MCU Thanos invades prime MCU Asgard

• 70 results
Turr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll MCU Thanos invades prime MCU Asgard (100 votes)

MCU Thanos wins 27%
MCU prime Asgard wins 63%
Too hard to tell 6%
Results 4%

Before Iron Man 1 movie happens, let's assume MCU Thanos hears rumors that Asgard has the infinity gauntlet (doesn't know that their gauntlet is a fake trophy) and he invades Asgard while it's still in it's prime. When Odin sees Thanos invading, he releases Hela from her prison, and promises to keep her free if she joins the fight in Asgard's favor, and Hela agrees to that. She has time to ressurect all of her zombie pets. Here is what both teams would look like by my rough calculations:

MCU Thanos team:

No Caption Provided

- Base Thanos (in his golden armor, no gauntlet) +Thanos's battle ship and it's crew

- Ronan (no power stone, just his universal weapon) + Ronan's battle ship and it's crew

- Gamora

- Nebula

- Corvus Glaive

- Cull Obsidian

- Ebony Maw

- Proxima Midnight

- The Other

- about 10 000 outsiders and the machines that accompanied them in Wakanda invasion

- about 10 000 chitauri and the leviathans + ships + mothership that accompanied them in New York invasion.

MCU Asgard team:

No Caption Provided

- Odin

- Frigga

- Loki (daggers)

- Thor (pre Thor 1, so with Mjolnir, and kinda reckless Thor)

- Hela

- Fenris

- The Warriors Three

- Heimdall

- Lady Sif

- The Destroyer

- Skurge

- about 10 000 Asgardian Zombies

- about 10 000 Asgardian Soldiers

- 100 Asgardian battle ships

- defensive turret-balista surrounding the palace

- The palace's shields

All in character. Can Thanos succeed, beat Asgard in it's prime and reach the fake gauntlet? We assume Asgard can not use bifrost as a weapon, as we did not see them do this when dark elves invaded, it doesn't seem to be their standard defensive mechanism. Who wins and why?

• 
ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting battle. This would be something to see. I feel like Asgard can take it by some margin, because they simply have more overpowered players in their team. Hela, Odin, Thor - even pre Ragnarok are still VERY powerful and Thanos team has... well Thanos... and nobody really on that tier but him. I guess argument can be made that Ronan or some of the Black Order can be considered heavy hitters too, but they lack feats or even statements by far.

As for the armies, I'd say Asgardians will do a pretty good job defending their home until their key players finish the boss fights and will help them overwhelm the battlefield. Both Hela and Thor can do crazy AOE damage with their abilities. They're practically army busters by themselves.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Army Of Asguard has taken on the dark elves who are a much larger threat than the Chitari and Outriders. A standard Asguardian Soldier is Much stronger than Captain America.

Odin or Hela would Stomp Base Thanos with Ease. Thor alone could take out a LARGE number of the foot solders and Leviathan on his own.

This IMO is a stomp in Asguards favor.

Shaladue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shaladue

There's a reason Thanos started his quest once Asgard was out of the playing field...

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos doesn't have feats to suggest he can resist Hela's blades. Neither does Ronan. Ebony Maw is a sorcerer but Odin or Frigga are probably much more proficient than him. The rest are more or less Fodder.

Hela can potentially Solo. Thanos is the weakest big bad I've ever seen. Even Apocalypse from the movie was much more powerful. He's literally just a skilled Hulk without the gems.

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ridiculous poll results. Thanos stomps this. THREE INVADING FORCES vs Asgard? How is Asgard supposed to win this? Dark elves who had ONE battleship and just a handful of small fighters were able to absolutely demolish entire city. What makes people think they can survive this??

This is the entire chitauri force that invaded new york and was a global threat to entire planet. On top of that there's a whole invading force of Ronan that was a global threat to Nova Core. And finally there's Thanos ship and his entire invading force of outsiders and his black order, that was a threat to not one, not two, but possibly hundreds of planets beforehand. And people say all these three forces together can't wreck not a planet but ONE CITY? That proved to be easily defeatable before both by Hela and by dark elves? Ridiculous. Thanos stomps and I see no way of Asgard defending for more then 10 minutes here.

