MCU Rematch: Captain America ( / Endgame) vs Iron Man

#1 Edited by Chronicplane (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

VS.

No Caption Provided

Stipulations:

• In-Character, though serious and determined to win
  • Standard gear (Captain America as pictured above)
  • Pre-IW Iron Man composite, no Hulkbuster
  • Win by KO, Incapitation or Death
  • No prep
  • Fight takes place here, 35 feet from eachother and are visible

Bonus round:

IW/ Endgame Iron Man, other stipulations stay the same

#3 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6380 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno man, Cap was already kicking his ass before, I would fully expect him to win this time.

#4 Posted by Ouroborik (4260 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap wrecks. With Mjolnir he fared better against Thanos than either Thor or Iron Man did. And I think we can all agree that Endgame Thor and Endgame Iron Man would have wiped the floor with pre-IW Iron Man.

Iron Man still gets a few rounds, on the account of Captain America being somewhat of a glass cannon.

#5 Posted by Lan_Fan (18109 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno man, Cap was already kicking his ass before, I would fully expect him to win this time.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#6 Posted by blackspidey2099 (7035 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America with Mjolnir wrecks any version of MCU Iron Man.

#7 Posted by Chronicplane (9510 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Ouroborik (4260 posts) - - Show Bio

@chronicplane: I think IW Iron Man wins, but it's a much fairer fight.

#9 Posted by Lan_Fan (18109 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm, I would actually put IW Iron Man above phase 1 Thor, so I guess Tony would win the bonus round.

#10 Edited by Sicilio2603 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go with Cap, considering the damage he already does with his shield; it would be insane with Mjolnir. The only thing that gives a doubt is if Cap launch a lightning strike on Iron Man, doesn't his armor get powered up? Remember in Avengers 1 when Thor strikes Tony, Jarvis said "power up to 400%". Now, considering Cap can't use lightning for that specific reason, single blows from Mjolnir are super powerful yes, but minus the lightning, his powers are downgraded so he is less powerful against Iron Man.

As for the bonus round, it can go either way I think.

#11 Posted by Crunch5481 (1530 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Captain America, he was very impressive.

#12 Posted by Chronicplane (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else?

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#13 Posted by EternalDarkFury (3391 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh oh.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#14 Edited by IndomitableRegal (17272 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm assuming the point is to give Cap Mjolnir here, right? Cap round 1, Tony round 2.

#15 Posted by Sy8000 (36003 posts) - - Show Bio

Literally depends on whether his durability is boosted. Tony can absorb lightning so Cap has no choice but to get bombed if Tony flies up.

#16 Posted by HitTheAssasin (8758 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man gets dismantled.

#17 Posted by Chronicplane (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ccb2b1a745cd
#18 Posted by deactivated-5ccb2b1a745cd (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatar image for newyorkjetsarecool
#19 Posted by newyorkjetsarecool (621 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man's suit was wack in civil war and he was still beating cap till bucky intervened. Ironman should win comfortably, especially IW ironman

#20 Posted by Rebake (4666 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by Bearderby (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony's MK-47 ultimate armor can put a good fight, way stronger and durable than 46

i'd say 50/50 with mk-47.

mk 49-85 = Tony

#22 Posted by MAZAHS117 (13365 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man ...both rounds

#23 Edited by n_coming (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony both rounds. People need to realize a very important detail about Thanos in IW and in EG: he had the stones in IW. So every matchup is higher in IW than EG. Cap fought Thanos with zero stones, iron man fought him with 4 and survived around the same amount of time. Iron man wins.

This is also the reason why Thor is still stronger than captain marvel. Captain marvel fought Thanos with no stones (because he couldn’t close his fist) but as soon as he got JUST ONE STONE (the power stone) he yeeted her out of the movie. Thor defied all 6 stone and nearly killed him. It’s not close Thor is still the most powerful.

Both Thor and tony were severely out of practice in EG which hurt them even more.

#24 Posted by newyorkjetsarecool (621 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Rebake (4666 posts) - - Show Bio

@newyorkjetsarecool: So you think that suit can take multiple Mjolnir strikes? Mjolnir Cap would destroy normal Cap and Bucky more easily and the Mark 46 straight up gets stomped if it goes against Thanos.

#26 Posted by Rebake (4666 posts) - - Show Bio

@n_coming said:

Tony both rounds. People need to realize a very important detail about Thanos in IW and in EG: he had the stones in IW. So every matchup is higher in IW than EG. Cap fought Thanos with zero stones, iron man fought him with 4 and survived around the same amount of time. Iron man wins.

This is also the reason why Thor is still stronger than captain marvel. Captain marvel fought Thanos with no stones (because he couldn’t close his fist) but as soon as he got JUST ONE STONE (the power stone) he yeeted her out of the movie. Thor defied all 6 stone and nearly killed him. It’s not close Thor is still the most powerful.

Both Thor and tony were severely out of practice in EG which hurt them even more.

You need to realize Thanos only used the power stone against Thanos and had no armor or sword against Iron Man. Impressive, but not as impressive as you're making it out to be. Thanos beat Hulk without using any stones.

#27 Edited by ANTHP2000 (30255 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve.

Iron Man.

#28 Edited by Mister_Stark (1532 posts) - - Show Bio

Both IW and EG Ironman beat Steve.

#29 Posted by Subline (9259 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man both Rounds.

Imo Mark 3 Iron Man would be a fairer fight.

#30 Posted by n_coming (69 posts) - - Show Bio

@rebake: Thanos only used the power stone vs Thanos? What are you staying to say? Also it was confirmed that Thanos used the power stone in his fight vs hulk. Just having it grants you power.

#31 Posted by Rebake (4666 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline: Mark 6 or 7, the Mark 3 would get wrecked from the Mjolnir/shield combo and was before lightning resistance was added to suits (due to Whiplash).

#32 Posted by Subline (9259 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5ccb7595e1a50
#33 Posted by deactivated-5ccb7595e1a50 (139 posts) - - Show Bio

#34 Posted by newyorkjetsarecool (621 posts) - - Show Bio

@rebake: it took multiple strikes in the avengers and that suit was worse, so yeah I do. Also iron mans suit was malfunctioning against cap and Bucky he would’ve ate them at full power

#35 Posted by Tony_Shark (2132 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man both rounds.

Even the lighting is something he's been able to absorb since MK5

Composite feats include him flying Thor into a mountain, surviving the Helicarrier rotor, destroying two leviathans, flying at higher than hypersonic, and being able to fight Cap/Bucky with a bad suit in the worst scenario written for him and still almost win.

IW Iron Man stomps hard.

Thanos struggled to break off some of the granite machines that held him in place. Cap wouldn't survive long.

#36 Posted by PayneInTheAss (12426 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, still Tony

#37 Posted by Floopay (11272 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 is fairly even. A thrown Mjonlir is the biggest fear for Tony in this round, and it could net Cap a win. I don't think Tony can take many blows if they are landed, and Cap is more than skilled enough to land something.

Iron Man round 2. Just too much versatility, and he can attack from multiple angles.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#38 Posted by Chronicplane (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#39 Posted by MattyBoi (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

With bucky's help and when iron man was nerfed and wasnt trying to kill him. I mean that suit got damaged by a car his previous suits no sell missiles

#40 Posted by MattyBoi (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap wrecks. With Mjolnir he fared better against Thanos than either Thor or Iron Man did. And I think we can all agree that Endgame Thor and Endgame Iron Man would have wiped the floor with pre-IW Iron Man.

Iron Man still gets a few rounds, on the account of Captain America being somewhat of a glass cannon.

Actually endgame iron man was nerfed imo he did worst than iw iron man in endgame while 3v1ing a stoneless thanos. he kept up with and made a thanos that had 4 stones bleed

#41 Posted by MattyBoi (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Cap mid/high diff.

2. Iron man stomps if iw

#42 Posted by Rebake (4666 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi: Iron Man was arguably nerfed in only one category, durability. Otherwise, it's just a standard suit with some extra AI tricks. With Mjolnir, Cap has a reliable way to crack open that shell seeing as his most advanced suit ever couldn't stop Mjolnir from knocking out the wearer in one hit.

#43 Posted by cresShadow (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

thor hitting stark with mjolnir by accident KOed stark. how is this a fight?

#44 Edited by MattyBoi (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

@rebake said:

@mattyboi: Iron Man was arguably nerfed in only one category, durability. Otherwise, it's just a standard suit with some extra AI tricks. With Mjolnir, Cap has a reliable way to crack open that shell seeing as his most advanced suit ever couldn't stop Mjolnir from knocking out the wearer in one hit.

Dude even avengers 1 iron man can tank mjolnir, its not taking out iw iron man in one hit. Iw iron man was able to keep up with thanos and tank his hits for a while. Eg iron man couldnt do anything to him in a 3v1.

#46 Posted by InnerSeoul (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Within a minute of picking up Mjolnir for the first time, Cap was putting a serious hurting on Thanos, who had earlier ragdolled Iron Man. I realize we can’t play transitive theory with these battles but still, it is telling. If by the time of this battle Cap had the chance to really put Mjolnir through its paces and really learn how to use it to its full potential, I’d bet he’d wreck any version of Iron Man.

#47 Posted by LyonKnight (173 posts) - - Show Bio