#151 Posted by Lan_Fan (12686 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Lol, let's see. And yeah, Superman is mach 900, my bad.

#152 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: so have other people with impressive speed, Diana consistently gets tagged by everyone she fights with, I don't hear anyone discrediting her feats

#153 Posted by Lan_Fan (12686 posts) - - Show Bio
#156 Edited by Lan_Fan (12686 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: That's not even close to making him capable of reacting to Zod, but whatever.

#157 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: what do you mean by exactly? Why wouldn't someone with super sonic reactions react to Zod?

How fast have superman or Zod thrown a punch

#158 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

@xzone: Lol, let's see. And yeah, Superman is mach 900, my bad.

See this is my main disagreement across the board with you. He is obviously not Mach 900. This is as ludicrous as saying Mjolnir is constantly Mach 200 even though we know for a fact it’s not

1) You can’t prove Zod even remotely scales to current Clark

2) Clark is not Mach 900. You’re using a cut up MOS scene where he supposedly flies at Mach 900, then saying his combat speed is magically the same as his travel speed

X

#159 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: what do you mean by exactly? Why wouldn't someone with super sonic reactions react to Zod?

How fast have superman or Zod thrown a punch

Because he believes both Zod and Superman are Mach 500 to 900 Because of travel speed

X

#160 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio
#161 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: I don't receive tags in my email, give me the link

#162 Posted by Lan_Fan (12686 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: By exactly, I meant you debunked yourself. I was using your own logic against you (the one that sparked our conversation here) and you disagree with it.

Their flight speed is 3 digit mach speed. Zod evidently from performed bullrush at this speed as well in fight. Yeah, they actually use their flight speed in combat.

#163 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: I dont get it, are you saying Thor has super sonic rections and Diana has bullet time reactions or are you saying Thor doesn't have super sonic reactions and diana doesn't have bullet time reactions?

But how fast have they thrown a punch? They don't bullrush the whole fight without ever being in close quarters

#164 Posted by Lan_Fan (12686 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Not a cut up. 3 minutes is counted after the dude said "Superman did it" (destroyed the world engine). That's not considering Superman was lying down for a sec before started going. Zod has demonstrated this kind of bullrush speed specifically in combat.

#165 Edited by Lan_Fan (12686 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: They both have supersonic reaction speed. I'm just saying, the fact that they got tagged by things that don't create sonic boom should not mean much. That should just be a feat for the thing that tagged them. Not everything that breaks the speed of sound in a movie should have sonic booms. Pretty similar to creating shockwaves by hitting very hard, can be used as feats, but that doesn't mean attacks that don't create shockwaves are weak, even if performed by the same characters.

Also, Superman can react to his own flight speed, both by statements and feats. That should say something about their combat speed.

#166 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: okay so you say Thor has super sonic reactions, got it and I get he rest of your point too and I kind of agree

You still haven't answered me about how fast they throw a punch tho, usain bolt can run at whatever speeds and react to them but he doesn't throw a punch at those speeds, Batman said something similar once when he was schooling superman about travel speed and combat speed

#167 Posted by Lan_Fan (12686 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: Usain Bolt's running speed is barely as fast as the speed of an average punch from a human.... Plus, I don't think he can react and maneuver freely while running at full speed.

I don't remember Batman saying anything like that, hmmm...

#168 Edited by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: reacting to flight speed has nothing to do with how fast you punch tho, what I said about usain bolt still stands too, how fast you run and fly has nothing to do with how fast you punch

Batman said it in Post Crisis

#169 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: The Bat basically said usain bolt runs faster but Bruce Lee punches faster

#170 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: On mobile, but even if you just google search “MCU Thor speed respect thread comicvine” it should come up

X

#171 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: Dude, for one, that’s incorrect. Two, heck, I could even call that an outlier, even Thor has more consistent speed feats than one feat like that. Three, Travel Speed=\=Combat speed, and twisting a guidebook will not change that

X

#172 Posted by Lan_Fan (12686 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart:

reacting to flight speed has nothing to do with how fast you punch tho, what I said about usain bolt still stands too, how fast you run and fly has nothing to do with how fast you punch

Yeah, but that has something to do with your reaction speed. These kryptonians could tag each other easily. The only time Superman went against slower characters (non-kryptonians) was in JL, and we all know how that turned out.

Batman said it in Post Crisis. The Bat basically said usain bolt runs faster but Bruce Lee punches faster

Yeah, he's not wrong.

#173 Edited by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: Superman and Zod don't always bullrush at the speed superman flew to where the feat you're using, we've seen superman gain speed mid flight, he doesn't start of at max speed

If you agree with the Bat please tell me how fast their punches are, when has flight speed ever been used as speed at which you throw a punch?

#174 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio
#175 Posted by Lan_Fan (12686 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@lan_fan: Dude, for one, that’s incorrect. Two, heck, I could even call that an outlier, even Thor has more consistent speed feats than one feat like that. Three, Travel Speed=\=Combat speed, and twisting a guidebook will not change that

X

Are you saying the 3 minutes stuff is incorrect? No, it's not.

Outlier doesn't happen more than 2 times. Superman has shown this kind of flight speed 3 times himself, and Zod did it once. This is normal.

Except its shown that Superman can react to his own travel speed in all movies he was in. The one in BvS just happened to be a statement from guidebook.

#176 Edited by Lan_Fan (12686 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart:

Superman and Zod don't always bullrush athe speed superman flew to where the feat you're using, we've seen superman gain speed mid flight, he doesn't start of at max speed

Well, it didn't take Zod that much time to gather momentum, since his feat happened in like 3 seconds. Also, I'm talking about how their flight speed relates to their reaction speed.

It's even shown that Superman can track a running Flash, who can run as fast as Superman can fly.

If you agree with the Bat please tell me how fast their punches are, when has flight speed ever been used as speed at which you throw a punch?

They're fast enough to tag each other in combat...

#177 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: MOS Superman=\=JL Superman in speed and you know that. Busy so I can’t make a full response atm, but I know you know this

X

#178 Edited by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: but they don't start at max flying speed, a pilot can react and control a super sonic jet, so can Tony in his suit, so can a ton of comicbook characters, are we going to say they throw punches at those speeds now?

Yes they can tag each other but we don't know the speed at which they are throwing punches...we're going around in circles here

It's becoming apapparent to me that you don't have an impressive striking speed feat here...you keep zig zagging around how fast they can fly

#179 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: So to get this perfectly straight, you’re saying Superman has always had Mach 900 Combat speed and Zod has Mach 500 Combat speed. Is that correct? Don’t make a fool of yourself over this topic, man.

X

#181 Edited by rem (2538 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod in a good fight.

#182 Posted by RuthlessKiller (978 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: @xzone:superman has mach 900 combat speed yet he can't react to an explosion which should be mach 23 at best. Lmao.

Thor still stomps.

#183 Posted by Lan_Fan (12686 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: but they don't start at max flying speed, a pilot can react and control a super sonic jet, so can Tony in his suit, so can a ton of comicbook characters, are we going to say they throw punches at those speeds now?

Yes theu can tag each other but we don't know the speed at which they are throwing punches...we're going around in circles here

It's becoming apapparent to me that you don't have an impressive striking speed feat here...you keep zig zagging around how fast they can fly

I'm fairly certain they can't react and maneuver with their tech like Superman.

No Caption Provided

They usually massively slow down when they turn.

Well, I've been saying it from times to times, they can tag each other, and they have impressive reaction speed. Faora and Nam-Ek were capable of reacting and catching Superman's bullrush/flight, if that's what you're looking for.

@xzone said:

@lan_fan: So to get this perfectly straight, you’re saying Superman has always had Mach 900 Combat speed and Zod has Mach 500 Combat speed. Is that correct? Don’t make a fool of yourself over this topic, man.

X

Uhmmm..... Yeah/? Plus, they don't need combat speed to blitz anyway.

#184 Posted by Lan_Fan (12686 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruthlesskiller: What was he supposed to do though? Pull off Quicksilver? That requires way more speed, and Superman was caught off guard.

#185 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: but that's not the mach 900 feat, are you saying he flys at mach 900 all the time?

Are you saying when namek and Faora reacted to Supermans bullrush he was flying at them at mach 900 speeds?

#186 Posted by RuthlessKiller (978 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

@ruthlesskiller: What was he supposed to do though? Pull off Quicksilver? That requires way more speed, and Superman was caught off guard.

Going by what you're saying, yeah. Superman is 40 times faster than the explosion so he should have been able to save one person at the very least. Not just standing around like fool, going by what you say.

#187 Posted by Lan_Fan (12686 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart:

Are you saying when namek and Faora reacted to Supermans bullrush he was flying at them at mach 900 speeds?

I don't see why Superman would lower his flight speed when he bullrush, tbh. Zod didn't.

#188 Edited by Lan_Fan (12686 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

Going by what you're saying, yeah. Superman is 40 times faster than the explosion so he should have been able to save one person at the very least. Not just standing around like fool, going by what you say.

Caught off guard, again. Superman seems to be able to activate his perception speed at will, but it's not there all the time.

#189 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: so you're saying superman goes from 0-mach 900 with no build up and acceleration? I'll need proof of that

#190 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: that bullrush Faora reacted to when they were in the building with Clarks high school bully definitely wasn't mach 900

#191 Posted by Cahddz (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor one-shots so incredibly easily.

#192 Posted by Lan_Fan (12686 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: so you're saying superman goes from 0-mach 900 with no build up and acceleration? I'll need proof of that

Zod didn't apparently.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#193 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10500 posts) - - Show Bio

Leaning toward Zod.

#194 Edited by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: we don't see Zod going from 0 to their max speed there

I can't believe you're actually saying Superman goes from 0-mach 900

#195 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: do you believe superman goes from 0-mach 900 with no build up speed and acceleration time?

#196 Posted by BabyMyJonSon (8 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#197 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10500 posts) - - Show Bio
#198 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio
#199 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio
#200 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio