• 59 results
#51 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8113 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone:

Since when is striking power via punching and strength NOT linked? Thanos and Hulk are very comparable, and Thanos overpowered hulk, hence his striking should be on par with Hulk’s

When striking power is more focused on momentum than your leverage. Shaw can lift a 1000 pounds but he never demonstrated the ability to punch as hard as Bas Rutten.

There is no way to tell if he could replicate the same Leviathan feat which only requires one thing being brute force with no weaknesses involved and the fact Leviathan doesn't share the same human anatomy as Hulk does. He was dodging and striking Hulk in spots where it hurts and its very evident in the fight.

One example in the video shows that he hit Hulk in a spot that hurts due to being close to the neck. Watching the whole video will make you realize that Thanos has no clearcut strength advantage against Hulk at all. This is was all martial arts.

Loading Video...

Overpowering is false too because the way he grabbed Hulk by the wrist

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Is a very common way to escape a chokehold as seen in this video

Loading Video...

So he didn't overpower Hulk through power, he did it through technique.

At least you can make an argument for Thanos being more skilled, but thats about it honestly. I don't see how effective he can pull those off if he is like twice as big as Superman, hence striking at weakspots would be a lot harder.

But if you are still gonna insist that Thanos is stronger than Hulk, I still fail to see how he can put him down unless Superman stands there for hours.

#52 Posted by Oreoghoul (1683 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: "He's unbeatable on the battlefield, stronger than the Hulk, skin is invincible. So it's going to cost the Avengers something to defeat him"

Russo's said he is stronger

#53 Posted by nfactor1995 (12877 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Zod

#54 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8113 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoghoul:

"He's unbeatable on the battlefield, stronger than the Hulk, skin is invincible. So it's going to cost the Avengers something to defeat him"

Stronger is a vague term. You can say someone is stronger in a sense that they are more powerful in combat but that doesn't necessarily mean physically or stronger is magic since Thanos has the Infinity Gauntlet. You saw the fight yourself, Thanos focused more on technique to beat Hulk and he didn't escape the chokehold until he grabbed the wrist. Hulk was slamming him in and demonstrating more power when thrusting forward.

I also don't think that even if he was stronger it would be enough to call it overpowering Hulk feat wise. For now we can only say they are comparable.

#55 Posted by Oreoghoul (1683 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoghoul:

"He's unbeatable on the battlefield, stronger than the Hulk, skin is invincible. So it's going to cost the Avengers something to defeat him"

Stronger is a vague term. You can say someone is stronger in a sense that they are more powerful in combat but that doesn't necessarily mean physically or stronger is magic since Thanos has the Infinity Gauntlet. You saw the fight yourself, Thanos focused more on technique to beat Hulk and he didn't escape the chokehold until he grabbed the wrist. Hulk was slamming him in and demonstrating more power when thrusting forward.

I also don't think that even if he was stronger it would be enough to call it overpowering Hulk feat wise. For now we can only say they are comparable.

I mean I think it was pretty implied he was stronger physically and I think that's what the Russo's meant but fair enough. Agree to disagree

#56 Posted by icec0ld (1212 posts) - - Show Bio

@thealmightykue:

His durability is not shitty your logic is.

1.) When doomsday beat him up the first time he was weak. He hadn't even healed from the effects of kryptonite. He was still cut from the beating Batman put on him. After he healed he no sold much more powerful attacks from doomsday. The fact that before that he was no selling much worse than getting hit with a marble slab, like flying through a missle voids your weak attempt to low ball his durability.

2.) The nuke didn't hurt him per say, it's a very specific reaction from the "dirty" radiation. If that was pure concussive force and heat nothing would have happened to him. It's the radiation that sapped the solar energy from him and "dried" him out.

#57 Edited by icec0ld (1212 posts) - - Show Bio

This is actually very easy to solve.

Name any top tier character Thor fought and won against one on one that wasn't plot device? Name one character that he straight up beat that would put him in the class of Clark or zod.

Ultron- lost

Ironman-lost

Hulk-lost and stalemated at best

Thanos- lost and almost died

Kurse-lost and almost died

#58 Posted by NiteLite (2537 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump and Team 1.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6891767abb2
#59 Posted by deactivated-5c6891767abb2 (1820 posts) - - Show Bio

@gaoron said:
@oreoghoul said:
@gaoron said: