User Lists: 0

Flagged

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'll delete my posts, ruining this thread.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The flags be flying. I personally don't see this as a match people should get worked up over. Thanos Stomped everyone besides Thor, but he has never faced someone who was this fast. I personally don't believe Superman can solo, but I'll still back the team

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@leonardsnart: That's not what flagging posts is for. There's a block button for a reason...

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist: okay, just never had to block or flag someone before, thanks for the clarification

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Click on them flag buttons. Life savers, truly.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC Team. He doesn't have enough gems to snap so he gets beaten down.

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazzer:

Are you seriously trying to lowball Superman by saying he couldn’t react to Batman’s grenade exploding with gas? The man literally just caught the thing at point blank range and you’re telling me that he can’t react to a 2 second beeping that even I could react to?? Dear lord, are you actually this stupid or do you just hate Superman? In the same movie he was completely unaffected by a a much, much bigger explosion than a grenade could produce OBVIOUSLY he didn’t do anything about the beeping grenade because he thought it’d explode, not leak Kryptonite gas (something he’s never seen).

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crunch5481: Two chances to react and he stood still. Was caught flat footed.

Btw, I love Superman.

He is amazing and an all time favorite. What I don't do is go crazy with fanboy exaggerations and over the top headcanon feats, when on screen events have shown otherwise.

In a situation like this topic, I firmly believe Thanos with 5 gems is too much for anyone.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman solos

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By Shinne

@chazzer: Superman just wasn't expecting it, simple... Anybody can be attacked if caught off guard. If you truly liked Superman, you wouldn't even try to nitpick this hard but it doesn't matter.

If you believe that Thanos could win then it's fine but please use other examples that make more sense if you want to lowball. You're not even trying to hide it at this point.

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By Chazzer

@lan_fan: I do love Supes. The only MCU characters I think he will have trouble with is Stormbreaker Thor and Thanos with at least 2 gems. Everybody else gets stomped or BFR.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DrBatmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish people would keep speed blitzing out of the equation when talking about the movies, the speed feats are a messy jumble in the marvel and dc movies. For instance, in the Steppenwolf fight scene, he's swinging at about 6 mph on average. A human boxer punches at 35 mph. Yeah superman could side step that punch, my 8 year old could too. The hulk, who's portrayed as a slow pugulist, jumps miles to punch sutur in the face in under 3 seconds. He moved faster than a bullet, meanwhile flash took 3 seconds to move at lightning speed across a 30 foot distance. They try to show that the flash is fast by replacing the human with a cgi white streak but that streak moves slower than a track athlete when in combat. That's ten feet per second, Usain Bolt runs at 30 feet per second. Dianna blocks pistol bullets that move at ~700 mph but can get tagged by a 6 mph punch? Meanwhile superman is flying over the African Savannah at a speed of about 240 mph when he's, in his words, pushing himself to see how far and fast he can go: much slower than batman can flail his arms to deflect projectiles. In the comics, the speeds are cut and dry. Either you can ignore the speed blitzing arguments or you can go by their comic equivalents but in order to telegraph combat in a movie, be it an martial arts film or a superhero film, the actors and effects move at a slower rate than is actually possible by a fit human in a slug fest, just so that your eyes can understand the action on film. At best you want to argue directors intent.

Thanos is much more powerful, faster and intelligent than anyone in either movie universe. He bends reality to his will with a thought, the snap of a finger is simply the easiest way to telegraph that he's performing the thought visually. That's the intent.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By Shinne

@drbatmonkey:

Thanos is much more powerful,

Probably, not sure if he could effectively use it.

faster

Not even close, but go on...

and intelligent

Hasn't really done anything that portrayed him as such. If anything he's to dumbest fighter I've ever seen, he used his IG very poorly.

than anyone in either movie universe. He bends reality to his will with a thought, the snap of a finger is simply the easiest way to telegraph that he's performing the thought visually. That's the intent.

Ehh, not really, Strange also had to use hand gestures to use time gem. He failed to activate it because Maw held his hands. That's just the gauntlet works in MCU from what it seems, plus, he can't do even it to multiple people at the same time.

People who bend reality with thoughts wouldn't have had any problem with Iron Man, Dr. Strange and friends. Clearly the writers do not intend it the way you think. Thanos had to have some flaws so the fight scenes and stories could be interesting (that's all they care about), but we can't just erase those flaws.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DrBatmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By DrBatmonkey

@lan_fan:

You actually believe that there is a handbook to the gauntlet that says you have to snap your finger to remove exactly half of the population of the universe? Is there a tag on the gauntlet warning you not to listen to any snazzy music lest your reduce the population of the universe to 1/256th it's size before you realize you were really digging that Buddy Rich track?

As for why he wasnt simply wiping away the good guys quicker on Titan, you must have come into the theater late. They establish in the very first scene that he holds back when fighting his opponents so he can have fun. It would be a pretty boring movie if he simply insta wiped everyone, hence that caveat at the beginning.

Don't worry, the DCEU will get their Thanos(Darkseid) and he'll be faster, smarter and stronger than all of the good guys too. That's how these movies work.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Thanos fights the same way he did in the movie, he dies.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan:

You actually believe that there is a handbook to the gauntlet that says you have to snap your finger to remove exactly half of the population of the universe? Is there a tag on the gauntlet warning you not to listen to any snazzy music lest your reduce the population of the universe to 1/256th it's size before you realize you were really digging that Buddy Rich track?

Don't worry, the DCEU will get their Thanos(Darkseid) and he'll be faster, smarter and stronger than all of the good guys too. That's how these movies work.

No, but you have to close your hand like Thanos did every single time he used the gauntlet. That's also why he snapped his finger.

I get that you get those impressions from Thanos, but featwise, he's not that.... Especially if we compare it to people from other verses. You can think that Thanos would win, it's totally fine, but this forum relies heavily on feats.

If you're trying to prove a point, use feats. But, it's okay, you seem new. Just try to have fun for now.

DrBatmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By DrBatmonkey

@lan_fan:

Didn't read my post entirely either. Being around longer doesn't make you more right, that's a pretty shitty on-your-backfoot argument. It shouldn't matter but this is a work computer, I'm not logging into my regular accounts for gmail, comic vine or anything else. I'm not new to the vine. The speed feats are completely irrevelant in the movies unless you believe a person who can block multiple 700+mph bullets(WW) in a row can be tagged by a 6mph punch(literally 1/7th the speed of a normal human) repeatedly from a distracted opponent(steppy). These speed feats are pointless and they are the only argument anyone has for beating thanos. There is so much jobbing going on in the dceu and mcu movies that unless you want to argue director intent in regards to speed, you are going to have a feat that is easily countered by something else that occurred on screen. Realistically, the MCU characters have a lot more power at their disposal and they lost, the dceu characters are gonna fare even worse. I can pretty much guarantee that they won't launch darkseid into the dceu with reality altering powers.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By Shinne

@drbatmonkey: Well, I was just trying to be civil lmao. This isn't even my main acc either. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt due to your god awful arguments. I wouldn't think you were actually new if you weren't that bad at debating.

Blitzing people is a thing, speed matters, and you're taking things out of context, end of story. Thanos is still not as powerful as you claimed just because you say so. Stop it with your impression things, nobody in this site cares.

I just realize that I'm probably just dealing with an alt troll, so I won't be answering your next reply if you're still interested in the discussion.

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazzer said:

@crunch5481: Two chances to react and he stood still. Was caught flat footed.

Btw, I love Superman.

He is amazing and an all time favorite. What I don't do is go crazy with fanboy exaggerations and over the top headcanon feats, when on screen events have shown otherwise.

In a situation like this topic, I firmly believe Thanos with 5 gems is too much for anyone.

What do you mean he had two chances to react?? I just told you why he didn't do anything about the grenade because if it were a regular grenade (which he thought it was) he would have been completely unaffected. He was caught off-guard by the kryptonite, not the grenade itself.

In this situation it depends on who strikes first. If Thanos is able to use the Gauntlet before anyone can hit him then he can win, but if he gets hit first then there's no way he'll win this as there are too many people here who can just keep pummeling him or remove the gauntlet entirely. And so that's what it comes down to and what I leave it at.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos gets brutalized so hard he gets a restraining order; assuming he survives.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By Supermanforever

@amonfire1776 said:

@supermanforever: I could say the same...but your entitled to your opnion.

yur opinions are wankfest on every thread. Which nobody gives a dam about. Uneless you start to debate with logic and feats, nobody will take you serious.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: Okay....I listed feats...you just feel DCEU characters are stronger than they really are...anyways can we get back to the main fight...ON TOPIC: Thanos still wins

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen said:

Thanos gets brutalized so hard he gets a restraining order; assuming he survives.

What about ₜₕₑ ₚ ₒ W ₑ ᵣ ₒF ₐ ₛ ₜ ₐ ᵣ?

CaptFalcon725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't quite determined if I agree with this outcome, but I find it hilarious.

Superman has superior speed and Wonder Woman has mystical weapons I supposed.

Doomsday matters, the Kryptonians matter, WW matters somewhat. Everyone else is oneshot. Thanos' thrashing of MCU Hulk is enough to tell me that.

If the Kryptonians have perfect teamwork and all speedblitz perhaps they win.

I'm sure we will use the MCU Iron Man making Thanos bleed to say Doomsday trounces him, but Iron Man pulled out all the stops and only got a superficial cut...probably due to cinematic purposes.

Sargeras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

50/50 or DCEU teams but not before Thanos kills off a decent portion of the team, the team doesn't make it out in one piece.

Dannynutdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t know why people instantly assume Thanos would just automatically snap his fingers as soon as the fight starts, that’s not part of his character. Sure he CAN just snap and it’ll all be over, but realistically that wouldn’t happen. The only way to prevent him from doing that would be that he doesn’t have all his stones, and the DCEU team has to stop him from getting to vision for example.

If Thanos doesn’t have all his stones the DCEU team reck him. There FAR too fast and strong for him to keep up with them, he freakin lost to the Avengers with a nearly complete gauntlet.

Team takes this 10/10 if he is without all the stones, but it would be in his favor 6/10 times if he had all the stones.

Abezethibou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins with Stones

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow poor thanos. Surely this is overkill

sportjames23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OP, why do you hate Thanos?

KyleBroflovski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol.

Every Kyrptonian solos.

Wonder Woman solos.

When Aquaman's movie comes out, he will also solo. Same with Flash.

Batman with prep could solo.

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos phases, blasts, reality warps, moon busts and wins, post JLA Supermans speed feats are the only problem but I don't think he can ko Thanos before he can react

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inb4 da lock.

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With stones he wins.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh wow...I wanna remove my eyes after reading some of the arguments in favour of Thanos..

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos needs to stop time on the spot evry other option he dies in 2-5 seconds

Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos drops the stones, doesn't use the sword, and still beats this team to death.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff
deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Superman solos.

No Caption Provided

Thanos can't perceive him or tank his hits.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao what?!

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers