MCU Stormbreaker Vs DCEU Superman

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sky_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll MCU Stormbreaker Vs DCEU Superman (345 votes)

Split his head in half 68%
Tanks It 32%

i watch infinity war today and i was wondering can thor split superman head with stormbreaker given the fact superman will just stand there and let him that is also thor is bloodlust.

• 
theredhood44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow so we need feats for the infinity gauntlet? Give me blade resistance feats for superman

I'll wait

theyoungwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By theyoungwolf

@slade-prime said:
@frombeyond said:

In infinity war we see that both iron man and gamora can do physical damage to Thanos. No chance in hell they're doing that to supes without kryptonite.

Superman catches stormbreaker and one-shots Thor with it

LMFAOO this.

people are clearly lost in the hype lmao quote me on this: months from now people are gonna start coming around to Superman winning like they always do.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theredhood44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theyoungwolf: I thought people were exaggerating till I watched the movie

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

OP isn't giving us much options here

theyoungwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theyoungwolf: I thought people were exaggerating till I watched the movie

Lol the movie was awesome and Thanos was awesome but its clear Marvel made him job NUMEROUS times.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In infinity war we see that both iron man and gamora can do physical damage to Thanos. No chance in hell they're doing that to supes without kryptonite.

Superman catches stormbreaker and one-shots Thor with it

Gamora never did any damage whatsoever to Thanos. He was using the reality stone to make her see what she wanted to see, as evidenced by the scene "melting" and him walking up with no wound anywhere n him.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hammer breaks

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

"BRING ME KAL-EL"

theredhood44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theyoungwolf: sorta, I mean iron mans suit is definitely no push over by pushing something that seemed bigger then that building su was holding in JL into thanos that was 100% solid, plus that suit went through so much abuse, it was really badass....he was probably the second most amped character

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: Cap attacked Thanos with his vibranium blades, it did nothing.

I can't remember if they where blades or not. So I can't really comment on this.

theredhood44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: hey were blades, they were shields but when they released they sort of release into a blade

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theredhood44: Okay. That sounds kinda familiar. I need to rewatch it. I think I missed some things.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderprince:

I'm extremely sorry about some of my harsh comments earlier. Wasn't because I have something against you personally. Please don't mind.

However I'm a bit annoyed and I still am. You're still doing it. Reaching to somehow justify that Thanos is more durable than Superman which he isn't. First you brought your own headcannon about Bucky's bullets being Vibranium despite nothing as such being remotely indicated in the movie. You also keep clinging on to stuff that isn't really helping the debate to progress.

Your first comment again proves that you know nothing about how feats and debates work. That's annoying dude. Watch and learn.

Diana's sword was able to cut Doomsday. You know why it's impressive? Because Doomsday has tremendous durability feats. He shurgged off a nuke to the face. He shurgged off 30mm bullets and he completely shurgged off hits from Superman who's stronger than Thanos in any form.

Stormbreaker similarly was able to cut Thanos. It should be impressive. Let's see if it is. Does Thanos have any durability feats even remotely close to Doomsday? No. Thanos was cut by Tony Stark's swords for crying out loud. Thor being able to cut him is nothing impressive. In terms of Energy durability too Thanos isn't remotely close to Doomsday. He took hits from Stranage and Stark all of which are much much less powerful than a nuke to the face. Thanos also hasn't been hit by someone as strong as Superman yet.

So overall, Guys like Superman and Doomsday have much much more and better Durability feats than Thanos. Superman has never been cut without the presence of Kryptonite. Not even 30mm bullets were able to scratch him. Not even a nuke was able to burn him. So unless you can give me a solid reason why Stormbreaker could even scratch Superman, I have no reason to believe it could.

That robot in MoS didn't cut Superman. You can clearly see it. Only his shirt gets cut. Besides JL Superman >>>>>>>>> MoS Superman anyway. So this is not even a question. See its things like this that annoy me. You're trying to hard to somehow prove your point. It's okay to try hard but you're reaching in doing so. You're pulling out entirely baseless statements. That's not how debates work.

