MCU Rematch: Iron Man vs Hulk

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By WhyZoSerious

When you see "MCU" Iron man, that means it's all clear and simple. He wins. MCU Iron man does not lose. He fought Thor with one of his regular suit and Thor couldn't put him down for more than 3 minutes. Then he fought Hulk and smashed him. He fought Ultron. He was also destroying Cap and Bucky 2v1 with damaged suit. Now he fought Thanos 1v1 in a very chivalrous way, so...

TricksandToys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When you see "MCU" Iron man, that means it's all clear and simple. He wins. MCU Iron man does not lose. He fought Thor with one of his regular suit and Thor couldn't put him down for more than 3 minutes. Then he fought Hulk and smashed him. He fought Ultron. He was also destroying Cap and Bucky 2v1 with damaged suit. Now he fought Thanos 1v1 in a very chivalrous way, so...

Thor crushed his arm with his bare hands. He used the same method which he would later use to fight Cull- bullrushing and flying around. Anyways, I get your point.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 morpheus_  Moderator

There is a surreality in Iron Man being the favorite against the Hulk, but the IW version seems to have the edge. I'm not sold on Tony's ability to keep the Hulk down, though.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony melts him like he was melting the Infinity Gauntlet.

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By omriamar

Hulk berly

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Rebake

See, but he did lose..........against the guys in your last two sentences...

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony takes him

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All these posts using Thor and Cap as excuses to why Thanos can't be used as a measuring stick is pure bullsh*t.

We don't know if Thanos beat Thor himself. He had a city sized ship, an army and a bunch of mid-high tier henchmen. For all we know he could have blasted Thor from space using his ship and have the Black Order finish him off.

Cap was casually one-punched by Thanos. So was suited up Panther. Hulk took at least a dozen punches. It scales up perfectly.

Finally, all the crap Iron Man tanked in New York and then on Titan puts his durability at least on par with Hulk, if not higher.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk stomps

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#60 k4tzm4n  Moderator

I see a lot of talk about Iron Man vs Thanos but it’s important to remember that Tony needed to be saved against Obsidian.

I think Tony has the potential to win but it would be an incredibly hard fought battle.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61 krisbishop  Moderator

Iron Man actually gets my vote.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they lowballed hulk badly to show hype for Thanos.

If we use pre infinity war feats i dont see why hulk doesnt body him.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

I still don’t understand how people can reasonably believe that Tony could legitimately beat Hulk. His Hulkbuster had 11 power cores IIRC and it still couldn’t beat hulk without lots of context that isn’t applicable in a battle forum fight as well as multiple repairs.

Yes, Tony did well against Thanos. Important narrative context is that Hulk was used to big Thanos up, Tony was in the last ditch effort fight, and Thanos fought him MUCH more efficiently than he fought Tony.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Tony . Hulk was a joke in this movie. He lasted longer an put up a better fight than the Hulk. I guess in part 2 Hulk will get his chance to shine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8ef873698e
deactivated-5cc8ef873698e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Tony has a better chance.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony wins.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I still don’t understand how people can reasonably believe that Tony could legitimately beat Hulk. His Hulkbuster had 11 power cores IIRC and it still couldn’t beat hulk without lots of context that isn’t applicable in a battle forum fight as well as multiple repairs.

Yes, Tony did well against Thanos. Important narrative context is that Hulk was used to big Thanos up, Tony was in the last ditch effort fight, and Thanos fought him MUCH more efficiently than he fought Tony.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Emanresu_20

What is stopping Stark from cutting off the Hulks head? He literally put the beat down on Thanos, who is basically Hulk + Kung Fu, for a few moments.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk pussies out

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk gets Ko'ed... again.

Avatar image for don_higashikata
Don_Higashikata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People you have to remember this is a movie, not a real life documentation of events

Seeing Hulk "strongest Avenger" get his ass whooped in the first five minutes quickly asserts Thanos's physical threat. However, if, as the movie went on, everyone kept losing to him it would be boring

Cool fight scenes >> powerscaling in terms of importance for filmmakers

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At first I thought Iron Man was being exaggerated but on rewatch I'm actually thinking Iron Man will win this.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see Tony potentially... restraining hulk, if anything. Doubt that just because he fought thanos well means he can strike hard enough to ko hulk. The blade will only cut skin Deep. But boy does his tech have good strength feats

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like that it's a debate for most people here and so many people think IW Tony would spank Pre-BvS Clark.

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I take back my statement. I say Iron man stomps MCU Hulk. Hulk has no advantages over him and we've seen Hulk Ko'd or nearly Ko'd easily enough multiple times.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Tony, rather comfortably too.

Thanos toyed with the Hulk without the use of any stones. Tony made a 4 stone Thanos bleed.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hulk wins. People are saying Tony stomps because he gave Thanos a cut?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By kgb725

@anthp2000 said:

Tony, rather comfortably too.

Thanos toyed with the Hulk without the use of any stones. Tony made a 4 stone Thanos bleed.

That's not even impressive. Especially when you consider he didnt use 1 stone to kill or to amp his durability

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if you ignore their respective confrontations against Thanos, Tony is still on the same tier. The shit he tanked throughout Infinity War is EASILY on par with Hulk's very best durability feats, and his repulsors and physical strength have also gotten huge upgrades

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk barely scraps out a win.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Worldofthunder

Hulk shreds the suit to pieces. He couldn't do anything to Cull, let alone Hulk. Using Thanos as a measuring stick to his power is faulty when Tony didn't really do anything to Thanos to begin with... other than get badly rag-dolled and made fun of by Thanos who in comparison put in effort to take out Hulk with clear visible struggle when trying to overpower Hulk with raw strenght.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Another Hulkbuster fight means Hulk is put down again

Nyhybrid89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bleeding edge armor is too much for Bruce.

