MCU Luke Cage vs. MCU Spiderman

• 140 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Round 1: H2H only

Round 2: PETER CAN USE HIS WEBS

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter is to fast and agile. Cage will never touch him and Peter can most likely hurt Cage. He stomps with webbing.

Avatar image for deactivated-6081fb94189dc
deactivated-6081fb94189dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman is very distracted, as he expressed in his battle against Falcon, which allowed Falcon beat him.

50/50

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@camilopezo: He didn't lose man. He incapacitated Falcon and Winter Soldier.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter webs him

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Spidey both rounds

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Peter stomps him with one hand behind his back. People need to stop overrating Luke Cage.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adriusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man wins both rounds.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rogueshadow  Moderator

Spidey has the strength to harm Cage and should eventually take him out, but it will likely require a real beat down. As long as Peter doesn't do something dumb on account of being a rookie, Cage isn't tagging Spidey, like... ever.

However, I don't think his webbing would hold Luke to be honest, I don't think it's shown that it has the strength to pin somebody who can dig through concrete with his bare hands or get hit by a car without moving a muscle.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WastelandMan
  1. Pete eventually.
  2. Pete probably just webs him up.
GreatSpiderBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey has the strength to harm Cage and should eventually take him out, but it will likely require a real beat down. As long as Peter doesn't do something dumb on account of being a rookie, Cage isn't tagging Spidey, like... ever.

However, I don't think his webbing would hold Luke to be honest, I don't think it's shown that it has the strength to pin somebody who can dig through concrete with his bare hands or get hit by a car without moving a muscle.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

spiderman stomps

hulkuberstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hulkuberstomp

Spider man has better strength feats(hold 20 tons over his head),but Cage has betterdurability.

1)spider man with low difficulty

2)Peter stomps.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The real question is how long would it take Spiderman to KO Cage

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Bump

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bflynn316

How is everyone saying Spiderman stomps? He has like no feats so far. He's been in one fight scene and he was far from the focus of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6081fb94189dc
deactivated-6081fb94189dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke cage wins, for durability.

Skullanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1: Spidy

2: Spidy webs him and turns him into a yoyo

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: He doesn't need an abundance of feats to know what he's capable of. The one fight scene he had showed what he can do at this point, and that's enough to give an opinion, and I agree with the majority, he is well beyond what Cage could hope to beat. Cage had trouble with a character who had nothing going for him but strength, durability, and some degree of boxing skill, and Cage only won through a plot victory at that.

Spider-Man is probably slightly weaker in striking power and slightly less durable then Diamond Back, but his advantages with webbing, speed, and acrobatics far outweigh his very small shortcomings.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jayskee

I'm going to go with Cage. He's stronger and much more durable

JBBuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't know what you people are watching when you see Luke Cage. Luke DEFINITELY wins round one. Captain America was took Spidey out and Cage is likely 2-3x stronger than Cap and far more durable. Cap was able to use brute strength to overcome Spidey's with his own webs at one point. Yeah, Spiderman caught a Prius, but like others have said, Luke bulldozed an SUV. I also understand that Spiderman is very fast and agile but that didn't stop him from getting tagged several times by 'slower' Avengers.

Round one goes to LC solidly and round two is a toss up, but like Luke's chances.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jbbuc: I known LC is new and exciting, but let's not get carried away and call him 2-3 times stronger then Cap. If anything, I'd say Cap is slightly stronger then Cage after watching the series. Cage has similar striking feats, but shear strength is still Cap's advantage. Motorcycle, ibeam, and helicopter are still out of Cage's league based on what he's done. The last two had Cap with adrenaline, but Cage with adrenaline had him lift farm equipment to break down parts of a barn, which shouldn't require as much strength as what Cap has done.

Avatar image for spideyandslendy
spideyandslendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Peter both rounds

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Round one could go either way, Spidey strength feat was still impressive and not to mention better speed, but he is less durable so he can't handle many punches and is unexperience.

Round twi, slight favor to Spidey.

JBBuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Come on, bro...

Loading Video...

You really see Cap getting it done like this?

JBBuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JBBuc

@tparks: Better yet, how about the many instances of Luke crumpling up guns effortlessly? Cap using the motorcycle's momentum to hurl it like a weapon is a great strength feat, but Cage bringing the momentum of an SUV to such a sudden stop that he totals it is a greater strength feat, in my opinion.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

Round one could go either way, Spidey strength feat was still impressive and not to mention better speed, but he is less durable so he can't handle many punches and is unexperience.