Again, you brought up Thanos no selling Strange's energy whip that cut a car. Really? Cutting a car is impressive when we're talking about Superman? Superman no sold beams from the World Engine that flatenned Skyscrapers. Superman wasn't burnt by a nuke. You bring up Strange's whip as a comparison? Thanos hasn't even got a fraction of the durabilty feats that Superman has. Thanos's durability is nothing, not impressive at all when compared to Superman. The power stone energy attack was so weak, everyone no sold it in Titan. Even Dr Strange with human durability. I've already given you other instances in previous posts showing how none of the energy attacks of Thanos were even remotely comparable to the stuff Superman has tanked. The white energy blast from The gauntlet in the end that Stormbreaker bypassed doesn't even have a single feat of harming even a fly. How is that impressive? How is that quantifiable. Stormbreaker being able to bypass it means nothing. And you brought up War Machine? Really? Superman has survived a nuke dude. Mind gem blasts are not even 0.01% of a nuke. See its stuff like these that annoys people and makes them look rude. You bring up pretty juvenile stuff to make your point.

I'm ready to debate you but not like this. Debate like a pro. Use logic and rational statements. Use calculations. Use proof. Don't bring up your headcanon. Don't bring up baseless statements. Don't ignore context. There's no place of these things in a civilized debate. I promise I won't be rude if you debate well. But if you still keep doing the same stuff, I'm sorry, I'll have to appear rude and ask you to stop. I don't have anything personal against you. Keep that in mind.

TerrigenPiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By TerrigenPiss

lol. “Weapon forged in a star” vs. “muh 30 mm bullets”

People never cease to amaze me.

TricksandToys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not exactly splitting his head in half but if Supes doesn't see it coming and if Thor throws it in the same way it was thrown in the movie, he is either getting killed or spending rest of his life in coma.

theredhood44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: you get a good look here

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theredhood44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: yea lol, and cap was slamming the blade part into thanos face over and over and it didn’t do anything

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: yea lol, and cap was slamming the blade part into thanos face over and over and it didn’t do anything

Yeah. I want to see the film again to see if we see clearly how sharp they are or if they cut into anything. But if they are than Thanos no selling those hits makes him really OP.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f72565291596
deactivated-5f72565291596

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Thanos was cut by Tony Stark's swords for crying out loud."

Feat for Tony, not Anti-feat for Thanos. Boi.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocoussybreaker said:

@petey_is_spidey: It's a NLF to say that Superman can tank it even if the blade has no edge. Stormbreaker cut through a "lazer beam" enhanced not by one single stone with feats of whipping out an entire planet, but six stones one with the power of universal level destruction. Superman has no feats above City level.

My god, "cutting through a laser beam" doesn't mean a damn thing, since it's not even a solid, it wouldn't be very difficult to cut through in the first place, granted that the object is durable enough to withstand the energy beam. Yes, Stormbreaker is obviously very, VERY durable, but the question isn't whether or not Superman could break Stormbreaker with his bare hands, or whether or not Superman could melt it with his heat vision; the question is whether or not Superman it can cut Superman, and frankly, it is a huge leap to say so, seeing as nothing (outside of it maybe being enhanced by magic) suggests it could.

Durability has nothing on cutting power, otherwise, if Stormbreaker didn't cut through the six power stone blast the axe would had been stop like the spear he stop from the Wakandians. Stormbreaker > Infinity Gauntlet > Superman.

Are you telling me that if Thanos destroys the planet with Superman in it he won't die because the lazer beam can't be compare to solid metal? I'll do you one better. Thor doesn't need the Stormbreaker axe he can choke Superman with his bare hands with his feat of been able to jump-start that giant space ship with pure strength.

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably could Gallagher him with Mjolnir, let alone Stormbreaker.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderprince:

Mind gem blasts are not even 0.01% of a nuke.

Assumes the Mind Gem was used alone. Lulz

No Caption Provided

This is the power of just one stone cutting power. Stormbreaker cut through all six of them, and if they couldn't stop it, Superman won't.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony Stark armor > Vibranium confirmed. How durable was Ultron with it?

theredhood44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu:

He kept slamming it into his chin and face and thanos stood there, his head bobbed up slightly with each hit but nothing happened, then thanos just punched him

theredhood44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocoussybreaker: he took thors lightning, iron mans beams and an infinity stone at the same time but it almost killed him......

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

The bone of an Kyrptonian being of similar nature who outclassed Supes on base levels, penetrated him after Supes was exposed to Kryptonite which is the only known way to bypass his invulnerability in the first place. So the bottom line here, Superman was only stabbed by a being of greater power, AFTER his one true weakness came into play. None of this changes anything as SB is not a kryptonite source.

well someone lower than these 2 bypass the kryptonian invulnerability that is diana. no kryptonite exposing DD, just diana and her sword and people claim its not a normal sword(even with its origin is not shown, im just also assuming), i believe so too and stormbreaker is no different.

as thor explained that not everyone can wield stormbreaker cause its not a normal weapon and it goes like this

quill: what kind of weapon are we talking about?

thor: The thanos killing kind

q: dont you think we should all have a weapon like that.

thor: no, you simply lack the strength to wield it, your body will crumble as your mind collapses in madness.

We actually do know the nature of Diana's sword and we know why it can harm Kryptonians. DCEU lore has it that Kryptonians rival the power of the gods and that they are often seen as gods themselves to mortals. So DC gods are either less than or equal to the Kryptonians. Diana was created by Zeus specifically to kill Ares (who himself killed the gods of his pantheon) so by default, she can kill god level beings such as Kryptonians. While she isn't exactly physically on their level, she's close enough in her combined attributes and weaponry to get the job done.

The Sword of Athena was forged by the gods and as such, is imbued by the gods with the very power to kill them, as were her braces which we've seen, can be utilized to kill gods and contend with their offensive power. Case in point: Ares. Seeing as to how Diana herself is a demigod imbued with the power to contend with gods, created with the purpose of killing gods, and furthermore, weapons imbued with same magic utilized to bypass their durability, so within the context of DCEU, she rightfully should be capable of bypassing Kryptonian durability with the specific weaponry designed for such. Her power comes directly from beings are at least equal to Supe's species. This is why the Sword of Athena can cut Kryptonians.

In the case of Thor's hammer not being an ordinary weapon or not being made under orthodox circumstances, well neither was Mijolnir. Stormbreaker was forged via a neutron star and was stated to be able to kill Thanos. Even if we grant it some extra esoteric properties, that would in no way indicate that it would be the equivalent of the DCEU utilization of magic because the difference in the nature of magic (as well as what magic actually is) is already established between the two franchises.

For instance, Thor himself said that what they call magic in Asgard and what mortals call science on the earth are in fact, one in the same. So it can be argued if Asgardians even use conventional magic at all since Thor made no distinction between the two. Now, if we look at Strange's magic, we see that this was magic that Thor himself nor Loki were accustomed to and viewed it as a foreign art. I would not consider the magic of Asgard and the magic of the Sorcerer Supreme to be synonymous especially when we look at how each has been utilized. So it can be debated if Thor's hammer is "magic" in the sense that it is enchanted with god killing power or if it is just created with properties that are advanced beyond the conventional.

While Thor himself made the two forces synonymous from his perspective, Diana in the DCEU made a distinction when she told Bruce that powerful magic and powerful technology in the wrong hands are equally dangerous and destructive. We have clarification that magic and advanced science are indeed two separate forces there. So I'm not sure we can really can't equate the magic in this particular case because there are too many outlying variables and one esoteric nature doesn't equate to another simply because they are both similar in origin.

