VS

No Caption Provided

imagein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If Matt has his suit, he wins due to added durability to dampen blows so he can counter attacks easier. His senses are a plus too, but they won't tilt the fight in his favor alone. If not, the Steel Serpent (who was said to be Iron Fist's equal skill wise without chi) wins.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

up

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bflynn316

Davos was tearing through Hand ninjas like they were fodder. Matt doesn't even take on regular gangsters and bikers that easily. Davos should stomp here due to better skill and better physicals, despite Matt's suit.

imagein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: you know what...you're right. Even with the added durability of the suit, Davos is still too skilled.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Matt is kinda out of his league

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By renamed040924

That's Davos?

Wow lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Matt should win this.

Davos is more skilled, but Matt has a huge durability advantage with his suit.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Davos

Komboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Davos fairly easily

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if Davos wins I doubt it would be as easily as people are saying here.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if Davos wins I doubt it would be as easily as people are saying here.

Why do you think so?

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HeroUp2112

Davos wins, but like Dstreet said. I don't think it would be as easy as people are saying.

Danny would win too, obviously, but it would be no cake walk. Matt can just take too much punishment.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DSTREET45

@angeljax: Based on what I read so far people are giving it to Davos because he fought the Hand pretty easily while Matt had more trouble against lower level fodder. However by the end of the season Matt was also clearing through Hand ninjas with ease and, for the most part, went toe to toe with Nobu despite being shot in the shoulder earlier (though I'm sure the suit reduced the impact.

Davos was also mid-diffed by Danny (TBF I think his mindset may have affected his fighting) and had a harder time against Bakuto's guards than he did so I wouldn't put him around Danny's level. And if I'm being honest I don't think Danny (at normal levels) is far ahead of Matt.

Add Matt's pain tolerance, and striking power (sent full grown men flying, broke a 2x4 in half before it could hit him) and I think an argument could be made for Matt with or without his suit.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Davos did nothing to indicate he could take Matt easily.

Matt had trouble taking on multiple Hand ninjas at once because their stealth techniques countered his senses. By the end of the season, he was clearing through them no problem

By statements, Davos is pretty close to Danny, but by feats, he's definitively inferior to Danny.

In theory, Davos has the potential to win, but Matt has the actual showings to win (and there's been no implication that Davos should be significantly above Matt either)

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt, but barely.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil slaugtherhouse

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also think people need to keep in mind Matt was fighting a different Hand faction than Danny/Davos were, and a clearly superior one at that. The Hand Ninjas Matt fought seemed substantially better than the ones Bakuto was in charge of (especially since the ones being fodderized were only recruits).

I think they might be close in skill, but Matt's suit certainly gives him the win.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also think people need to keep in mind Matt was fighting a different Hand faction than Danny/Davos were, and a clearly superior one at that. The Hand Ninjas Matt fought seemed substantially better than the ones Bakuto was in charge of (especially since the ones being fodderized were only recruits).

I think they might be close in skill, but Matt's suit certainly gives him the win.

Is this conjecture or is this stated in the show explicitly?

Number1Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Davos, but he's not stomping Matt or anything.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on people, there's no sound reason to say that Davos stomps Matt, heck there's barely any reason to say he beats Matt

@firestormfate1919 said:

Is this conjecture or is this stated in the show explicitly?

Never stated explicitly, but the ninjas Matt fought were resurrected ones. At the compound Danny and Davos were fighting some guards but also some students

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Davos probably without much effort.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What did he ever do to say he can take Matt without much effort?

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1:

Never stated explicitly, but the ninjas Matt fought were resurrected ones. At the compound Danny and Davos were fighting some guards but also some students

I don't remember this being stated either, but I might be forgetting. Quote or confirmation?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1:

I don't remember this being stated either, but I might be forgetting. Quote or confirmation?

Umm I remember when they were doing the autopsy on one of the Hand ninjas, they talked about how an autopsy had already been done or something along those lines, I can try to find which episode that was

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hated how the Hand was portrayed in Iron Fist. The people that they were fighting weren't the Hand ninjas that DD was fighting, they just seemed like kids off the street.

Comickidd77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Comickidd77

@arcus1: I just thought it was simply implied that these were lesser hand ninjas seeing as how half of them were recruited kids that were used for inflitertration not combat. The hand under bakuto for the most part were brainwashed didn't seem to know what they stood for. Heck look at Coleen she thought the hand was good. The hand in daredevil clearly knew what they were about and knew exactly what they were doing and why

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hated how the Hand was portrayed in Iron Fist. The people that they were fighting weren't the Hand ninjas that DD was fighting, they just seemed like kids off the street.

There was a mix, there were guards and such who would've been, in theory, full hand soldiers. But logically, they've gotta get new people from somewhere

@arcus1: I just thought it was simply implied that these were lesser hand ninjas seeing as how half of them were recruited kids that were used for inflitertration not combat. The hand under bakuto for the most part were brainwashed didn't seem to know what they stood for. Heck look at Coleen she thought the hand was good. The hand in daredevil clearly knew what they were about and knew exactly what they were doing and why

They were definitely different factions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

100% agree.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt would win everytime, in some good fights.

But Davos would make him work for it everytime as well.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:
@highaccuser said:

Fighting the Hand at the compound is a much better fodder feat than anyone managed in Daredevil except maybe all the Hand on the rooftop but everything got weird by that fight.

I misremembered how good Davos was compared to Danny when I posted that and Danny did pretty easily when he tried. Maybe not a stomp but Davos is still superior.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:
@highaccuser said:

Fighting the Hand at the compound is a much better fodder feat than anyone managed in Daredevil except maybe all the Hand on the rooftop but everything got weird by that fight.

I misremembered how good Davos was compared to Danny when I posted that and Danny did pretty easily when he tried. Maybe not a stomp but Davos is still superior.

Matt could clear though Hand just fine, and he's got way better physicals than anything Davos has demonstrated, plus feats of actually beating notable opponents like Nobu. Davos is good, but he's no Danny, as their fight made pretty clear

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rogueshadow  Moderator
@arcus1 said:
@comickidd77 said:

I actually think it's possible, if not likely, that some of the students were being trained to become Hand Ninja we saw in DDS1, like the teenager Matt fought in his apartment. They would be different factions, but working under the same banner. Especially talented students like Colleen (and maybe Darryl)would be put in positions of more authority rather than used as foot-soldiers.

How Gao factors in considering that Nobu seemed unaware that she was a rogue element of the Hand, I really don't know. All I can think is that he was either completely unaware of Gao being an enemy of the Hand or he was complicit in her proceedings and it was some sort of trick to throw Kingpin off-target (he thought he was taking out the Hand by killing Nobu when Gao was really in charge?). Which would debunk the initial theory concerning the students.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:
@comickidd77 said:

I actually think it's possible, if not likely, that some of the students were being trained to become Hand Ninja we saw in DDS1, like the teenager Matt fought in his apartment. They would be different factions, but working under the same banner. Especially talented students like Colleen (and maybe Darryl)would be put in positions of more authority rather than used as foot-soldiers.

How Gao factors in considering that Nobu seemed unaware that she was a rogue element of the Hand, I really don't know. All I can think is that he was either completely unaware of Gao being an enemy of the Hand or he was complicit in her proceedings and it was some sort of trick to throw Kingpin off-target (he thought he was taking out the Hand by killing Nobu when Gao was really in charge?). Which would debunk the initial theory concerning the students.