Round twi, slight favor to Spidey.

His durability wasn't that bad. When he caught war machine he went flying and slammed into a truck (feet first admittedly) and knocked it over without any damage to his legs. Catching a punch from Bucky, and shield bashes from cap without being knocked out, and even taking the hit from giant man shows super human durability.

I also doubt cage is going to go all out against what is clearly a kid. I am only on episode 9 of Luke Cage but unless Cage gets some significantly better speed feats I also doubt Cage is touching him:

No Caption Provided

I realize Cage is surprisingly skilled but I doubt he's done anything to contend with this level of agility.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is everyone saying Spiderman stomps? He has like no feats so far. He's been in one fight scene and he was far from the focus of it.

The air port fight scene had multiple fights. We saw plenty of spider-man during the air port scene.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jbbuc: The scene you posted doesn't show Luke doing anything Cap couldn't do, but Cap would do it a whole lot faster. Obviously Cap couldn't replicate the durability, but were just talking about fighting strength here.

I'll give Cage grip strength, as Cap will likely have to strain to crush a gun, but I don't know if grip strength is all that important, since I doubt he will get his hands on Peter that easily.

Cage also held his own to the car quite well as you mentioned, but a lot of that is durability too. If Cap digs his feet in and did that, his body would break because he's not as durable as Cage. I realize that took considerable strength, but it makes me believe Cage is just harder to be knocked down when he braces himself, but doesn't really factor as much into fighting strength as much as what Cap has done.

Either way, I can understand your argument of Cage being as strong or slightly stronger then Cap, even if I don't agree his strength lends itself to fighting as well as Cap's does, but I do not agree he is anywhere near 2 times stronger, and definitely not 3 times stronger.

Anyways, I won't derail the thread anymore of this being a Cap vs Cage debate. I get the significance, since Cap beat Peter, but I think there was a lot more to Cap winning against Peter then just strength anyways, so convincing me of his strength is probably not necessary. Feel free to argue my points if you disagree, as I don't want to take the chance for you too. I will read and consider them, but I probably won't respond to anything about Cap vs Cage in strength, just to be courteous to those not wanting yet another Cap vs Cage thread clone.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rogueshadow  Moderator
@rogueshadow said:

Still going with this.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-man wins both rounds

Adam_Taurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Adam_Taurus

I haven't watched MCU Luke cage but this current spidey gets distracted easily. My bet is 50/50

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey with high difficulty

Spidey with ease

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@bflynn316 said:

The air port fight scene had multiple fights. We saw plenty of spider-man during the air port scene.

@tparks said:

@bflynn316: He doesn't need an abundance of feats to know what he's capable of. The one fight scene he had showed what he can do at this point, and that's enough to give an opinion, and I agree with the majority, he is well beyond what Cage could hope to beat.

I hear what both of you are saying, but I have to disagree. Spiderman never really exerted himself to a full extent in the brief clips we did see of him. After watching the airport fight scene I didn't feel I had a comprehensive understanding of his abilities at all.

For example, I know it's a point of discussion whether or not this version of Spiderman has a spidey sense. I would argue it seems he does given that part where he reacted to flying debris before it was shown on screen, but others say that he could've just heard it or seen it coming from off screen. We don't really get any significant strength or reaction feats like the previous spidermen have had, because his movie hasn't come out.

Loading Video...

If you look, Spiderman is only in less than 7 minutes of footage, and most of that is just dialogue and jokes anyway.

So I stand by what I said, I don't think we've seen enough from Spiderman yet to use in battle forum debates like this very well.

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey is way faster and agile than Luke.

Luke can probably rip through the webbing given a couple seconds to work at it, but that should be enough for spidey to rattle his skull.

Cap beat spidey with experience. Luke's still a rookie. Luke's power set is not well suited to deal with spidey, who could web him up and whip him around like a tether ball due to his superior leverage from spidey surface stick.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_ said:

KenKenKillTiT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman has Spidey Sense but it looks like he hasn't fully mastered it, or it takes a while to kick in since he was caught off guard by Falcon. Seems like if he's not 'paying attention' it doesn't work.
Spider-Man took a hit and a hard fall from Giant Man and it only left him KOed for a few seconds.
Spidey never got a lot of offense in, but he was able to stun Giant Man with a kick. The same Giant Man who was barely flinching when getting hit by explosions.
Agility wise, he was dodging cars midair, he reacted to and dodged a platform being thrown at him, he dodged Falcon's blitz the second time around

Based off that alone Spidey should get the win in both cases.
RD1: Luke will catch Spidey a few times due to his inexperience, but Spider-Man should be able to tank all his punches. I dont see Luke being able to combat Spider-Man's speed so im willing to bet Spider-Man would catch him with a strong blow and knock him out. I don't think Luke can match Giant Man's power.

