Posted by xZone (4752 posts) 2 months, 8 days ago

Poll: MCU Thor and DCEU Superman vs FOX Silver Surfer and Human Torch (27 votes)

Thor and Clark 33%
SS and Torch 67%

-All parties are Bloodlusted

-Speed is equalized

-Battle on Asgard

Who wins and Why?

#1 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (1585 posts) - - Show Bio

How does Human Torch not get one shotted?

Meant to put SS soloing but voted incorrectly.

My vote goes to Surfer beating them with the power cosmic.

#2 Posted by PenguinLover (994 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer solos. Torch is fodder here.

#3 Posted by Mutant1230 (5361 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#4 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (4651 posts) - - Show Bio

Team lacks matter manipulation resistance feats.

Avatar image for larcadedragneel
#5 Posted by LarcadeDragneel (1348 posts) - - Show Bio

Team lacks matter manipulation resistance feats.

Did Silver Surfer have any impressive matter manipulation feats?

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#6 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (4651 posts) - - Show Bio

@larcadedragneel: doom pissed him off he completely dismantled doom and pushed his particles through an ice wall and remade him on the other side.

#7 Posted by EmpressOfDread (9884 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer can solo.

#8 Edited by God_Gun (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer wins

#9 Edited by Emanresu_20 (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer wins this isnt even a question.

In fact to answer any further “Fox Silver Surfer vs any other Live action Hero” thread. The answer will always be Surfer.

#10 Posted by LarcadeDragneel (1348 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_living_tribunal_24: I just re-watched the clip and yeah I guess he does have matter manipulation. However, he also had to draw energy from his board which took a few seconds. Doom also wasn't moving making him an easy target. I doubt Thor and Clark are going to stand in one place waiting for Surfer to attack. It was also already decided that Human Torch is going to be a non-factor so it will quickly be a 2v1 and I don't see how Surfer is going to get the opening to attack.

#11 Posted by Emanresu_20 (1842 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by LarcadeDragneel (1348 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Eeef (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

Norrin solos.

#14 Posted by Emanresu_20 (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@larcadedragneel:

Meaning they only need to get hit once for Surfer to kill them. Surfer also has the AOE Attack he used on Galactus.

#15 Posted by LarcadeDragneel (1348 posts) - - Show Bio

@emanresu_20: Yes but why are they going to stand around and let him hit them. Surfer is a strong character he just takes forever to attack. Also the final attack he used against Galactus took half a minute which is more than enough time to interrupt the attack. Speed is equalized so no one is getting speed blitzed but either Clark or Thor only need one hit to kill Human Torch. Once again bringing it down to a 2v1 where they put enough pressure on Surfer to where he can't attack.

#16 Edited by Emanresu_20 (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@larcadedragneel:

Well for starters they have no knowledge of what he is during or the fact that hisnpower comes from the board.

Second watch the Surfer Military fight sequence again. Surfer is able to bring the attack to his hand, hold it, then strike.

Also it doesn’t take as long as you think for Surfer to get an attack off.

Also pretty sure Surfer has a form of Phasing as well or distorting matter around him.its questionable they can even touch him.

#17 Posted by LarcadeDragneel (1348 posts) - - Show Bio

@emanresu_20:I watched the fight scene and the attacks surfer was sending out were nothing more than mini explosions. It could be argued that he was using the force from the missiles back against them but I am unsure if that is what happened so I won't say it did. Here you can see Clark tanks an explosion much stronger than what Surfer was sending out and a side by side comparison.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Also for the attack times I will show you just how long it takes for Surfer to attack when not using his weaker attacks. These gifs are from his final attack against Galactus and they are 15 seconds long each. That means it took surfer 30 seconds while standing in the same place to use this attack. So this attack is basically unusable in a real fight.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#18 Posted by saymon3000 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Fox SS has matter manipulation feats in the movie, and can't be detached from his power source, in this battle, for obvious reasons. Torch is non factor.

Thus, SS solos.

#19 Posted by destinyman75 (12497 posts) - - Show Bio

Norrin is being overrated here no way is he winning. Clark and Thor are well above doom who was just standing there they can put him down for a majority

#20 Posted by Emanresu_20 (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@larcadedragneel:

It’s not about his explosions they can’t take his matter Manipulation at all. He’s able to casually atomize massive holes in the the Earth the size as forests and so deep it reaches the Core. Neither Thor or Superman can tank matter Manipulation on that scale. In fact they have no resistance feats to matter Manipulation at all.

Surfer does to them what he does to doom except he doesn’t put them back together.

#21 Posted by Emanresu_20 (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75:

They have no matter Manipulation resistance feats let alone Matter Manipulation that can creates forest sized holes to the Earths Core.

#22 Edited by Gazool (1176 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer stomps them while torch sits there reading a magazine.

#23 Posted by LarcadeDragneel (1348 posts) - - Show Bio

@emanresu_20: How long did it take for SS to make those holes? Also how do we know that is a viable attack? Surfer was fazed by Doom's lighting and obviously annoyed. Thor's lightning is dozens of times stronger not to mention Superman's heat vision.

#24 Posted by Emanresu_20 (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@larcadedragneel:

Only like a few seconds. You see him do sonto another planet in the very beginning of the movie. Yeah he was caught off guard but no damaged was really done to him.

#25 Posted by destinyman75 (12497 posts) - - Show Bio

@emanresu_20: not likely Norrin is starting off with that though. And his passive nature is going to work against him. Doomsday lightning is much weaker them Thor's and less then Clark's heat vision. Not saying he can't win but this whole auto manipulation attack I don't see

#26 Posted by thanosii (2939 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom with Surfers power was casually collapsing mountains while travelling at hypersonic speeds. Surfer is ftl so he speed blitz stomps

#27 Edited by Richard96 (4952 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer solos, johnny is fodder.

#28 Posted by Gamer-Guy (3354 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by Lord_Titan_ (1488 posts) - - Show Bio

SS still stomps with matter manipulation