MCU Shang-Chi vs. MCU Black Panther (Multiple Rounds)

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rebake

Round 1: T'Challa is depowered but has a spear and shield (like he had when he dueled Killmonger). Shang-Chi is unarmed and has not met his aunt yet.

Round 2: Shang-Chi doesn't have the ten rings. T'Challa has his Civil War suit and herb powers.

Round 3: Shang-Chi has the ten rings. T'Challa has his herb powers and Black Panther suit that can absorb and release kinetic energy.

Round 4: Shang-Chi and Wenwu vs. T'Challa and Killmonger. Only Wenwu starts with the ten rings but he will give them to Shang-Chi if he falls in battle. Killmonger has herb powers, vibranium blades, and his vibranium suit. The rest of the round conditions are the same as Round 3 except Shang-Chi doesn't start with rings.

They start 10 meters apart in an open field with nothing and no one else around for miles.

Victory is by ko, bfr, or death.

In character, but fighting as if the world is at risk and the opponent is pure evil (so no holding back but also no ridiculous fatalities).

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1. Shang-Chi stomps.

R2. T’Challa high difficulty. The guardian’s martial arts style could give Shang a chance.

Round 3-4. The rings are way out of the Panthers’ league. They hit way harder than the things we saw daze T’Challa.

Vacanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Shang dominates.

R2: I'm conflicted on this one. I think it could go either way. Shang beat his dad with all the rings in this state so I think he'd have a shot here. Could go 50/50. T'Challa has the edge in physicals for sure, but Shang has a pretty large skill advantage.

R3: Probably Shang

R4: Rings are OP and Wenwu has had them for 1000 years, kind of hard to say he and Shang don't win this.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 owie  Moderator

I was thinking of almost this exact set of rounds.

1. Shang has the skills to win. BP without the herb lost to normal Killmonger. It would be a decent fight, but with Shang clearly winning throughout.

2. I think this is the closest round. The Civil War suit makes T'Challa pretty durable to damage. I think Panther takes this. Out of the various super-soldier-level characters, Panther is the most skilled and capable of really using his stats. I could be forgetting feats Shang has with the skills from his aunt but without the rings.

3. Shang will eventually overpower the suit with the rings. But it would be an awesome battle.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j_normal: Should round 4 be 1v2 instead of 2v2 then to make things closer?

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebake:

It wouldnt matter honestly. Shang-Chi’s casual strikes in the movie were more powerful than what we have seen severely daze BP. He could end it in a few shots.

Rich122004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Shang-Chi 's Jackie Chan style vs T'Challa depowered?? Came close but T'Challa has a better with spear and shield

Round 2: If Shang-Chi met his aunt, that mean he has learn Tai Chi style which match the 1000 years old Wenwu. That’s already enough.

Round 3: Thanos's one normal punch knock down T'Challa and release all suit's energy. The rings has strike stronger or as stronger as that. Like the whip or breaking the dark gate sealed by the great protector

Round 4: Not fair. Wenwu only hold back when fighting his son.

Ccbm2208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shang-Chi absolutely destroy him in all rounds except for 2.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By heiqn

R1 = Shang. Razor Fist's blade was superior to T'Challa's gear and he dominated him while fighting 4 other guys.

R2 = T'Challa. Herb simply makes him super soldier level and Normal people can't really put down Super soldiers without gear. T'challa after a long fight.

R3 & R4 = Shang. Ten Rings simply counter Black Panther suit because they can hit from distances. He won't let T'Challa release his energy.

DarkRealm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black-Panther wins nearly every round due to the vibranium suit

Round 1: Shang chi wins the choreography black panther had in his movie was terrible

Round 2: Black panther with low difficulty this round isn't really looking good for Shang chi. Shang chi has no answer for black panthers strength, durability, the vibranium suit.

Round 3: Black Panther

Round 4: This is a stomp for the wakanda duo

DarkRealm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccbm2208: How is Shang chi or Wenwu going to bypass the vibranium suit?

Ccbm2208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccbm2208: How is Shang chi or Wenwu going to bypass the vibranium suit?

They hit hard enough to knock T'Challa and Erik out.