Some of them certainly could've been being groomed for positions like that

To be fair, we don't know for sure if Gao was a rogue element or if Bakuto was actually a rogue element. Honestly, I'd be more inclined to think Bakuto had gone more off course than Gao, considering Gao's affiliation with Nobu and the Black Sky, but hard to tell

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rogueshadow  Moderator

@arcus1 said:
@rogueshadow said:
@arcus1 said:
@comickidd77 said:

To be fair, we don't know for sure if Gao was a rogue element or if Bakuto was actually a rogue element. Honestly, I'd be more inclined to think Bakuto had gone more off course than Gao, considering Gao's affiliation with Nobu and the Black Sky, but hard to tell

Given that Gao is almost definitely the Crane Mother, which has pretty much a certainty in my mind for ages and was further cemented by Iron Fist and her now established connection with Davos, I'm convinced that she is the rogue element, not Bakuto. I think she genuinely isn't with the Hand.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:
@rogueshadow said:
@arcus1 said:
@comickidd77 said:

Given that Gao is almost definitely the Crane Mother, which has pretty much a certainty in my mind for ages and was further cemented by Iron Fist and her now established connection with Davos, I'm convinced that she is the rogue element, not Bakuto. I think she genuinely isn't with the Hand.

I'm not all that familiar with Iron Fist lore, so you could be right

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ninja Hands in Daredevil were a strike force, so they are probably better than the people that appeared in Iron fist. Not only on that but It was said that they have been resurrected, so while they look like really young they could be much older, like what happened with Harold Meachum that he stopped aging once the treament was done to him, so this means that they are probably far more experienced than the students in Iron Fist.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A major plot point in DD was how the Hand recruits child soldiers young and brainwashes them into loyalty for life. In Iron Fist we merely saw that process first hand.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rogueshadow  Moderator

The ninja Hands in Daredevil were a strike force, so they are probably better than the people that appeared in Iron fist. Not only on that but It was said that they have been resurrected, so while they look like really young they could be much older, like what happened with Harold Meachum that he stopped aging once the treament was done to him, so this means that they are probably far more experienced than the students in Iron Fist.

I definitely don't think that every Hand foot-soldier goes through the same process as Nobu and Harold. They'd been resurrected, but I think that was it. Bakuto said the gift given to Meachum is one they give to very few.

Comickidd77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I never got the whole gao is a rogue hand faction. I always thought bakuto said that to gain ironist trust and to make him and his hand faction seem good when in reality that wasn't true. also Colleen brings it up as well about the rogue faction part, but she had been lied to and believed bakuto at face value on everything. Also didn't bakuto say something after ironist found out bakuto was full of it along the lines of "she's won't work with us, but she is to smart to go against us" or something like that.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Oh true, yeah I remember that scene. But do you think that applies to ALL of the Hand ninjas DD was fighting? I guess it could, but idk.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: I never got the whole gao is a rogue hand faction. I always thought bakuto said that to gain ironist trust and to make him and his hand faction seem good when in reality that wasn't true. also Colleen brings it up as well about the rogue faction part, but she had been lied to and believed bakuto at face value on everything. Also didn't bakuto say something after ironist found out bakuto was full of it along the lines of "she's won't work with us, but she is to smart to go against us" or something like that.

If Gao isn't a rogue faction then I don't see why Bakuto would have apprehended her and tried to absorb her Rand accounts/assets into his South American enterprise.

Avatar image for lord_adamantium
Lord_Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil wins. This guy was not impressive at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DD. More skilled, better physicals, and gear.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Arcus1

@nfactor1995: I mean I guess we can't know for sure, but as far as I know the one they examined was just a random ninja, no one special

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

I definitely don't think that every Hand foot-soldier goes through the same process as Nobu and Harold. They'd been resurrected, but I think that was it. Bakuto said the gift given to Meachum is one they give to very few.

Maybe they are not as resilient both Nobu or Meachum (that can revive from many thing) but It could mean that they stopped aging and maybe it's an indication on how elite they are supposed to be, since not many people in the Hand have that ability. We will learn more about this on Defenders but I speculate something like that.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AlphaQ

Matt wins.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers