MCU Rematch: Iron Man vs Hulk

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hulk. There’s a reason tony wanted him to fight cull. And cull was giving tony the business no matter how you spin it, I don’t see why hulk can’t do better

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@thedailybagel:

How is it an excuse when literally everyone in that fight could shrug off hits from Thanos???

I consider it an excuse since the narrative doesn't change Thanos' feat of being far superior to the Hulk. Nor does it take away from Iron Man's performance against Thanos, and do show me everyone shrugging off attacks from Thanos, because having rewatched the fight

• Drax was punched once and down for several minutes.
  • Dr.Strange took one kick from Thanos and was taken out by Spider-Man being thrown into him(also takes out Peter).
  • Nebula was one shotted.

Aside from Iron Man, I didn't see anyone tank his attacks.

Objectively speaking, Star Lord's little pulse charge on Thanos's back and a punch from Spider-Man had as much - if not more - effect than anything Hulk did and he's objectively 100X stronger than either of those people.

So are you trying to say you think Thanos> Hulk is inconsistent? Anyway, Starlord's eletrical pulse weapon doesn't deal blunt force damage making the comparison to Hulk's punching invalid, and has no other feats iirc to make such a feat inconsistent. As for Spider-Man, he clearly didn't do anything to Thanos, and was compared to an insect right before getting one shotted by being thrown into Dr.Strange. Hulk's performance against Thanos is objectively better than Spider-Man's as I am sure you would agree.

Sure, there isn't anything wrong with taking Tony's performance into consideration, but there's also nothing wrong with the fact that objectively Hulk would slap around 90% of the people that Thanos fought and they were all less damaged than he was by a singular punch.

No one that wasn't Iron Man took a single punch from Thanos without being one shotted on Titan. Unless you can show me otherwise then I don't see how Hulk's being above them matters when, unlike people like Drax, Hulk clearly couldn't be one shotted by Thanos.

Narrative played a key part in that encounter, but I never once 'brushed it off' as plot. Those are your words, not mine.

I took your view on the the narrative of the story being the sole factor to look at(which you seemed to initally be doing) as you brushing it off as plot. My mistake.

Literally all Thanos used was the power stone

False.

and when it came to the one on one encounter he used it once to blast Tony and that was about it.

He was also shown to be using it to enhance one of his punches.

No Caption Provided

This is despite the fact that Tony still did absolutely nothing to Thanos, he left a paper cut on his cheek. That's it.

Which ironically is more than you can say Hulk did.

He survived longer than Hulk did, but as I said before, that's because styles make fights.

I disagree, but this ultimately boils down to your interpretation of the fight which I am fine to agree to disagree on.

Pray tell what there is to disagree with?

Like I said, I disagree that he lasted more than thirty seconds solely because he has more offer than raw strength. Although even if that is the case I would think that means Hulk would have trouble dealing with it too, since Thanos did.

Hulk was the only person in the entire film that could actually stand up to Thanos without getting punched 100 metres away because he was the most physically imposing.

Okay? Good job I guess.

Iron Man, Drax, Peter etc were all ragdolled pretty much every time Thanos so much as tapped them, Tony especially was ragdolled constantly.

Tony kept getting ragdolled, yes, but it didn't put him down. It took quite some time for that to happen, and it was after using several infinity stones.

Since Hulk could stand his ground, it allowed Thanos to unload on him in a way that objectively no one else encountered throughout the whole film. By my count, Thanos landed about 5 or 6 clean hits on Tony and he was ragdolled by all of them except two: One because he was already on the ground, and another which was basically a love tap that shattered his helmet.

I don't really have anything to say here, getting knocked around by Thanos isn't a bad thing especially when you can get up and keep fighting.

To add to that, Tony was faster than Hulk, more manouverable and had other advantages which meant he didn't have to sit there and just eat punches like Hulk did.

This is true, although this would be true against Hulk too.

On the other hand, Hulk took at least 14 hits before going down and to be honest I think they were harder than almost anything Thanos did on Titan

Harder than a power gem enhanced punch? Even if they were it's important to note that Iron Man is strong enough to hurt Hulk since he made Thanos bleed.

Objectively, the fact that all Hulk had to offer was physicallity worked against him when fighting Thanos, something completely not appliciable to a fight with Iron Man.

I don't think Iron Man's versatility was as helpful as you think. Iron Man used missiles but they didn't hurt thanos, he tried to stab Thanos and failed twice.

Turns out Iron Man didn't actually last longer 1 on 1 at all. If you count from the moment that him and Thanos start going at it compared to Hulk, Bruce lasts 10 seconds longer before going down.

If you start counting from when Thanos overpowered Hulk you get that fight only lasted 17 seconds.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@thewatcherking: Just a lil tidbit to chime in, but The directors I believe confirmed Thanos held back the entire time on Titan and that the only time in the film he didn’t was in the opening against Hulk.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@jashro44 said:

@thewatcherking:

And that matters because....? I said Thanos is more versatile than Hulk and that he used the infinity stones on Iron Man, which still remains true. Even if he was to only used the power stone on Iron Man that's still better than being taken out easily without any infinity stones.

• Because at that point iron man had a ton of backup so iron man and the avengers making thanos use the stones isn't that notable. We should be comparing iron mans performance when it was just him and thanos to hulks showing.
  • Thanos could have beaten iron man without the power gem. I think that is obvious. Unless we think Cull Obsidian is stronger than thanos with no stones which is illogical.
@thewatcherking said:

I didn't see that in the video nor do I remember that.

Than you didn't watch the clip I posted because I time stamped the exact moment.

1. At the moments that Thanos used the space and reality gems he was focused purely on Iron Man, so it most definitely is notable. And even if you do what you just said it doesn't erase the fact that Iron Man would have taken damage from those attacks(unless you think he can no sell attacks from several infinity stones?), he wouldn't have entered his solo fight with Thanos at 100%
  2. This is ABC logic but sure, although it clearly would have taken longer. Unless we're to think that Thanos used the gems soley because it looks cool.
  3. I already said nvm, and that I saw it.
TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: Just a lil tidbit to chime in, but The directors I believe confirmed Thanos held back the entire time on Titan and that the only time in the film he didn’t was in the opening against Hulk.

Link?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 anthp2000  Moderator

Still Tony.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking:

At the moments that Thanos used the space and reality gems he was focused purely on Iron Man, so it most definitely is notable.

I'm not even sure what your point is. Thanos at that point was fighting like 10 people at once. If hulk had been on titan than thanos probably would have used his more versatile tricks on him. Again Thanos wouldn't need the gems to beat Tony and it shows during there fight. Thanos smashed Tony's armor to pieces with his bare hands. If anything thanos did more damage with his fists than he did with any of the gems.

Both iron man and hulk would be stomped by thanos whether he has the gems or not. Tony did better because he has more to offer than brute force but neither did that well. The most Tony did was get a drop of blood.

And even if you do what you just said it doesn't erase the fact that Iron Man would have taken damage from those infinity stone attacks, he wouldn't have entered his solo fight with Thanos at 100%

Iron man can repair his armor so I don't see why he would have been damaged when it came to the one on one. He also never showed damage underneath his armor until after thanos beat the crap out of him.

This is ABC logic but sure, although it clearly would have taken longer. Unless we're to think that Thanos used the gems soley because it looks cool.

I mean he obviously didn't use them power gem because he had to. I don't see whats wrong with ABC logic in these conditions. Thanos and Cull are both bricks, and I think its obvious thanos is the stronger and more powerful of the two. Cull is a minion and nothing more.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#158 JediXMan  Moderator

Iron Man. He actually put up a better fight than Hulk did against Thanos.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

I'm not even sure what your point is.

You don't understand that Thanos was not engaging multiple people at once when he used the infinity stones on Iron Man? I don't think I can break it down any further...but when he used the reality stone no one was attacking him. Iron man just dropped a building on him and he retaliated. It wasn't as though anyone else was dealing with Tony, and the same is the case when he thrown meteorites and sent the explosion back at Tony. He everyone wasn't down yet but it wasn't like his attention was split between multiple people when he used them on Iron Man.

Thanos at that point was fighting like 10 people at once.

Not when he used the reality, space, or power stone.

If hulk had been on titan than thanos probably would have used his more versatile tricks on him.

Speculation that in no way,shape or form can be proven. He might have admittedly but you can't prove it so I don't even get the point of bringing up the possibility.

Again Thanos wouldn't need the gems to beat Tony and it shows during there fight.

Maybe, but again, it would have taken longer. There is no way you can argue Thanos could beat Iron Man quicker if he decided to not use any infinity stones.

Thanos smashed Tony's armor to pieces with his bare hands. If anything thanos did more damage with his fists than he did with any of the gems.

Once Tony started running out of nanites to repair his suit, but that only happened after he used the gems.

Tony did better because he has more to offer than brute force but neither did that well.

You keep saying that as if all those other things he had did anything to thanos, when if fact the only attack that really did damage was a blunt force punch.

The most Tony did was get a drop of blood.

As opposed to no blood at all like Hulk right?

Iron man can repair his armor so I don't see why he would have been damaged when it came to the one on one.

Fair but like I said, he needs nanites to repair his armor. He started running out of them due to the attacks he already had been hit with in the fight.

I mean he obviously didn't use them power gem because he had to.

So you do think Thanos did use the infinity gems because they look cool? Come on, I am not saying Iron Man would curbstomp or even beat Thanos if he didn't have them but you're making it out like Thanos was toying with Tony.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By jashro44

@thewatcherking:

You don't understand that Thanos was not engaging multiple people at once when he used the infinity stones on Iron Man? I don't think I can break it down any further...but when he used the reality stone no one was attacking him. Iron man just dropped a building on him and he retaliated. It wasn't as though anyone else was dealing with Tony, and the same is the case when he thrown meteorites and sent the explosion back at Tony. He everyone wasn't down yet but it wasn't like his attention was split between multiple people when he used them on Iron Man.

His attention being split doesn't matter. Look at what thanos did during that scene. He turned the rubble into a bunch of bats which flew at iron man. I doubt bats would take out the hulk.

Not when he used the reality, space, or power stone.

It was all coordinated attacks. The whole attack was planned so they could get the gauntlet off of thanos.

Speculation that in no way,shape or form can be proven. He might have admittedly but you can't prove it so I don't even get the point of bringing up the possibility.

Its really not speculation unless you think starlord, Drax and nebula are more powerful than hulk. He used the stones against weaker avengers. Hell he chose to use an infinity stone on black widow in Wakanda, it means nothing. Thanos used the stones arbitrarily. But that doesn't mean he needs the stones to stomp iron man.

Maybe, but again, it would have taken longer. There is no way you can argue Thanos could beat Iron Man quicker if he decided to not use any infinity stones.

No but I don't have to as that isn't the point. The point is iron man lasted longer because he relies more on evasion than hulk does, whereas hulk is a tank. However hulks tanky fighting style didn't work on thanos because thanos is a better hulk. Just because Tony did better against thanos doesn't mean he will beat the hulk. That is ABC logic which doesn't work as a comparison because iron man and hulk have very different abilities and fighting styles. Iron mans is better suited for lasting longer against thanos but neither actually does well at fighting thanos because thanos can take whatever iron man throws at him, and in the case of hulk he can easily out skill him.