Thanos doesn't have feats to suggest he can resist Hela's blades.

Thanos beat post Ragnarok Thor (offscreen maybe, but Thor admitted that). Post Ragnarok Thor from what we've seen was every bit as powerful as Hela. Maybe he couldn't defeat her permamently and needed Surtur to get the job done, but neither could Hela defeat him, and the fight was clearly going in Thor's favor none the less as he could bfr and KO Hela for quite a long time. If Thanos can beat Thor so easily he needs to go across the universe searching for a weapon that can help him win the fight, you should be pretty damn sure he can step on Hela like on a bug.

No Caption Provided

Neither does Ronan.

Ronan tanked Rockets "moon busting" canon hitting him right in the face without a scratch. His durability is very formidable. I don't think Ronan can beat Hela on his own, but he definitely is not going to be an easy opponent for her. It took a power stone blast to beat Ronan. Hela can never replicate that amount of power.

Ebony Maw is a sorcerer but Odin or Frigga are probably much more proficient than him.

HAHAHAHA xD ok dude... I hope you are just kidding right there. Maw beat Strange WITH THE TIME STONE and Wong at the same time as if they were amateurs. Frigga casted one or two illusion and that's all her magic feats for entire MCU, and Odin never did anything impressive with magic. If anything he proved to be quite a noob himself by letting Loki's spell bind him for several years. And Loki was also easily beat by Strange, who was easily beat by Maw. Maw is above any Asgardian magic user by a HUGE margin. I think he could comfortably take on any Asgardian, including Hela, who is basically powerless against a guy who can just turn her every blade on herself.

No Caption Provided

The rest are more or less Fodder.

Yeah sure they are fodder. Cull for example, who wrecked the Hulkbuster much easier then the Hulk. Cull would absolutely destroy pre ragnarok Thor, he would give him the Kurse treatement all over again. Or Glaive who one shot vision. You know what? I doubt you know what fodder even means.

Hela can potentially Solo. Thanos is the weakest big bad I've ever seen. Even Apocalypse from the movie was much more powerful. He's literally just a skilled Hulk without the gems.

He most definitely is not just a skilled Hulk if he can solo wreck post Ragnarok Thor, Loki, Hulk, Heimdall and possibly more characters that Hela completely failed to put down though she had Fenris and hundreds of Zombie soldiers to help her. Thanos is easily the most powerful villain in MCU outside of the entities like Celestials and Dormammu. But in honesty he doesn't even need to be here. Three invading armies that are capable of being a global threat is such overkill for Asgard that I can hardly find putting any of the named characters here reasonable.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 anthp2000  Moderator

Hela is litteraly the only problem. Thanos would still take Asgard.

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thoromdil: Chitauri never threatened the planet. A single nuke was enough to defeat their entire invading force so they were a threat to NYC and their cops maybe, but earth? Not even close. Ronan was never a threat to Xandar either, that's why he wanted Thanos's help. He was only a threat because he had infinity stone. Here he doesn't have it.

As for Thanos's army it wasn't even enough to overpower Wakanda, which is not nearly comparable to our planetary defenses, and I imagine aliens have even better defenses then Wakanda, especially Asgard who is watching over entire cosmos by itself.

My point is, you are really overrating invading capabilities of team Thanos. It's not a stomp in Thanos's favor, not even close. Though I agree it will be closer then I thought. I forgot feats of guys like Maw and Cull, I watched IW some time ago and only once.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol to people saying Thanos wins.

Prime Asgard has prime Odin, who defeated Prime Surtur.

And every Asgardian soldier is as powerful as Captain America and very skilled.

Basically Hela is powerful enough to take down an army of Captain Americas so the Outrider and Chitauri army could be taken down by Hela herself. Add the Asgardian army into the mix and Thanos' forces don't have a chance.

As for Thanos himself, I think Prime Odin could take him on. And since Gamora knows Thanos so well and yet attacked him with a knife I'd say Thanos doesn't have any great piercing durability.

Here too Hela could kill him.

The Black order is like a joke in this battle. Hela could take down every single one of them from a distance and she is physically stronger than all of them.

(Those who say Cull is stronger are wrong. Spidey could stop a full force attack by him easily. The only reason for why he broke that armor is because Banner didn't know how to fight in it)

In the Asgardian army you also have The Destroyer who is insanely powerful, Fenris who nobody in the army can harm, Frigga who is pretty skilled and is a better sorcerer than Loki, the Warriors and Sif who are better and strongest than average Asgardian soldier which means an upgrade of Captain America.

Maw is a good sorcerer but I think Loki could decieve him using illusions, get close and just stab him.

Basically, the army taken down by Hela and Asgard's forces.

Thanos taken down by Odin.

The black order taken down by Hela, Loki and Frigga.

The motherships and other giant monsters can be destroyed by Thor/Hela.

People like The Warriors three, Lady Sif, Skurge etc etc don't even have to be in the battle.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s not a coincidence thanos attacked nova after Odin died.

Odin, hela and Thor would stomp

Since Odin removes thanos from the equation the other 2 slaughter the fodder

Maw gets zapper by lightning and dies and I’m sure he can’t tk lightning

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11 socajunkie  Moderator

Hela solos Thanos and Asgard wins mid difficulty.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The entire reason why Thanos went looking for the stones at that point in the timeline was because Odin died (so he wouldnt have to deal with him). Odin solos.

easterlin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgardians have some nice weapon artifacts in store but Odin is too featless to take the win here. By feats Hela is the only threat.

Team Thanos takes the majority.

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicgirl21: Thanos has defeated and killed half of population on numerous planets before by his own statements. His invading force IS a planetary threat, especially combined with Chitauri and Kree radicals. There is no way Asgard defends against an invasion this massive. It utterly failed to defend against dark elves who were just a leftovers from their original army and had only one boss fighter - Kurse. If dark elves can beat Asgards defenses with nobody but Kurse for their big gun support Thanos with his massive invading force and entire team of heavy hitters will go through Asgard like through butter.

To all people saying Hela can solo - tell me one reason why Maw cant solo her and just throw her off the rainbow bridge into space.

And yeah, it might be good to repeat one more time ODIN IS FODDER. He has NO impressive feats and a ridiculous amount of counter feats. He goes Odin sleep after depowering Thor. He gets his eye shut for good by an ice spike. He fails to break Loki's spell for years. His feats are, if anything, TERRIBLE. There is no such feat as beating "Prime Surtur". Surtur without eternal flame was an easy kill for pre ragnarok Thor. Killing him is not impressive, especially off screen.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hela solos Thanos and Asgard wins mid difficulty.

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a stomp in asgards favour, odin and hela in their prime were dominating lots of civilisations, thanos chose not to invade because of this

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgard should triumph.

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Stalin-Is-Steel

Odin in his prime could solo based on his stated feats such as conquering the Nine Realms and defeating Eternal Flame Surtur. Hela's also unkillable unless Asgard is destroyed completely.

lol at Maw throwing her off Asgard. You do know how big it is, right? One Necrosword would be enough to kill him.

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgard rather easy imo.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime Odin + Hela? Sweet Christmas Thanos is gonna get rekt.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21 krisbishop  Moderator

Prime Odin could solo.

Either way Asgard wins easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b58f59f7ed30
deactivated-5b58f59f7ed30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos waited until after Ragnarok for a reason.

JanJuKBMa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JanJuKBMa

Asgard. Hela could probably solo at full power, meaning on Asgard, simply because she is almost impossible to take down.

