#1 Posted by bflynn316 (2632 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight takes place on the same bridge where Cap fought Bucky in TWS. Cap gets his shield and is in the suit he's got on in the picture. Who wins?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
#2 Posted by TheNaughtyTitan (10001 posts) - - Show Bio

All luke has done so far in the episodes I've watched is bone Jessica and random married women. So Luke via seduction, he'll pop caps 97 year old cherry.

#3 Posted by GraniteSoldier (12745 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't finished the series but Cap's blunt force should be plenty. He won't come at Luke with broken bottles and circular saws.

#4 Posted by bflynn316 (2632 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't finished the series but Cap's blunt force should be plenty. He won't come at Luke with broken bottles and circular saws.

Well Luke was able to withstand quite a bit of blunt force in what I've seen so far (up to episode 9) but I doubt any of the thugs in the pot farm had anywhere close to cap's amount of strength. Honestly I'm not sure if he's much stronger than Cap from what I've seen thus far, just much more durable.

#7 Posted by Helicoprion (3557 posts) - - Show Bio

captain america

#8 Posted by bflynn316 (2632 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by omnipotence88 (1209 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke is more durable but I don't know if he is stronger

#10 Posted by bflynn316 (2632 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke is more durable but I don't know if he is stronger

I think it's fair to say he's stronger, he was able to overpower Jessica who could lift a car (well kind of lift it).

#11 Edited by CitizenSentry (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America takes this

• Better Fighter
  • Stronger (the guy flipped a motorcycle with enough force to completely shatter a car).
  • Better Gear (Shield)
  • Faster
  • Smarter

Okay while many of you are going to say none of that means sh*t against a guy as durable as Luke Cage let me remind you that only his skin is unbreakable his internal organs and eyes on the other hand are just as normal as average humans so all Captain America has to do is keep focusing his punches on the --- spleen for example and eventually it will rupture thus resulting in Captain America winning via Incapacitation or death (depending on how bad the internal bleeding is).

#12 Posted by zr0c00l (3132 posts) - - Show Bio

cap turns his brain to jelly inside his skull with a shield slam

#13 Posted by huthimamwa (2166 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensentry: i dont think anyone is disagreeing with you. Nice pre-emptive counters though.

#14 Edited by Gigantonigro (240 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensentry: Cap isn't stronger than Luke. Cap didn't flipped the motorcycle by himself, he used its speed.

#15 Edited by CitizenSentry (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

@gigantonigro: Flipping a bike at speed is harder to do than flipping a standing (still) bike, due to the air pressure.

#16 Posted by Spector_Rand (3946 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America takes this

• Better Fighter
  • Stronger (the guy flipped a motorcycle with enough force to completely shatter a car).
  • Better Gear (Shield)
  • Faster
  • Smarter

Okay while many of you are going to say none of that means sh*t against a guy as durable as Luke Cage let me remind you that only his skin is unbreakable his internal organs and eyes on the other hand are just as normal as average humans so all Captain America has to do is keep focusing his punches on the --- spleen for example and eventually it will rupture thus resulting in Captain America winning via Incapacitation or death (depending on how bad the internal bleeding is).

Thats assuming Cap knows to target said areas. Figured I'd just point that out haha.

Cage's base durability is higher than Cap's I believe.

But I agree Cap wins. Luke's striking seems to be less than what it takes to KO (well, we don't know what it takes but Ultron,WS, falling from buildings and grenades hasn't done it). Cap's skill advantage means he can hit Luke at a whim.

#17 Edited by CitizenSentry (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

@spector_rand: I'm on my phone so I can't quote sorry, but I believe once Cap hits him a few times with his shield I'm assuming he will realise something is up so he will (again the scenario I depicted in my previous post is a guess) begin targeting the same place over and over again. After all a standard medical needle was able to get through Luke's eye, so Luke's internal organs having 'average' durability is not a long shot in the slightest.

#18 Edited by Thedailybagel (12361 posts) - - Show Bio

@bflynn316: when did he overpower Jess? The only time I rememebr so far (only episode 7) was when they first realised they both had powers and she overpowered him, given that his hands were shaking when he tried to reach for her and she pushed him away without looking like she was drastically exerting herself.

#19 Posted by Gigantonigro (240 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensentry: Nope, it isn't. If you want to throw a stone bigger distance you start running first. Like, Olympic people, or everyone else.

It's more a durability feat, that Cap is still in one piece, more than anything else.

#20 Edited by CitizenSentry (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

@gigantonigro: Yes the bike was going at speed, but you need to realize something, the second cap lifted the motorcycle it lost most of its momentum. Cap was the sole contributor to speed and strength behind the motorcycle when it was thrown.

#21 Posted by huthimamwa (2166 posts) - - Show Bio

@gigantonigro: watch the movie or the clip again. When Cap flipped over the bike, it was at a dead stop. He slammed the brakesfirst. There was no speed to use.

#22 Posted by killraven4334 (1146 posts) - - Show Bio

@helicoprion said:

captain america

Care to explain?

Luke Cage gets his skulled bashed in, you don't need to break the skin to do that. Cap has tanked hits from loki, a frost giant, whose strength is far about anything Luke has displayed.

Luke is outclassed as a fighter, has no way to get past captain americas shield. Luke cage only dented an the front of a bus, which isn't even solid high carbon steel. Luke goes down in a pile of intact skin around crushed and crumpled bones.

#23 Posted by Gigantonigro (240 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensentry: @huthimamwa: I think you have to learn physics again, because even if it stops, the energy isn't just gone, it's what threw Cap over the motorcycle and Cap could utilize it to throw the motorcycle itself.

It works exactly like this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YklbDgLiVqI

#24 Posted by Nomar (1638 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Cap is stronger than Luke. They are either equal or Luke edges him out slightly. Luke obviously gets the durability. Dude was at ground zero of an explosion and walked out fine. I think Cap wins due to everything else he brings to the table though.

#25 Posted by nerdchore (7869 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap

#26 Edited by buildhare (8373 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@gigantonigro: As of Jessica Jones/AOU Cap is stronger then Luke Cage

#27 Posted by Gigantonigro (240 posts) - - Show Bio

@buildhare: Thats a really good strength feat, one of the best Cap has. I'm not really sure who is stronger, they more or less all three in the same ballpark.

Cap wins, though. Luke fights like an idiot, even injured Matt didn't have that much problems with fodder.

PS: I just don't like this ridicules motorcycle throw feat. It's dumb.

#28 Edited by Nomar (1638 posts) - - Show Bio

@gigantonigro: Luke doesn't fight like an idiot and never had any issue with the fodder in the show. Also he's a brawler and not a martial artist like cap. That bar scene was awesome. He only fought badly in the scene where he had to fight JJ. I think this is because the actress isn't athletic enough to do good choreography. I know doubles are used in fight choreography sometimes but they didn't seem to go that route with her. With all that said though, ya Cap wins.

Edit: They chose a bad actress for JJ mostly because she has no athleticism and it shows. Which kills a lot of the show because they have to build the choreography around her. Watch the fights. The choreography is terrible, I mean really really bad.

#29 Posted by KingTPhil (1730 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap, obviously. Jesus. Cage was a cool character, but he's a street level guy.

#30 Posted by Nomar (1638 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingtphil: Huh? I mean he's probably gonna be doing street level stuff but lets not kid ourselves here. His stats are equal if not superior to Caps and he's insanely durable. If he had Caps skill, that would be insane. So he has to be a street brawler to even it out. Cap would beat him because of the massive skill gap.

#31 Posted by bflynn316 (2632 posts) - - Show Bio

@bflynn316: when did he overpower Jess? The only time I rememebr so far (only episode 7) was when they first realised they both had powers and she overpowered him, given that his hands were shaking when he tried to reach for her and she pushed him away without looking like she was drastically exerting herself.

Yeah it's after episode 7. I don't wanna give any spoilers so I'll just say keep watching.

#32 Posted by strangetales (1681 posts) - - Show Bio

@gigantonigro: Yes the bike was going at speed, but you need to realize something, the second cap lifted the motorcycle it lost most of its momentum. Cap was the sole contributor to speed and strength behind the motorcycle when it was thrown.