RD2: Should be easier for Spidey. He'll use his web in the same way he did to Cap and Winter Soldier.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: That's fine. I personally disagree though. We don't have to know everything about a character to have educated guesses as to how they would do in a fight. If you think about it though, Spider-Man has already shown more fights against more established characters then Luke Cage already, even with only 7 minutes. All of the fodder Luke Cage fought doesn't really mean anything, since it doesn't even challenge him. He's had fights with two superhuman characters so far, lost one (albeit a fluke win for Jessica), and won one (albeit a plot win for Luke). He hasnt really displayed much else in the way of fighting abilities, yet we have a pretty good idea of what he's capable of based mostly off of non-combat related stuff, and two fights with arguably inconclusive results. I feel pretty confident saying Peter has shown enough to win, being too fast, too acrobatic, and strong enough to take a failry easy win. I'm not even considering a Spider-Sense for this either, as I don't think he needs one to win. Luke doesn't have the best track record with fighting when he has anyone that can challenge him either, where Peter's is fairly impressive, minus the one loss to Cap, but a loss to Cap isn't really that bad either. It is Captain America of the MCU, who just continues to defy expectations with each new movie.

oblivion360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spider-man both rounds

cage is definitely much more durable than spider-man or cap but his physical strength isn't on their level yet

in fact from the little showings that spider-man has he is way stronger than cage and the diamondback fight shows that cage can be hurt by people on his strength level.

r1 spider-man with some difficulties keeping cage down

r2 spider-man webs him up gg

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Tayssti

@tparks said:

@jbbuc: The scene you posted doesn't show Luke doing anything Cap couldn't do, but Cap would do it a whole lot faster. Obviously Cap couldn't replicate the durability, but were just talking about fighting strength here.

I'll give Cage grip strength, as Cap will likely have to strain to crush a gun, but I don't know if grip strength is all that important, since I doubt he will get his hands on Peter that easily.

Cage also held his own to the car quite well as you mentioned, but a lot of that is durability too. If Cap digs his feet in and did that, his body would break because he's not as durable as Cage. I realize that took considerable strength, but it makes me believe Cage is just harder to be knocked down when he braces himself, but doesn't really factor as much into fighting strength as much as what Cap has done.

Either way, I can understand your argument of Cage being as strong or slightly stronger then Cap, even if I don't agree his strength lends itself to fighting as well as Cap's does, but I do not agree he is anywhere near 2 times stronger, and definitely not 3 times stronger.

Anyways, I won't derail the thread anymore of this being a Cap vs Cage debate. I get the significance, since Cap beat Peter, but I think there was a lot more to Cap winning against Peter then just strength anyways, so convincing me of his strength is probably not necessary. Feel free to argue my points if you disagree, as I don't want to take the chance for you too. I will read and consider them, but I probably won't respond to anything about Cap vs Cage in strength, just to be courteous to those not wanting yet another Cap vs Cage thread clone.

Good stuff @tparks. Pretty much right there with you

Edit: In regards to this thread, going with Spidey.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: You think people overrate the crap out of him? Wait till Iron Fist comes out.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cage and spiderman are probabky similar in strength. We need to see more from spiderman. Cage is probably more durable. Spiderman is definitely faster. I would argue that cage is the more skilled fighter. Not any easy fight for both. Cage has taken strikes that have sent him smashed into a van and sent him flying 30ft and it slightly dazed him. No mcu street lvler has strikes like that and that's a fact. He is a lvl above guys like cap and bucky striking and durability wise

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man. He was able to subdue both Falcon and Winter Soldier. Even at a last resort, he could just web Luke to a wall and start wailing on him.

MrSwagglez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man wins both rounds

thebigman2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jbbuc:

I take it you skipped The Winter Soldier?? He lifts a metal beam off Bucky proven to weigh 50 tonnes and pushes a bulldozer that weighs 50-60 tonnes.... MCU Cap is a beast who constantly holds back.

Cap>Spidey>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Luke

In strength alone.