Posted by bringmethanos (200 posts) 9 months, 8 days ago

Poll: MCU Scarlet Witch VS MCU Doctor strange (51 votes)

wanda 39%
strange 61%
#1 Posted by Darkeyes (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange stomps, Wanda doesn't have anything besides subpar TK to kill strange, but the doctor has so many tricks up his sleeve that I don't see Wanda being able to keep up. If all else fails he could also just bfr her with the time stone.

#2 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#3 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17136 posts) - - Show Bio

The Strange Doctor

#4 Posted by Abezethibou (840 posts) - - Show Bio

she wouldn't even beat Wong

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
#5 Edited by hurricanefunnel (2151 posts) - - Show Bio

this is a rematch so draw, they both have abilities that can nullify either characters's powers

hurricanefunnel's vote leant toward wanda because of sheer skill

No Caption Provided

unless it is this but op stats mcu not the comic ironically

and that's a strength feat not a skill feat either

thought hurricanefunnel puts it there b/c she could do the same

No Caption Provided

just a fair team not vs strange OF COURSE [had to capitalize that b/c image came out larger]

included them if anyone else via forum found the combination of characters interesting, not off-topic since it includes 1/2 two of the op's characters.

only please if you get to this focus on above the picture not itself unless you have a valid point of the characters to mention.

#6 Posted by Stefano (2562 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda wins if she immediately restrains Strange’s movements, like Maw did when he tried using the time stone.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#7 Posted by Supermanforever (8982 posts) - - Show Bio

strange stomps.

#8 Posted by TheTruthIII (3316 posts) - - Show Bio

If Strange can BFR he stomps. If he puts up the same sort of lackluster fight he did against Maw then SW can win.

tbh I think he only did so much better against Thanos because he already had 14 million different tries and knew exactly what moves to use and when

#9 Posted by TonyMartial (9888 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Strange wins.

#11 Posted by Lan_Fan (15976 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Witch.

#12 Posted by ANTHP2000 (28529 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done.

#13 Posted by Darkthunder (3173 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange

#14 Posted by CocaColaMan (548 posts) - - Show Bio

A weaker, slower telekinetic already beat Strange when they were going out if their way to keep him alive. Wanda stomps.

#15 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17136 posts) - - Show Bio

@cocacolaman: abc logic. Dr. Strange beats Wanda, he’s far too versatile.

#16 Posted by Lan_Fan (15976 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: Wanda could restrain him just like she did to Thanos, and just like Maw did to Strange. She's a hard counter for Strange, because his spells heavily rely on hand movements, which she can easily stop for distance.

#17 Edited by Token1300 (302 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing wrong with ABC logic when it can be applied to make sense with feats person A can do but person B or C can’t.

Are we missing the point where Wanda destroyed one of the stones in IW ? Strange doesn’t have that kind of attack power. Although he has better Hax n is way smarter, I feel like Wanda could take Strange. I’ve even seen posts that agree that Wanda is stronger than Captain Marvel and Fat Thor with IW Thor being the strongest.

My list is

1- IG Thanos

2- IW Thor

3- Wanda

4- Captain Marvel

5- Strange

#18 Posted by Supermanthor (21418 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange

#19 Posted by johnsmjs36 (673 posts) - - Show Bio

@token1300: She could probably destroy the stones because her power is deroved from it. Of she had that much firepower she would have destroyed Thanos.

#20 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17136 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: the only reason why that ever happened was because Strange had to open the necklace, he doesn’t have that anymore.

#21 Posted by Namebk (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda should win if she goes for a tk early in the fight.

#22 Posted by uugieboogie (13397 posts) - - Show Bio

The Maw and Wanda ABC logic doesn’t really apply. Wanda may have more raw power than Maw but he has far superior skill. Splitting cars in half with a wave of his finger, reshaping stone around Strange, reshaping stone into spikes, creating giant stone/metal tentacles etc are examples of this.

Strange that fought Maw looked like a child compared to the Strange that fought Thanos on titan. I’ll take a non jobbing Strange over Wanda any day. He has too many ways to handle her and her only way to possibly win would be to Tk grab, and I can’t remember her ever starting a fight with that.

Avatar image for davidharewood14
#23 Edited by DavidHarewood14 (1840 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are jobbers but Wanda wins

#24 Posted by KoolKermy (103 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda

#25 Edited by CocaColaMan (548 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: Let me put this better. Strange has no strength feats to overpower Wanda’s telekinesis, no speed feats to cast a spell before she attacks, and no durability feats to survive her crushing him. If Wanda wanted to, she could one shot, and Strange couldn’t counter it.

Avatar image for waltzeffective1
#26 Posted by WaltzEffective1 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@cocacolaman: lol strange bfr's with mirror dimension shit also has time stone scarlet witch is fucked

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#27 Posted by EternalDarkFury (2580 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange.

#28 Edited by Tony_Shark (2123 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange. Mostly.

Even if Wanda traps him, his Cape can independently move and strangle her until she is distracted.

Also Strange has more hax and gave a better fight to a more powerful, versatile Thanos.

#29 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17136 posts) - - Show Bio

@cocacolaman: Strange can go Astral form, trap her in the mirror dimension, bfr to space, straight up choke her with the cloak of levitation, confuse her with clones, he has way too many options. We have to acknowledge that Ebony Maw was much more in tune with his powers in comparison to Wanda.

#30 Posted by Stefano (2562 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda, too much raw power and Strange can’t counter her TP

#32 Posted by MattyBoi (981 posts) - - Show Bio

@cocacolaman: Strange can go Astral form, trap her in the mirror dimension, bfr to space, straight up choke her with the cloak of levitation, confuse her with clones, he has way too many options. We have to acknowledge that Ebony Maw was much more in tune with his powers in comparison to Wanda.

This

#33 Posted by MainJP (6431 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange has way too many options to win with.

#34 Posted by CocaColaMan (548 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: Strange can’t do any of that except the Astral form before Wanda hits him (and what can Strange do in his Astral form anyway?) which is my main point. If Strange and Wanda were comparable in speed, I would back Strange, but Stephen has no feats even remotely comparable to Scarlet Witch in the speed category. She could launch a blast at him or have him in a hold before Strange ever began casting a spell.

#35 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17136 posts) - - Show Bio

@cocacolaman: Loki himself would tell you Strange can Bfr her into space. The cloak of levitation was choking people on the first movie and it’s grip is tough enough to give Thanos struggle. Strange cloned himself against Thanos so yes he can do that, and Thanos only found him due to the Soul Stone. And he can trap her in the mirror dimension, what made you disregard all of these abilities?

Lastly Strange isn’t a slouch in the speed department, he reacted to a black hole and turned it into a butterfly, was shielding himself against Dormammu’s projectiles etc. Because of Dr. Strange’s versatility Wanda’s the one who’s most like going to be on the defence.

#36 Posted by CocaColaMan (548 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: I’m not saying he can’t do any of that, I know he can, I think you just misinterpreted what I said. Wanda’s Speed is what makes me say that those things won’t matter. If Strange got any of these off, then he’d win. I won’t deny that. In fact, I think that in-movie, Strange is more likely to be given the edge.

I don’t recall Dormammu’s beams having speed feats, and that Black Hole was barely car speed, if that. Wanda has reacted to gunfire and an explosion in Civil War (opening scene) and she could move in Quicksilver Time during Age of Ultron (when Quicksilver gets shot in the shoulder.) This is the same Quicksilver who moved FTE to Captain America and slow-motioned bullets and Thor.

#37 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17136 posts) - - Show Bio

@cocacolaman: Wanda’s really not all that fast, she’s been tagged by Ultron bots, War Machine, Proxima, she’s not impossible tag and none of those people are as versatile as Dr. Strange.

#38 Posted by CocaColaMan (548 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: Wanda’s feats disagreed. She was tagged by Ultron Bots, yes, but she’s gotten better since then. Rhodes hit SW from behind, and IMO Wanda was jobbing both times she fought Proxima.

#39 Edited by Ready_4_Madness (17136 posts) - - Show Bio

@cocacolaman: and I can just as easily say Strange was jobbing against Maw considering Thanos needed 4 stones to beat Dr. Strange.

#40 Posted by TonyStark6999 (2713 posts) - - Show Bio

@stefano said:

Wanda wins if she immediately restrains Strange’s movements, like Maw did when he tried using the time stone.

#41 Posted by eri123 (1739 posts) - - Show Bio

Can go either way.

#42 Posted by Nandope (455 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda beats him like Ebony Maw did we been knew

#43 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (3094 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda is faster to the draw and is more likely to throw TK energy at him before he attacks her, although if Strange attacks her first he wins

#44 Posted by StellatedColt (928 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange is way too versatile imo. The Doc for me