@gigantonigro: watch the movie or the clip again. When Cap flipped over the bike, it was at a dead stop. He slammed the brakesfirst. There was no speed to use.

It's called inertia. That is how he threw it.

I've only watched up to episode 9 but I'd say Cap and Luke are fairly similar in strenth probably not a huge difference. I dont know how to gauge Lukes blunt for durability for a KO but I havent see him get hit by someone like Cap yet. Cap is better in all the other categories as others have stated and has better equipment. Cap would be the win for me.

#33 Posted by Nomar (1638 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya Luke is stronger than Jess. As later episodes prove.

#34 Edited by huthimamwa (2166 posts) - - Show Bio

@strangetales: just finished the show today. You get a very good idea later how Luke deals with blunt force/internal damage. Such a good series. Loved it.

#35 Posted by strangetales (1681 posts) - - Show Bio

@huthimamwa: Yeah it's awesome so far. probably will finish of the series within the next few days

#36 Posted by omnipotence88 (1209 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap can beat him if he targets his organs

#37 Posted by LEGACY6364 (7408 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke is stronger and more durable. But the Captain is faster and better trained.

At best - Captain America.

At worst - Stalemate

#38 Posted by slimj87d (15622 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America should be able to take Luke. The shield breaks hardened steel cables and locks. Destroys Ultron bots made of Stark tech.

Luke got head trauma from a gunshot under his chin, I think Cap can bang the hell out of his head and eventually land a shield uppercut that would do Luke in.

#39 Posted by zill0678 (2314 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Luke gets stomped by cap. Let's see if his season will give him the feats he needs to go toe to toe with cap

#41 Posted by abraham700 (660 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

@gigantonigro: As of Jessica Jones/AOU Cap is stronger then Luke Cage

Luke cage is stronger than Captain America.

Luke cage is level Superhuman, Steve is level Enhanced.

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Powers_and_Abilities

#42 Posted by T1793456 (322 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone really think that Cage's unbreakable skin can withstand vibranium?

#43 Posted by rogueshadow (28483 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke is significantly stronger than Steve, he has less quantifiable feats like hurling/lifting motorcycles or holding back helicopters, but the way he brushed off Jessica in episode 5 was damned impressive, this is a woman who can stop a car with one hand, rip off heads with her bare hands and kill a woman with a single punch, Luke pushed her aside like a gnat.

I don't think we're going to see Luke let loose until the Defenders.

That said, Steve obviously wins right now, repeat shield bashing/striking will put Luke down and Steve is far too fast and skilled for Luke to get a hold of.

#44 Edited by Tayssti (1319 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap. He has EVERY ADVANTAGE over Luke other the piercing durability, but Cap generates way more then enough force to knock him out like the shot gun blast did.

Shotgun Muzzle Energy

Here is a good link to how much force a 12-gauge shotgun puts out at the muzzle as well as other shotguns.

These Remington Buckhammer loads claim the most impressive ballistics of the bunch. The 12 gauge 2 3/4″ load has a MV of 1550 fps and ME of 2935 ft. lbs. The 100 yard figures are 1145 fps and 1600 ft. lbs. Zeroed at 50 yards, the 1 1/4 ounce slug should hit 3.6″ low at 100 yards, so it is still a short range load. Naturally, they kick like the very devil in a shotgun of average weight.

410 shotgun muzzle energy 400-900 ft/lbs

28-gauge muzzle energy 1100-1400 ft/lbs

20-gauge muzzle energy 1200-2200 ft/lbs

12-gauge muzzle energy 2000-3000 ft/lbs

So a 12 gauge shotgun puts out at best about double the amount of force of the hardest hitting heavyweight boxers. About the same as being hit by my Mike Tyson if he could hit double as hard as he could in his prime. Clearly Cap has MUCH higher striking feats that put him above that amount of force. If Cap wasn't holding back he could likely one shot Luke as of now.

Luke's blunt durability looks to be at most peak human from what we have seen so far. However his piercing durability is very much superhuman

#45 Posted by omri (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America 10/10

#46 Posted by iSoupreme (428 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't watch JJ but from what I've seen on Cage in the Vine, Cap's motorcycle throw trumps his strength, with Cap's shield evening out the durability.

