Posted by CCThor (1532 posts) 1 month, 5 days ago

Poll: MCU Thanos with power gems boost strength VS DCEU Superman,Diana,Aquaman,Batman(ARM WRESTLING). (56 votes)

Thanos breaks their arms at same time. 57%
The team pulls the win. 38%
Both side die because they create huge energe impact and destroy entire world. 5%

All of them are in their best condition and Batman in his BvS Supercounter Armor.

#1 Posted by Redshift_Bacon (687 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao..? Stormbreaker Thor would match Supes in arm-wrestling. The rest are fodder compaired to supes. Base Thanos has a chance against Superman let alone with a Power-Gem amp.

#2 Edited by KingLouie (3567 posts) - - Show Bio

lol Batman

Who’s actually voting for team? 😂

#3 Posted by TheArchon (1197 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao..? Stormbreaker Thor would match Supes in arm-wrestling. The rest are fodder compaired to supes. Base Thanos has a chance against Superman let alone with a Power-Gem amp.

Lol. Stormbreaker Thor would dream of being able to match Superman in arm-wrestling.

#4 Posted by Redshift_Bacon (687 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by AbstractRaze (2742 posts) - - Show Bio

Team wins with low effort, because they blitz Thanos, the flash would surely disarm Thanos in one instant.

Ps: It was an armwrestling match, I do say Thanos now.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#6 Posted by EternalDarkFury (1725 posts) - - Show Bio

lol Batman

Who’s actually voting for team? 😂

#7 Posted by BOC (1599 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused, is this Thanos arm wrestling the combined strength of these 4?

If so he... loses?

#8 Posted by NiteLite (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly don't know.

#9 Edited by APEX_pretador (20932 posts) - - Show Bio

If we take the ring feat seriously then Thor's stronger than Superman and others don't count

#10 Posted by BOC (1599 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: If we took the ring feat seriously, we'd have to take Superman's tectonic plate feat seriously. In that case, Superman is much stronger.

#11 Posted by Skrskr (3541 posts) - - Show Bio

Power stone has never been shown to boost physical strength in the MCU.

#12 Edited by APEX_pretador (20932 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc: One thing is an on panel feat as clear as it gets while the other is a newspaper headlines unfocused into background

#13 Posted by Lan_Fan (14821 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman solos.

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
#14 Posted by chuggachugga170 (239 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc: One thing is an on panel feat as clear as it gets while the other is a newspaper headlines unfocused into background

#15 Edited by Waxseruya (359 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan:@boc:@abstractraze:@skrskr:

Planet level >>>>>>>>>>>> Nuke level.

Thanos solo / strength power stone >>>>>> strength dceu superman.

Team get destroy if they touch arm of thanos.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#16 Edited by Lan_Fan (14821 posts) - - Show Bio

@chuggachugga170 said:
@apex_pretador said:

I don't think that's his point. On screen, or off screen, both feats happened. What he was trying to say is that both are clearly outliers. They've struggled with MUCH less things in the past. If you both want to ignore consistency and only see Thor's best feat, then we should be able to do the same with Superman.

#17 Posted by APEX_pretador (20932 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

I don't think that's his point. On screen, or off screen, both feats happened.

No, we know for sure the ring feat happened. We know how it happened and we know it is a strength feat.

We know nothing of the tectonic plate thing, except it is a blurry newspaper headline and newspaper headlines are the origin of clickbait. Even if it did happen, we don't know how it happened. We don't know how much was Superman's involvement. We don't know the size of the plate.

What he was trying to say is that both are clearly outliers.

The first words of my post:

If we take the ring feat seriously then

prove that I am not yet sure if I should take it seriously or not.

They've struggled with MUCH less things in the past.

I don't remember Thor struggling with anything except stronger characters.

As for Superman he has gotten better than before, but his best feat is still lifitng that building.

If you both want to ignore consistency and only see Thor's best feat,

Already covered this. We had no idea about Thor's upper limits of strength (except we know he should be below 2 billion ton level due to sokovia), and I'm not yet sure if we should take it seriously or not. Infact I'm not sure how good it is.

then we should be able to do the same with Superman.