The question is can Tony put hulk down? Can Tony tank hulks hits and for how long? Can iron man avoid being tagged by hulk?

Once Tony started running out of nanites to repair his suit, but that only happened after he used the gems.

Even prior to thanos damaging the suit Tony was bleeding all over the place from thanos punches.

You keep saying that as if all those other things he had did anything to thanos, when if fact the only attack that really did damage was a blunt force punch.

I don't think that one attack was the only attack that hurt thanos. It was a whole combo that achieved that effect.

As opposed to no blood at all like Hulk right?

A drop of blood isn't significant damage. Thanos had a tiny scrape against iron man, it doesn't necessarily mean his hits were more damaging than hulks. Iron man drawing blood just means that iron mans fist scraped thanos face and hulks didn't. People don't always receive an abrasion whenever they are punched in the face but it doesn't mean they took more or less damage than kid on the playground who scraped there knee.

So I don't buy that iron man is stronger than hulk just because he gave thanos an abrasion and hulk didn't. That could have been caused by the fact iron man punched thanos differently from hulk. Hell it could have been because thanos was wearing his armor when he fought hulk so hulk fist didn't scrape thanos face the same way as iron mans punch. Just because hulk didn't scrape thanos face doesn't mean he can't.

Fair but like I said, he needs nanites to repair his armor. He started running out of them due to the attacks he already had been hit with in the fight.

My point is he was fine against thanos. His armor would have been fully operational and repaired. Tony wasn't hidnered when he fought thanos.

So you do think Thanos did use the infinity gems because they look cool? Come on, I am not saying Iron Man would curbstomp or even beat Thanos if he didn't have them but you're making it out like Thanos was toying with Tony.

Again thanos mostly used the gems arbitrarily. Unless you think thanos using an infinity stone on black widow symbolizes it would take effort to beat her.

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

checked all the comments up to here and iron man takes hulk

hulk > infinity stones thanos [1 or 2]

then hulk < 0 infinity stones thanos

may be a close match though

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
DeutschKurzhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: the only reason they write Thor and hulk equals in mcu is for the audiences entertainment

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

His attention being split doesn't matter. Look at what thanos did during that scene. He turned the rubble into a bunch of bats which flew at iron man. I doubt bats would take out the hulk.

His attention not being split absolutely matters, you said Tony's having backup made it not notable but the fact is he was purely focused on Iron Man. And idk if you were trying to imply it but they clearly weren't an everyday bat since no bat on earth could do this.

No Caption Provided

It was all coordinated attacks. The whole attack was planned so they could get the gauntlet off of thanos.

That doesn't have anything to do with what I was saying....

He used the stones against weaker avengers. Hell he chose to use an infinity stone on black widow in Wakanda, it means nothing.

That can easily be explained by the fact that he is insanely close to his goal and wants to not waste any time. Although I don't get the point of this when....

But that doesn't mean he needs the stones to stomp iron man.

...I never stated this to begin with.

No but I don't have to as that isn't the point. The point is iron man lasted longer because he relies more on evasion than hulk does, whereas hulk is a tank.

Except Iron Man took nearly everything Thanos threw his way head on. The one thing I recall he tried to evade was the meteorites and guess what?

No Caption Provided

He was still hit by them, the only attack he didn't deal with is the one he blocked with his shield.

However hulks tanky fighting style didn't work on thanos because thanos is a better hulk

Even if that were the case that means Iron Man has a fighting more than capable of giving Hulk a run for his money.

That is ABC logic which doesn't work as a comparison because iron man and hulk have very different abilities and fighting styles. Iron mans is better suited for lasting longer against thanos but neither actually does well at fighting thanos because thanos can take whatever iron man throws at him, and in the case of hulk he can easily out skill him.

This is all really just headcanon. I don't mean to just brush it off but honestly nothing about Iron Man's fight with Thanos even remotely suggests he is doing as well as he did all because he has a different fighting style. I don't get this headcanon at all, Iron Man might not be stupid emough to try to overpower everyone he faces but he fought Thanos head on multiple times in the battle on titan. If you're talking about Iron Man's sheer versatility that he had used then I don't see why it matters, as no ranged attack did much to Thanos. Plus as I've said, Thanos is more versatile than Hulk, and used his versatility against Iron Man, for some reason we're arguing about Thanos needing to use the gems when that is what I said and hasn't been countered.

The question is can Tony put hulk down? Can Tony tank hulks hits and for how long? Can iron man avoid being tagged by hulk?

1. I don't see why not.
  2. He took hits from Thanos, he isn't getting one shotted by Hulk. And since he took several attacks from Cull, I would say it would be for a significant amount of time.
  3. If he wanted to, but if he countered he can use his shields.

Even prior to thanos damaging the suit Tony was bleeding all over the place from thanos punches.

Even if that's true it literally is irrelevant to shat I just said....

I don't think that one attack was the only attack that hurt thanos. It was a whole combo that achieved that effect.

I disagree, but okay.

A drop of blood isn't significant damage. Thanos had a tiny scrape against iron man, it doesn't necessarily mean his hits were more damaging than hulks.

There is absolutely no evidence to say otherwise, nothing says Thanos was hurt by Hulk and yet, Iron Man did. Iron Man may not have nearly killed Thanos like Thor did but his attacks did cause Thanos some damage, this can't be said for Hulk.

Iron man drawing blood just means that iron mans fist scraped thanos face and hulks didn't. People don't always receive an abrasion whenever they are punched in the face

No, not always. But if someone is punched hard enough to draw blood then they have obviously taken damage, there is no evidence that Hulk hurt Thanos.

That could have been caused by the fact iron man punched thanos differently from hulk. Hell it could have been because thanos was wearing his armor when he fought hulk so hulk fist didn't scrape thanos face the same way as iron mans punch. Just because hulk didn't scrape thanos face doesn't mean he can't.

