MCU Luke Cage vs Gas Weakened DCEU Superman

• 57 results
Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll MCU Luke Cage vs Gas Weakened DCEU Superman (106 votes)

Luke Cage 56%
Gassed Superman 41%
Results 4%
 • 
Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman's power was fluctuating wildly from the Kryptonite. At his absolute weakest, staying at that level for the whole fight, Cage can beat him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab47f6017f34
deactivated-5ab47f6017f34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cage wins.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as Superman doesn't recover from the stage he's at when he was first hit by kryptonite, Cage wins.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MarvelandDCfan24

Depends how long Cage could win but I doubt he'd be able to kill Clark before it wore off if he's gassed indefinitely than cage wins

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheWatcherKing

Superman.

The OP never said that Superman isn't allowed to recover from the gas, so I don't see what the point is in saying Cage wins if he doesn't.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10 JediXMan  Moderator

I don't see Luke KO'ing Superman before he recovers.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

The_Fub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Fub

Assuming he doesn't recover? Cage. If not even a gas weakened Superman can take a beating, so Superman would hold off long enough to recover.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke stomps.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman would recover before Luke could finish him I'd think. If he stays in a gassed state then Luke would definitely win eventually.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman still couldn’t be put down by Batman who was much stronger than Luke.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman still couldn’t be put down by Batman who was much stronger than Luke.

Wait, Batman stronger than Luke? When did Batman stop a car like it was nothing again?

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The gas only makes his abilities diminish. It isn't potent enough to kill him. That job was reserved for the spear. The directors confirmed that Bruce's mech suit increased his strength 28 times. That should be much stronger than Luke's limit. The way I see it, Luke punches Clark for some time until the effects start to disappear and then Luke's ass is terminated.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RR79

The gas only makes his abilities diminish. It isn't potent enough to kill him. That job was reserved for the spear. The directors confirmed that Bruce's mech suit increased his strength 28 times. That should be much stronger than Luke's limit. The way I see it, Luke punches Clark for some time until the effects start to disappear and then Luke's ass is terminated.

I have a hard time believing that even 28 times a normal humans strength would be stronger than what Luke Cage has shown. Not saying that it is impossible, just hard to believe. Maybe, rather than going on simply director statements, it should be judged in feats.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Amendment50

If Clark was simply hit with a Kryptonite grenade before the fight started and his powers are replenishing during the fight then Cage definitely can't beat him. The terms of the OP are unclear.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deltahuman

@rr79:

Except comparing feats of the suit and Luke is a bit difficult because the suit only has couple of minutes of screen time, Luke has multiple seasons worth of that. Quantifiable feats for the suit are less. The suit definitely has more durability than Luke. Just look at the punishment it endured. Went through multiple floors of a building unscathed. The director's statement can be taken for face value in this case. Even if I agree that the Luke is a little bit stronger than the suit, that doesn't make any difference. Superman can't be killed without the Kryptonite spear. Luke is dead sooner or later.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79:

Except comparing feats of the suit and Luke is a bit difficult because the suit only has couple of minutes of screen time, Luke has multiple seasons worth of that. Quantifiable feats for the suit are less. The suit definitely has more durability than Luke. Just look at the punishment it endured. Went through multiple floors of a building unscathed. The director's statement can be taken for face value in this case. Even if I agree that the Luke is a little bit stronger than the suit, that doesn't make any difference. Superman can't be killed without the Kryptonite spear. Luke is dead sooner or later.

Oh I'm sure Superman would beat Luke, just saying that I find it very hard to believe that Batman would be stronger than Luke, even in the suit. I mean, Luke took a full power hit from Iron Fist that sent him flying(when he no sold a car) and just got right back up.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Superman in his gassed state really isn't that far off of Cage. I see Cage kinda bodying him at first but failing to inflict any serious damage. Superman starts his recovery pretty quickly, and it's not gonna be long before Cage becomes thoroughly outclassed.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: He threw Superman through 4 solid pillars. Luke has nothing comparable.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So stopping a car that is driving at normal highway speeds like it is nothing is not comparable? Interesting. Not exactly true, but interesting nevertheless.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JediXMan  Moderator
@rr79 said:
@highaccuser said:

Interesting. Not exactly true, but interesting nevertheless.

Do you have a counter argument or are you just going to be snarky?

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RR79

@jedixman said:
@rr79 said:
@highaccuser said:

Interesting. Not exactly true, but interesting nevertheless.

Do you have a counter argument or are you just going to be snarky?

I provided a counter argument. Stopping a car traveling at normal highway speeds is more powerful than throwing someone through a few pillars. Especially considering that Cage through people through walls and pillars casually in his show.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JediXMan  Moderator

@rr79 said:
Stopping a car traveling at normal highway speeds is more powerful than throwing someone through a few pillars.

That isn't an argument, that is a statement without proof. Prove it, and turn it into an argument. Saying something does not make it so, and responding with a sarcastic remark is not an argument.

I don't have an opinion on the matter, but I don't like overly simplistic comments that falsely assume they are superior without a solid argument basis..

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RR79

@jedixman said:
@rr79 said:
Stopping a car traveling at normal highway speeds is more powerful than throwing someone through a few pillars.

That isn't an argument, that is a statement without proof. Prove it, and turn it into an argument. Saying something does not make it so, and responding with a sarcastic remark is not an argument.

I don't have an opinion on the matter, but I don't like overly simplistic comments that falsely assume they are superior without a solid argument basis..

So his statement was an argument with proof? Interesting. In other words, you are being hypocritical. You say my statement has no proof(when it is pretty obvious) but yet his statement had no proof either and you say nothing.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JediXMan  Moderator

@rr79 said:
@jedixman said:
@rr79 said:

So his statement was an argument with proof? Interesting. In other words, you are being hypocritical. You say my statement has no proof(when it is pretty obvious) but yet his statement had no proof either and you say nothing.

He wasn't being snarky in his response.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a35e2b016e76
deactivated-5a35e2b016e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@rr79 said:
@jedixman said:
@rr79 said:

He wasn't being snarky in his response.

Image result for stephen a removes glasses gif

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes easily

js_the_beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Everything you are saying is hypocritical. Were was your argument? No one cares if you don't like snarky comments or not.

Avatar image for redhoodsavagery
redhoodsavagery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman luke does not have the strength to hurt superman

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@js_the_beast: lmao you do realize he's a mod right. He could ban your ass within a minute.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28
deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@js_the_beast: You should watch when you’re talking to a moderator. Especially this guy he has a short fuse ??

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always heard people say the opposite, that the suit was confirmed not to amplify Batman's strength. Where did this 28 times number come from?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28
deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a source for this? Just curious.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Superman isn't allowed to recover then Luke can beat him easily

TorikoWONTDie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke Cage is shown visibly putting in effort to lift 2 cubic yards of concrete, which is about 8100 pounds. This was in defenders episode 2.

Luke can lift more of course, but that feat is good at getting a picture of where he is strength wise.

Point being, I don't think he'll e hitting harder than batman swing nd smashing superman through 4 concrete pillars. But Superman won't really be able to beat luke too death while weakened, which man's Luke wins eventually

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do remember the stuff about Bruce's stats being increased 28 times but now that I searched it again, I am having trouble finding the exact statements. It was a news article about the mech suit or something. Now I only found it being mentioned in DCEU Wiki which is not exactly a reliable source. I also found this video where it's stated and inferred from calculations which seem pretty accurate. This is the best I can do right now. Hope this helps a little. You'll find the 28 times strength increase being mentioned and calculated here

Loading Video...

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke Cage is shown visibly putting in effort to lift 2 cubic yards of concrete, which is about 8100 pounds. This was in defenders episode 2.

Luke can lift more of course, but that feat is good at getting a picture of where he is strength wise.

Point being, I don't think he'll e hitting harder than batman swing nd smashing superman through 4 concrete pillars. But Superman won't really be able to beat luke too death while weakened, which man's Luke wins eventually

To be fair, Defenders was all over the place with what they were capable of. He has better feats in his own show.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke if he ain't allowed to recover

Supes if he is

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Luke wins.

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By HulkBusterx9

According to google, Ben affleck weighs roughly 208 pounds. Strong, in-shape athletes can typically lift twice their own body weight. Someone above said the suit makes him 28 times stronger. 208 x 28= 5824. His mech suit can lift about 5824 pounds. Stronger than Luke.