Also, even if SB was indeed enchanted to kill Thanos, the issue is still that Thanos himself still has been shown to be pierced and staggered by far lesser means and beings than Thor and SB in the first place which is why comparing his durability to Supes who has better showings on panel, and then making Thanos the standard by which to scale wether or not Supes can tank a hit from SB because it was "meant to kill Thanos" doesn't work here and just leads to and endless loop of circular reasoning.

On top of this, Thanos himself admitted that his own daughter snuck aboard his own ship and nearly killed him and as far as I know, she didn't possess a weapon of SB caliber. So yeah, using Thanos as a basis for comparison when he is already inferior to the being in question is a problem for the accuracy rate here.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SickRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First, SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH, but I am a little loser from a spanish-speaking country, Argentina... I hope you understand what I have to say.

------

Oh come on, Thor won't split Superman's head, he will go all the way down and split him in half like absolutely nothing! He will just throw the Stormbreaker to the battlefield like he did when he arrived in Wakanda and kill off the entire Justice League and the rest of the DCEU to save us from their crappy, disgusting, shitty movies!

No Caption Provided

BTW, seriously people, comparing a stone capable of destroying planets with "30mm bullets" and Diana's Sword? Are you really THAT desesperated? And that's only one stone, lol

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark gets pierced by Doomsday but totes can resist a blade Forged from a Star?

Lmao

UseYourName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By UseYourName

@cocoussybreaker said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@cocoussybreaker said:

@petey_is_spidey: It's a NLF to say that Superman can tank it even if the blade has no edge. Stormbreaker cut through a "lazer beam" enhanced not by one single stone with feats of whipping out an entire planet, but six stones one with the power of universal level destruction. Superman has no feats above City level.

My god, "cutting through a laser beam" doesn't mean a damn thing, since it's not even a solid, it wouldn't be very difficult to cut through in the first place, granted that the object is durable enough to withstand the energy beam. Yes, Stormbreaker is obviously very, VERY durable, but the question isn't whether or not Superman could break Stormbreaker with his bare hands, or whether or not Superman could melt it with his heat vision; the question is whether or not Superman it can cut Superman, and frankly, it is a huge leap to say so, seeing as nothing (outside of it maybe being enhanced by magic) suggests it could.

Durability has nothing on cutting power, otherwise, if Stormbreaker didn't cut through the six power stone blast the axe would had been stop like the spear he stop from the Wakandians. Stormbreaker > Infinity Gauntlet > Superman.

Are you telling me that if Thanos destroys the planet with Superman in it he won't die because the lazer beam can't be compare to solid metal? I'll do you one better. Thor doesn't need the Stormbreaker axe he can choke Superman with his bare hands with his feat of been able to jump-start that giant space ship with pure strength.

An energy blast from a complete IG does not, in any way, equate to it being a beam composed of the sum total power of the gems. Can you prove to me that the beam was even intended to destroy the planet? Using your logic, everyone hit with the energy from that power gem in the forest should have been instantly evaporated but they tanked it. Implying that the blast from the IG that SB tanked was meant to destroy either the planet or the universe is ridiculous because as you showed in your gif, the power gem alone would be enough to wipe out the planet...so it would have been idiotic of Thanos to wait for an entire film, to do what he could have done with one gem. Not to mention that wiping out the entire planet was never his intentions. The full power of the IG was shown when Thanos snapped his fingers and half the population dematerialized. To equate that feat and scale of power with a single blast and attempt to say both were full power, is dishonesty.

And no, Superman would literally snap Thor's neck with his feat of snapping a neck.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forget about piercing Thanos, that alone would be enough to split his head open, overpowering a full power blast from the 6 infinity stones is better than anything in the DCEU.

UseYourName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daaang yall. I just did some research.

Thanos with IG > MCU but...

