No Caption Provided

Avatar image for youshallnotpass
YouShallNotPass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Luke was already superior to Jess in H2H (and shes basically equal to Alisa). Tidy win for Luke.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alisa is stronger than Luke (by statements/scaling) but that's really it. Luke would demolish her

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:

Alisa is stronger than Luke (by statements/scaling) but that's really it. Luke would demolish her

You think she's stronger than Cage?

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youshallnotpass said:

Luke was already superior to Jess in H2H (and shes basically equal to Alisa). Tidy win for Luke.

Alisa was physically far stronger than Jessica.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax: Eh, I'd say they're equal if not her mom's superior especially since he already overpowered Jones just like her mom did on two seperate occasions:

The first time he did so, was while he was mind-controlled by Kilgrave and easily overpowered her with one arm before she used leverage to slam him into a shelf.

No Caption Provided

The second time, was when he was pissed off about Reva's death and he blamed and tried to kill the bus driver and easily pushed through Jones as she tried with all of her strength to hold him back and stop him with no avail.

Loading Video...

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AngelJax

@jayfreeman: Jessica and Luke are roughly portrayed as equals in strength. Jessica described Alisa as being twice as strong as herself.

Eh, I wouldn't say he easily overpowered her in the first gif if at all, he just grabs her and she gets out of his hold fairly easily. As for when he pushed her, he was literally using his entire body and he has a lot more mass compared to Jess to boot.

Luke never restrained/overpowered Jess the way Alisa did. Alisa did it with hand and she was barely even trying. Whenever Luke tried to muscle through Jessica he had to be bloodlusted and/or enraged to do so.

BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alisa is no where as Durable as Cage. She wasn't even bulletproof and also had to tend to her injuries after falling out a second story window. She may be as strong but her skin can't take the damage Luke's skin can.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax: I'll give it to you regarding the first GIF, but the second was GIF she literally placed her foot back in attempt for more leverage and pushed against him with all her might (keep in mind she stopped an accelerating car with one hand which easily has more mass than Cage). And if you want another instance of him doing so, look below (and she was struggling while using 2 hands against one of his)

Loading Video...

And true and true in regards to Alisa, as well as the Luke being bloodlusted statement. But in regards to them being roughly equals, I don't know I could see where you're coming from but it's weird for me to imagine Jessica is exactly on par with Cage especially when you consider he's a guy (don't kill me for being sexist ;), he's overall a much bigger individual (Kirsten Ritter is 5'9 and probably 110 lbs while Mike Colter is 6'3 and at least 200) physically speaking, and he's literally known for his strength hence the nickname "Power-Man.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GeorgeWBush

Luke beats her off

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayfreeman:

Do you think Luke could beat Alisa & Jessica at the same time ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayfreeman:

Do you think Luke could beat Alisa & Jessica at the same time ?

No. It'd take them a while, but eventually the family would put him down.

blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alisa is not as Durable as Luke, also Luke's best feats are Taking a Iron fist to the face, and being fine, and getting hit by a Trash Truck at full speed and was no hurt at all. Alisa can't even take a bullet. Alisa's best feat is overturning a small trailer that Jessica struggled to lift. I think Luke is much stronger and way more Durable than Alisa.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke. Way more durable, strong enough to put her down, infinitely more skilled.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Amendment50

Alisa is at least as strong as Luke- personally I would actually wager that she is stronger. Alisa and Luke are both stronger than Jessica but Alisa seemed to outclass Jessica to a degree that Luke clearly did not.

However, Luke is substantially more durable than Alisa and that's a bigger advantage than anything she has on him imo. Luke wins handily.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Amendment50

On that note did anyone else spend most of the season thinking "just call Luke!" when Alisa was on the loose? Like, you have a friend that can take her! They're even on friendly terms after the end of Defenders, and Luke is basically a full-fledged superhero now so it's definitely the kind of thing he would want to help out with. He straight up told her she has a friend in Harlem if she ever needs one, lol.