DarkRealm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccbm2208: Thanos's sword(that's made out of uru)wasn't able to knock out black panther so I fail to see how Shang chi's hits will even knock him out.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 krisbishop  Moderator  Online

R1: Shang quite easily.

R2: BP takes this. His stats and suit are too much.

R3: Shang wins again.

R4: Wenwu solos, honestly.

Majorknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I can say is that Shang Chi raised the martial arts skill set in the mcu by leaps and bounds.

The rings also happen to be ridiculously overpowered and versatile. Given how it's still unknown where they're from. For all we know they could be one of the most powerful items in the MCU (I mean in a universal scale)

I'd give all rounds to Shang Chi including round 2 since Shang was holding his own against his father pretty well in their first bout

Avatar image for minecraftmaster11
Minecraftmaster11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1 - Shang. Simply more skilled and his stats are comparable at worst

R2 - Panther. Shang doesn't have any way to hurt him so he'll dance around T'Challa for a while before getting tagged and eventually beaten.

R3 - Shang. Rings OP

R4 - Wenwu solos (Shang can too if he gets the rings)

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rounds One, Three and Four go to Shang-Chi + Wenwu, Round Two goes to T'Challa.

No Caption Provided

Gyava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shang Chi only wins round 1. Black Panther curbs in other rounds.

Xverify_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. T'Challa

2. T'Challa

3. Shang

4. Shang

KaiThighJu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1 - Shang. Simply more skilled and his stats are comparable at worst

R2 - Panther. Shang doesn't have any way to hurt him so he'll dance around T'Challa for a while before getting tagged and eventually beaten.

R3 - Shang. Rings OP

R4 - Wenwu solos (Shang can too if he gets the rings)

kfost_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shang is more skilled than Bp with or without the herb (especially without the herb) and rings>vibranium suit

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 krisbishop  Moderator  Online

R1: Shang quite easily.

R2: BP takes this. His stats and suit are too much.

R3: Shang wins again.

R4: Wenwu solos, honestly.

CheatCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CheatCode

I must be seriously undermining what I saw from the rings. And Shang was a good martial artist but I wasn’t blown away. Nor did he really fight in any life or death battles like TChalla. Shang’s rings are not as powerful as some people in this thread are making them out to be.

CheatCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could Shang take one of these punches?

No Caption Provided

IDragonov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 - Shang-Chi

Round 2 - Black Panther

Round 3 - I'm not 100% sold on the strength of the 10 rings, we don't know if it was brute strength or a "magic" counter to the dragon scale wall. When using the rings as a projectile there's no evidence that they'd act any different than a shield or bullet does. We do however know that speed is not amped with the 10 rings as Shang-Chi was able to block and deflect the rings and punches. Black Panther is much faster than a peak human can ever be. I'll go with panther 5.5/10 for now.

Round 4 - I have the same feeling, Shang-Chi will be delt with by killmonger much faster, then it will be a 2 on one with Wenwu. Brute strength doesn't matter if you can't hit your target.

Vegito315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Shang stomps. Far more skilled

Round 2: Panther only because of herb

Round 3: Wenwu solo stomps

kildcmcti2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kildcmcti2

R1: Shang dodge every razor fist attack and dozens of ninja in the bambo. Can go either way, more wins for Shang tho!

R2: Depend if Shaun has his dragon airbending Amp! Shang beat his dad with all the rings in this state so I think he'd have a shot here. Could go 50/50. T'Challa has the edge in stats for sure, but Shang has a pretty large Skill advantage.

R3& R4: Shang chi with the rings is confirm to be approximate to Thor or Hulk by director so it is quite unfair at that point! And yeah the rings are league above vibranium suit or herb stats!

Plus the best feats of the rings are league above black Panther level!

Rings are OP and Wenwu could solo them both , kind of hard to say he and Shang don't win this. If wenwu fail for some reasons, Shang could overpower the suit with the rings.

But it would be an awesome battle to see if both have 5 rings!

IDragonov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kildcmcti2: hey do you have a link to the directors statement about rivaling hulk or Thor? I'd like to see that cuz I never got anywhere near that impression.

kildcmcti2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kildcmcti2

@idragonov:

I'd like to see that cuz I never got anywhere near that impression.