SB tanked IG blast that could wipe out the universe so Thor with SB > Thanos who is > MCU

But Thanos tanked SB to the chest so he is > SB.

But IM made Thanos bleed with bare punches so IM > Thanos and Thor with SB.

But SK staggered Thanos with face strikes so SK = Thanos.

Spidey staggered Thanos too so Spidey = SK = Thanos.

Dang guys, its official. Everyone in Marvel in a universe buster. DCEU is done.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By titing2101

@rijehu said:
@titing2101 said:
@rijehu said:

The bone of an Kyrptonian being of similar nature who outclassed Supes on base levels, penetrated him after Supes was exposed to Kryptonite which is the only known way to bypass his invulnerability in the first place. So the bottom line here, Superman was only stabbed by a being of greater power, AFTER his one true weakness came into play. None of this changes anything as SB is not a kryptonite source.

well someone lower than these 2 bypass the kryptonian invulnerability that is diana. no kryptonite exposing DD, just diana and her sword and people claim its not a normal sword(even with its origin is not shown, im just also assuming), i believe so too and stormbreaker is no different.

as thor explained that not everyone can wield stormbreaker cause its not a normal weapon and it goes like this

quill: what kind of weapon are we talking about?

thor: The thanos killing kind

q: dont you think we should all have a weapon like that.

thor: no, you simply lack the strength to wield it, your body will crumble as your mind collapses in madness.

We actually do know the nature of Diana's sword and we know why it can harm Kryptonians. DCEU lore has it that Kryptonians rival the power of the gods and that they are often seen as gods themselves to mortals. So DC gods are either less than or equal to the Kryptonians. Diana was created by Zeus specifically to kill Ares (who himself killed the gods of his pantheon) so by default, she can kill god level beings such as Kryptonians. While she isn't exactly physically on their level, she's close enough in her combined attributes and weaponry to get the job done.

The Sword of Athena was forged by the gods and as such, is imbued by the gods with the very power to kill them, as were her braces which we've seen, can be utilized to kill gods and contend with their offensive power. Case in point: Ares. Seeing as to how Diana herself is a demigod imbued with the power to contend with gods, created with the purpose of killing gods, and furthermore, weapons imbued with same magic utilized to bypass their durability, so within the context of DCEU, she rightfully should be capable of bypassing Kryptonian durability with the specific weaponry designed for such. Her power comes directly from beings are at least equal to Supe's species. This is why the Sword of Athena can cut Kryptonians.

In the case of Thor's hammer not being an ordinary weapon or not being made under orthodox circumstances, well neither was Mijolnir. Stormbreaker was forged via a neutron star and was stated to be able to kill Thanos. Even if we grant it some extra esoteric properties, that would in no way indicate that it would be the equivalent of the DCEU utilization of magic because the difference in the nature of magic (as well as what magic actually is) is already established between the two franchises.

For instance, Thor himself said that what they call magic in Asgard and what mortals call science on the earth are in fact, one in the same. So it can be argued if Asgardians even use conventional magic at all since Thor made no distinction between the two. Now, if we look at Strange's magic, we see that this was magic that Thor himself nor Loki were accustomed to and viewed it as a foreign art. I would not consider the magic of Asgard and the magic of the Sorcerer Supreme to be synonymous especially when we look at how each has been utilized. So it can be debated if Thor's hammer is "magic" in the sense that it is enchanted with god killing power or if it is just created with properties that are advanced beyond the conventional.

While Thor himself made the two forces synonymous from his perspective, Diana in the DCEU made a distinction when she told Bruce that powerful magic and powerful technology in the wrong hands are equally dangerous and destructive. We have clarification that magic and advanced science are indeed two separate forces there. So I'm not sure we can really can't equate the magic in this particular case because there are too many outlying variables and one esoteric nature doesn't equate to another simply because they are both similar in origin.