Actually it might have been a cool opportunity for him to make a cameo for an episode. Was disappointed not to see Luke even once considering the character got his whole start in the MCU in the show's first season.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jashro44

@originalcaptain: I've edited your title for now. Just for people to avoid spoilers.

BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is not a fair battle since Alicia isn't nearly as durable as Luke Cage is. She got injured from a number of things including a second story fall and she was even killed by a single hand gun bullet from pretty far away. She was also shot in the leg where she was heavily injured. Luke is just as strong, if not stronger and far far more durable.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's make this clear. Put Jess or Alisa against any character with comparable strength and even a smidgen of melee skill and they get destroyed.

Put them even against base humans with moderate-expert melee skills they get destroyed.

Stop making match-ups that fit that category.

Alisa loses. Badly.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People still lowballing Jessica Jones I see.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Amendment50

@jayfreeman said:

it's weird for me to imagine Jessica is exactly on par with Cage especially when you consider he's a guy (don't kill me for being sexist ;), he's overall a much bigger individual (Kirsten Ritter is 5'9 and probably 110 lbs while Mike Colter is 6'3 and at least 200) physically speaking, and he's literally known for his strength hence the nickname "Power-Man.

It may not be sexist but this argument isn't remotely valid regarding two superpowered characters. Neither of their strength comes from their physical size or muscle, it comes from the special characteristics of their bodily makeup. You wouldn't say Aquaman is stronger than Supergirl just because he's bigger. Luke was the same size before his experiment as after and yet he was nowhere near as strong as Jessica until after it.

And this is coming from someone who thinks Luke is clearly stronger than Jessica, she even said as much in season 1.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Alisa would take it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayfreeman said:

it's weird for me to imagine Jessica is exactly on par with Cage especially when you consider he's a guy (don't kill me for being sexist ;), he's overall a much bigger individual (Kirsten Ritter is 5'9 and probably 110 lbs while Mike Colter is 6'3 and at least 200) physically speaking, and he's literally known for his strength hence the nickname "Power-Man.

It may not be sexist but this argument isn't remotely valid regarding two superpowered characters. Neither of their strength comes from their physical size or muscle, it comes from the special characteristics of their bodily makeup. You wouldn't say Aquaman is stronger than Supergirl just because he's bigger. Luke was the same size before his experiment as after and yet he was nowhere near as strong as Jessica until after it.

And this is coming from someone who thinks Luke is clearly stronger than Jessica, she even said as much in season 1.

It's not a valid argument, I was getting at how I interpret them rather than arguing for either one of them.

TorikoWONTDie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do yu make gifs from Netflix? There is one feat in particular I think indicates Alisa could stagger Luke based on the diamondback and ironfist hits he's taken. With repeat hits she could maybe knock him out, although it's doubtful since he isn't gonna let her just wail on him one sided.

If Alisa had any skill this would be a fight to argue. The thing is she doesn't. Luke just box batters her dead.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rogueshadow  Moderator

Luke. More durable and more skilled too. I'd be interested to see how Luke/Alisa would've compared strength-wise. Luke is very clearly stronger than Jessica in my opinion and I don't take the twice as strong thing as anything more than hyperbole.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@torikowontdie: Which feat are you referring to, I can make a gif of it?

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke. More durable and more skilled too. I'd be interested to see how Luke/Alisa would've compared strength-wise. Luke is very clearly stronger than Jessica in my opinion and I don't take the twice as strong thing as anything more than hyperbole.

Why not? Alisa restrained Jessica with far more ease than Luke ever has. I think Jessica knows her own strength as well, it wouldn't benefit anyone if she was lying about Alisa being twice as strong. The show makes the point evident any chance that they get as well.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rogueshadow  Moderator

@angeljax said:
@rogueshadow said:

Why not? Alisa restrained Jessica with far more ease than Luke ever has. I think Jessica knows her own strength as well, it wouldn't benefit anyone if she was lying about Alisa being twice as strong. The show makes the point evident any chance that they get as well.

Because how on Earth could Jessica quantify that Alisa is exactly twice as strong? It's just Jess' hyperbolic way of saying "way stronger". People say stuff like that in real life.

Luke overpowered Jessica with one arm before, even while (in my opinion) fighting Kilgrave's control and Jess could barely stop him from literally walking forwards when he was bloodlusted. Even if Alisa is stronger, it's not by enough to win imo.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AngelJax

@rogueshadow: Luke was clearly putting his full force behind that punch and Jessica still matched him, albeit with both hands. Which is why I call BS on those who claim Luke being >>>>>> Jessica in strength.

Alisa overpowered Jessica, with one arm, on several occaisons, without even trying.

It would stand to reason that someone who can overpower Jessica to that extent would be twice as strong as her and Luke.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rogueshadow  Moderator

@angeljax said:

@rogueshadow: Luke was clearly putting his full force behind that much and Jessica still matched him, albeit with both hands. Which is why I call BS on those who claim Luke being >>>>>>> Jessica in strength.

Alisa overpowered Jessica, with one arm, on several occaisons, without even trying.

It would stand to reason that someone who can overpower Jessica to that extent would be twice as strong as her and Luke.

She was using both hands and literally put her whole body into it vs Luke's one hand/arm and she flat out lost the contest of strength. Both times they had a legit contest of strength she lost. I don't see how you conclude they are equal or Jess is stronger based on that.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AngelJax

@rogueshadow: Because literally every single time Luke overpowered her he was bloodlusted? And the fact that the shows depict both Luke and Jessica on the same tier of strength.

The shows give Luke, for lack of a better word, the "bulkier" and more tanky type of feats because his strong suit is durability. While Jess tends to get more feats that involve sheer strength. I'm fine with people saying Luke is stronger, I just don't get how people get the idea that Luke is way stronger than her. Or the idea that Alisa is weaker than Luke despite treating Jessica like a child, something Luke has never done under fair or causal circumstance, but Alisa has.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@angeljax said:

@rogueshadow: Because literally every single time Luke overpowered her he was bloodlusted? And the fact that the show depict both Luke and Jessica on the same tier of strength.

The shows give Luke for lack of a better word, the "bulkier" and tank type of feats because his strong suit is durability. While Jess tends to get more feats that involve sheer strength. I'm fine with people saying Luke is stronger, I just don't get how people get the idea that Luke is way stronger than her. Or the idea that Alisa is weaker than Luke despite treating Jessica like a child, something Luke has never done under fair or causal circumstance, but Alisa has.

And both times Jessica was trying to stop him with everything she had, she was literally trying to save an innocent man's life the first time and she wasn't slowing him down much at all. And like I said, this is more of an opinion, but I've always thought Luke was fighting the control. I haven't watched it in a while now but he stops several times and sometimes had to be told to carry on, and IIRC was the only person who had to be told to be flat out told to do something twice, when he first meets Kilgrave there's a pause when he tells him to get in the car IIRC, Luke pauses and literally looks at him before being urged on. I don't remember anybody else doing that, certainly not so explicitly.

Define way stronger. One thing I'd say, is that Jessica could well be stronger than Luke relative to her weight/pound for pound.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I'll give you the first instance but I always like to point out the mass Luke has over Jessica. He's clearly much bigger than her and it'd be easier for him to push her than for her to push him. And like I said, he's bloodlusted there so there's context. But fair enough on Jessica trying to save a man's life there.

You're right that Luke had an uncanny resistance to Kilgrave's mind control but he wasn't told to do anything more after Luke first pressured to fight. It's also worth noting that Jessica was more preoccupied with breaking Luke out of Kilgrave's control than she is at actually fighting Luke. But she manages to do both and hold a full conversation with him at times without getting legitimately overpowered during the fight. So, while Jessica was in a dire situation, it's fair to assume she wasn't doing her absolute best as she wanted to save Luke.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rogueshadow  Moderator

@angeljax said:

@rogueshadow: I'll give you the first instance but I always like to point out the mass Luke has over Jessica. He's clearly much bigger than her and it'd be easier for him to push her than for her to push him. And like I said, he's bloodlusted there so there's context. But fair enough on Jessica trying to save a man's life there.

You're right that Luke had an uncanny resistance to Kilgrave's mind control but he wasn't told to do anything more after Luke first pressured to fight. It's also worth noting that Jessica was more preoccupied with breaking Luke out of Kilgrave's control than she is at actually fighting Luke. But she manages to do both and hold a full conversation with him at times without getting legitimately overpowered during the fight. So, while Jessica was in a dire situation, it's fair to assume she wasn't doing her absolute best as she wanted to save Luke.

I wouldn't have thought mass meant a whole lot with two superhumans in contests of pure strength, at least not at this level, it's not like Thor vs Hulk where Hulk literally weighs five times what Thor does.

I definitely don't think Jess was fighting him properly during the fight, which is why I only even bring up that initial pure contest of strength when comparing their raw strength.

There's the bit where he stops at the end of the fight and tells her to do what she has to and also the "stop her Cage" bit IIRC.

TorikoWONTDie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax: the one where she punches open truck doors. Its right after she escapes from police custody. Would need to check the episode.

Avatar image for spiderfan130666
SpiderFan130666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we're all getting carried away with the core debate. Regardless of strength, I think we can agree that Luke Cage can hurt Jessica, but she cannot hurt him. He shrugged off multiple punches from her, while landing only a few, which resulted in her bleeding. Alisa, likewise, is capable of striking Jessica with enough force to put her down in just two punches as shown in episode 9 when Jessica has to stop her from killing Pryce.

My point is, that Alisa is most likely a bit stronger as she doesn't have unbreakable skin. And yet she hits just as hard so having increased physical power must be the reason for it. Either way, it's doubtful that her raw power alone will let her win. Luke Cage is a skilled combatant, and knows how to take a hit as shown here: start at 1:33 and finish at 1:42

Loading Video...

Here, Luke takes a punch easily harder than any we've seen in the Netflix series. He does it again later on in the video below: start at 2:33 and end at 2:40

Loading Video...

Alisa doesn't have this level of striking power, much less the level of durability that Luke Cage has. She was killed by a single shot to the head, something that Luke shrugs off every day of the week.

Alisa might knock him around for a while but eventually, she will tire and Luke will take her out.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's make this clear. Put Jess or Alisa against any character with comparable strength and even a smidgen of melee skill and they get destroyed.

Put them even against base humans with moderate-expert melee skills they get destroyed.

Alisa loses. Badly.

This will only become more of a mismatch once S2 comes out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d4e40f44920a
deactivated-5d4e40f44920a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greysentinel365 said:

Alisa loses. Badly.

This will only become more of a mismatch once S2 comes out.

....and you were right :)

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke

IchiNiSanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By IchiNiSanji

Mum may be stronger but luke has durability and skill on his side

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Shinne

The title looks a little bit silly now... Also, Luke should win.

DStuivenberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke would easily win. He's much more durable, and likely at least as strong as Alisa. Even if we were to give Alisa the strength advantage, Luke should take this 8/10. I don't think it's a complete stomp, since Alisa is way more vicious than Luke and would give him at least a tough time for a while, giving Alisa plenty of time to go for the eyes or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc
deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alisa is more vicious and stronger than Jessica. Alisa wins.

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alisa likely has the advantage in physical strength, speed, and agility. But Luke has the advantage in skill, and durability. Alisa can definitely hurt Luke with his punches. I think Luke, but in a very difficult fight.

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alisa is no where as Durable as Cage. She wasn't even bulletproof and also had to tend to her injuries after falling out a second story window. She may be as strong but her skin can't take the damage Luke's skin can.

Him being bulletproof doesn't really matter. I mean, come on, what are they gonna do? Stab each other? What matters here is who can take more punches, and who is the better fighter.