#47 Posted by bflynn316 (2632 posts) - - Show Bio

@tayssti said:

Cap. He has EVERY ADVANTAGE over Luke other the piercing durability, but Cap generates way more then enough force to knock him out like the shut gun blast did.

Shotgun Muzzle Energy

Here is a good link to how much force a 12-gauge shotgun puts out at the muzzle as well as other shotguns.

These Remington Buckhammer loads claim the most impressive ballistics of the bunch. The 12 gauge 2 3/4″ load has a MV of 1550 fps and ME of 2935 ft. lbs. The 100 yard figures are 1145 fps and 1600 ft. lbs. Zeroed at 50 yards, the 1 1/4 ounce slug should hit 3.6″ low at 100 yards, so it is still a short range load. Naturally, they kick like the very devil in a shotgun of average weight.

410 shotgun muzzle energy 400-900 ft/lbs

28-gauge muzzle energy 1100-1400 ft/lbs

20-gauge muzzle energy 1200-2200 ft/lbs

12-gauge muzzle energy 2000-3000 ft/lbs

So a 12 gauge shotgun puts out at best about double the amount of force of the hardest hitting heavyweight boxers. About the same as being hit by my Mike Tyson if he could hit double as hard as he could in his prime. Clearly Cap has MUCH higher striking feats that put him above that amount of force. If Cap wasn't holding back he could likely one shot Luke as of now.

Luke's blunt durability looks to be at most peak human from what we have seen so far. However his piercing durability is very much superhuman

That's a really great and thorough measurement of the damage output of a shotgun in terms of blunt force, but that amount of blunt force won't work on a regular headshot. The shotgun shot him in a very vulnerable place and was much more focused than a punch would be. Not saying Cap couldn't put him down with a strong shield blow to the head, just saying that it's hard to quantify how much damage that would take.

On another note, would you be able to calculate how much energy this was? Because it seems like Cage's most impressive feat, but I'm not sure how impressive it really is.

No Caption Provided

#48 Posted by nfactor1995 (12653 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap would win. Faster, better fighter, probably stronger, more fighting experience most likely. Cage might have him in durability but that's it. Cage wouldn't go down easily but Cap would still take it every time.

#49 Edited by Tayssti (1319 posts) - - Show Bio

@bflynn316

The shot gun went off on his chin. I'm fairly certain that's not any more vulnerable then getting shot right on the skull, temple, etc.

Honestly in the location that he was shot at a fist probably wouldn't have much more if any more surface area to disperse the force. The chin is a pretty small point.

Here is a screen shot of Luke Cage before he got shot.

No Caption Provided

Compared to your average chin sitting on a fist.

No Caption Provided

The whole surface area of the fist is not actually making contact, actually less then 1/2 of the fist would be making contact with the chin bone. Try it on yourself. I did it to myself and only about this much is actually resting on the chin bone.

No Caption Provided

The difference between the contact area of the shot gun blast and a fist on a chin wouldn't be much.

A 12 gauage shot gun barrel has a diameter anywhere from .73-.80 of an inch, so a radius of approximately .375. So we find the circumference C = 2πr. So the circumference equals 2.36 inches. That's the size of the contact patch the shutgun blast would cover on the chin.

The average surface area of a fist is around 9 inches. But only around 3/8's of the actual fist would be making contact if it where hitting in the location on the chin. So the contact area would drop down to 3.375 inches.

So the amount of the fist actually making contact is probably around a 1/3 larger in surface area then the shot gun blast.

It took a shot gun producing around 2,000-3000 pounds of force in an area of 2.36 inches to knock Luke out and almost kill him.

A fist could do something similar with around 2600-4000 pounds of force with the surface area at 3.375 inches and almost kill him.

You wouldn't even need that much to just knock him out.

Cap can generate much more power then that in his fists.

#50 Posted by Tayssti (1319 posts) - - Show Bio

@bflynn316:

On another note, would you be able to calculate how much energy this was? Because it seems like Cage's most impressive feat, but I'm not sure how impressive it really is.

Regarding this, id actually have to watch the scene again but it looks like there is an extensive amount of variables that are probably unknown. Ill check it out though