Firstly of course black Panther can keep up with Shang chi10rings even beat him time to time, on a lucky day I think.

Look I was like you, first time I saw the trailers and promotional clips I thought “damn did marvel made Shang chi and the rings powers around super soldier or maybe above”. But after watching the movie I was “wow”impressed by the feats of Wenwu and Shang-Chi at the end! No way near Thor “best feats visually” but obviously look above super soldier, Spider-Man, Ant man but below like of Captain marvel etc…. so I though maybe it was just visually.

And YouTuber “interviewer” (hard to find)video came out and articles confirming which level Shang chi was.

https://screenrant.com/shang-chi-mcu-power-hulk-thor-comparison/amp/

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/10-ringed-shang-chi-scales-to-thor-and-hulk-again-2246116/

By Producer!!

If you think the director and producer said those comparison just by formality or hype then they could had just said : “ we did not intent to make Shang chi in their league but it doesn’t mean Shaun is not a great hero on his own, and who will win the fights? Well, this is not what we are looking for in their interaction ,in a future cooperation crossover, against those 2 powerhouses.” Or something like that.
But they did not said those words!

We don’t have those kind of statement with Hawkeyes, Captain America or Spider-Man.

And director by saying he doesn’t know “who will win and we will explore it later on” mean more likely if you thought the feats of wenwu or Shang chi with rings won’t affect those “gods” then they would or Shang chi “feats” are going get more powerful!

I mean if a Genius guy in a iron suit can keep up with a God and K.O a giant radioactive green monster( human science origin by the way) I don’t see why it could not be the same with a Kungfu guy with magical unknowns origins artifacts! Even the actor was surprised and excited by his characters Power Up that HE though he could beat the Hulk or Iron Man!

And do not think the rings are like a guy using a big gun, sword or rocket launcher, it is truly like Mjölnir and give the owner superhuman stats or like the movie said “They gave him the strength of a god, and the gift of eternal life” clearly marvel have big plans for Shang chi!

Remind some users VsBattles “calculate“ at first

Using omnidirectional KE, we get:1/12*3282963.90334*40.7885527868^2=455157239.164 J

(Small Building level)!!! for Shang chi explosion lol, the lowball of Shang chi is hard.

Now calculated to be around “small town“, personally it was intent to be higher.

Seems to me users underestimate him, even lowball him for whatever reasons maybe because of his master of Kung fu no powers origins! Even like that writers make him beat or keep up with the like or comic Wolverine, Spider-Man etc… now imagine that guy with magical gears.

That why Shang chi deserves more respect!

IDragonov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By IDragonov

@kildcmcti2: I'm using my phone at the moment so I can't quote properly but thank you for the links. After I watched the movie I was very impressed by his feats, he is my favorite character after all. Stats equilized shang beats just about everyone. And if he could take his wind powers outside of ta-lo that increases drastically.

So the actual quote is "IT DEPENDS IF YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT THE BEGINNING OF THE MOVIE OR THE END OF THE MOVIE. I THINK BY THE END OF THIS MOVIE, I THINK, HE IS, YOU KNOW, STANDING UP ON A SIMILAR LEVEL TO SOME OF OUR FAVORITE SUPERHEROES IN THE MCU. FOR FUN, WE’VE DEBATED THINGS BUT I DON’T REALLY KNOW THE ANSWER TO IT. BUT I’M SURE WE’LL EXPLORE THEM IN THE FUTURE." - Director Destin Daniel Cretton.

That is a nice showing for the strength for sure but standing on a similar level is an open statement, he could be slightly above, same or slightly below. And we do have a statement about spiderman from the Russo's that he is slightly below hulk, so shang and spiderman could be the same strength based on director quotes.

https://gfycat.com/uglyhelpfulcommabutterfly

Also Russo's said that out of shape Thor was his strongest iteration of Thor up to that point of endgame.

“Anthony Russo: The difficult road that Thor's traveled ultimately gave him strength. He was stronger than ever by the end of Endgame.”

Ironman only knocked out hulk cuz hulk saw the destruction he caused and was breaking free from Wanda's mind attack cause him to get weaker.

I usually see shang being over hyped anywhere I go while his showing were incredibly impressive and solidly puts in in top 3 if not the best h2h fighter. But with the rings there are still a few questions I would need to have answered to place him up higher. Mainly if the rings increase durability and speed, durability I'm not sure on but speed I don't think it does, mainly we have a showing of unamped shang with staff vs wenwu and shang was able to knock away the rings and hit his father which would indicate no speed amp as shang is human, peak human but still human. While we have multiple speed showing for other characters. The wind amp may however increase speed and durability on its own. I'm not sure yet.

Avatar image for minecraftmaster11
Minecraftmaster11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Panther wins Round 2, loses the rest

kildcmcti2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kildcmcti2

@idragonov:

This is why comic Shang chi is on your pict user, I am giving my opinion of all your paragraphs. And no need to answer to all my paragraphs. Also English is not my first language so excuse me for my bad grammar etc…. I did not care about him at first but now I find him super cool and likable. Easily on my top 5 MCU super heroes.

1. Really like how marvel update the no powers master of Kung fu to master of mystical rings and dragon warrior. Hopefully he would get more time to shine by himself and in futures avengers team. And finger cross no Katy by his side.

I think it is still debatable, who is the best in skill, between (for example) Matt, Dany, Steve and Shaun.

2.It is still unclear if Ta Lo airbending/dragon amp power work outside but I bet it could. And unclear if that powers increase others stats and in what Tier. Only that it can kept with Wenwu, we don’t know if Ying Li is way more powerful than others Ta Lo fighters.

And doesn’t help that people are not doing powers scaling video or essays of Wenwu and Shang chi10rings. Again pretty sure he would get more respect after his 2nd movie or crossover.

Remind some users VsBattles “calculate“ at first (Small Building level) explosion that put DID in pieces.

Now change to low town!

Since the rings feats are all over the place showing to Wall Tier to Mountain Tier.

Plus Pounding that dragon scale door by weakening it, busting pieces off and shaking it with every punch. It feel like it if wasn’t for the dragon scale, Wenwu could had destroy the mountains. So at least mountain level tier in striking/ strength.

And it doesn’t help that Wenwu get “own“ two times by only Ta Lo martial arts from the gods. Again we do not know if Wind powers works like kryptonite for the rings and/ or “also” scaling around Hulk and Thor. Again pretty sure black Panther could dance around Hulk or Thor, doesn’t mean I think he is relative or in their level tier in power output!

Wind powers feats is odd, only by visual, it is hard to imagine it working against the powerhouses characters. I guess if Ta Lo powers ever clash with gods, the filmmaker would make it work against them just like Shaun dancing around his dad arms.

3. Spider-Man, same case as Shang chi, because in screen feats is all over the place. If spidey was Hulk level then does it mean Green goblin, sinister 5 could beat/ no sell Hulk Punch? I don’t think so.

I mean it could also be an open statement For Russo to. So does it mean we should not take director quotes seriously? I think spidey could easily evade Hulk attack but if he get tag ouch! Plus I can see writers making spidey catch his low punch or whatever, push Hulk around 1-2inch with kicks etc.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/10-ringed-shang-chi-scales-to-thor-and-hulk-again-2246116/

Personally since one of the producer of Shang chi said “it can go either way with Thor or Hulk” it is way more legit.

Plus the creative team behind Shang Chi said Spiderman and Shang is a 50/50 match. Again Comic Shang chi can beat or keep up with the like or comic Wolverine, Spider-Man etc… have same speed in their traning in spidey island even beat Spider-Man in recent Gene Yang comics.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here is a link.https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2573246/shang-chi-vs-spider-man-marvel-fight-who-would-winNeat huh.

So yeah if Shang chi and Spider-Man mcu ever have a crossover and fight, the stunt team would make it even for both of the heroes. Personally I had to agree with the actor of Shang chi “Liu teased, "I would love to have a friendly chat with Spider-Man, I think that would be really fun in the octagon. I get my [ten] rings, though."

"wants Shang-Chi to crossover with Spider-Man Tom Holland. "I just want that for the culture, you know?" he said. "I want to see the two of them fighting."

I think Shang chi with ten rings is to much above Spider-Man.Peter would be better off learning Way of the spider with Shaun no rings but only Dragon/Wind amp.

