• 85 results
Posted by HATSoffMELO (2555 posts) 11 months, 18 days ago

Poll: MCU Ragnarok Hulk VS MCU Kurse (73 votes)

MCU Ragnarok Hulk 45%
MCU Kurse 55%
  • Hulk after getting tossed by Surter
  • Battle in the Dark World
  • win by Death
Avatar image for supermanforever
#1 Posted by Supermanforever (7893 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought Hulk is superior to kurse. By feats hulk has better feats. By scaling thor had much easier time against hulk than kurse, but imo thor got kinda cought up and beaten.

So scaling says kurse

Feats says hulk. Just matter of opinion.

#2 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk pulverized him

#4 Posted by TheDeathstroke (2925 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk

#5 Posted by Amcu (16282 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse is clearly way stronger than Hulk. He should win unless we NLF Hulk and say that he will get stronger till he is strong enough to win.

#6 Posted by The_Magister (13551 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

Kurse is clearly way stronger than Hulk. He should win unless we NLF Hulk and say that he will get stronger till he is strong enough to win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
#7 Posted by deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk. I refuse to believe Kurse is stronger & superior striking to Banner.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#8 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7518 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk.

#9 Posted by GeorgeWBush (11596 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse

#10 Posted by RBT (27236 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse.

#11 Posted by TorikoWONTDie (1583 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk wins now.

Thor's thrown hammer is also below his charged up hammer strikes, which he never used on kurse.

#12 Posted by foxerdes (9973 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse

#13 Posted by APEX_pretador (19738 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse

#14 Posted by APEX_pretador (19738 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever: kurse backhanding Thor hundreds of meters away is feat

Kurse casually tossing a huge Boulder is a feat

Kurse stomping Thor is a feat

#15 Posted by TonyStark6999 (2283 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#16 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse stomped Thor, Hulk was having difficulty keeping up with Thor

Avatar image for deactivated-5add3922b3476
#17 Posted by deactivated-5add3922b3476 (699 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#18 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15450 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse, this shouldn’t even be debated.

#19 Edited by Mrnoital (7972 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: people have tried to NLF Hulk recently, since Ruffalo said this Hulk is angrier than ever before they tried to say he was stronger than ever before, despite not having the feats of either being stronger or angrier (I refuse to believe that a Hulk that smiles and laughs is angrier than one that doesn't)

Ot: kurse

#20 Posted by Amcu (16282 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital said:

@amcu: people have tried to NLF Hulk recently, since Ruffalo said this Hulk is angrier than ever before they tried to say he was stronger than ever before, despite not having the feats of either being stronger or angrier (I refuse to believe that a Hulk that smiles and laughs is angrier than one that doesn't)

Ot: kurse

Actually I do think he got stronger. I think what he did to Surtur is his best feat. I just disagree with the logic that when he is facing an opponent far stronger than him that he will grow in strength until he reaches them. He's never been shown to do anything like that.

#21 Edited by Mrnoital (7972 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: it looked like he just caught Surtur off guard, a second later Surtur flicked him off like a bug and barely seemed bothered, I think the levisthan was better, but given his lack of feats in this tier, always felt like and out-lier

And yeah he's never shown the ability to get stronger within a single fight

#22 Posted by macleen (3289 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse seems to have the better striking and lifting feats, while Hulk has the better durability and speed. Hulk also has better blunt force durability/ strength than Thor which is why he will fare much better. In the end Hulk wins due to Kurse having no good durability feats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
#23 Posted by deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65 (4972 posts) - - Show Bio

I always pictured Hulk ragdolling Kurse across the terrain, the elf is so slow that he can't stop him.

OT: Kurse via feats.

#24 Posted by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen said:

Kurse seems to have the better striking and lifting feats, while Hulk has the better durability and speed. Hulk also has better blunt force durability/ strength than Thor which is why he will fare much better. In the end Hulk wins due to Kurse having no good durability feats.

#25 Posted by jayc1324 (26421 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse beat the crap out of Thor with ease and casually slapped Mjolnir away. He is far, far superior to both Thor and Hulk. He should stomp

#26 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (3684 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital: He definitely saw Hulk coming he wasn't caught off-guard.

When did ruffalo say Hulk is angrier ?

#27 Posted by ThunderPrince (6940 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

Kurse beat the crap out of Thor with ease and casually slapped Mjolnir away. He is far, far superior to both Thor and Hulk. He should stomp

#28 Posted by Mrnoital (7972 posts) - - Show Bio

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: he said it in an interview

https://www.google.ca/amp/comicbook.com/marvel/amp/2017/07/16/thor-ragnarok-hulk-storyline-mark-ruffalo/

#29 Posted by Amcu (16282 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital said:

@amcu: it looked like he just caught Surtur off guard, a second later Surtur flicked him off like a bug and barely seemed bothered, I think the levisthan was better, but given his lack of feats in this tier, always felt like and out-lier

I actually would disagree with that. He does get stronger. In the Hulk vs Hulkbuster fight he got so much stronger that he one shotted a replacement suit. And in the Hulk vs Abomination fight he seemed to get stronger as well.

#30 Posted by EjorpSnruteR (843 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse gets bodied.

#31 Edited by EjorpSnruteR (843 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:
@mrnoital said:

I actually would disagree with that. He does get stronger. In the Hulk vs Hulkbuster fight he got so much stronger that he one shotted a replacement suit. And in the Hulk vs Abomination fight he seemed to get stronger as well.

He also got evidently stronger in the Thor vs. Hulk in Ragnarok when he caught a two-handed jumping attack from Thor with just one-hand and his expression was that of being pissed.

#32 Posted by Amcu (16282 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by GeorgeWBush (11596 posts) - - Show Bio

One backhands Mjolnir and lays a massive beat down on Thor, the other cant lift it and gets saved by the Grandmaster from Thor killing him

Kurse clowns Banner

Avatar image for supermanforever
#34 Posted by Supermanforever (7893 posts) - - Show Bio

true but thor was not as strong in dark world as in ragnarok in my opinion. Also hulk has better striking feats and i dont see why hulk would have trouble with that boulder.

#35 Posted by tethadam (0 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse edges him out.

#36 Posted by EjorpSnruteR (843 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador said:

true but thor was not as strong in dark world as in ragnarok in my opinion. Also hulk has better striking feats and i dont see why hulk would have trouble with that boulder.

This pretty much. People keep acting like Kurse beat on some stronger Thor. He beat on pre-AoU Thor, let alone Ragnarok Thor.

Thor had a major showing in AoU that only one of these fighters can scale to (hint: not Kurse)

#37 Posted by Mrnoital (7972 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:
@mrnoital said:

He also got evidently stronger in the Thor vs. Hulk in Ragnarok when he caught a two-handed jumping attack from Thor with just one-hand and his expression was that of being pissed.

In the Hulkbuster fight he didn't one shot a suit, he just knocked a replacement piece off course so it crashed, and in the abomination fight he never overpowered abomination, he won the fight by getting smart and using weapons, Hulk never got a clean punch with his bare first in the whole fight

And when he fight Thor he just caught it, that's courteous different from getting hit and knocked back, not getting hit doesn't mean you're stronger

#38 Posted by GrandTOAA (860 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems my brain automatically shuts off everything from Thor: The dark world cuz i can never remember anything about Kurse being this great for people to always compare him to someone like Hulk

#39 Edited by EjorpSnruteR (843 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital said:
@ejorpsnruter said:
@amcu said:
@mrnoital said:

In the Hulkbuster fight he didn't one shot a suit, he just knocked a replacement piece off course so it crashed, and in the abomination fight he never overpowered abomination, he won the fight by getting smart and using weapons, Hulk never got a clean punch with his bare first in the whole fight

And when he fight Thor he just caught it, that's courteous different from getting hit and knocked back, not getting hit doesn't mean you're stronger

Seeing as how hard Thor was hitting him before, if he couldn't match the force of Thor's strike (especially when it's two hands vs one), it would have done the same thing it did previously--mess Hulk's shit up. He also couldn't react to Thor when he was looking him straight in the eye, then dude did that while practically faced down. But no, he didn't get stronger, he clearly stayed the same strength levels, yet did something he couldn't do in the fight anytime after Thor got serious. Clearly.

This isn't rocket science.

P.S. And just to remind you, Thor was staggering Hulk with single jabs. Yeah, clearly.

As for the Abomination, I wasn't gonna chime in, but yeah, he did. When Abom had him literally locked down on that wall, with his bone in him and taunting Hulk, he got so pissed, he was finally able to overpower him. Heck, you even see his eyes flare up. Did you watch any of these things, or are you making these comments off second-hand?

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#40 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7518 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems my brain automatically shuts off everything from Thor: The dark world cuz i can never remember anything about Kurse being this great for people to always compare him to someone like Hulk

Coz of this feat.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/mcu-kurse-boulder-feat-1827540/?page=1

#41 Posted by mrmonster (14714 posts) - - Show Bio

Ragnarok Hulk

#42 Posted by Amcu (16282 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital:

In the Hulkbuster fight he didn't one shot a suit, he just knocked a replacement piece off course so it crashed,

It's not 100% clear but I personally think that was a replacement suit. It was the size of Hulkbuster.

No Caption Provided

And the Hulkbuster suit had been so severely damaged at this point I think Stark would need to have it replaced.

and in the abomination fight he never overpowered abomination, he won the fight by getting smart and using weapons, Hulk never got a clean punch with his bare first in the whole fight

He went from being badly overpowerd to seeming at least slightly stronger.

Loading Video...

I think the implication in that scene is that Hulk got stronger. He went from having a good fight with Thor(I believe the script even said Thor was winning) to beating him horribly.

#43 Posted by iknowwhoyouare (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk stomps

#44 Posted by EjorpSnruteR (843 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

@mrnoital:

In the Hulkbuster fight he didn't one shot a suit, he just knocked a replacement piece off course so it crashed,

It's not 100% clear but I personally think that was a replacement suit. It was the size of Hulkbuster.

No Caption Provided

And the Hulkbuster suit had been so severely damaged at this point I think Stark would need to have it replaced.

At the very least, he wholly messed up the Veronica platform from a massive distance lol

#45 Posted by Amcu (16282 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Mrnoital (7972 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: it was damaged and you might think he might need it replaced, but in the end he didn't need to, just changed some parts and he won the fight, if Hulk at that mad could one shot a Hulkbuster than why didn't he proceed to one shot the Hulk Buster that he was fighting?

Hulk didn't seem to get stronger from anger, he just struggled and was still too weak, if anything he got stronger when seeing the woman he loved and got more determined

At that point Thor had only hit Hulk hard once, and there's nothing to suggest that Hulk want strong enough to catch one of Thor's hits, more like Thor forgot who he was fighting against and got cocky, hence the apologetic smile after Hulk caught Thor's hammer

#47 Posted by Mrnoital (7972 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital said:
@ejorpsnruter said:
@amcu said:
@mrnoital said:

Seeing as how hard Thor was hitting him before, if he couldn't match the force of Thor's strike (especially when it's two hands vs one), it would have done the same thing it did previously--mess Hulk's shit up. He also couldn't react to Thor when he was looking him straight in the eye, then dude did that while practically faced down. But no, he didn't get stronger, he clearly stayed the same strength levels, yet did something he couldn't do in the fight anytime after Thor got serious. Clearly.

This isn't rocket science.

P.S. And just to remind you, Thor was staggering Hulk with single jabs. Yeah, clearly.

As for the Abomination, I wasn't gonna chime in, but yeah, he did. When Abom had him literally locked down on that wall, with his bone in him and taunting Hulk, he got so pissed, he was finally able to overpower him. Heck, you even see his eyes flare up. Did you watch any of these things, or are you making these comments off second-hand?

Your right it isn't rocket science, it's pretty simple that being able to react to something that he couldn't before has to do with strength and not speed, that's a brilliant deduction you made there

And Hulk overpowered abomination after seeing the woman he loved, and everyone knows seeing the woman you love fills you with our rage and not determination, you must pay a lot of attention

#48 Posted by Amcu (16282 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital:

it was damaged and you might think he might need it replaced, but in the end he didn't need to, just changed some parts and he won the fight, if Hulk at that mad could one shot a Hulkbuster than why didn't he proceed to one shot the Hulk Buster that he was fighting?

This is a fair point. Technically from this point forward I don' t think Hulk landed any punches. It's possible that he just didn't get in good position to punch it.

Regardless I personal think the implication in the scene is that he got stronger after Stark broke his tooth. Stark's own reaction seemed to indicate that he new Hulk was going to beat him up. Before than they had been going back and forth. But from this point forward Hulk was stomping the suit and ripping large pieces of it off.

Hulk didn't seem to get stronger from anger, he just struggled and was still too weak, if anything he got stronger when seeing the woman he loved and got more determined

Seemed like anger to me. He was angry at Abomination for stopping him from saving someone he wanted to save. Regardless this seems to show him getting stronger due to some emotion.

At that point Thor had only hit Hulk hard once, and there's nothing to suggest that Hulk want strong enough to catch one of Thor's hits, more like Thor forgot who he was fighting against and got cocky, hence the apologetic smile after Hulk caught Thor's hammer

I don't think Thor got cocky. He seemed to be taking the fight at pretty seriously at this point. He even went over to go get his War hammer back before executing a massive overhead swing.

Still I'm not arguing that this is crystal clear but I do believe that in all of these scenes Hulk is getting stronger and angrier.

#49 Posted by Laiks Stake (1254 posts) - - Show Bio

CV polls are really funny, Kurse was stalemating Thor ( 50-50 ) in the other thread while Hulk was beating Kurse here ( 52-48 ).

#50 Posted by Laiks Stake (1254 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway Kurse wins.