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So people really think Thanos didn't use the Power Stone to beat Thor?

LOL

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By xzone

@laiks stake: He didn’t need it for hulk.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man gets the Loki treatment.

Jagerzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People really think Ironman is beating Hulk? L M A O

Hulk is literally the only person Thanos went all out on throughout the entire movie so you can't use ABC logic to determine who's stronger, especially when Thanos is the jobbing Titan too. I love how he can crush the tesseract but repeatedly gets his arms and hands held open by shit like a piece of cloth or webbing or is Spiderman hulk tier now since he can stop attacks from the alleged Hulk level Cull Obsidian?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

"Hulk is literally the only person Thanos went all out on throughout the entire movie"

"Let him have his fun" - Ebony Maw on Thanos' beatdown of the Hulk.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk tears him apart

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man. Hulk's only real advantage is raw lifting strength IMO.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

Really, you think so? I feel like Iron Man doesn't really have an answer to Hulk just pounding on him like he did Thor in Ragnarok

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:
@amcu said:

Really, you think so? I feel like Iron Man doesn't really have an answer to Hulk just pounding on him like he did Thor in Ragnarok

Iron Man is stronger than Thor(or at least than Thor was there). He has far greater versatility as well and a limited healing factor. Most importantly he has higher striking than Thor did without lightning. Thanos is just a much better version of Hulk IMO. If Iron Man uses the same attacks he did on Thanos than its going to do a lot more to Hulk.

His durability feats are really good too. The meteor along with Cull's strike are pretty significant. I think he can eat a lot of Hulk's regular strikes. He'd only really put Stark in a very bad position quickly if he used that move he did on Surtur. That would mess up the suit. But I doubt that will happen.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu:

Iron Man is stronger than Thor(or at least than Thor was there).

I'm pretty sure Thor was massively weakened from being beat up at that point in time. And Tony only hit harder through a combo he can't pull off in most fights.

He has far greater versatility as well and a limited healing factor.

I don't think his versatility can do a hole lot to Hulk. The only reason he tagged Cull with the repulsors was because Cull was slowly walking forward. Compare that to Hulk's run or how he leaped at Thor in Ragnarok. Iron Man is just completely outmatched in strength and I can't imagine Ironman withstanding this

No Caption Provided

That's like Thanos's beating to me, except the constant pounding from that angle would hit maybe harder and would destroy the armor faster.

Most importantly he has higher striking than Thor did without lightning.

I don't see that tbh

Thanos is just a much better version of Hulk IMO. If Iron Man uses the same attacks he did on Thanos than its going to do a lot more to Hulk.

They're different in certain ways tho. Hulk is far more likely to abuse his speed and especially leaping as well as manhandle Iron Man with raw strength, something Hulk wouldn't do. I would also add that if Thanos fought Iron Man the way he fought Hulk, Iron Man would be dead in seconds, instead he stalled, allowed Iron Man to fly, etc. Something that gives him more of an advantage then just grapping him and pounding on him like Hulk would

His durability feats are really good too. The meteor along with Cull's strike are pretty significant. I think he can eat a lot of Hulk's regular strikes. He'd only really put Stark in a very bad position quickly if he used that move he did on Surtur. That would mess up the suit. But I doubt that will happen.

His durability feats are good, but I don't think they are good enough to take a barrage of hits from Hulk. Feats like sending Ultron flying and the Leviathan punch are very impressive imo, much more so then Iron Man's durability feats.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@kevd4wg: The only differences I can think between Thanos and the Hulk is that the former is far more skilled, not mindless and physically superior. He gave Banner a much worse beatdown beacuse he could, IIRC the Russos stated that he was not holding back against Tony because he considered him a real threat to his plan. Tony just didn't allow him to lay such a beatdown.

And the hulk punched him repeatedly and didn't make him bleed. Tony did.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000 said:

@kevd4wg: The only differences I can think between Thanos and the Hulk is that the former is far more skilled, not mindless and physically superior. He gave Banner a much worse beatdown beacuse he could, IIRC the Russos stated that he was not holding back against Tony because he considered him a real threat to his plan. Tony just didn't allow him to lay such a beatdown.

And the hulk punched him repeatedly and didn't make him bleed. Tony did.

I don't think so. I mean, Thanos is for sure stronger, more durable, and more skilled then Hulk, but he lacks the leaps that can make Hulk so formidable. Just one kick or punch like this is going to put Iron man way off balance

Then if you factor in that unlike Thanos, Hulk can leap on to his opponents for a blitz of sort(think Surtur, Thor). There's no reason he can't do the same to Iron Man and just start tearing him to pieces. Iron Man may be good at range, but if he engages in CQC, he's going to get torn apart. As for making Thanos bleed, that was with a very specific maneuver that he can't just replicate in any fight, plus that's all it did, make Thanos bleed a little.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm siding with hulk. I feel like the reason he was taken out of the movie was because thanos was the only one who could beat him and go toe to toe with him. While Tony did do better against thanos I don't think that proves iron mans dominance as neither did much to thanos. The difference being is Tony had more to offer than strength and durability whereas that is all hulk had to offer, so since thanos was both stronger and more skilled than hulk this allowed him to steam roll hulk. Tony's versatility allowed him to land the combo he landed, but overall he only go a drop of blood from thanos which isn't much.

I don't think Tony is a peer to Thor in terms of strength or power. The hulk has gone toe to toe with Thor on two occasions. I don't see Tony as that powerful or being able to drop the hulk.