• 189 results
#1 Posted by The_Kidd (11411 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Version of Characters

Bloodlusted

Win by Any Means

Fights on Titan

#2 Edited by SocaJunkie (7886 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony could actually pull it off. Hulk got stomped by Thanos in about 10 seconds in h2h.

Tony lasted longer and drew blood agaisnt a Thanos using four stones.

#3 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (2779 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man wins this, which is crazy to me.

#4 Posted by Thedailybagel (12564 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk still batters him.

In all seriousness Infinity war was all over the place with power levels, Thor was beaten just as bad but we just didn’t see the fight, only the aftermath where Thanos was totally unharmed. Tony isn’t better than post ragnarok Thor or Hulk, everyone took punches from Thanos in that movie including Spider-Man.

The hulk fight was just used to set the precedent of how powerful Thanos was.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
#6 Posted by FirestormFate1919 (6194 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk still batters him.

In all seriousness Infinity war was all over the place with power levels, Thor was beaten just as bad but we just didn’t see the fight, only the aftermath where Thanos was totally unharmed. Tony isn’t better than post ragnarok Thor or Hulk, everyone took punches from Thanos in that movie including Spider-Man.

Yeah, this is definitely the reality. If we're scaling purely off of Thanos, then Cap and War Machine also did about as well as Hulk against a Thanos with many more Stones. He was incredible as a villain, but his powerlevels were all over the place.

If we take both their raw feats, this remains Hulk's fight to win.

#7 Posted by g2_ (11209 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man has this.

#8 Posted by HATSoffMELO (2555 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man stomps

Avatar image for franklinbrichard
#9 Edited by FranklinBRichard (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Nano-tech is OP. IM wins.

#10 Posted by Amcu (15462 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#11 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (14381 posts) - - Show Bio

Stark

#12 Posted by Direflash (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel:

There was also the whole team of Black Order on that ship when they occypied it. So Thor went against all them at the same time also, so its kind of overkill. The opening scene was kind of obscure to be honest, like was Hulk part of the first fight at all?

#13 Posted by IAmTheLaw (720 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a reason they didn't use Hulk in the first fight against Maw. It's because he'd have killed him. Also, the storyline... Let's not forget that it was not long before this movie that Hulk staggered Surtur. Hulk also fought Thanos purely with physicals. Loki wasn't concerned because they had a Hulk, despite the fact that Thanos and company had completely obliterated the Asgardians.

So what I'm saying is, Hulk smashes Tony.

#14 Posted by thehunter (3357 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk jobbing was used as a tool to hype up Thanos. That said, I can't confidently say he's still that superior to Tony though.. Honestly don't see him being inferior to anyone other than Wanda, Strange and Thor though, so idk.

#15 Posted by Butan (87 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Hulk, he will be able to outlast Tony.

#16 Edited by Alavanka (1981 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, Thanos is Hulk level physicals and pro-boxing skills basically. I'm sure Tony can hang with Hulk now. I think many people are underestimating the bleeding edge armour. I find it more impressive than the Hulkbuster in this movie.

But I don't think Iron Man can knock Hulk out, no. So Hulk would eventually win.

#17 Posted by MUVDCU (884 posts) - - Show Bio

@franklinbrichard: You might as well Call it the Bleeding Edge armor as that's way cooler than Nanotech and it's also what his Nano tech armor is called lol.

#18 Posted by AtmExle (377 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk would win in a hard fight

#19 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a tough call. On the one hand you would think Hulk would be superior, but then you remember that Hulk was afraid to come out for the entire movie after being stomped in seconds by Thanos. Then you also remember that Iron Man had a large building sized shard of a moon thrown on him by Thanos and he got right back up. I honestly believe(until the next movie) that Iron Man has a decent chance here.

Avatar image for originalcaptain
#20 Posted by OriginalCaptain (4614 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony stomps.

#21 Posted by GeorgeWBush (11132 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony did better against Thanos than Hulk did

Its pretty clear cut who wins, Hulk can't damage his armor

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
#22 Posted by americanspeeddemon (6939 posts) - - Show Bio

I rank them pretty close though Ironman might edge it out after a brutal battle due to his versatility.