Also, even if SB was indeed enchanted to kill Thanos, the issue is still that Thanos himself still has been shown to be pierced and staggered by far lesser means and beings than Thor and SB in the first place which is why comparing his durability to Supes who has better showings on panel, and then making Thanos the standard by which to scale wether or not Supes can tank a hit from SB because it was "meant to kill Thanos" doesn't work here and just leads to and endless loop of circular reasoning.

On top of this, Thanos himself admitted that his own daughter snuck aboard his own ship and nearly killed him and as far as I know, she didn't possess a weapon of SB caliber. So yeah, using Thanos as a basis for comparison when he is already inferior to the being in question is a problem for the accuracy rate here.

1. where is that lore from? there is no point in assuming that Kryptonians are like gods, and that god killing weapons will work specially for them and conveniently against them which in this case is diana. There is a difference with gods and god level beings.

2. is there a specific tie - in for that origin?

I agree that magic in the mcu is quite hard to distinguish but since doctor strange , ragnarok and IW, this change, also the "term" god since ragnarok has been different, you are not a god just because you use advance science and this was shown on the god of hammers scene with odin. Heimdall used a "dark magic" to send hulk back to earth after getting beaten by thanos.

Stormbreaker was not enchanted to kill thanos its just that powerful.

on the case of thanos' daughter ,nebula. on the fight on titan if she can kill thanos she could have, thanos just no sold her weapon on the face.

There is also one thing that is very durable with thanos, his necklace, for all the fights he wen through with the heroes , it can be seen that it was never damage all throughout, until SB pierced it.

just want to ask you this

30mm > SB?

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Amcu

@amcu:

He kept slamming it into his chin and face and thanos stood there, his head bobbed up slightly with each hit but nothing happened, then thanos just punched him

Yeah I remember that. Cap tried but there was nothing he could do.

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SB tanked IG blast that could wipe out the universe so Thor with SB > Thanos who is > MCU

This Post Is So On Point For Real

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman gets split in half.

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By omriamar

On Topic:

the best way to break this down is to ask did stormbreaker ever sliced anything on superman durability??

Well No.

Thanos durability is a huge question mark as gamora was able to cut him with her knife giving the fact she wouldn't had tried the first place if she knew it wouldn't work make me believe that would had happen if thanos had not used the reality gem.

and iron man cutting thanos on the face wasn't that helpful either.

as for the full gems blast on thor its not a quantifiable feat as the likes of iron man and dr strange where able to block some of the gems power and without anything on a big scale to really suggest superman can't do the same.

also wanda destroying a gem on her oun only tributed to the gems underwhelming power

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's hurt, but he's not dead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@useyourname said:
@cocoussybreaker said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@cocoussybreaker said:

An energy blast from a complete IG does not, in any way, equate to it being a beam composed of the sum total power of the gems. Can you prove to me that the beam was even intended to destroy the planet? Using your logic, everyone hit with the energy from that power gem in the forest should have been instantly evaporated but they tanked it. Implying that the blast from the IG that SB tanked was meant to destroy either the planet or the universe is ridiculous because as you showed in your gif, the power gem alone would be enough to wipe out the planet...so it would have been idiotic of Thanos to wait for an entire film, to do what he could have done with one gem. Not to mention that wiping out the entire planet was never his intentions. The full power of the IG was shown when Thanos snapped his fingers and half the population dematerialized. To equate that feat and scale of power with a single blast and attempt to say both were full power, is dishonesty.

And no, Superman would literally snap Thor's neck with his feat of snapping a neck.

Your assuming Thanos would use the same force of power he used on weaker characters againts stronger characters. So Zod has better durability than Thor now? Lmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omriamar said:
@useyourname said:

Tony made Thanos bleed over time which is not a feat. Otherwise, MCU Ghost Rider is as strong as the Hulk for escaping a cage design to hold the Hulk after multiple punches. Also Thanos was not really fighting back against him.

Spiderman didn't even hurt Thanos. Wonder Woman punched Superman a lot and that doesn't make her as strong as him. Smh.

No.

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omriamar said:
@useyourname said:

Tony made Thanos bleed over time which is not a feat. Otherwise, MCU Ghost Rider is as strong as the Hulk for escaping a cage design to hold the Hulk after multiple punches. Also Thanos was not really fighting back against him.

Spiderman didn't even hurt Thanos. Wonder Woman punched Superman a lot and that doesn't make her as strong as him. Smh.

No.

don't try to give lame excuse just call it what it is and that is low showing nothing more

also what's your excuse for stormbreaker outgunning the full IG??

or simply you think stormbreaker is a universal level weapon??

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormbreaker hasn't cut anyone as durable as Clark, yet these MCU fans continue on to say Stormbreaker can pierce Clark. That is what you call wank.

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First of all Kryptonians are not God level beings, they are far above God level being. Talking about Old God's btw. We don't know anything about New God's yet. Only thing we know is that they exist.

Also it is vaguely stated that Mother Box pointing the way which planet to conquer.

So Mother Box said "Lets go Earth" while there still was an Old God Pantheon all at their "probably" prime. She knew Green Lantern's are at play defending planets yet she still said let's go.

Steppenwolf failed because literally all earth's armies united against him with Old Gods and a Lantern and still they couldn't even defeat him properly.

Mother Box activated when Kryptonian ship first arrived but didn't call Steppenwolf yet because Mother knows that he is no match for Kryptonians. She waited until they are all gone then called Steppenwolf to earth.

Kryptonians "probably" > New Gods > Steppenwolf > Old Gods

Thanos is somewhere between New Gods to Old Golds.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman:

I'm extremely sorry about some of my harsh comments earlier. Wasn't because I have something against you personally. Please don't mind.

Its cool. I didn't take anything personally.

However I'm a bit annoyed and I still am. You're still doing it. Reaching to somehow justify that Thanos is more durable than Superman which he isn't. First you brought your own headcannon about Bucky's bullets being Vibranium despite nothing as such being remotely indicated in the movie. You also keep clinging on to stuff that isn't really helping the debate to progress.

Your first comment again proves that you know nothing about how feats and debates work. That's annoying dude. Watch and learn.

I'll agree that while logically Bucky's bullets should be vibranium there is no proof at the moment. What else am I clinging to?

Diana's sword was able to cut Doomsday. You know why it's impressive? Because Doomsday has tremendous durability feats. He shurgged off a nuke to the face. He shurgged off 30mm bullets and he completely shurgged off hits from Superman who's stronger than Thanos in any form.

Stormbreaker similarly was able to cut Thanos. It should be impressive. Let's see if it is. Does Thanos have any durability feats even remotely close to Doomsday? No. Thanos was cut by Tony Stark's swords for crying out loud. Thor being able to cut him is nothing impressive. In terms of Energy durability too Thanos isn't remotely close to Doomsday. He took hits from Stranage and Stark all of which are much much less powerful than a nuke to the face. Thanos also hasn't been hit by someone as strong as Superman yet.

So overall, Guys like Superman and Doomsday have much much more and better Durability feats than Thanos. Superman has never been cut without the presence of Kryptonite. Not even 30mm bullets were able to scratch him. Not even a nuke was able to burn him. So unless you can give me a solid reason why Stormbreaker could even scratch Superman, I have no reason to believe it could.

I was under the impression that you thought blunt force durability and piercing durability were two different things. That said Thanos shrugged off Iron-man smashing a building into him, hits from Star lord, Iron Spider-man, Drax, Nebula smashing a ship into him at supersonic speeds, hits from Hulk, hits from Doctor Strange, and a lightning strike from Thor. Thanos also no-sold bullets, and cutting part of Cap's vibranium shield. Vibranium actually has feats of cutting through everything it has encountered and it still couldn't cut through Thanos. The only things that cut Thanos were Stormbreaker and Iron-man's blades made a minuscule scratch. Iron-man's blades have no other feats besides cutting making an incredibly small cut on Thanos despite multiple attempts. Thor's lightning post Ragnarok was able to one-shot the Rainbow bridge which took multiple strikes from 10+ strikes from Mjolnir to brake previously. And Thanos shrugged it off. Stormbreaker also cut through a beam from the completed IG, The mind stone alone is able to one-shot Warmachine and the power gem decimated a planet. Also Superman isn't as durable as DD, so using DD's feats as Clark's is not a good argument.

That robot in MoS didn't cut Superman. You can clearly see it. Only his shirt gets cut. Besides JL Superman >>>>>>>>> MoS Superman anyway. So this is not even a question. See its things like this that annoy me. You're trying to hard to somehow prove your point. It's okay to try hard but you're reaching in doing so. You're pulling out entirely baseless statements. That's not how debates work.

No, I don't see it since the scene never cut to Clark's arm to show the damage it did. But Clark was clearly in pain after the attack and his shirt was cut leading me to believe it was a piercing attack. JL Superman has not shown any durability feats above his MOS counterpart.

Again, you brought up Thanos no selling Strange's energy whip that cut a car. Really? Cutting a car is impressive when we're talking about Superman? Superman no sold beams from the World Engine that flatenned Skyscrapers. Superman wasn't burnt by a nuke. You bring up Strange's whip as a comparison? Thanos hasn't even got a fraction of the durabilty feats that Superman has. Thanos's durability is nothing, not impressive at all when compared to Superman. The power stone energy attack was so weak, everyone no sold it in Titan. Even Dr Strange with human durability. I've already given you other instances in previous posts showing how none of the energy attacks of Thanos were even remotely comparable to the stuff Superman has tanked. The white energy blast from The gauntlet in the end that Stormbreaker bypassed doesn't even have a single feat of harming even a fly. How is that impressive? How is that quantifiable. Stormbreaker being able to bypass it means nothing. And you brought up War Machine? Really? Superman has survived a nuke dude. Mind gem blasts are not even 0.01% of a nuke. See its stuff like these that annoys people and makes them look rude. You bring up pretty juvenile stuff to make your point.

I brought up Doctor Strange's energy whip because you said that Thanos was cut by every piercing attack in the movie. But I agree that compared to Superman it isn't that impressive, I only brought it up to prove that Thanos does has piercing durability feats in the movie. The World Engine feat has been dubunked countless times, the beam only increased the gravity and thereby increasing the weight of the skyscrapers. The skyscrapers were not made to handle such weight and merely crumbled under their own weight. Superman merely resisted his own weight multiplied by an unknown number. Superman was a zombie after he was hit by the nuke, he didn't tank it. And DD was literally absorbing the energy that the nuke gave off, meaning that Superman didn't even get hit by the full force of the nuke. I never saw anyone tank the power gem beam but it is possible that I am wrong, Also Thanos did seem to be holding back when fighting the on Titan since he didn't want to kill everyone needlessly. The energy beam that Strombreaker cut through was had the colors of all the infinity stones, implying that the beam was the combined power of the all the stones. The Power gem alone is capable of obliterating a ship that no-sold a black hole, razing the surface of a moon, and destroying an entire planet. The Aether was capable of transforming the entire Universe including multiple stars and the Mind stone one-shotted Warmachine. At the very least the beam has the combined power of these three gems and Stormbreaker cut straight through it. By the way, a nuke is incapable of coming even remotely close to any of the power gem's feats.

BillyBickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By BillyBickle

It splits his head. He couldn't even survive the impalement from that weakling doomsday.

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By omriamar

@billybickle: you dont think the fact he was holding a kryptonite spear at the time weakened him??

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderprince: Great comment, completely agree.

Would just like to add that IM has tanked a blast from the PG which did destroy his armor.