I don’t see a problem as why Thor fat could not be his strongest version, even YouTuber “Key issues” ranking every major mcu character think so.

Yes I could not agree more, it make sense Iron man could k.o Hulk in that situation. circumstances, context count but a lot of users here don’t take that it count when putting feats of some characters! But again anyone can win against anyone as long the writers respect every characters establish feats, weakness etc…

4. I have seen both, users lowballing Shang chi and others being fair. I am trying to not over hyped him, just correct people that trash him.

Yes rings enhancement stats are unclear!

For durability, the only visual glue we have are that Wenwu never get hurt, bleed or injured. And did not get broken wrists, arms or legs when using that level of strength! For speed, I don’t get it! If you mean only in movement we do not know really! Black Panther must have better speed traversal and feats. Reaction and fighting speed?? I don’t think so.

But does having super jump count? Again Wenwu could leap 2-3km in one jump in 4-5s on screen. But “superior speed” never really matter in a mcu movies, especially if your are not a speedsters. I am still outraged by users pretending for example that spidey would statues Shang chi or whatever like No! Never would happen on screen or anywhere but only in their disrespectful minds.

We can’t really determine speed by looking at father-son rings clash! It would be saying Thor and Loki are street tier in speed when looking at their THOR/avengers fights, their attacks are also super slow and telegraphed. So that Why We have scaling and combat speed for Wenwu, he is at least a bullet timer!! Flashback scene Wenwu block bullets and shotgun. Arrow timing thousands arrows in quick succession is equivalent to bullet timing.

Not that it matters anyway.

(Ex outside of mcu, Wonder Woman is a casual bullets timer but we all know she could just took those shots! So why if she deflecting bullets with her bracelets? Don’t want to go more in detail with her! )

Plus Thor has a feat of blocking laser from the chitauri in avengers 1. And for sure those shots would not have kill or injured him.

6. We do not know if the rings can vary in powers output. Either way Wenwu won and could had win easily looking at his previously feats.

Yes the showing of “staff no amp Shaun”against Wenwu is not a good case for the rings powers.

Again could be low feats, baseline of the rings powers, we do not if wenwu hold back or not.

And I would argue he did lost against his wives only because he loses control of the rings. ( for me, seems to be holding back especially looking at his feats against groups of army)

Knocking away the rings continuously with the Dragon staff is a feat on himself now! A good showing of baseline Shaun having superhuman speed, does it has a movie explanation, No!

And “visually“ the rings shots to Shaun did not seem to go that fast ( no way near bullets speed or not even baton throw speed) so could be movie time dilution, movie own time bubble or it is unclear if Wenwu can control the ring launch speed!

The rings must be at least Subsonic or Mach 1 since we see that visually the rings can have Mach cone when launching against Shaun mother!

But also don’t forget that MCU trained humans could do crazy stuff outside their tier for story purpose! Captain Rogers holding Thanos push, Black widow surviving big falls in her movie etc…

Hitting and putting down his dad with staff no enhancement is a case of high outliers for him and low outliers for Wenwu!

7. I am sure Shang chi with ten rings is intent to be way more powerful than his dad!!

And fight between rings and Ta Lo Martial arts is pretty consistent when including shockwaves punch, striking opponents feet away, dancing superhuman around, rings piercing ground of mountains etc….

I also argue Shaun no powers could hit and tag like of Thor, hulk, Captain America with his “staff only”but Spider-Man?

He would more likely dodge a lot of his attack but would eventually get tag since speed doesn’t really matter in MCU fights! And Spider-Man always get tag and hit somehow. Again we do not know the extend of stats enhancement of wind amp and what tier it really belongs. Visually it seems to enhanced agility, speed and striking when looking at Shaun mom fight and him against his dad.

Thank you for reading my long answers.

IDragonov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kildcmcti2: Thank you for the reply! With English not being your first language you can type very well, could hardly notice.

I appreciate a well constructed reply like yours shows dedication to search for the most logical answer and not to overstate a characters abilities.

To your conclusion I completely agree with everything you mentioned. I feel like shang will become the best H2H in the MCU and we will see more feats in his next showing to cement that and clearify the confusing or misunderstood showings.