#23 Posted by TricksandToys (470 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk wins. Not a stomp but FTW.

Thanos was toying with Tony until he got serious. When he did, he was shattering his armour with each blow. Thanos wasn't as unpredictable to Tony as the Hulk was in AOU.

In a long fight, Hulk will be the one who comes out alive.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#24 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6254 posts) - - Show Bio

@tricksandtoys said:

Thanos was toying with Tony until he got serious. When he did, he was shattering his armour with each blow. Thanos wasn't as unpredictable to Tony as the Hulk was in AOU.

TBH, even after he stopped toying with Tony he wasn't fighting seriously and was still holding back. He wanted to hurt Tony, not kill him, so he could convince Strange to give him the time stone.

#25 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@tricksandtoys said:

TBH, even after he stopped toying with Tony he wasn't fighting seriously and was still holding back. He wanted to hurt Tony, not kill him, so he could convince Strange to give him the time stone.

I'm not fully convinced. If he didn't want to kill Tony, why did he stab him through the stomach with his own blade? For most people, that would have killed them. He had no way of knowing that Tony could seal the wound with his nanotech.

#26 Posted by TheMaximus (709 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos was pretty much just getting hit with everything they had. As soon as it got personal between thanos and stark he quickly dismantled stark and nearly killed him. Hulk still beats stark.

#27 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6254 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79 said:
@blackspidey2099 said:

@tricksandtoys said:

I'm not fully convinced. If he didn't want to kill Tony, why did he stab him through the stomach with his own blade? For most people, that would have killed them. He had no way of knowing that Tony could seal the wound with his nanotech.

If he wanted to kill Tony, he could have stabbed him in the heart rather than stomach. He had the soul stone so he knew what all the heroes could do, I'm pretty sure. Or maybe he thought Strange could heal Tony with magic.

#28 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (3267 posts) - - Show Bio

Nanotech Tony was amazing. Loved it. He would beat the Hulk now, as much as it pains me to say it lol.

#29 Posted by ANTHP2000 (23972 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony wins.

The Hulk was a chewtoy to base Thanos while IM held his own against Thanos with more than half of the ISs.

#30 Edited by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79 said:
@blackspidey2099 said:

@tricksandtoys said:

If he wanted to kill Tony, he could have stabbed him in the heart rather than stomach. He had the soul stone so he knew what all the heroes could do, I'm pretty sure. Or maybe he thought Strange could heal Tony with magic.

Nothing in the movie said anything about giving him the ability to know what they all could do. And a person stabbed by a blade that large in the stomach is going to die 95% of the time even if they get treatment at a hospital right after it happened. Fact is, he used a killing blow, you have no evidence to back up your idea that he didn't want to kill Stark at that time. Beginning of the fight, sure, but when he stabbed him, you don't do that if you don't want to kill.

#31 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6254 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79: Thanos specifically said the Soul Stone "cursed him with knowledge", which is how he knew who all the heroes, like Iron Man, were. Anyways, even if he stopped holding back when he stabbed Tony, he was holding back for the rest of the fight, so none of it is a usable feat for MCU Tony anyways...

#32 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79: Thanos specifically said the Soul Stone "cursed him with knowledge", which is how he knew who all the heroes, like Iron Man, were. Anyways, even if he stopped holding back when he stabbed Tony, he was holding back for the rest of the fight, so none of it is a usable feat for MCU Tony anyways...

Saying "cursed me with knowledge" doesn't translate to "I know everything about everybody in existence". The rest I do agree with though. Simply pointing out, you don't stab someone with a blade that large with no intent to kill.

#33 Posted by theredhood44 (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

@alavanka: feel like thanos fought tony mostly with h2h tbh tho

#34 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6338 posts) - - Show Bio

Very close fight keep going back and forth in my head about who would win. In-universe I think Hulk would eventually win.

#35 Posted by Jestersmiles (9823 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony

#36 Posted by theacidskull (21963 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk still batters him.

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#37 Posted by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

where did Cap do well against Thanos at all. Literally putting all his strength he momentarily stopped Thanos from touching his beautiful beard, Thanos slapped Ko'ed him casually.

#38 Posted by PayneInTheAss (10797 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk eventually

#39 Posted by Cregan_Stark (5117 posts) - - Show Bio

Still going with Hulk

#40 Posted by EjorpSnruteR (802 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Ironman's gadgets and versatility that got him by with Thanos, not physicals. Also, Hulk was able to really move Thanos though, and stuff like that happened very rarely.

Basically, Hulk is the only person Thanos really went in on from almost the get-go, the others were just seen as insignificant (and thus, they got more chances).

I'll say it is a great stalemate as I don't think Ironman can harm Hulk anywhere near like Thanos, but Ironman durability, regen and versatility is keeping him in the fight much longer than he ever could.

#41 Posted by Alavanka (1981 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly, there were some power gem blasts tossed in. IMO Thanos displayed the full extent of his hand to hand against Hulk. He actually showed some moves there. Against everyone else he was basically just throwing haymakers. Like against Captain America, he wasn't even really throwing a punch. It was like a grab or something.

#42 Edited by ANTHP2000 (23972 posts) - - Show Bio

People can't stop loving Hulk tho.

#43 Posted by RL4 (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

The nanotechnology suit really shifts the balance of power in this fight.

If Tony fights like he did against Cull, (flying around and blasting) I doubt he’d accomplish much, but if he fought like he did against Thanos, making weapons, and playing to the suit’s strengths he’s got a great shot and dropping hulk. Especially considering how well he took hits from Thanos, especially when Thanos hit Hulk so hard it broke his will.

He takes this 7.5/10

#44 Posted by sportjames23 (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: This.

Sad how nerfed Hulk was in this movie. Hell, Hulk’s been getting his ass handed to him since Age of Ultron.

#45 Posted by theredhood44 (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

@alavanka said:
@theredhood44 said:

Mostly, there were some power gem blasts tossed in. IMO Thanos displayed the full extent of his hand to hand against Hulk. He actually showed some moves there. Against everyone else he was basically just throwing haymakers. Like against Captain America, he wasn't even really throwing a punch. It was like a grab or something.

Agreed lol, pressure point, neck shot, nose shot, uppercut

#46 Posted by sportjames23 (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

@direflash: That’s what I didn’t understand—why did they wait until Thanos wrecked the place to let the Hulk loose? And where the hell was Valkyrie?

#47 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6254 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79:

Saying "cursed me with knowledge" doesn't translate to "I know everything about everybody in existence". The rest I do agree with though. Simply pointing out, you don't stab someone with a blade that large with no intent to kill.

Fair enough. I saw someone online say that the Soul Stone gave Thanos knowledge about everyone which is why he said that, but it wasn't really clear in the movie. TBH, it wasn't explained what the Soul stone even does, which is why I searched up what it was supposed to do and came to that theory.

#48 Edited by AngelJax (11254 posts) - - Show Bio

Banner admitted to an inferior version of Tony's current suit kicking Hulk's ass already.

#49 Posted by Rebake (3800 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Hulk got nerfed, rather everyone else got stronger. Hulk just got smarter and more experienced. Cap, Iron Man, and Thor all are way stronger now than they were in their first movies. Hulk only got a power upgrade from TIH to TA, then stayed about the same level.

#50 Posted by Darkbiscuit (2201 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos having more stones vs Tony is irrelevant because he didn’t use stones when fighting either if I remember correctly. Throughout the whole film Thanos also only ever tried the minimum, hence why you see Spidey and Tony last longer than Hulk did vs Thanos. Thanos also had armor when he took Hulk’s beating, though I don’t think it would’ve ended differently without it. Hell even Cap lasted longer than Hulk. Thanos didn’t want an extended fight with Hulk for some reason or another. He wasn’t playing games with him, and likely rightly so. Sure he put him down easily, but in those 10 seconds Hulk hurt him more than anybody else did throughout the rest of the film (exaggeration, but that’s the direction I’m going with this).