I think a case can be made that Odin wouldn't even need to resurrect Hela. Thor looked like a beast in the beginning of Thor 1, I think it's quite safe to assume that he wasn't ever going all out between the fight in Jotunheim in Thor 1 and the final battle of Thor: Ragnarok, simply because he was much more humble and level-headed. Than we have Odin, at least his implied power is somewhat impressive, Heimdall and several skilled warriors, who together could be able to deal with Thanos' children, and there are powerful artifacts like the Eternal Flame and the Casket of Ancient winters. Oh and let's not forget the massive shield around the castle, that the dark elves only got past, because Kurse infiltrated said castle.

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch.

• Far superior army.
  • Fenris, Loki, Thor, Sif and the Warriors Three > Gamora, Nebula, Thanos and Black Order.

Asgard win even without Odin or Hela.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c
deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ship got new feats , plus glassed a planet offscreen

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0b495e7009f
deactivated-5d0b495e7009f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As Lhydra said

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

by scaling. Odin trashes pretty badly.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TonyStark6999

Heimdall, Portal!!

cromulor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos and his army take it with Hela as the biggest threat.

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It all comes down to Thanos vs Hela.

Thanos' feat of beating Thor, Cap and Tony all at once is more impressive than Hela's feat of beating Thor and Valkyrie so, he wins.

Everyone else is mostly, irrelevant, including Odin, who is featless, and Thor, who is so much weaker than Thanos that he is incapable of doing much of anything in this battle other than killing random fodder.

Also, Chitauri and Outriders are much better than regular Asgardian soldiers.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scipio123: Asgardians are above super soldiers they are much better than outriders and chitari. Unless formation is broken thus outriders swarm

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgard wins easily

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It all comes down to Thanos vs Hela.

Thanos' feat of beating Thor, Cap and Tony all at once is more impressive than Hela's feat of beating Thor and Valkyrie so, he wins.

Everyone else is mostly, irrelevant, including Odin, who is featless, and Thor, who is so much weaker than Thanos that he is incapable of doing much of anything in this battle other than killing random fodder.

Also, Chitauri and Outriders are much better than regular Asgardian soldiers.

Definitely not Cap would have a hard time with just one Asgardian.

Avatar image for newyorkjetsarecool
newyorkjetsarecool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos cause maw and Ronan are high tier too. Give Asgard Surtur and they win

Avatar image for consciouskeeper
Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos army stomps. do y'all forget how malekith basically destroyed asgard?

thanos army > malekith army

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Scipio123

@namebk: Not really. And Cap was about to be straight up murdered by a group of 3-4 Outriders in IW.

Besides, none of this changes the fact that Thanos>Hela, which is all that matters here, since they are by far and away the two most powerful combatants.

And I'd say that the Black Order could take down Thor if they worked together and utilized Maw's TK properly, allowing Glaive to deliver the killing blow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Namebk

@scipio123 said:

@namebk: Not really. And Cap was about to be straight up murdered by a group of 3-4 Outriders in IW.

Besides, none of this changes the fact that Thanos>Hela, which is all that matters here, since they are by far and away the two most powerful combatants.

And I'd say that the Black Order could take down Thor if they worked together and utilized Maw's TK properly, allowing Glaive to deliver the killing blow.

I disagree with this. Also in this battle Hela has Fenris so Thanos will be fighting 1v2. You can see her riding Fenris into battle when they showed the painting. If you watched AoS you would know that an Asgardian is superior to Cap. They were also shown taking down a Kurse in Thor the Dark World. Just because they got fodderized by Hela doesn't mean they are below outriders.

Matthew660

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Matthew660

The soldiers, Fenris, battleships, and warriors three take out thanos’s army. And Odin, hela, and Thor tag team stomp thanos. Any of the three could possibly solo.

Hela could just h2h stomp thanos

Odin could imprison thanos like he did with hela or use magic

Thor can just stay at a distance and repeatedly throw mjolnir at him at full speed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thoromdil:

I was going to answer but you summed it up perfectly in one post.

Thanos has the bigger armies with better air support and hundreds to thousands more troops.

Hela and Thor are the only threats here based on feats not hype and against Thanos the black order and Ronan they have no chance.

Doofasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asguard should win.

Odin by hype should logically solo so I'll exclude him.

Hela vs Thanos is a toss up IMO. Not sure Thanos can put her down for good though.

The army edge goes to Thanos. Asguardians are stronger then the Chitauri but the Leviathans have better feats then the Asguard's air ships. Thanos's ship also has better demonstrated firepower then Asguard's turrets.

Thor, The Destroyer and Fenris would beat the Blackorder, Ronan etc and then mop up the remains of Thanos's army.

So even without Odin, Hela should be able to stalemate Thanos, who eventually gets put down by the combination of Hela, Thor and the Destroyer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doofasa:

I forgot about the destroyer and Fenris tbh that does make it tougher.

Surely Thanos forces plus Ronans wipe out Asgard easily.

Based purely on showings it took every Hero in the MCU possible and all there armies to match Thanos and his alone and even then it took Tony with the IG to actually win the battle. The army in the OP are even bigger with more ships and two absolute giant mother ships.

Thor was stalemating Hela with Valks help, Thanos stomps Thor easily more than once.

By hype Odin could win it alone but if we are only using feats etc Hela and Thor are there biggest guns which isn’t nearly enough to contend with a Thanos, Cull, Maw and Ronan.

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thoromdil:

I was going to answer but you summed it up perfectly in one post.

Thanos has the bigger armies with better air support and hundreds to thousands more troops.

Hela and Thor are the only threats here based on feats not hype and against Thanos the black order and Ronan they have no chance.

ty, that was some time ago now!

I guess the poll results on this thread should shift now, since in Endgame Thanos's army even without Ronan's was capable of matching AND overpowering forces of the entire MCU combined, basically. I'm surprised some people are still voting Asgard after endgame. Base Thanos got so ridiculously amped in Endgame that Hela has no hopes of beating him. I mean Stormbreaker Thor was pimpsmacked around by base Thanos, fat or not. And I don't think anyone would argue Stormbreaker Thor would not kill Hela in a solo fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thoromdil: very welcome I don’t disagree.

Of course from my name I’m a Thanos fan but genuine bias aside in the MCU only Ego, EF Surtur and Dormammu are above base Thanos on average as the most powerful villain.

He’s the best tank in the whole mcu and has equal skill and power to boot and arguably the best armor and weapon (minus magic) his only real weakness is matching against Hax (Wanda bloodlusted / Strange / both glass cannons though)

Now throw in Ronan, Cull and Maw they have more than enough to contend with the other gods and monsters of Asgard and the combined army of Thanos and Ronan dwarf Asgard’s and then some not even including the city sized battleships.

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

would it count if thanos just glassed asgard and then unloaded his troops towards the palace shield? then again i can see hela just walking through the fire and emerging out spikes to hit the ship

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor could send mjolnir to fly through the ships at light speed. Heimdal Would have seen the ships coming from light years away, and could just send Thor to fly through them at high speeds.

OP says Asgard won't use the Bifrost as a weapon because they didn't do that to the Dark elves. But the Dark elves had special cloaking so that Heimdal couldn't see them. Thanos doesn't have that luxury. Heimdal will see him coming from far and have enough time to blast him and his forces.

Shouldn't the Valkyries also be part of prime Asgard. Since one Mook Valkyrie that we've seen can beat loki and slash through leviathans, tank explosions and beams from thanos ship, an army of them flying around isn't going to be easy to deal with.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos army loses for sure. He didn’t start his conquest until Odin (and Asgard in general) we’re out of the way. IIRC didn’t Asgard possess like two stones at any given time during the MCU?

el-kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgard wins , Thor , hela , destroyer and fenris should be enough , Odin easily kills thanos, Loki just freezes d black Oder with d casket and d armies