Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1

Melinda May:

No Caption Provided

VS

Sara Lance:

No Caption Provided

Yes, I know this has been done, but in the other ones the OP was a bit different.

MCU/CW versions of both.

Both are in character. Victory by ko or death

Round 1:

Both are unarmed

Fight takes place in a dojo

Round 2:

Both have a staff

Fight takes place in a dojo

Round 3:

Both are armed with a standard handgun

Fight takes place in a dimly lit warehouse with substantial cover. Starting distance is 50 feet, in sight of each other

Who wins?

ZUKOLICIOUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

I would say May wins. Its really close but she is more flexibile and agile. 6/10

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Goes either way

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Bump

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By darkonast

Stalemate , Sara after those extra years in LOA training really boosted her h2h skills in LOT , sara proved that her h2h is made up from pure ruthlessness

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Sara ever so slightly

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say May wins in a tough fight

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: More impressed with her melee/h2h showings. Matching the likes of Ward and Bobbi, beating Agent 33, beating Giyera, beating Francis Noche, all of her fodder obliterating feats, beating Scarlotti unarmed, keeping up with a Centipede soldier etc

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GeorgeWBush

May's fought more skilled fighters imo, and has better feats against metas. She should win in a solid fight.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Lord_God119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sarah wins, trained by league of assassins, way better stealth, was beating Vandal Savage in h2h

Sarah wins unless people think May can beat a Warlord who's had many millennia of fighting experience and mastered many fighting styles

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Sarah wins, trained by league of assassins, way better stealth, was beating Vandal Savage in h2h

Sarah wins unless people think May can beat a Warlord who's had many millennia of fighting experience and mastered many fighting styles

The league had like nine competent members the rest a ranking from worse than Laurel in S3 to Jax and Felicity can KO them, I'm not aware of any great stealth feats for Sara, especially none that matter in an open field, when you're standing 20feet apart in plain sight, and Rip defeated Legends Savage by himself, before struggling with a russian mobster, that was scared of someone that could beat six of his underlings. And after Rory and Sara being completely unable to do anything against Oliver and Dahrk respectively in h2h combat I think its fair to say for some reason the showrunners felt a need to nerf Savage to no end for his fight with a team of people with superpowers and hightech weaponry.

Avatar image for deactivated-62d106297c437
deactivated-62d106297c437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Dark humiliated her tbh.

Corylamount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a good fight but I give it to Sara. I feel like she is a good fight and she can dodge a lot of her hits. But may is good to she could dodge too but i give it to Sara because if she gets to md she will go crazy.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May wins

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May, solid fight

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Better feats. Though I haven't seen this season of LOT nor the crossovers yet, so my opinion could change.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Arcus1

@arcus1: Better feats. Though I haven't seen this season of LOT nor the crossovers yet, so my opinion could change.

She's got a couple nice feats from the crossover, nothing particularly game changing from LOT so far that I remember (good fights but nothing to significantly change where she stands)

What feats do you think are better?

Dreadstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May.

Avatar image for miraclecomeback
MiracleComeBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May, she beat several index people plus inhumans

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May.

Any reasons?

Francis Noche (the guy with super strength) is the only particularly impressive victory over a metahuman I can think of for her

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:
said:

Francis Noche (the guy with super strength) is the only particularly impressive victory over a metahuman I can think of for her

I can't remember, did she ever beat a Centipede Soldier solo? I think Ward did...

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:
said:

I can't remember, did she ever beat a Centipede Soldier solo? I think Ward did...

He did with gear (special capsule thing that knocked out Centiped Soldiers-but he had to get it in his mouth)

May never did without some sort of circumstance from what I remember

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: The only time she did was when she used the berserker staff which amps the users stats. And Ward only won due to specialized gear meant for Centipede soldiers that was only used once.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Matching and/or defeating Ward, Bobbi, and Giyera, beating Francis Noche, her Calvary episode feats, having the upper hand against Absorbing Man, beating Scarlotti

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Paytience

@dstreet45: Bull. May beat Noche, and Belyakov h2h. She beat Tobias Ford unarmed and had the advantage against absorbing man. She bet Giyera, Scarlotti and multiple Hive mutants...who were explicitly stated to have peak human attributes, and to have kept their weapons and martial arts training they might have had. At least 20 of them were shield security agents on the most top secret facility in the world...so beaucoup weapons and MA training.

Also, nightnight toxin wasn't made for centipede soldiers at all. It was developed as a nonlethal way to bring ANYONE in. Arguing otherwise ignores the fact that Icers are used almost every episode. In fact, the neurotoxin doesn't adversely affect centipedes; not any more thenother people. They are in fact MORE resistant to it...it stabilizes the extremis in the serum and actually makes the serum viable for use, as with Mike Peterson.

