Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#251 Edited by plotweapon16255 (7813 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen said:

@plotweapon16255: @xzone: Can you show us the full video where Malekith attacks 4 times and Thor only manages one, stop ignoring context. And you've never proven Thor to be supersonic in anything at all

He can never prove anything, all he can do throw some bullshit until he runs out idea & accuse u as troll with his alt.

Avatar image for leonardsnart
#252 Edited by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: That wasn't Thor doing it tho, he was passed out, it was Mjolnir coming back to him and getting his powers back, in ragnarok you see Thors fingers tinkle with lightning then he screams and hits Hela with lightning then specifically say he hit her with the biggest lightning bolt in history, and how is this important, are you saying Zod won't be in close quarters with Thor in their entire fight? Zods fight with Clark and all other kryptonian fights disagree with that

By the way you failed to prove your mach 900 combat speed, I'm still waiting for you to show me how fast Zod punches

Avatar image for lan_fan
#253 Edited by Lan_Fan (14802 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: No, I'm talking about the first time Thor calls lightning from the sky against Frost Giants. I already explained the rest, not gonna do it again. Kryptonians can definitely create space in their fight because they're at the same level of speed, not Thor though.

Wth? I already explained my thought about their combat speed to you.

Avatar image for leonardsnart
#254 Edited by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: Thor called lightning to Mjolnir, that was the only way he could call lightning, how is that applicable to when he called it on Hela when she was next to him?

You explained it by saying Superman goes from 0-mach 900 with no acceleration and build up, without proof and when you tried and failed to provide proof you stopped replying

Avatar image for ruthlesskiller
#255 Posted by RuthlessKiller (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

@ruthlesskiller: No, but he wouldn't allow Thor to jump around in combat either.

Who says Thor has to jump to summon lightning? He can do that with a thought.

I don't care if you believe in feats or not, honestly.

Feats that have no basis in canon.

Lol, fodder electricity cloak isn't going to do much, even some zombies stood up from it.

Zombies that could fight equally with superhuman Asgardians.

As for the outrider ship, we don't know if it's just Thor's defensive lightning cloak doing all the work,

It is his cloak and storm breaker doing the work. But the cloak does more.

and certainly it's not the thing responsible directly from the explosions.

It is actually. The outriders aren't stupid enough to put fuel all over the ship so it can combust.

Thor also destroyed sokovia with his lightning. A feat that puts him in the double digit megaton range.

Avatar image for lan_fan
#256 Posted by Lan_Fan (14802 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruthlesskiller:

Who says Thor has to jump to summon lightning? He can do that with a thought.

Because that's what he always does.

Feats that have no basis in canon.

Feats that happened 4 times and some in combat has basis in canon.

It is his cloak and storm breaker doing the work. But the cloak does more

Lol, you can't even see what's Thor doing there, and his lightning punches isn't the same as his passive lightning cloak.

It is actually. The outriders aren't stupid enough to put fuel all over the ship so it can combust.

Because these outriders are smart? It's the only time Thor's lightning create that kind of explosion. Not even "the biggest lightning in history" that Thor performed did this.

Thor also destroyed sokovia with his lightning. A feat that puts him in the double digit megaton range.

Lol no, he fueled a bomb made by Tony. Iron Man probably did a bigger part seeing he was transferring energy much longer.

Avatar image for alavanka
#257 Edited by Alavanka (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

@plotweapon16255 said:@xzone said:
No Caption Provided

@plotweapon16255: these attacks are breaking the sound barrier.

It's a Blast wave from his attack not a sonic boom.

Obvious supersonic timing is obvious

Lol, no.

X

Hamster?

You just proved @xzone's point. You probably should have read your article before posting it. Just so we're clear: The definition of a blast wave is a shock wave created by an explosive. Shock waves, by definition, are supersonic. Sonic booms are what you call the sound that you hear when a shockwave is created. This is the first paragraph of the article you linked:

"In fluid dynamics, a blast wave is the increased pressure and flow resulting from the deposition of a large amount of energy in a small, very localised volume. The flow field can be approximated as a lead shock wave, followed by a self-similar subsonic flow field. In simpler terms, a blast wave is an area of pressure expanding supersonically outward from an explosive core. It has a leading shock front of compressed gases. The blast wave is followed by a blast wind of negative pressure, which sucks items back in towards the center. The blast wave is harmful especially when one is very close to the center or at a location of constructive interference. High explosives that detonate generate blast waves."

If you bothered to click on the link that says "shock wave", you will be redirected to an article on shock waves. In which the first paragraph of that article will tell you:

"In physics, a shock wave (also spelled shockwave), or shock, is a type of propagating disturbance that moves faster than the local speed of sound in the medium. Like an ordinary wave, a shock wave carries energy and can propagate through a medium but is characterized by an abrupt, nearly discontinuous, change in pressure, temperature, and density of the medium."

Look, I'll even link the first paragraph of the sonic boom article for you.

"A sonic boom is the sound associated with the shock waves created whenever an object travelling through the air travels faster than the speed of sound. Sonic booms generate enormous amounts of sound energy, sounding similar to an explosion or a thunderclap to the human ear. The crack of a supersonic bullet passing overhead or the crack of a bullwhip are examples of a sonic boom in miniature.[2]"

Avatar image for lan_fan
#258 Posted by Lan_Fan (14802 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: Thor called lightning to Mjolnir, that was the only way he could call lightning, how is that applicable to when he called it on Hela when she was next to him?

You explained it by saying Superman goes from 0-mach 900 with no acceleration and build up, without proof and when you tried and failed to provide proof you stopped replying

Because Hela was above him.... Let's say if this was phase one Thor in Ragnarok, nothing would've changed.

I already gave you showing of Zod going mach 500 in an instant. You just kept replying, but I'm no longer interested.

Avatar image for lan_fan
#259 Posted by Lan_Fan (14802 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: @ruthlesskiller:Also, speaking from experience. I know exactly a debate with both of you will end, so I'm just gonna drop it here. Take care, guys.

Avatar image for leonardsnart
#260 Edited by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: you're using instances when Thor called lightning to Mjolnir for proof, has Thor ever called lightning to Mjolnir without any gestures? If he hasn't, why is that applicable here?

You gave an instance of Zod coming into the frame of the picture flying, how is that 0 to mach 500? Zod would have been flying at Clark from a distance considering how far he had thrown him

You need to show Superman going from inertia straight to mach 900 to prove that his bullrushes are that speed cause we've seen superman gain speed mid flight

When did Zod react to a superman bullrush again? Are you saying that bullrush Faora reacted to in that building with Clark's bully was mach 900?

Avatar image for leonardsnart
#261 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: alright, know that you didn't provide any proof for what you were saying tho

Avatar image for solaris6
#262 Posted by solaris6 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor handily.

Avatar image for leonardsnart
#263 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, if DCEU Superman is mach 900 in combat speed and was slow motion in flash time, how fast is flash?

Someone Superman was able to catch up to using flight and race with him with flight speed but was slow motion to him in combat further proving Supermans Flight speed=/=Combat speed

Using someones top speed in running and flying has never equalled his combat speed, ever

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#264 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7813 posts) - - Show Bio

@alavanka said:

Blast waves are supersonic.

Where did I disagree?

Your article evens says so. Come on now. Read your article. By the way, the definition of a blast wave is a shock wave.

Where did I disagree?

Shock waves, by definition, are supersonic. In fact, sonic booms are shockwaves. Sonic booms are what you call the sound that you hear when a shockwave is created. This is the first paragraph in the article you linked.

"In fluid dynamics, a blast wave is the increased pressure and flow resulting from the deposition of a large amount of energy in a small, very localised volume. The flow field can be approximated as a leadshock wave, followed by a self-similar subsonic flow field. In simpler terms,a blast wave is an area of pressure expanding supersonically outward from an explosive core. It has a leading shock front of compressed gases. The blast wave is followed by a blast wind of negative pressure, which sucks items back in towards the center. The blast wave is harmful especially when one is very close to the center or at a location of constructive interference. High explosives that detonate generate blast waves."

If you bothered to click on the link that says "shock wave", you will be redirected to an article on shock waves. In which the first paragraph of that article will tell you:

"In physics, a shock wave (also spelled shockwave), or shock, is a type of propagating disturbance that moves faster than the local speed of sound in the medium. Like an ordinary wave, a shock wave carries energy and can propagate through a medium but is characterized by an abrupt, nearly discontinuous, change in pressure, temperature, and density of the medium."

Look, I'll even link the first paragraph of the sonic boom article for you.

"A sonic boom is the sound associated with the shock waves created whenever an object travelling through the air travels faster than the speed of sound. Sonic booms generate enormous amounts of sound energy, sounding similar to an explosion or a thunderclap to the human ear. The crack of a supersonic bullet passing overhead or the crack of a bullwhip are examples of a sonic boom in miniature.[2]"

Here is where ur confusing blast wave, shockwave & sonic boom.

All blast wave & sonic boom are shockwave.

But sonic boom=/=blast wave coz both have different origin.

One is created by FTS object & other is caused by explosive release of pressure.

Avatar image for ruthlesskiller
#265 Posted by RuthlessKiller (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: So no reply huh? Goodbye. Superman isn't mach 900

Avatar image for nucleon
#266 Edited by Nucleon (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: Lol no, he fueled a bomb made by Tony. Iron Man probably did a bigger part seeing he was transferring energy much longer.

"Fueled" = powered.

Thor provided the raw power to destroy flying Sokovia. What Iron Man was little more than linking the engines, making them conductive for Thor's lightning.

Avatar image for lan_fan
#267 Posted by Lan_Fan (14802 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: Yeah, consider it like a bomb. The fire on its own wouldn't be that harmful, it's how the energy spreads that's destructive. So, I'm just saying Thor's energy on its own is massive, but not THAT destructive.

Also, Iron Man was fueling it as well, and it seems like most of the energy from the explosion came from Iron Man, going by the visual. Thor also triggered the explosion by destroying vibranium, so I guess that's impressive as well.

Avatar image for alavanka
#268 Edited by Alavanka (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

@plotweapon16255 said:
@alavanka said:

Blast waves are supersonic.

Where did I disagree?

Your article evens says so. Come on now. Read your article. By the way, the definition of a blast wave is a shock wave.

Where did I disagree?

Shock waves, by definition, are supersonic. In fact, sonic booms are shockwaves. Sonic booms are what you call the sound that you hear when a shockwave is created. This is the first paragraph in the article you linked.

"In fluid dynamics, a blast wave is the increased pressure and flow resulting from the deposition of a large amount of energy in a small, very localised volume. The flow field can be approximated as a leadshock wave, followed by a self-similar subsonic flow field. In simpler terms,a blast wave is an area of pressure expanding supersonically outward from an explosive core. It has a leading shock front of compressed gases. The blast wave is followed by a blast wind of negative pressure, which sucks items back in towards the center. The blast wave is harmful especially when one is very close to the center or at a location of constructive interference. High explosives that detonate generate blast waves."

If you bothered to click on the link that says "shock wave", you will be redirected to an article on shock waves. In which the first paragraph of that article will tell you:

"In physics, a shock wave (also spelled shockwave), or shock, is a type of propagating disturbance that moves faster than the local speed of sound in the medium. Like an ordinary wave, a shock wave carries energy and can propagate through a medium but is characterized by an abrupt, nearly discontinuous, change in pressure, temperature, and density of the medium."

Look, I'll even link the first paragraph of the sonic boom article for you.

"A sonic boom is the sound associated with the shock waves created whenever an object travelling through the air travels faster than the speed of sound. Sonic booms generate enormous amounts of sound energy, sounding similar to an explosion or a thunderclap to the human ear. The crack of a supersonic bullet passing overhead or the crack of a bullwhip are examples of a sonic boom in miniature.[2]"

Here is where ur confusing blast wave, shockwave & sonic boom.

All blast wave & sonic boom are shockwave.

But sonic boom=/=blast wave coz both have different origin.

One is created by FTS object & other is caused by explosive release of pressure.

Dude, it's obvious from your argument with @xzone that you were tying to argue that Malekith's attacks did not break the sound barrier. Shockwaves are supersonic.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#269 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7813 posts) - - Show Bio

@alavanka said:
@plotweapon16255 said:
@alavanka said:

Blast waves are supersonic.

Where did I disagree?

Your article evens says so. Come on now. Read your article. By the way, the definition of a blast wave is a shock wave.

Where did I disagree?

Shock waves, by definition, are supersonic. In fact, sonic booms are shockwaves. Sonic booms are what you call the sound that you hear when a shockwave is created. This is the first paragraph in the article you linked.

"In fluid dynamics, a blast wave is the increased pressure and flow resulting from the deposition of a large amount of energy in a small, very localised volume. The flow field can be approximated as a leadshock wave, followed by a self-similar subsonic flow field. In simpler terms,a blast wave is an area of pressure expanding supersonically outward from an explosive core. It has a leading shock front of compressed gases. The blast wave is followed by a blast wind of negative pressure, which sucks items back in towards the center. The blast wave is harmful especially when one is very close to the center or at a location of constructive interference. High explosives that detonate generate blast waves."

If you bothered to click on the link that says "shock wave", you will be redirected to an article on shock waves. In which the first paragraph of that article will tell you:

"In physics, a shock wave (also spelled shockwave), or shock, is a type of propagating disturbance that moves faster than the local speed of sound in the medium. Like an ordinary wave, a shock wave carries energy and can propagate through a medium but is characterized by an abrupt, nearly discontinuous, change in pressure, temperature, and density of the medium."

Look, I'll even link the first paragraph of the sonic boom article for you.

"A sonic boom is the sound associated with the shock waves created whenever an object travelling through the air travels faster than the speed of sound. Sonic booms generate enormous amounts of sound energy, sounding similar to an explosion or a thunderclap to the human ear. The crack of a supersonic bullet passing overhead or the crack of a bullwhip are examples of a sonic boom in miniature.[2]"

Here is where ur confusing blast wave, shockwave & sonic boom.

All blast wave & sonic boom are shockwave.

But sonic boom=/=blast wave coz both have different origin.

One is created by FTS object & other is caused by explosive release of pressure.

Dude, it's obvious from your argument with @xzone that you were tying to argue that Malekith's attacks did not break the sound barrier. Shickwaves are supersonic.

Projectile isn't supersonic.

Avatar image for alavanka
#270 Posted by Alavanka (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

@nucleon: Yeah, consider it like a bomb. The fire on its own wouldn't be that harmful, it's how the energy spreads that's destructive. So, I'm just saying Thor's energy on its own is massive, but not THAT destructive.

Also, Iron Man was fueling it as well, and it seems like most of the energy from the explosion came from Iron Man, going by the visual. Thor also triggered the explosion by destroying vibranium, so I guess that's impressive as well.

No. There was no bomb. If Thor had just struck the vibranium spire, he would have cracked the city into smaller chunks. The impact of those chunks would still have been devastating. They needed a way to completely vaporize the city. That's where Iron Man came in. Tony's job was to create a heat seal at the bottom of the spire, so that Thor's power would bounce back up. The vast majority of the power that went into destroying Sokovia would have been from Thor. Again, a small lightning bolt was able to supercharge Tony's suit over 400% power.

FRIDAY: The anti-gravs are rigged to flip. Touch them, they'll go full reverse thrust. The city's not coming down slow.

STARK : Spire is vibranium. If I get Thor to hit it...

FRIDAY : It will crack. That's not enough. The impact would still be devastating.

STARK: Maybe if we can cap the other end. Keep the atomic action doubling back.

FRIDAY: That could vaporize the city & everyone on it

STARK : I got it. Create a heat seal. I could supercharge the spire from below.

FRIDAY Running numbers

FRIDAY : A heat seal could work with enough power.

STARK: Thor, I got a plan.

Avatar image for lan_fan
#271 Edited by Lan_Fan (14802 posts) - - Show Bio

@alavanka: I don't quite get it, but okay then.

Avatar image for alavanka
#272 Edited by Alavanka (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

@alavanka: I don't quite get it, but okay then.

If Thor hit the vibranium without Tony's help, the city cracks. City would still be large enough to cause extinction. If Thor hits the vibranium while Tony heats the bottom, Thor's power bounces back up to vaporize the city. Debris falls harmlessly into the water.

Avatar image for lan_fan
#273 Posted by Lan_Fan (14802 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for ruthlesskiller
#274 Posted by RuthlessKiller (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: Yes. 50 megatons of TNT at the very least.

Avatar image for lan_fan
#275 Posted by Lan_Fan (14802 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruthlesskiller: As I stated earlier, I'm not interested in arguing with you.

Avatar image for ourmanuel
#276 Posted by ourmanuel (11918 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: didn’t you know? Thor’s lightning is 33 times stronger than the nuke from BvS.

All hail ⭐️✨🌟💫 Level Thor

Online
Avatar image for ruthlesskiller
#277 Edited by RuthlessKiller (1000 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for alavanka
#279 Edited by Alavanka (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruthlesskiller:

@lan_fan said:

@alavanka: So city level Thor then?

No. City block to small town level.

@plotweapon16255 said:

Projectile isn't supersonic.

Then what is causing the shock wave? The existence of a shockwave proves that the air molecules are being pushed to create a wave that travels faster than sound. Malekith is creating shockwaves with the particles of the aether moving through air. Unless you're going to argue that the aether generates heat, and the heat is what is pushing the air particles to create the shock wave... then the simplest explanation is simply that the aether was moving FTS.

Avatar image for lan_fan
#280 Posted by Lan_Fan (14802 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for rajjar
#281 Edited by Rajjar (1926 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel said:

@rajjar: flash’s lightning should be due to static electricity, which is exactly what lightning is.

I am not a physicist, but I am sure that lightning is plasma/ionized gas that is created by static discharges in the air currents. That is why one could say Thor's lightning cloak isn't truly lightning. The difference as quite significant in this thread, as the raw power between the two can bypass the durability range existing between a city and a fodder Asgardian zombie.

Avatar image for rajjar
#282 Posted by Rajjar (1926 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol what even is a city-bust anymore. Just take the surface off the city, and that's it? Or crack the landmass into it? We have seen Thor in Jotunheim, and we know what happens if the energy doesn't need Tony Stark's heat seal to stay preserved.

Avatar image for matthew660
#283 Edited by Matthew660 (1676 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor still stomps both rounds....Round 2 is spite

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#284 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11860 posts) - - Show Bio

Tsar bomba level Iron Man solos.

Avatar image for karanrasquinha
#285 Posted by karanrasquinha (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@megafanflash: If speed is equalised, Zod gets rekt faster than he could blink..think about it..thor is a better fighter, he has stormbreaker, he could activate god mode and rape zod like he was punching hulk,

Then there is the star durability feat..

Zod gets rekt both rounds

Avatar image for karanrasquinha
#286 Posted by karanrasquinha (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk: Honestly I think that anybody could life stormbreaker but Thor could easily call it back to him cos its a weapon forged by him..

Honestly I still don't understand why people still thing Zod could take Thor with speed equalised...hulk was smashing his head and Thor just got pissed and went into god mode

Speed equalised Thor would beat superman easily...zod is just a mismatch

IW iron man would be a better matchup

Avatar image for davidharewood14
#287 Posted by DavidHarewood14 (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

wanted to say Thor but he has sh*tty blunt force trauma resistance, Zod K.O.es him pretty quickly. Not hurt but faints him quickly

Avatar image for grand_master520
#288 Posted by Grand_Master520 (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod Stomps

Avatar image for megafanflash
#289 Edited by Megafanflash (795 posts) - - Show Bio

@karanrasquinha: Sure. If speed is equalized. That's fair enough. But I don't think its fair to say Zod gets wrecked round 1. At all.

Moreover, if speed is equal, they should match each-other, right? Why would the fight end faster than any one of them could blink? That means one is much faster than the other (Thor in this scenario). That didn't make much sense.

The star durability feat is insane. However, its tanking the heat and power emitted from the star. That's not the type of damage Zod outputs. Arguably his heat-vision wont work, the blunt force and piercing will.

Avatar image for georgewbush
#290 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12182 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor clowns him

He’s better in every way barring speed

Avatar image for patrat18
#291 Posted by patrat18 (11744 posts) - - Show Bio

wanted to say Thor but he has sh*tty blunt force trauma resistance, Zod K.O.es him pretty quickly. Not hurt but faints him quickly

Avatar image for karanrasquinha
#292 Edited by karanrasquinha (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@megafanflash: Yeah, Zod won't get stomped the first round, he's still a Kryptonian..thor takes in a good fight

If speeds equalised then Thor probably wouldn't be able to perceive zod if he blitzes so yah zod would win in a good fight

Avatar image for subline
#293 Posted by Subline (8413 posts) - - Show Bio

R1: Zod

R2: Thor Stomps

Avatar image for martialartmastr
#294 Edited by MartialArtMastr (24 posts) - - Show Bio

"Thor clowns him" LOL Took my words.

Speed is negated due to hammer as it tracks targets down regardless of speed. He's beat quick fighters like Sentry before. Thor also AOEs attacking speedster characters a few times. Thor #185, 3x the speed of light. That's roughly 2200 times faster than Zod. However flight and run speed, etc only matter if 1 character is trying to escape the other. Stormbreaker has nothing stopping it so far, also bends time, flight speed to move from it's attacks wouldn't matter.

It's also worth noting that someone pointed out that Kryptonians fighting skills are wack. Yes they are, "But supes". No, Supes isn't beating him with stormbreaker in hand either.

Avatar image for mad_jim
#295 Posted by Mad_Jim (2622 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor one shots both rounds..

Avatar image for eobard21
#296 Posted by Eobard21 (6123 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor should win

Avatar image for helloman
#297 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod wins.

Avatar image for panda_emperorix
#298 Posted by panda_emperorix (3830 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

Avatar image for the_fub
#299 Posted by The_Fub (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait....this is actually still a debate? Thor already had better feats post Raganarok. Then in infinity war he showed he was the most durable hero in the MCU and DCEU (that sun frat was low-ball calced to be the equivalent of 12 of the largest nuke to have ever been built going off at once). Coupled with the fact that he was able to casually destroy skyscrapper sized spaceships that we're so durable they didn't even get scratched from falling from orbit. Thor HANDILY at this point.

Avatar image for eri123
#300 Posted by eri123 (1181 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor