MCU Jessica Jones vs. David Dunn (Unbreakable)

#1 Edited by Space_Coyote (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle takes place on a football field. Random encounter. Morals apply.

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by Cerberus369616 (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

Dunns best feat is getting out of the train crash unharmed, so I will buy him being too durable to killed by Jessica without drowning but he is nowhere near strong enough to really beat her. Her durability is questionable but if she just holds him down he can't really do anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
#3 Posted by deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba (5989 posts) - - Show Bio

David made it through a lot more destructive things without a scratch than anything she can dish out. She beats on him but eventually gets choked out.

#4 Posted by xSniperWolfiex (681 posts) - - Show Bio

David 7/10

#5 Posted by Rockette (6314 posts) - - Show Bio

David made it through a lot more destructive things without a scratch than anything she can dish out. She beats on him but eventually gets choked out.

QFT.

#6 Posted by Direflash (762 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Davids powers are somelike adaptive. He takes the damage and adapts to it instantly. I mean in his bench press scene he could just do more and more weights even if he did not think he could. Dont think Jessica can do anything to him.

#7 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18397 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't know. Like @direflash said...it seems like his powers are adaptable, but to me there's still a big x-factor. I mean he's tanked a train crash, so it's unlikely she'll be able to hurt him, and we can ASSUME we could lift a lot more than what he did on the weight bench, but we don't KNOW that. We also don't know if he can be that strong on command. It's fair to assume he's not always at full strength or he'd be ripping doors off walls or crushing people's hands when he shook them.

Hard to say.

#8 Posted by Direflash (762 posts) - - Show Bio

@heroup2112:

I dont think he is that strong always, but like I said he adapts to the situation. You remember the final fight of the movie with the creep? He did not overcome the guy with pure strenght but with a lockhold. And why I see he adapts, because the way he lifted the 250 pounds and 350 pounds. It was the same effort to do so, he lifted them with the same effort. So I would suggest he would lift 800 pounds with the same effort for the first time, but dont think he would go in to a hulk mode after that either.

#9 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18397 posts) - - Show Bio

@heroup2112:

I dont think he is that strong always, but like I said he adapts to the situation. You remember the final fight of the movie with the creep? He did not overcome the guy with pure strenght but with a lockhold. And why I see he adapts, because the way he lifted the 250 pounds and 350 pounds. It was the same effort to do so, he lifted them with the same effort. So I would suggest he would lift 800 pounds with the same effort for the first time, but dont think he would go in to a hulk mode after that either.

That's how I think it would work too. I'm just wondering if his strength would increase to the "just enough" level to overcome her durability. Would his power "know" to do that? Just a curiosity I have, especially since it seems like they may be setting up a confrontation between Dunn and "The Beast" from Spit in this upcoming Unbreakable sequel.

#10 Posted by Direflash (762 posts) - - Show Bio

@heroup2112:

Yeah it is hard to tell what is the output of his powers, but what we can see they could be limitless. But that is only speculation anyway. For the Unbreakable sequel I am anyway seriously hyped. Unbreakable is still one of my favourate movies and Shyamalans Split was also amazing movie imo. So I am waiting Glass to rumble my insides when it comes.

#11 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18397 posts) - - Show Bio

@heroup2112:

Yeah it is hard to tell what is the output of his powers, but what we can see they could be limitless. But that is only speculation anyway. For the Unbreakable sequel I am anyway seriously hyped. Unbreakable is still one of my favourate movies and Shyamalans Split was also amazing movie imo. So I am waiting Glass to rumble my insides when it comes.

I think Unbreakable was an awesome movie. I don't get why so many people realllly don't like it. Many say it's slow and boring but I watched it on HBO the other day and even though I knew everything that was going to happen I thought it was still a tightly woven, compelling story. Split was really awesome as well. Shymamalan's movies are VERY hit or miss for me but these are his two best in my book...along with Sixth Sense. I'm with you, I can't wait for the Unbreakable sequel.

#12 Posted by Direflash (762 posts) - - Show Bio

@heroup2112:

It was really a different kind of a superhero movie, and that is why I liked it. It was a subtle way to make a man in to a superhero and more reallistic of a kind. I just hope Shyamalamannan wont go over the edge with the next one and and include some over the top matrix kind of bullcrap asskicking in to it.

#13 Posted by mrmonster (16422 posts) - - Show Bio

The only remote hope Jessica has is if there is a pool near them. Without water, she has no remote hope of winning.

#14 Posted by Space_Coyote (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#15 Posted by minorincon32 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

Jessica taking on hand peoples made me think she stands a much better chance here.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#16 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43600 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#17 Posted by blacharrt (1937 posts) - - Show Bio

Jessica Jones, Glass, the beast was man handling him, he is not as strong as Jessica Jones. Also Jessica is a better fighter. Jessica is a really good detective she would figure out his weakness eventually

#18 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43600 posts) - - Show Bio

David in a good fight

#19 Posted by BaneCapital (1178 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is better:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/bruce-willis-vs-the-rock-wrestlemania-35-1979865/

Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
#20 Posted by WolverineBatmanFTW (1844 posts) - - Show Bio

@direflash:

In response to your point about David not overcoming the orange man with strength, I'm pretty sure that's because being underwater weakens him. They confirmed this at the end of Glass.

#21 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43600 posts) - - Show Bio

David took the fight out of the Beast with just a couple hits at the end of Glass. I think he’s beating Jessica for sure.

#22 Posted by Owie (7225 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Jessica is a better fighter and her semi-flight gives her a big maneuverability advantage if she takes advantage of it. But I agree that David has better durability. In the end he'll probably win.