So you're wrong on every account, and this post kind of demostrates how you don't actually watch the show, and just repeat the inane arguments that CW fanboys keep trying to repeat on CV hoping that it becomes true.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sara.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DSTREET45

@paytience: Ok 1) I was only responding to how well she did specifically against Centipede soldiers so I don't need a passionate bordering on hostile post recapping of all of her other fights against super humans.

2) The injector cuff that Ward used was designed specifically to do what regular Night Night rounds couldn't, KO Centipede soldiers. Fitz-Simmons specifically said that it was meant to target the ports on their arm that injects the Centipede serum into their body. The cuff was supposed to take advantage of that port and inject a "refined dose of dendrotoxin to incapacitate the soldier" (exact quote from Simmons). And FYI one of the definitions for refined is "improved to be more precise or exact" or "Developed or improved so as to be precise or subtle". Given the context they were meant to be an improvement on the Night Night rounds which Simmons said no longer effected Centipede soldiers.

Just because it uses the same dendrotoxin as Night Night Guns doesn't make it the same gear that was meant to incap regular people. Which is apparent when a Centipede soldier resisted the effects of the former but another one did go down when Ward manually injected the dendrotoxin into his mouth.

3) Repeat what argument? That the only time May beat a Centipede soldier was with a berserker staff and Ward only defeated one with special gear? Do you have any other instances where they had beaten one? Hell Arcus1 even posted something similar to what I posted but I doubt he's a CW fanboy and I don't see you calling him one. BTW my only knowledge on CW shows is the first 3 seasons of Arrow and the last time I watched that was a year ago. I'm not just copy any random person's argument in a fight where I don't know the combatant's ability or any attempt to lowball another. I didn't even respond to whether or not May would win here, all I was trying to do was answer SupremeGeneration's question which was specifically:

to which I answered yes to both but with the berserker staff and gear specifically. You have a problem with that why don't you politely correct me and reference or post a fight scene where she had beaten a Centipede soldier without it instead of going on an irrelevant tangent.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May would win, unless Sara has her Canary cry devices from back as Black Canary, which she doesn't. May has better feats against metals as others pointed out. Not to mention soloing a base full of mind-controlled thugs that earned her the name the Cavalry and beating Ward puts her on a rather high bar, especially with how skskilled Ward is, whom was able to give Coulson a run for his money.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May's fought more skilled fighters imo, and has better feats against metas. She should win in a solid fight.

Avatar image for miraclecomeback
MiracleComeBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MiracleComeBack
js_the_beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still May

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Arcus1

@dstreet45: Bull. May beat Noche, and Belyakov h2h. She beat Tobias Ford unarmed and had the advantage against absorbing man. She bet Giyera, Scarlotti and multiple Hive mutants...who were explicitly stated to have peak human attributes, and to have kept their weapons and martial arts training they might have had. At least 20 of them were shield security agents on the most top secret facility in the world...so beaucoup weapons and MA training.

Also, nightnight toxin wasn't made for centipede soldiers at all. It was developed as a nonlethal way to bring ANYONE in. Arguing otherwise ignores the fact that Icers are used almost every episode. In fact, the neurotoxin doesn't adversely affect centipedes; not any more thenother people. They are in fact MORE resistant to it...it stabilizes the extremis in the serum and actually makes the serum viable for use, as with Mike Peterson.

So you're wrong on every account, and this post kind of demostrates how you don't actually watch the show, and just repeat the inane arguments that CW fanboys keep trying to repeat on CV hoping that it becomes true.

Dude, chill. He only even mentioned centipede soldiers

Also she never beat Tobias Ford. I rewatched the episode, she held her own but the fight only stopped because of that other woman (forget her name)

@paytience: Ok 1) I was only responding to how well she did specifically against Centipede soldiers so I don't need a passionate bordering on hostile post recapping of all of her other fights against super humans.

2) The injector cuff that Ward used was designed specifically to do what regular Night Night rounds couldn't, KO Centipede soldiers. Fitz-Simmons specifically said that it was meant to target the ports on their arm that injects the Centipede serum into their body. The cuff was supposed to take advantage of that port and inject a "refined dose of dendrotoxin to incapacitate the soldier" (exact quote from Simmons). And FYI one of the definitions for refined is "improved to be more precise or exact" or "Developed or improved so as to be precise or subtle". Given the context they were meant to be an improvement on the Night Night rounds which Simmons said no longer effected Centipede soldiers.

Just because it uses the same dendrotoxin as Night Night Guns doesn't make it the same gear that was meant to incap regular people. Which is apparent when a Centipede soldier resisted the effects of the former but another one did go down when Ward manually injected the dendrotoxin into his mouth.

3) Repeat what argument? That the only time May beat a Centipede soldier was with a berserker staff and Ward only defeated one with special gear? Do you have any other instances where they had beaten one? Hell Arcus1 even posted something similar to what I posted but I doubt he's a CW fanboy and I don't see you calling him one. BTW my only knowledge on CW shows is the first 3 seasons of Arrow and the last time I watched that was a year ago. I'm not just copy any random person's argument in a fight where I don't know the combatant's ability or any attempt to lowball another. I didn't even respond to whether or not May would win here, all I was trying to do was answer SupremeGeneration's question which was specifically:

to which I answered yes to both but with the berserker staff and gear specifically. You have a problem with that why don't you politely correct me and reference or post a fight scene where she had beaten a Centipede soldier without it instead of going on an irrelevant tangent.

Thanks for the info

@supremegeneration: @arcus1: she beat 5 or 6 primitives who could break out of police handcuffs like they were strings

I don't remember her ever fighting that many solo

@arcus1: Matching and/or defeating Ward, Bobbi, and Giyera, beating Francis Noche, her Calvary episode feats, having the upper hand against Absorbing Man, beating Scarlotti

From what I remember the Absorbing man fight wasn't particularly long and not conclusive, and he didn't even use his powers that much (like only his arms transformed instead of his whole body?)

Honestly, I think her Cavalry feats get overrated. It's a good pain tolerance showing, but other than that nothing particularly impressive. It's more important for May's character development than anything

@pyrofn said:

May would win, unless Sara has her Canary cry devices from back as Black Canary, which she doesn't. May has better feats against metals as others pointed out. Not to mention soloing a base full of mind-controlled thugs that earned her the name the Cavalry and beating Ward puts her on a rather high bar, especially with how skskilled Ward is, whom was able to give Coulson a run for his money.

Her Cavalry feat really isn't anything Sara couldn't do. She fought some thugs/agents one or maybe two at a time, not like she took on a whole squad at once

Coulson vs Ward helped to show Coulson's abilities, not really Ward's

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:

Thanks for the info

No problem.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Arcus1

Rewatched the episode to confirm the details

She could beat him if he didn't use his powers, but once he started using his powers he got the upper hand, was able to stun her a bit, started trying to take the woman away. May recovered, drop kicked him by surprise, went to make sure the other woman was ok, then he surprised May back. Then a beam started to fall on the woman, so he teleported to help her

She didn't win, it was at best inconclusive

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Feats for May.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Perhaps. But considering the fact that the building was swarmed with them and that there were rooms full of guys, it would be safe to assume that she had to fight more than one or two guards at some points. That may be speculation, but not unreasonable to assume.

Sara is a rather difficult case to determine. She may be a trained assassin, but she has had trouble taking on foes she should be able to handle on her own. Examples like Damien Dark before he was magically empowered in Legends of Tomorrow. Or stalemating a samurai, though that is impressive, she should have been able to have had to give him a better fight than what she gave.

It is a close fight, but May's feats just seem a little more consistent to me than Sara's. Not by a lot, but enough to give her the win.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@arcus1: Perhaps. But considering the fact that the building was swarmed with them and that there were rooms full of guys, it would be safe to assume that she had to fight more than one or two guards at some points. That may be speculation, but not unreasonable to assume.

Sara is a rather difficult case to determine. She may be a trained assassin, but she has had trouble taking on foes she should be able to handle on her own. Examples like Damien Dark before he was magically empowered in Legends of Tomorrow. Or stalemating a samurai, though that is impressive, she should have been able to have had to give him a better fight than what she gave.

It is a close fight, but May's feats just seem a little more consistent to me than Sara's. Not by a lot, but enough to give her the win.

We saw her Cavalry fight, she locked most of the guys in a room (they never even tried to attack her) then fought through a few to get to the inhuman

Darhk was also trained by the League, supposed to be almost as good as Ra's. Sure he didn't have the magic, but apparently at that point he didn't need it to be a dangerous fighter (as for why he sucked when he lost his magic in Arrow, who knows? Maybe old age?)

That samurai, according to his claim, was also a highly trained fighter who trained with masters and such, not just a random soldier. And she did kill him in their rematch

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me about that. So scratch that off.

As for Darhk, if I am not correct, he doesn't age. That would possibly be due to the maghmaghic though. It didn't seem like he aged when he temporarily lost it, so I don't think it was old age.

Fair enough. She may have one, but not through a precise strike, but rather because she had dagger hidden. Good for sneak attack skills, not good enough in a all out confrontation. Hilariously ironic enough, Sara doesn't have a dagger in the OP, but May is specified to have both a bo staff and a combat knife. XD

This is a tough one. I am almost convinced at calling a stale mate.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Arcus1

Bump

Himitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers