets stronger.

But still whiouth the krypto dust in him the effect would be same. Zero damage.

Milj degree in his face and nothing would have happned. So making Thor thing a feat its like saying you can run so you must be as fast as usain bolt. Superman doesnt get hurt by heat. Nor cold.

Thor was burned duck after that. He was about to die until the weapon and groot Saved him

. Look the damn movie again and see.

You can place supes in thors place and zero damage would be om him.

Cuz if you can tank milj degree and his suit isnt even burned or damaged then it doesnt matter if you get it for 10 min or 1 sec

. Its like what 10+ milj in nuke explosion ? In the epicenter

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Just saw it, it's closer, but Superman wins. Thor's blunt force durabilityhasn't improved at all, we now that now Superman sure as hell can't even bother Thor with his HV, but that doesn't really matter. Thor can one shot with Stormbreaker, sure, but Superman isn't going to just let Thor tag him, he'll do exactly what he did to Steppenwolf. And frankly due to Superman striking power I think he could drop Thor in only a few blows, Superman wins, but it's no longer a stomp.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthflax: prove read what you typed and I might reply.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeeaahhh, Clark still blitzes

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Just saw it, it's closer, but Superman wins. Thor's blunt force durabilityhasn't improved at all, we now that now Superman sure as hell can't even bother Thor with his HV, but that doesn't really matter. Thor can one shot with Stormbreaker, sure, but Superman isn't going to just let Thor tag him, he'll do exactly what he did to Steppenwolf. And frankly due to Superman striking power I think he could drop Thor in only a few blows, Superman wins, but it's no longer a stomp.

Pretty sure it's still a stomp. Just now, Thor has the weapon that can hurt Superman back. Not that it would ever happen.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@motm: um, Thor's axe can (more than likely) survive in space. Thor and Mjolnir could both Survive in space. The temperature of space is like 2 degrees from absolute zero.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Superman is still way too fast

2. Stormbreaker one shots.

HATSoffMELO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so many Alts

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: I have seen so many lowballs but this is the biggest I have yet to see.

1. He never got his ass beat by that dwarf. He wasn't even trying to fight him.

2. You can't hold mjollnir. Only Thor can. Just to clear up the worthy concept Captain America was worthy in the comics but failed to hold it. Stormbreaker should practically be the same honestly.

The first round is the only thing you got right because Thor can't tag him.

1. I didn't say he got his ass beat. But that dwarf snuck and tagged him pretty easy and he went flying, he then literally said "mercy, mercy!"

2. Superman could hold Mjolnir, or Thor's new axe.

Round two as well, Supes freezes and shatters stormbreaker, or heat visions Thor since I'm even more convinced now he would get incinerated.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm:

1. Don't you think he was just trying to calm that dwarf down as opposed to back when he was a stubborn ass.

2. No one could hold mjollnir, only the weilder or someone related can. Its proven by what happened to Hulk and everyone else. They couldn't even take it out of the desk. Iron Man lifted a freakn building.

3. Shouldn't you be less inclined to think that Thor would be bothered by heat vision now that the star feat happened. Regardless superman doesn't have any HV feats to suggest he can hurt Thor the slightest with it.

4. If the heat of a star was required to melt uru, whats a little frost breath going to do. That thing has insane heat capacity.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487 rogueshadow  Moderator
  1. Thor is a beast but Clark is still too fast for him.
  2. Thor.
jamespacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_ruby_petal:

1. Lol fair enough. But he still went flying quite aways, that wouldn't bode well for fighting someone like Superman. Tbh it's kind of equivalent to Diana getting blindsided.

2. I think Superman could but there's no way to really prove so fair enough.

3. No because he wasn't "in the core of star" as some people have stated. He was on the outside of a very small star, and he got burned badly. Superman's heat vision for an extended period of time would do significant damage, if not almost kill him like the forge did.

4. Superman's breath has been shown to overwhelm an axe with the heat capacity to make lava erupt.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He just freezes his axe.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Thor due to his durability and lightning cloak.

Round 2: Thor stomps.

jaqua524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491  Edited By jaqua524

@darthflax:

Do yourself a favor...don't become a lawyer lol good grief.

Thor took and survived a blast from a neutron star. That is what happened. One...simple...sentence..you are dancing around to invalidate that.

Sounds like you need to spend some time with yourself finding out why are so invested on disproving something that happened in a movie.

Sounds like a personal problem. Every MCU movie with Thor has people here underselling all his good feats. Whether its a subconscious or a conscious motive..there is a clear agenda

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: Superman isn't freezing Stormbreaker.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jaqua524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: Superman isn't freezing Stormbreaker.

What does the heat it was made have anything to do with it? It wouldn't stop Superman from freezing it and covering it in ice, rendering it useless.

Kayc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman lolblitzes Thor's head is getting decapited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: it can survive in space freeze breath isn't doing anything.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: You said this:

4. Superman's breath has been shown to overwhelm an axe with the heat capacity to make lava erupt.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He just freezes his axe.

I simply replied.

darthflax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderprince:

You again.. first he was struck by something and he was dying groot Saved him by making the weapon complete.

Second the heat didnt even melted the dwarf metal when it went trew the stuff to acess the stormbreaker metal.

Yet and this is important. The same metal that takes milj degree and not melt away but can be wrecked by Thor simply by having rocket and his ship flying..

Thors feet crushed the metal when he try to kickstart the mechine

So logic again. Metal not melt when milj of degree is in it or near . But thors feet crushed it by simply touching it

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthflax:

You again.. first he was struck by something and he was dying groot Saved him by making the weapon complete.

Never said that Thor tanked the beam but he did "tank" the beam better than Superman "tanked" a nuke.

Second the heat didnt even melted the dwarf metal when it went trew the stuff to acess the stormbreaker metal.

Which is a feat for the metal, just like Superman's suit being unharmed by the nuke is a feat for Superman's suit.

Yet and this is important. The same metal that takes milj degree and not melt away but can be wrecked by Thor simply by having rocket and his ship flying..

Thors feet crushed the metal when he try to kickstart the mechine

So logic again. Metal not melt when milj of degree is in it or near . But thors feet crushed it by simply touching it

Did you watch the movie? Thor swung the ship around multiple times in order to for it to achieve a speed that it couldn't under its own power. Also that simply makes Thor's feat of destroying the metal that much more impressive. I guarantee that if Superman did the exact same feat you DCEU fans would simply say that Superman is simply strong.