MCU magic users vs DCEU magic users

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Which franchise currently has the most powerful magic users? What do you think guys?

MCU team:

- Doctor Strange (no eye of agamotto)

- Mordo

- Kaescillious (Dark dimension amp)

- The Ancient One (Dark dimension amp)

- Loki ( Gungnir, Cascet of Eternal Winters)

- Scarlett Witch

vs.

DCEU team:

- Enchantress

- Incubus

- El Diablo (god form)

- Ares (prime feats not allowed)

- Shazam

- dr. Sivana (no wizard staff, just with seven deadly sins)

Rules:

- NO BFR!

- IC/Perfect teamwork for both teams

- Basic knowledge for all

- Fight in a Colosseum.

Turr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

El Diablo counters Loki's CoEW

Ares beats Wanda in telekinesis game and versatility

Shazam blitzes Doctor Strange before he can do anything

Sivana one shots the ancient one with a lightning or a blitz. She can react to neither

Enchantress has a rather interesting fight against Kaecilius but ends up winning because her teleport is an easy counter to him manipulating the environment and her telekinesis/telepathy is something he has no real counters for

Incubus one shots Mordo much easier than he did that train

Change the matchups if you want, I think the verdict stays the same. DCEU has much better magic users currently to be honest. MCU's magic users are all glass canons, maybe except for Asgardian wizards like Loki and Friga.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Eri_Joni

Team 2

MCU magic users are glass canons. This thread looks to be in DCEU favor,where is Hela?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU via Enchantress telepathy

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sw could do that as well or probably block it.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Shinne

Ares, Dr. Sivana and Shazam are enough.

Incubus is a glass canon, and so is Enchantress. Her lighting attack is decent, but IIRC, that required some preparation.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eri123 said:

Team 2

MCU magic users are glass canons.This thread looks to be in DCEU favor,where is Hela?

I dunno if I'd count Hela as a magic user. The only magic she had on her own are her blades, everything else was using the Eternal Fire.

Granted, Loki is supposedly a magic user and all he ever does is some low level illusions. So.... I dunno. Asgardian wizards are really underwhelming as far as magic goes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c
deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Include hela and it’ll lean more to mcu favour

jimcrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turr said:

El Diablo counters Loki's CoEW

Ares beats Wanda in telekinesis game and versatility

Shazam blitzes Doctor Strange before he can do anything

Sivana one shots the ancient one with a lightning or a blitz. She can react to neither

Enchantress has a rather interesting fight against Kaecilius but ends up winning because her teleport is an easy counter to him manipulating the environment and her telekinesis/telepathy is something he has no real counters for

Incubus one shots Mordo much easier than he did that train

Change the matchups if you want, I think the verdict stays the same. DCEU has much better magic users currently to be honest. MCU's magic users are all glass canons, maybe except for Asgardian wizards like Loki and Friga.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Eri_Joni

@metaljimmor: Hela is a magic user, she can summon swords from her body and ground, open portals, when she regenerates a green light comes up. That definitely sounds magic to me.

Turr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eri123: I don't know man. I mean she draws POWER from Asgard right? Not magic. It's Asgard's power that allows her to heal. And her necroblades is also her power as a goddess of death, not really a spell, similarly how Thor has a power of thunder as a god of thunder. She didn't really show us any spells per say like Loki or Strange did. I guess you can argue Hela is a magic user but by the same logic Thor, Heimdall and a bunch of other Asgardians are magic users as well.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Eri_Joni

@turr: Dr.Srange also draws power from other dimensions. Does this mean he is not a magic user? Also Hela opened a portal and summoned her helmet outside Asgard. Ares also doesn't use spells but his power is magic, summoning dark swords from body and ground is magic. I mean Thor can summon lighting from the sky with his mind, Heimdall can see billions of souls, that is magic.

Turr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: I agree about Hela not being a magic user. But Loki actually used a ton of spells.

- He can become invisible. Remember when on Earth Coulson and everybody couldn't see him, including Heimdall, only Thor?

- He can teleport. He was getting around Earth, Ice planet and other planes rather easily, without using any secret passage via boat.

- He can use telekinesis. Remember when things started flying around when he got pissed that his mother died?

- He can use illusions and mirror images, obviously. He does it all the time.

- He can fluently use all kinds of magic artifacts like the mind stone, CoEW and others.

- He can use spells that seal away magic of others. He did that to Odin, and apparently it took him a long time to break the spell.

- He can use mind reading. He did it to Valkyrie when we saw a vision of Hela owning her fellow troops.

And Im sure I missed some. In short, yeah, Loki is a magic user for sure. Hela though? Nah...

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 has satellite busting, battle ship busting level lightning to continental level which is way beyond MCU team's potential.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Strike3

@plotweapon16255:

Of course, the DCEU team has members of god level power and durability. Sivana alone could fly in and kill with a punch :)

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki is the only one here with the durability contend. If anyone else gets hit they die.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eri123 said:

Hela is a magic user,she can summon swords from her body and ground,open portals,when she regenerates a green light comes up.That definitily sounds magic to me.

Yah, but then you have Thor shooting lightning out of his body. It is hard to say how much of what Hela does is her using magic and how much is her just being a god. Shoot, we don't even really know where the Asgardian royal family gets their god powers or why they have powers when normal Asgardians do not.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicgirl21: Leaning hard towards the DCEU team due to physicals, though Strange in Infinity War was particularly impressive against Thanos, we all saw him get slapped by froggy fingers.

Turr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redshift_bacon: yeah it was always pretty funny to me that Ebony Maw did a lot better against Strange than Thanos weilding 4 infinity stones, even though Strange was trying to use his time stone on Ebony Maw, while he purposely sealed it away when fighting Thanos. That didn't make any sens at all. When Strange was acting all cocky vs Thanos "I am the master of the mystic arts!" and all I was laughing my ass off and was like "dude, you got your ass HANDED to you by Thanos's sidekick. THE HELL are you taking big right now in front of Thanos with IG? HAHAHA" xD

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

@turr: I think Strange was caught off guard against a non-magical TK opponent. Environmentals and such come into effect a lot more considering, whereas with Thanos, Strange had Prep and the Stone he is about to use literally lights up right before he uses it.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Team 2.

No BFR puts most of Team 1 at a severe disadvantage. Most of Team 1 are glass cannons as well.

Shazam, Ares, and Dr Sivana are physical powerhouses who can dish out a lot of damage and take it. Their speed is also significantly better than Team 1's.

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turr: I think Strange was caught off guard against a non-magical TK opponent. Environmentals and such come into effect a lot more considering, whereas with Thanos, Strange had Prep and the Stone he is about to use literally lights up right before he uses it.

You mean Maw ? off guard ? He literally pulled Maw to get a hold on him but instead he got caught like a retarded fish.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strike3 said:
@sexybayonetta22 said:

Sw could do that as well or probably block it.

SW tp powers aren't impressive compared to Enchantress

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team DCEU.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mcu team has two reality warpers and people are still defending dceu

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate.

Avatar image for valerian_cipher
valerian_cipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we're talking about teamwork here, the Ancient One can open the Mirror dimension and fight there, where the sorcerers' powers significantly increase. Also, SW psionic blasts can counter other magical blasts from the DCEU characters, since in the MCU, her blasts are powerful enough to destroy the Mind Stone. And since Loki wields the Casket of Eternal Winters, he can counter all fire based attacks by DCEU's characters. Also, the Enchantress' telepathic influence could be blocked by SW, in Suicide Squad, Enchantress just used it to tempt them, whereas SW used it to cripple the Avengers.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 6/10. Close fight due to durability advantages for DCEU, however Strange & crew have far greater versatility. Also DC has a couple sandbags.

Avatar image for captain_narlowe
Captain_Narlowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team MCU should include Hela, and they would win with her.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c
deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr strange mvp

KingJupeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KingJupeter

Ancient one push soul everyone.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-610bd31442771
deactivated-610bd31442771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ways MCU can win:
- portal decapacitation
- astral projection (terribly long way to kill)
- pushing their souls, teleport and hide their bodies
- trapping them into mirror dimension
- trapping them into dark dimension and be Dormammu's breakfast.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every MCU Magic user can solo except Mordo.