You keep giving speculation... At the end of the day nothing suggests that Hulk was able to hurt Thanos despite blindsiding him. All he did was stagger him, which is something Spider-Man did when Thanos knew he was coming. Obviously hulk is stronger than Spider-Man but my point remains.

My point is he was fine against thanos. His armor would have been fully operational and repaired. Tony wasn't hidnered when he fought thanos.

You tried to argue that Thanos did more damage without the gems, but his brealing apart Tony's armor is due to his running out of nanites. Although I will disgress that he wasn't damaged he wasn't starting fight fresh either.

Again thanos mostly used the gems arbitrarily. Unless you think thanos using an infinity stone on black widow symbolizes it would take effort to beat her.

This is getting off track. From the start I was only saying Thanos used the gems meaning Iron Man's being more versatile than Hulk is a null argument, as Thanos used more versatility against Iron Man.

sportjames23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By sportjames23

@amonfire1776: Why do folks say this? The Hulkbuster was getting torn the fuck up by Hulk. The only reason Tony “won” was because Hulk started to calm down as Wanda’s spell wore off and Tony got in that sucker punch. If Hulk stayed enraged, he would’ve killed Tony.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By jashro44

@thewatcherking:

His attention not being split absolutely matters, you said Tony's having backup made it not notable but the fact is he was purely focused on Iron Man.

It doesn't make it notable. Again thanos used the gems against a lot of people. If we are counting the part where everyone fought thanos than even spider-man and starlord did better than hulk.

And idk if you were trying to imply it but they clearly weren't an everyday bat since no bat on earth could do this.

Your bringing up thanos versatility like it matters but what did he actually do with the gems on titan? The only big move he made was throwing the chunks of the moon which wasn't even directly solely at iron man. Hulk can take the same punishment iron man took on titan.

That doesn't have anything to do with what I was saying....

Yes it does. Your saying iron man did better and your including parts of the fight that were apart of the coordinated attack. I would rather look at what iron man did without a plan against thanos.

That can easily be explained by the fact that he is insanely close to his goal and wants to not waste any time. Although I don't get the point of this when....

You brought up thanos using the infinity stones like it means something.

Except Iron Man took nearly everything Thanos threw his way head on. The one thing I recall he tried to evade was the meteorites and guess what?

He was still hit by them, the only attack he didn't deal with is the one he blocked with his shield.

I mean he still binded thanos hand at several points, and was moving faster than thanos during the fight. Thanos tried to punch iron man but Tony punched first.

Even if that were the case that means Iron Man has a fighting more than capable of giving Hulk a run for his money.

Why? Because he got a drop of blood from thanos? So what? Who cares if Tony is faster than hulk, he can't drop him.

This is all really just headcanon. I don't mean to just brush it off but honestly nothing about Iron Man's fight with Thanos even remotely suggests he is doing as well as he did all because he has a different fighting style. I don't get this headcanon at all, Iron Man might not be stupid emough to try to overpower everyone he faces but he fought Thanos head on multiple times in the battle on titan.

Unless your suggesting iron man is a brick and has no versatility its not head canon. Its a fact that iron man and hulk have different abilities. Your applying ABC logic when the comparison involves characters performing in different ways. It doesn't work. Because even though hulk isn't as strong as thanos, he is still strong enough to beat Tony. You don't need to be thanos to beat iron man.

As long as hulk can take whatever Tony throws at him and smash him he can win. Saying iron man did better isn't a good arguement because there could be a number of reasons for that.

If you're talking about Iron Man's sheer versatility that he had used then I don't see why it matters, as no ranged attack did much to Thanos.

The missiles distracted thanos. And again neither actually accomplished anything against thanos so who cares if iron man was slightly less useless?

Plus as I've said, Thanos is more versatile than Hulk, and used his versatility against Iron Man, for some reason we're arguing about Thanos needing to use the gems when that is what I said and hasn't been countered.

You keep talking about how thanos is more versatile than hulk but what did he actually do to iron man?

1. He sent bats at him....Bats that have no feats other than attacking iron man.
  2. He blasted iron man with the power gem which was blocked. Not measurable as Bucky, and the guardians of the Galaxy took those same blasts.
  3. He absorbed Tonys own explosion and blasted it back at him. This would be useless against hulk and I don't see that stopping hulk who had an entire tower of solid steel fall on top of him and shrugged it off.
  4. He threw chunks of a moon at everyone and iron man got hit. This is the one thing thanos did to iron man that is actually notable.

I don't see why not.

Why? Because he never put down anyone on hulks tier yet.

He took hits from Thanos, he isn't getting one shotted by Hulk. And since he took several attacks from Cull, I would say it would be for a significant amount of time.

He isn't getting one shotted but hulk is pretty relentless. Once he has Tony in the dominant position he wont stop.

If he wanted to, but if he countered he can use his shields.

The shield doesn't have a measurable feat. While hulk isn't stronger than the power gem thanos never used it to destroy planets like Ronan.

Even if that's true it literally is irrelevant to shat I just said....

No its not. Thanos punches damaged Tony through his armor. No amount of nanites would save Tony.

There is absolutely no evidence to say otherwise, nothing says Thanos was hurt by Hulk and yet, Iron Man did. Iron Man may not have nearly killed Thanos like Thor did but his attacks did cause Thanos some damage, this can't be said for Hulk.

We hear thanos grunting in pain as hulk punches him. There is no reason to assume thanos wasn't hurt. And considering inferior people to hulk were hurting thanos, he definitely wasn't no selling his hits....

Loading Video...

Hulk got stomped once thanos used skill. Hulk got wrecked because he could/n't touch thanos. Thanos would have won a slug fest as well but it probably wouldn't have been that easy. The fact thanos chose to use his skill on hulk is actually quite telling as I don't think thanos made an effort to dodge anyone else's attacks in the film.

You keep giving speculation... At the end of the day nothing suggests that Hulk was able to hurt Thanos despite blindsiding him. All he did was stagger him, which is something Spider-Man did when Thanos knew he was coming. Obviously hulk is stronger than Spider-Man but my point remains.

I disagree for reasons mentioned above.

You tried to argue that Thanos did more damage without the gems, but his brealing apart Tony's armor is due to his running out of nanites. Although I will disgress that he wasn't damaged he wasn't starting fight fresh either.

He did do more damage with his bare hands...The power gem was blocked. I guess you could argue the punch at the end which he combined with the power gem did a lot of damage.

This is getting off track. From the start I was only saying Thanos used the gems meaning Iron Man's being more versatile than Hulk is a null argument, as Thanos used more versatility against Iron Man.

It doesn't matter because thanos didn't use his versatility other than to use different methods of brute force. Iron man used his versatility to expose thanos to his combo.Your also taking sections from the parts where thanos was dealing with the teams combinations rather than just looking at the portion of the fight where everyone except iron man was down. The Russos even said that scene in particularly was to show iron man and thanos fighting one on one.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

I'm siding with hulk. I feel like the reason he was taken out of the movie was because thanos was the only one who could beat him and go toe to toe with him. While Tony did do better against thanos I don't think that proves iron mans dominance as neither did much to thanos. The difference being is Tony had more to offer than strength and durability whereas that is all hulk had to offer, so since thanos was both stronger and more skilled than hulk this allowed him to steam roll hulk. Tony's versatility allowed him to land the combo he landed, but overall he only go a drop of blood from thanos which isn't much.

I don't think Tony is a peer to Thor in terms of strength or power. The hulk has gone toe to toe with Thor on two occasions. I don't see Tony as that powerful or being able to drop the hulk.

This is absolutely right. I find it odd that people think otherwise. Tony could stall Banner, dance around for a while, but he's not putting down the jade giant.

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking:

Thanos dodged several of Hulk's attacks. The other several attacks were flat out tanked and deflected/absorbed by Thanos's armor. And The remainder of the attacks were blocked and slapped away by Thanos. Hulk only landed one single punch on Thanos's exposed flesh and that was on Thanos's lower chin. His lower chin which is solid bone as opposed to his soft skinned upper cheek. And that was just one punch from Hulk that he landed.

Thanos's armor was so durable it took repeated attacks from hulk and Thor without a single blemish or scratch. Thanos only took the armor off until after he had contained thor and beaten down Hulk, and killed Heimdall. And he used a forcefield to block loki's dagger. So your attempts to lowball Thanos's armor and low-ball Thor and Hulk aren't working. I don't know if you're being intentionally ignorant or just trying to troll, but in what world does wearing armor on someone mean you tanked their hits? If I wear a solid suit of steel armor and no sell attacks from gunfire, but then I take the armor and helmet off, and a few punches from someone puts a drop of blood on my cheek, does that mean their punches hit harder than the bullets my armor deflected or absorbed? Hell no! And Thanos's armor obviously wasn't some golden decoration piece, it was abundantly obvious his armor was a special super powerful type of golden space armor more durable than Vibranium seeing as how the armor took repeated attacks from an entire Asgardian army, Thor and hulk, yet didn't have a single blemish on it. Does Ironman armor blocking a bullet mean tony stark is now bulletproof? No, that's nonsense. Thanos's armor isn't for show, it's a super strong and a super tough armor that takes hits from hulk level people without a scratch. had Thanos been wearing that armor against Ironman, Ironman wouldn't have inflicted even a molecule of blood on him. Had Thanos not been wearing armor against hulk you can bet your ass hulk would have inflicted ten drops of blood on Thanos as opposed to the single drop of blood Ironman inflicted after tons of hits, extensive amounts of effort and after so many other attacks on an already damaged and weakened thanos. Your argument is like saying if a boxer in the 9th round of a fight gets a cut on his cheek, that just one punch gave him that cut. The argument is ridiculous, you don't understand how damage buildup works, if you have a super durable object or person with no healing factor, repeated strikes against that object or person can eventually cause a small scratch or cut to appear on that object or person. It doesn't mean that last singular hit is what did all The damage or even most of it, that's flat out a ridiculous argument.

Thanos bled because tons of damage from tons of different characters and attacks eventually amounted to a drop of blood on his soft upper cheek.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I disagree with a lot of what you said but I can somewhat see your position. Regardless, Thanos did use versatility against Iron Man. For whatever reason you keep bringing up irrelevant arguments like what would (in your opinion) not work on Hulk when that was never the point. You say Iron Man's versatility allowed him to do better than Hulk but the fact is Thanos has his own versatility to add to his being a better Hulk physically. Like it or not the infinity stone based attacks would have helped wear down the durability of his armor, even if his armor hadn't yet started to break.

Last thing I want to say is that his uses the gems for other methods of blunt force damaged soley is wrong(he blasted Tony with his own explosion and with the power gem) and yet again a moot point. He literally altered reality to make those bats attack Tony, manipulated space to throw those meteors, and(not sure which gem he used) sent back Tony's explosion at him. Those are abilities Hulk doesn't have, and would certainly count as someone using their versatility regardless of if it was primarily used for blunt force attacks.

@thewatcherking:

Thanos dodged several of Hulk's attacks. The other several attacks were flat out tanked and deflected/absorbed by Thanos's armor. And The remainder of the attacks were blocked and slapped away by Thanos. Hulk only landed one single punch on Thanos's exposed flesh and that was on Thanos's lower chin. His lower chin which is solid bone as opposed to his soft skinned upper cheek. And that was just one punch from Hulk that he landed.

Thanos's armor was so durable it took repeated attacks from hulk and Thor without a single blemish or scratch. Thanos only took the armor off until after he had contained thor and beaten down Hulk, and killed Heimdall. And he used a forcefield to block loki's dagger. So your attempts to lowball Thanos's armor and low-ball Thor and Hulk aren't working. I don't know if you're being intentionally ignorant or just trying to troll, but in what world does wearing armor on someone mean you tanked their hits? If I wear a solid suit of steel armor and no sell attacks from gunfire, but then I take the armor and helmet off, and a few punches from someone puts a drop of blood on my cheek, does that mean their punches hit harder than the bullets my armor deflected or absorbed? Hell no! And Thanos's armor obviously wasn't some golden decoration piece, it was abundantly obvious his armor was a special super powerful type of golden space armor more durable than Vibranium seeing as how the armor took repeated attacks from an entire Asgardian army, Thor and hulk, yet didn't have a single blemish on it. Does Ironman armor blocking a bullet mean tony stark is now bulletproof? No, that's nonsense. Thanos's armor isn't for show, it's a super strong and a super tough armor that takes hits from hulk level people without a scratch. had Thanos been wearing that armor against Ironman, Ironman wouldn't have inflicted even a molecule of blood on him. Had Thanos not been wearing armor against hulk you can bet your ass hulk would have inflicted ten drops of blood on Thanos as opposed to the single drop of blood Ironman inflicted after tons of hits, extensive amounts of effort and after so many other attacks on an already damaged and weakened thanos. Your argument is like saying if a boxer in the 9th round of a fight gets a cut on his cheek, that just one punch gave him that cut. The argument is ridiculous, you don't understand how damage buildup works, if you have a super durable object or person with no healing factor, repeated strikes against that object or person can eventually cause a small scratch or cut to appear on that object or person. It doesn't mean that last singular hit is what did all The damage or even most of it, that's flat out a ridiculous argument.

Thanos bled because tons of damage from tons of different characters and attacks eventually amounted to a drop of blood on his soft upper cheek.

I have no interest in debating this further but I never said anything about Thanos' armor, so I don't see why you're "countering" things I never said.

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

How has hulk been weak? He lost to thanos in infinity war but I don' think the idea was for hulk to be weak, but more so to establish thanos. In Ragnarok it was said he was the strongest avenger, he was winning against Thor before unlocked his true power IIRC, and there is the Surtur feat.

Hulk isn't weak, he is the strongest/toughest avenger besides Thor. But the idea tthat hulk was winning is incorrect. Thor didn't have any cosmetic damage on him when Hulk was beating down on him. You're ignoring the fact that in the beginning of the fight, when Thor smashed Hulk with the huge hammer hit, that actually hurt Hulk significantly. He was dazed for like 15 seconds and he was kind of stuck in the rubble. Thor had the choice to just wack him in the head right there and end the fight right at that spot, but instead Thor chose to hold back and give Hulk his hand in an effort to offer truce. So before Thor unlocked his lightning power, he actually already had the upper hand on Hulk earlier on in the fight after that big hammer hit. That fight did show that Thor's overall toughness was significantly greater than hulk's, while Hulk was getting noticeably more hurt from all of thor's hits.

It also wasn't stated Hulk was the strongest avenger, that was something tony stark/Ironman said, it's a character statement and not a narrator statement.

Ironman and Tony Stark has fought hulk and measured Hulk's strength, he has also worked with Bruce Banner to establish where hulk's strength is at.

Ironman has never fought with Thor, never had an extended fight with Thor or measured his strength. And in Avengers 1 Thor broke out of the container meant to contain the Hulk. IIRC Thor just jumped through that container and it was built by Tony Stark. So either Thor is stronger than Hulk flat out based on breaking out of that container, or stark doesn't know how to measure Hulk's strength. Either way a statement from Tony doesn't mean much since he never measuredTthor's strength the way he did Hulk's Also, some of hulks feats like the leviathan feat and the surtur feat are more to do with his mass and strength combined than just strength. Like if thor replaced him in the leviathan scene in avengers 1, he would hurt the leviathan just as much if not more, however due to thor being the size of a regular tall dude, he wouldn't stop the leviathans momentum the way hulk did. The surtur feat I don't understand how that is a feat for anyone, hulk only made him move because he landed a really long bodyslam on him. After that hulk was constantly hulk smashing on top of surtur which did literally no damage to surtur then surtur just casually tossed him off.

Hulk's strength wasn't even a factor in that feat, we saw when hulk was actually using his strength and punching and smashing surtur, it was doing nothing, wasn't even moving him.

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking:

Harder than a power gem enhanced punch? Even if they were it's important to note that Iron Man is strong enough to hurt Hulk since he made Thanos bleed.

Thanos was wearing an invincible golden helmet and body armor which absorbed all of hulks punches. Had he not been wearing armor he would have been bloodied much more than ironman bloodied him. There's a reason thanos only took the armor off after he had beaten down hulk and contained thor. And he then used a shield to block lokis dagger. And he then made hulkbuster phase through him in the end instead of tanking his hits outright. It's abundantly obvious that punches from hulk, thor and hulkbuster would hurt thanos more than punches or attacks from ironman would.

And the directors literally already stated in their commentary that the drop of blood thanos got on him in the ironman fight, wasnt ironmans doing alone. they literally said that when thanos says "all that for a drop of blood", that drop of blood actually got on thanos as a COMBINED result of ALL the attacks and damage EVERY character had done to thanos in the entire movie up until that point. so this includes all the damage ironman, drax, spiderman, starlord, nebula, strange, gamora, the missiles ironman slammed him with, the building ironman slammed on thanos, the multiple times ironman tried cutting thanos on the cheek.

thanos doesnt have a healing factor, he died and had to revive himself using the infinity gauntlet when thor stabed him in the chest with stormbreaker. and he still had that drop of blood on him when he appeared in wakanda later on.

@thewatcherking

Power gem enhanced punches are irrelevant, power gem attacks aren't measurable unless we can measure them like when thanos busted the asgardian ship using a power gem attack.

I don't think Iron Man's versatility was as helpful as you think. Iron Man used missiles but they didn't hurt thanos, he tried to stab Thanos and failed twice.

every attack hurt thanos, every attack did some very small minor amount of damage to thanos, eventually all that small minor damage done to thanos over the course of the entire film, all added up to just one drop of blood on his cheek.

Thanos did use the infinity gems to play with them and torture them. If he wanted to kill them he would choke them as he did loki. again the directors literally said thanos held back on everyone after the asgard fight. and we know he didn't want to kill anyone on titan because he needed to keep them all alive to get the time gem. thats why he teleported moon chunks and threw them at them instead of oneshotting them all or torturing them with the reality gem or individually choking each of them. also thanos is a brick. all of the characters on titan were evasive characters who could dodge attacks. thanos using the gems on them does not mean at all the gems are more powerful, the thing is thanos is slow and musclebound, it would take him forever to physically tag and kill all the characters there so obviously he is gonna use the gems, at the same time he obviously didn't want to blow up everyone or the whole planet the way he did to the asgardian ship with the power gem.

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642

Just a lil tidbit to chime in, but The directors I believe confirmed Thanos held back the entire time on Titan and that the only time in the film he didn’t was in the opening against Hulk.

The directors said thanos didn't hold back on thor, hulk, loki or heimdall. he was a merciless killer for the entire duration of the asgardian ship battle. that was why he easily killed everyone on there. they said he started holding back and purposely drawing out fights after that asgard ship battle.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Iron Man.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking:

I disagree with a lot of what you said but I can somewhat see your position. Regardless, Thanos did use versatility against Iron Man. For whatever reason you keep bringing up irrelevant arguments like what would (in your opinion) not work on Hulk when that was never the point. You say Iron Man's versatility allowed him to do better than Hulk but the fact is Thanos has his own versatility to add to his being a better Hulk physically. Like it or not the infinity stone based attacks would have helped wear down the durability of his armor, even if his armor hadn't yet started to break.

Your acting as if it balances out but it doesn't. Just because thanos had more options doesn't matter because he didn't use them in a way which would be game changing against hulk.

Last thing I want to say is that his uses the gems for other methods of blunt force damaged soley is wrong(he blasted Tony with his own explosion and with the power gem) and yet again a moot point. He literally altered reality to make those bats attack Tony, manipulated space to throw those meteors, and(not sure which gem he used) sent back Tony's explosion at him.

Those are just blunt force based attacks.

Those are abilities Hulk doesn't have, and would certainly count as someone using their versatility regardless of if it was primarily used for blunt force attacks.

Yea hulk doesn't have those abilities but again so what? Why would he need those abilities?

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@jashro44:

You're acting as if it balances out but it doesn't. Just because thanos had more options doesn't matter because he didn't use them in a way which would be game changing against hulk.

It actually does, while you're highly underrating the power of the infinity gems it doesn't matter. The whole reason we're discussing this is because TDB brought up one of your points of Iron Man being more versatile than Hulk as justification for him doing better against Thanos. But this doesn't matter since Thanos got more gems since his fight with Hulk(making him more versatile) and actually used his versatility. IM's being more versatile than Hulk shouldn't matter since Thanos is too, and actually used it against Iron Man.

Your opinion that Thanos using the infinity stones against Hulk(that he used against Tony) would have done nothing isn't relevant and not what I was arguing at all.

Those are just blunt force based attacks.

Energy blasts via power gem and concentrated explosions aren't blunt foece attacks, but yet again, even if they were that doesn't matter. This point isn't relevant and has been addressed already.

Yea hulk doesn't have those abilities but again so what? Why would he need those abilities?

I don't think you're getting it. It was never my intention to argue Hulk vs Iron Man with you, I was doing that with TDB. I was addressing your point in Tony being more versatile than Hulk allowing for his performance to be better against Thanos (that TDB used). Hulk needing those abilities or not wasn't my point, again, my point is that Iron Man being more versatile than Hulk is not a good argument(or even a valid one) since Thanos gotten more versatile since his fight with Hulk and used that versatility. Unless we're saying that Tony's versatility was better than Thanos' then I don't see why it wouldn't balance it out.

I don't have anything further to say to this, all of what I needed to say has been said.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By jashro44

@thewatcherking:

It actually does, while you're highly underrating the power of the infinity gems it doesn't matter. The whole reason we're discussing this is because TDB brought up one of your points of Iron Man being more versatile than Hulk as justification for him doing better against Thanos. But this doesn't matter since Thanos got more gems since his fight with Hulk(making him more versatile) and actually used his versatility. IM's being more versatile than Hulk shouldn't matter since Thanos is too, and actually used it against Iron Man.

Iron man also didn't fight thanos one on one in the examples your using. The reality is the gems never negated iron mans versatility or the difference in style between him and hulk.

Your opinion that Thanos using the infinity stones against Hulk(that he used against Tony) would have done nothing isn't relevant and not what I was arguing at all.

It is relevant because your claiming the fact thanos had the stones means that it negates the argument iron man did better due to versatility. I am saying your argument is wrong.

Energy blasts via power gem and concentrated explosions aren't blunt foece attacks, but yet again, even if they were that doesn't matter. This point isn't relevant and has been addressed already.

The power gem blasts haven't shown to be more than concussive force. The explosion contains heat as well as concussive force but I wouldn't expect fire to take out iron man.

I don't think you're getting it. It was never my intention to argue Hulk vs Iron Man with you, I was doing that with TDB. I was addressing your point in Tony being more versatile than Hulk allowing for his performance to be better against Thanos (that TDB used). Hulk needing those abilities or not wasn't my point, again, my point is that Iron Man being more versatile than Hulk is not a good argument(or even a valid one) since Thanos gotten more versatile since his fight with Hulk and used that versatility. Unless we're saying that Tony's versatility was better than Thanos' then I don't see why it wouldn't balance it out.

As I said I understand your point. I am saying your argument doesn't counter mine. It doesn't matter if thanos had access to more versatility considering the manner in which he used the stones. He obviously could have stomped iron man any time he wanted if he used the extent of the gems powers.

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: "We hear thanos grunting in pain as hulk punches him"

That doesn't mean much. Thanos grunts at everything he does. He always makes some sort of sound wether he's hitting someone or he's getting hit. It's just how he fights.

"The fact thanos chose to use his skill on hulk is actually quite telling as I don't think thanos made an effort to dodge anyone else's attacks in the film."

Eh. The way I see it is this: Thanos will not use his skill on people smaller than him because he's so powerful where he can just send them flying with one punch. He can't do that with Hulk so he will just start breaking him down technically. He fights people differently when they are the same size as him which is actually quite smart.

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganstaz003: "Thanos was wearing an invincible golden helmet and body armor which absorbed all of hulks punches. Had he not been wearing armor he would have been bloodied much more than ironman bloodied him. There's a reason thanos only took the armor off after he had beaten down hulk and contained thor."

He took his armor off because he's now on a holy mission. The directors have explained this. And no he wouldn't have been bloodied by Hulk's punches. I mean, do people not understand that Iron Man cutting Hulk was an aesthetic?

" It's abundantly obvious that punches from hulk, thor"

Thor? Thanos tanked Stormbreaker's lighting in IW, wtf are his basic ass punches gonna do? Tickle Thanos?

Turr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Turr

Hulk became a jobber in MCU long time ago. He was cornered by chitauri shooting at him, brainwashed by Wanda, KO'd by Hulkbuster, defeated by Ragnarok Thor, and stomped by base Thanos.

Hulks only notable fights are against Fenrir and Abomination. Two guys who never fought anyone besides him so we have no way to scale them.

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IW iron man may win..he was hitting harder than hulk considering that hulk's punches barely moved Thanos while Tony stark actually pushed the mad titan back..

However iron man's durability is nowhere near hulk normally but in infinity war hulk got knocked out in 15 seconds...

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man fought better against Thanos than Hulk ever did

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iron man b/c rematch

Fictional_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron man takes it

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Erkan12

Btw, Hulk fought a more durable Thanos. He removed his armor after requiring the space stone.

No Caption Provided

So comparing the punches over an armored Thanos and and a base Thanos wouldn't be accurate.

Still, Tony should win due to versatility and flight.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That feeling when armor which doesn't even block 50% of your face makes iron man's punch to Thanos useless. That feeling when Tony wanting Banner to fight Cull proves that he's superior. Amazing arguments here. Absolutely great. I'll go with the guy that tanked and instantly repaired himself from hits by Thanos AND withstood the infinity stones too (including the asteroid). I know it's always supposed to be Hulk > Iron Man, but we go off of feats instead of wishes.

Adriusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man wins. A weaker Hulkbuster from AoU alone equaled angry Hulk’s striking power. The fact that Hulkbuster did not do shit to Cull other than resorting to trickery. The fact that Iron Man momentarilly stunned Cull briefly for 3-4 seconds. Hulk literally isn’t powerful enough to even dent an armor which tanked a thousand ton meteor slamming on the guy at re-entry speeds.

Like Hulk is gonna aim for Thanos’ helmet instead of face derp. Even if Hulk’s aim is stupid enough not to strike against face-exposed purple face, there is still the purple guy tanking continuous Stormbreaker lightning for a period of time. It’s not like Thanos’ durability becomes less impressive just because the rest of Avengers and Guardians attack him throughout the fight. He made Thanos bleed. Deal with it.

Logic these days:

Hulk > Iron Man, because he is “HULK (SMASH!!!!)”.

Comic Hulk always > Comic Iron Man, therefore MCU Hulk always > MCU Iron Man

m_u_s_883311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony wins.

The Hulk was a chewtoy to base Thanos while IM held his own against Thanos with more than half of the ISs.

based on IW? Bruce was a human almost throughout; but if Hulk VS Thanos than tony will stomp.

No Caption Provided

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adriusus: how does Tony take out Hulk? If you look at the Thanos vs Hulk fight and the Thanos vs Tony fight, Hulk tanked more hits from Thanos than Tony did, Tony just had flashy stuff that he used to prolong the fight, if both Tony and Hulk stand still and have to tank Thanos punches, Hulk will be the last man standing before getting stomped again

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adriusus: there's also he fact that Thanos ripped of Tonys mask like a piece of cardboard

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
DeutschKurzhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk still would win this, for all the people saying he would win like thanos did sure he beat him in a couple seconds but hulk did hurt him pretty good, iron man just can’t replicate how thanos beat him

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By karanrasquinha

Bleeding edge IM stomps

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkbiscuit: Mate thanos didn't use the power stone to KO hulk, not only have the Russo brothers confirmed it but he didn't clench his fist to do so...he casually beat hulk

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Siding with Hulk. I'd give an argument, but I'm already CaVing this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: u have nice cav but to be honest i need see feats from endgame. Hulk needs more impressive feats to convince me he xan beat iron man. Professor hulk should be strong

greenroost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers