• 59 results
#1 Posted by HATSoffMELO (2555 posts) - - Show Bio
  • in Character
  • Post IW Thor & Thanos (No Stormbreaker or Gauntlet)
  • BvS/MoS Superman & Zod
  • Battle in Wakanda
  • win by Death
#2 Posted by sky_warrior (823 posts) - - Show Bio

Give them Stormbreaker and a gem or 2 and either of the team still stomps lol

#3 Posted by RL4 (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

I’d pick Thanos’s team to win, with him as the MVP, he hurt Hulk worse than he’s ever gotten hurt, and Hulk has already taken some MoS level beatings in Ragnarok.

I might change my mind though, anyone’s thoughts?

Avatar image for aquatic_pianist
#4 Posted by Aquatic_Pianist (694 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos has no feats without the Gauntlet except for quickly dispatching the Hulk with a decent strength advantage and considerable skill, and we don’t know if he defeated Thor with or without the Gauntlet, or with the help of the Black Order, so Thanos without the IG is the weak link here. Since this is BvS/MoS versions of Superman and Zod, and Infinity War Thor without Stormbreaker, Thor is really all that’s needed to win.

Durability is arguably the best trait for any of these characters. Thor survived prolonged exposure to the full power of the star, Superman barely survived a nuke, and Zod survived being punched thousands of feet regularly with no visible injury, and was only killed with a neck snap. Since Thor does not have Stormbreaker, none of the characters here have the output to really harm each other by breaking through the skin. The only way they can harm each other in my mind is by exploiting bones, like the meme-able neck snap, which Thor in character has done before. These versions of Superman and Zod do not have a huge speed advantage, and if either of them get close Thor can make up for their smallish speed advantage with his superior skill, physicals, or lightning. Remember this is the Thor that pulled the rings of Nidavellir and opened the star mechanism with a huge mechanical disadvantage. If Zod or Superman get into the air and try to rain heat vision on Thor, Thor can knock them down with lightning from the sky. I think this battle would play out as Thanos providing a distraction long enough for Thor to get close, restrain, and kill Zod and Superman with a neck snap or some other way of breaking bones to kill.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc
#5 Posted by deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman solos, Zod solos, Wonder Woman could also solo. Mismatch. Give for DCEU team Apocalypse or Jean Grey

#6 Posted by Laurus (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre JL Superman is nothing special, and Zod is even less impressive. Thor and Thanos take this handily.

#7 Edited by Unorthodoxx (271 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes and zod people need to stop thinking you need star level attack to beat Thor (Kurse/ Ultron) made him bleed easily he's gotten tankier but still very killable. he is horribly slow combat wise and his punches are not that impressive outside of lighting mode he gets his neck snapped eventually. Thanos got blood drawn by ironman he loses to either kryptonian who can draw blood on each other physically.

#8 Posted by NiteLite (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#9 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7823 posts) - - Show Bio

Both kryptonians can solo.

#10 Posted by TitanConsumed (390 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2,Thanos is a weak link and Thor gets overwhelmed.

#11 Edited by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

Gees, you took away Stormbreaker? I think I’ll go with Clark and Zod, cause thanos is actually the weak link here imo. He has no speed feats that I can recall, so he’s gonna be kinda slow

X

#12 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Lan_Fan (14889 posts) - - Show Bio

Either Superman or Zod could solo.

#14 Posted by Bayman007 (1699 posts) - - Show Bio

DCEU team with ease

#15 Edited by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

Either Superman or Zod could solo.

How.. Thor and Thanos could ay least defeat Zod

X

#16 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7823 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7823 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@plotweapon16255: You do realize you have to prove your arguments, right? Just saying Zod or Superman solos doesn’t make you correct.

X

#20 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8239 posts) - - Show Bio

Under these rules Superman does solo albeit statue force is removed here. I just can't see Thor nor Thanos capable of putting him down without the gauntlet or stormbreaker.

#21 Posted by Crunch5481 (1167 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman solos

#22 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7823 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@plotweapon16255: You do realize you have to prove your arguments, right?

Nope, especially if it a troll.

Just saying Zod or Superman solos doesn’t make you correct.

It does when it's clearly established fact.

X

Sz

#23 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@plotweapon16255: So proving your arguments isn’t a thing? That does make sense coming from you

X

#24 Edited by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@red_ruby_petal

Thor just about two shot the hulk once he unlocked his cloak, and Hulk’s durability is comparable to clarks (not saying Thor two shots Clark, or even can beat him one on one, but he can in fact put him down with thanos help)

Also, thanos is>>>>>Hulk in speed, skill, and strength. Thanos+Thor should be more than enough to prevent clark from soloing

X

#25 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7823 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@plotweapon16255: So proving your arguments isn’t a thing?

Not for u!

That does make sense coming from you

Haha

X

Zs

#26 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8239 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Hulk’s best durability feats like the building one is very easily replicated by Clark since MoS but then we have the World Engine and nuke feat that makes their durability incomparable at this point.

Even without JL feats Thanos doesnt hold a speed advantage against Clark while being bigger and easier to dodge. Clark also strikes harder honestly.

#27 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: Fair enough on most points, but I will say that hulk’s durability is nothing to scoff at. Building level is nothing when he hits the ground at 30k+ feat (you could also use the feat where heimdal sends hulk to earth) and you could even just scale it by the shockwave (not taking about the lightning wave, but there is a massive shockwave that appears as well) larger than anything we have seen from Clark IIRC

X

#28 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8239 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: When you compare the shockwave done on the building and the shockwave the world engine did right here. Its impressive durability, but honestly its something Superman will indeed laugh at.

Loading Video...

That and a nuke's shockwave doesn't just stretch across a building but an entire city.

#29 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: Well sure, but a shockwave from a punch and a shockwave from a building are very different

X

#30 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8239 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: you sure it was a shockwave from a punch or a dust cloud from a building? Also I don't know what you are referring to.

#31 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: I’m referring to the shockwave from Thor’s punch (gif above). Not talking about the lightning shockwave, but the shockwave that was even larger from it. Largest punch shockwave I’ve ever seen

X

#32 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8239 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: though to be fair it was a lightning enhanced shockwave so that might not have been done due to air pressure alone. There is no way to tell that the physical force outputted is proportionate to the size of the shockwave. I'll play the devil's advocate though but this shockwave is pretty comparable anyway

No Caption Provided

What I find vastly more impressive though was when Superman hits so hard he can send Doomsday a couple kilometers away in a second with a single punch.

Loading Video...

ICBMs normally travel 6-7 km per second.

https://space.stackexchange.com/questions/12028/is-it-correct-that-it-takes-approx-30-minutes-for-an-icbm-to-reach-russia

Since we can clearly tell Superman was moving faster than the ICBM he had to have accelerated his fist faster than mach 20. Just imaging the distance though a single punch from Superman could send Thor across entire city blocks. I've never seen Thor ever take a hit that hard.

And just to give you an idea of how far 7 km is, he could basically punch you across 1/3 of Manhattan.

No Caption Provided

Its pretty consistent too. Back in MoS his punches were sending Zod across part of the city

Loading Video...

#33 Edited by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: NOT the lightning shockwave, the other shockwave (its kinda hard to tell at first, cause the lightning one is distracting) which is FAR larger

X

#34 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8239 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Oh I see the one surrounding it. Though if you were to take away the lightning around it, it wouldn't look that impressive honestly neither does it seem bigger than the one I showed you. Still not really enough proof that wasn't a result of the lightning than the physical force of that strike.

One thing to note that it didn't really knock away Hulk that much. When Superman clashed with Zod they both sent each other flying towards the nearby buildings breaking them. Easily making their shockwaves more potent physically.

Loading Video...
#35 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8239 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: That I don't really think even that shockwave is a fraction of what a Nuke and the World engine is capable of.

#36 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: Yes, and I wasn’t saying it was larger than the one you showed, but larger than the lightning one. Secondly, there’s some different factors in the blow back. For one, blowback isn’t always the best way to measure feats (though it is sometimes effective). Thirdly, the Zod and Superman feat is different shockwave wise because two objects are contributing force to the equation, not just one like Thor hitting hulk. And finally, hulk weighs a lot more than either Zod or Superman, so the distance he flies back is also changed by that.

Finally, I won’t try and argue Thor’s punches are more potent than Zod’s or Clark’s, cause let’s be honest, two punches against an opponent with very few durability doesn’t help much. I am simply arguing that he can put down clark with thanos

X

Avatar image for supermanforever
#37 Posted by Supermanforever (8541 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: hahahahahahahahaha omg dude stop

#38 Posted by Gaoron (8965 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor solos

#39 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8239 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone:

Yes, and I wasn’t saying it was larger than the one you showed, but larger than the lightning one.

Ok, so then they are comparable in size essentially addressing your claim that the shockwave was bigger than anything seen in DCEU.

Secondly, there’s some different factors in the blow back. For one, blowback isn’t always the best way to measure feats (though it is sometimes effective).

If I were to list the only possible factor its the fact that it shows the physical force of their punches sending them flying with enough force to destroy part of the buildings. That alone can't be ignored.

Thirdly, the Zod and Superman feat is different shockwave wise because two objects are contributing force to the equation, not just one like Thor hitting hulk.

So we can say there was a half contribution to the shockwave at the very least since we know Superman is surperior to Zod stat wise. It would still be better either way since I question Thor's punch being solely done out of physical force rather than the effects of his lightning powers. In the end while Clark's feat wasn't done alone, Thor's is still a feat in question.

And finally, hulk weighs a lot more than either Zod or Superman, so the distance he flies back is also changed by that.

Yes Hulk does weigh more than Zod and Superman but you can't simply ignore the fact that the force they were sent was enough to destroy the nearby building so the potency is still higher.

Finally, I won’t try and argue Thor’s punches are more potent than Zod’s or Clark’s, cause let’s be honest, two punches against an opponent with very few durability doesn’t help much. I am simply arguing that he can put down clark with thanos

X

Oh sure, so if your argument is based on the idea that Thor and Thanos can put down Superman because of their shockwave punches or at least Thor's, mind I show you its pretty trivial as opposed to

A shockwave that was seen hundreds if not thousands of kilometers from earth to space

Loading Video...

Or a shockwave that causes massive Tsunamis surrounding the world engine

No Caption Provided

and for reference the world engine towers above buildings in size

No Caption Provided

Thats basically saying the Tsunami itself could cover a portion of this city.

So are still gonna insist Thor can put down Superman when his shockwaves aren't even a 1/10th or a 1/100th possibly 1/1000th the size of the shockwaves Superman either took point blank

No Caption Provided

or right in the middle of for a minute

No Caption Provided

On the side note he did the World Engine one while weakened and coughing.

#40 Posted by TheAlmightyKue (216 posts) - - Show Bio

The Wankforce is strong in these ones.

Superman has some shitty examples of durability. First the Nuke, According to the GOD of the DCEU that being Snyder especially for that movie. Superman was only harmed by the radiation of the nuke. But take note that they are BEYOND the Starfish Threshold which is a real thing. And them showing it was giving you information if you were so inclinded to look it up. Nukes exploded in space have no heat or concussive shockwave, what you do get is the radiation which makes up roughly 15% of the nukes overall output. What you see speeding away from the origin of the bomb are charged particles at least according to the US Military and NASA. Now you might believe you have a superior understanding of how atomic fusion and fission.

Then there is Superman being stunned by the marble slab by Doomsday. Marble has a well known tensile strength and how much force it requires to shatter. We see Doomsday throw Superman through the marble monument, he is down for 3 seconds as Doomsday rips the next slab up. At the 4th second he is on the ground we see Superman turn his head to look back toward DD. DD approaches and Superman turns onto his side/back and gets hit again. The monument breaks off a little at the bottom, a few inches at best. But if this is suppose to be DD hitting Superman shouldn't that entire slab crack and crumble? After being hit Superman is LIMP for more than 7 seconds as DD drags him from under the slab, and tosses him through the Superman statue right next to them and into a building. Superman does not appear to react till over a minute later. For a guy who can fly according to some of his fans Mach 900 around the world in around a minute surely he could have gotten from that building to DD in that much time right? So being hit with a blow that was not hard enough to shatter marble TKOed Superman for more than a minute.

So if that blow can TKO Superman and being thrown near the monument and shattering concrete left him down for 2-3 seconds as well. Well than Thor can definitely hit him hard enough to TKO him. After all given what he did to Hulk during Thor 3 showed he can hit pretty damn hard.

I do not believe Superman is that fast either. In MoS we see his combat speed is just under Mach one. We know this because the sonic cone is formed in front of his fist the same way a sonic cone forms in front of a plane before they punch through it going beyond the speed of sound.

Superman is also not safely a Mach 900 speedster either. The reason for this is simple. in MoS we get a very unusual set of cuts around the time the World Engine dies till Superman appears to save Lois and the plane. One benchmark of this set up is the scenes of Perry White and the other guy trying to save Jenny from the rubble as the machine is crushing ever closer to them. Then they give up (After having tried for like two minutes) and just accept their fate. But the machine stops and we hear the machine die as the camera zooms in on Perry's face. Then we see right before Superman appears the cut to Perry helping Jenny from the rubble. And this is suppose to have happened within roughly 1 minute and 30 seconds. Now if they could not move the rock in 2 minutes with full adrenaline in a life or death situation but they can in 1 minute and a half.. what the hell changed? Nothing from what is shown in the shot. We see just Perry, that other guy, and Jenny. We don't see people there having helped out (Which might explain it in such a small amount of time.) so unless Jenny is actually Martian Manhunter and phased through the rubble, or Perry or his pal are also secretly Kryptonians there is no way Jenny got out in 1 minute and 30 seconds. This works well with the other indicator in that frame of time. The plane carrying lois is shown to be many miles out to sea when the world engine dies, we get a shot of them telling Lois that superman did it. Then when superman arrives they are over the city indicating that time has passed. Now yes a c-13 plane like that can move at 500 mph at cruising speed and they likely were hauling butt to get there, but in around 1 minute to clear all that distance? Now while this also is not 100% clear on how much time passed, we get the impression time is not 1:1 for film run time meaning there is a jump cut of time.

So with shitty durability showings that show him being knocked out or stunned by concrete shattering blows. And a speed that is wildly inconsistent and hard to ID Superman doesn't really have the edge here. Thor can be made to bleed yes, but he heals insanely fast and doesn't seem to let injuries actually hinder him as he was sliced across the side, stabbed multiple times in Thor 3 and yes fought like nothing was effecting him, his stab through the shoulder healed immediately to the point he could casually move that arm and shoulder seconds later.

Thor and Thanos take this, though not without a few long minutes of both sides trying to see what the other can do.

#41 Edited by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: It’s not simply based on shockwaves, that’s just one thing I was pointing out. Thanos hits harder than hulk, who has some pretty impressive striking feats on his own, plus Thor’s, so again, the “they can’t put Superman down argument” doesn’t seem valid to me. I think we should both be able to agree that thanos and Thor CAN put Clark down.

OT: As I said above, Zod and Clark take the cake

X

#42 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8239 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone:

It’s not simply based on shockwaves, that’s just one thing I was pointing out.

That was literally your initial point.

Thanos hits harder than hulk, who has some pretty impressive striking feats on his own, plus Thor’s, so again, the “they can’t put Superman down argument” doesn’t seem valid to me.

I think we should both be able to agree that thanos and Thor CAN put Clark down.

You are only saying what is impressive but you aren't really comparing what Superman has taken to what they are outputting so you aren't really making a fair argument here. If there is anything to invalidate my claim, can you first compare taking a nuke and the world engine to Thanos' and Thors' punches?

As for Thanos, you do know what he had against Hulk wasn't striking power but skill right? They never clashed fists. Thanos was always dodging his attacks and hitting him in spots where it hurts.

#43 Edited by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio
@red_ruby_petal said:

@xzone:

It’s not simply based on shockwaves, that’s just one thing I was pointing out.

That was literally your initial point.

What’s wrong with having more than one point exactly?

Thanos hits harder than hulk, who has some pretty impressive striking feats on his own, plus Thor’s, so again, the “they can’t put Superman down argument” doesn’t seem valid to me.

I think we should both be able to agree that thanos and Thor CAN put Clark down.

You are only saying what is impressive but you aren't really comparing what Superman has taken to what they are outputting so you aren't really making a fair argument here. If there is anything to invalidate my claim, can you first compare taking a nuke and the world engine to Thanos' and Thors' punches?

How are you comparing blunt durability to a nuke? I realize there is blast force, but punches=\=blast Force It’s a differnt animal all together.

As for Thanos, you do know what he had against Hulk wasn't striking power but skill right? They never clashed fists. Thanos was always dodging his attacks and hitting him in spots where it hurts.

Thanos clearly caught Hulk’s arm and overpowered him. Are you saying thanos is weaker than hulk?

#44 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8239 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone:

Thanos clearly caught Hulk’s arm and overpowered him. Are you saying thanos is weaker than hulk?

Just simply quoting myself here with a highlight of words.

#45 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8239 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone:

Just saw this, since you didn’t really format it. On mobile rn.

“How are you comparing blunt durability to a nuke? I realize there is blast force, but punches=\=blast Force It’s a differnt animal all together.”

They are different in a way thats its a punch and a blast but similar in a way that they both deliver physical force which is what matters.

#46 Posted by Oreoghoul (1768 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Gaoron (8965 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: Since when is striking power via punching and strength NOT linked? Thanos and Hulk are very comparable, and Thanos overpowered hulk, hence his striking should be on par with Hulk’s

X

#49 Posted by Oreoghoul (1768 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Gaoron (8965 posts) - - Show Bio