Lifting the building it is then?

#18 Posted by NiteLite (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos I guess.

#19 Edited by Lan_Fan (14821 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador:

We know nothing of the tectonic plate thing, except it is a blurry newspaper headline and newspaper headlines are the origin of clickbait.

We have one proof that Superman did it, and you don't have anything to suggest that it wasn't true. Zack Snyder put it there, and he knows more about his Superman than we do.

Statements in fictional are often true, unless it's somehow proven otherwise.

Even if it did happen, we don't know how it happened.

Oh, come on. How else would he do it?

We don't know how much was Superman's involvement.

Are you suggesting that someone else did it and Superman just took the credit? That's lame.

I don't remember Thor struggling with anything except stronger characters.

Like that time he struggled fighting Loki, physically... Or that time he was knocked down by a boulder that Kurse threw at him. Should've never happened, if he was that strong he would've been able to slap that rock to oblivion with one hand.

That time he struggled to break out from SHIELD prison. If he was that strong, he would've been able to lift the entire ship, let alone destroying a small part of it with his hammer.

I'm not saying that these are his limit, but someone that strong should never have struggled with these.

We had no idea about Thor's upper limits of strength (except we know he should be below 2 billion ton level due to sokovia), and I'm not yet sure if we should take it seriously or not. Infact I'm not sure how good it is.

Sokovia isn't even strength feat.

#20 Edited by GoodAfternoon (338 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Team lose no one is a level planet.

#21 Posted by Openthedoor (258 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Team lose no one is a level planet.

This.

#22 Posted by arqe (792 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins. Stones have no fighting feats, no strenght boost feats, beams / blasts from gauntlet is weak since Nova, Drax and Star Lord took a power blast to the face and didn't die or even get scratched.

#23 Edited by APEX_pretador (20932 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

@apex_pretador:

We have one proof that Superman did it, and you don't have anything to suggest that it wasn't true. Zack Snyder put it there, and he knows more about his Superman than we do.

I'm not sold on "Snyder put it there so it must have happened". A blurry newspaper headline isn't a concrete evidence for me to consider it as a feat. If Snyder wanted to show it, he would have.

Statements in fictional are often true, unless it's somehow proven otherwise.

Except it is not even a proper statement.

Oh, come on. How else would he do it?

I don't know how. Nobody knows

Are you suggesting that someone else did it and Superman just took the credit? That's lame.

No, I'm asking how much work Superman did.

Like that time he struggled fighting Loki, physically...

He holds back against Loki. And he has always been shown his physical superior. Hulk treated Loki like a wet towel, and Thor is comparable to Hulk in physicals.

Or that time he was knocked down by a boulder that Kurse threw at him.

I don't see how that's relevant.

Should've never happened, if he was that strong he would've been able to slap that rock to oblivion with one hand.

He was stunned from Kurse's punches, and the boulder had a lot of Kinetic Energy because it was thrown by Kurse at such great speeds.

That time he struggled to break out from SHIELD prison. If he was that strong, he would've been able to lift the entire ship, let alone destroying a small part of it with his hammer.

That cage was built to contain the hulk, so ofcourse it would be strong.

I'm not saying that these are his limit, but someone that strong should never have struggled with these.

He didn't actually struggle with anything here. It's not like he tried lifting the boulder and failed.

Sokovia isn't even strength feat.

Nevermind.

#24 Posted by NiteLite (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

#25 Posted by Subline (8412 posts) - - Show Bio

Since when was Thanos this strong?

#26 Edited by Lan_Fan (14821 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador:

I'm not sold on "Snyder put it there so it must have happened". A blurry newspaper headline isn't a concrete evidence for me to consider it as a feat. If Snyder wanted to show it, he would have.

No, Snyder put that as an easter egg to Reeves Superman. He wouldn't just copy some scenes from previous incarnations, obviously.

Except it is not even a proper statement.

It's a statement. Lex Luthor also stated in the tie-in comic that stopping earthquake was supposedly easy for Superman, implying that Superman has actually done it in the past.

I don't know how. Nobody knows

There's only one way to do it. Plus, considering it's an easter egg from Reeves Superman, why isn't it fair to say that the exact same thing happened?

Plus, the Lex Luthor thing. The context was "Well, I know you're strong and you can do these physical stuffs easily, now let's see how you use your brain on political stuffs." Further implying that Superman simply moved it with his strength.

He holds back against Loki. And he has always been shown his physical superior. Hulk treated Loki like a wet towel, and Thor is comparable to Hulk in physicals.

He did, but it was just stupid. I mean, holding your strength back makes sense, but how could you be knocked back by someone, in your fighting form while you were supposed to be infinitely stronger than them.

Thor is not comparable to Hulk in strength. Sure, his punches could move Hulk, but that was it. He was just in there due to his skill and weapon... And later his lighting. Mostly skill. Loki had none of these.

Again, I'm not saying these are his limits, but still weird to see him struggle against these.

He was stunned from Kurse's punches, and the boulder had a lot of Kinetic Energy because it was thrown by Kurse at such great speeds.

Well, Kurse thew it more vertically. It almost like it just fell onto Thor. Either way, when you're that strong, shouldn't a rock be very crumbly?

That cage was built to contain the hulk, so ofcourse it would be strong.

I consider this statement bullshit. Not because there's a lack of proof like you are saying with tectonic plate feat, but simply because more established showings and statements contradict it. Hulk was shown to be able to damage vibranium, strongest metal on earth. Now they are telling me they were gonna imprison Hulk in a glass prison? How does that make sense? Also they have no idea how strong Hulk is.

I'm gonna pull your card and say that we don't know how that prison gonna hold Hulk. Maybe it was going to negate Hulk's gamma radiation, turning him to human again? We don't know.

He didn't actually struggle with anything here. It's not like he tried lifting the boulder and failed.

That would be talking about his limit. I'm talking about things he struggled with. Although this reminds me to where Thor was being held onto a chair and couldn't break free. That'd be massive lowballing though.

#27 Posted by Lan_Fan (14821 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: Anyway, probably my last reply. Sucks not to have PC while writing essays. Burns too much time.

#28 Posted by KingLouie (3567 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline: Hulk scaling plus power stone = GG

#29 Posted by BOC (1599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:
said:
said:

: One thing is an on panel feat as clear as it gets while the other is a newspaper headlines unfocused into background

I don't think that's his point. On screen, or off screen, both feats happened. What he was trying to say is that both are clearly outliers. They've struggled with MUCH less things in the past. If you both want to ignore consistency and only see Thor's best feat, then we should be able to do the same with Superman.

This is what I was saying.

#30 Posted by GateOfBabylon (4396 posts) - - Show Bio

When has Thanos ever used the Power Stone to boost physical strength? We don't even know if it actually does that.

#31 Posted by Bayman007 (1698 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is stronger than Thanos

#32 Posted by eri123 (1181 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

#33 Posted by Archangel01 (1990 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman alone is stronger than MCU Thanos honestly

#34 Posted by JefferydeDucke (321 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is too strong by scaling, power stone makes it a mismatch

#35 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

stalemate.

#36 Posted by Subline (8412 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline: Hulk scaling plus power stone = GG

Superman is stronger than Hulk tho, and do we know how much the Power Stone amps Thanos?

#37 Edited by CCThor (1532 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc:

Yes.but Thanos has power gem boosts his strength here.

Avatar image for davidharewood14
#38 Posted by DavidHarewood14 (1508 posts) - - Show Bio

team

#39 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (9367 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#40 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5733 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes he's more powerful than the planet itself.

#41 Edited by CCThor (1532 posts) - - Show Bio

So now it's confirmed power stone can enhance someone's strength((Spoiler),would you change your thought after that?

#42 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccthor said:

So now it's confirmed power stone can enhance someone's strength((Spoiler),would your changed your thought after that?

where was this confirmed?!

#43 Posted by CCThor (1532 posts) - - Show Bio