No Caption Provided

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 rogueshadow  Moderator

As princess, win by any means gives Shuri access to basically all of Wakanda so she'd stomp.

Tony destroys her if they have to go in solo, her intelligence/prep feats are massively inferior and she is nowhere near as experienced a combatant.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm depends of the equipment I guess.

Shuri has a bigger pool of wealth and resources.

Stark is the more experienced combatant and with better stats by miles.

Their intelligence seems to be relatively similar.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

bump

imagein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shuri is stated to be more intelligent than Tony Stark, and her intelligence feats are superior (she is the head person to invent and develop Wakanda’s current technology at the age of 16, which is more advanced than Stark’s and a much higher intelligence accomplishment than anything he has done in his entire life) in addition to having way more wealth and resources. Tony’s combat feats are superior, but I don’t see how this helps him in this scenario.

Shuri will invent something that will make Tony’s combat experience moot. She’s smarter, has invented better technology than him, is much richer, and has access to more resources. And by *any* means?

Airgetlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As princess, win by any means gives Shuri access to basically all of Wakanda so she'd stomp.

Tony destroys her if they have to go in solo, her intelligence/prep feats are massively inferior and she is nowhere near as experienced a combatant.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Shuri

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

her intelligence/prep feats are massively inferior

From where do you draw that inference? She spearheaded most of Wakanda tech which are massively superior to Tony's.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@nehyolaw said:
@rogueshadow said:

From where do you draw that inference? She spearheaded most of Wakanda tech which are massively superior to Tony's.

Wakanda was technologially advanced long before Shuri, all the tech they have doesn't come from her. And she was heavily dependent on Vibranium in most of her tech, unlike Tony. She also worked as the head of a big R&D team, Tony's suits/accomplishments are usually done solo in his workshop.

And T'challa's suit was the best she could produce but it is inferior to Tony's Iron Man suits, which are stronger, can fly, have many weapons, lasers, A.I. etc.

Mr_Bavadin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stark.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 krisbishop  Moderator

@nehyolaw said:
@rogueshadow said:

Wakanda was technologically advanced long before Shuri, all the tech they have doesn't come from her. And she was heavily dependent on Vibranium in most of her tech, unlike Tony. She also worked as the head of a big R&D team, Tony's suits/accomplishments are usually done solo in his workshop.

And T'Challa's suit was the best she could produce but it is inferior to Tony's Iron Man suits, which are stronger, can fly, have many weapons, lasers, A.I. etc.

One could argue that Tony's work was based off his dad too. Even the arc reactor was Howard's design. Wakanda was technologically advanced but Shuri improved it vastly. She could come up with a sonic cannon that disables vibranium and boots that are completely sound absorbent.

Just because BP's suit can't fly and have many weapons doesn't mean her best is limited to that. It's just not the Black Panther's style. She could make the suit absorb and unleash kinetic energy and appear from just a necklace through possibly nano tech. That's far more advanced than Tony's suit. (I know Tony's suit can do that in Infinity War, but we don't know how yet. For all we know he could've gotten the tech from Shuri [unlikely but just a random theory])

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@nehyolaw said:
@rogueshadow said:
@nehyolaw said:
@rogueshadow said:

Wakanda was technologically advanced long before Shuri, all the tech they have doesn't come from her. And she was heavily dependent on Vibranium in most of her tech, unlike Tony. She also worked as the head of a big R&D team, Tony's suits/accomplishments are usually done solo in his workshop.

And T'Challa's suit was the best she could produce but it is inferior to Tony's Iron Man suits, which are stronger, can fly, have many weapons, lasers, A.I. etc.

One could argue that Tony's work was based off his dad too. Even the arc reactor was Howard's design. Wakanda was technologically advanced but Shuri improved it vastly. She could come up with a sonic cannon that disables vibranium and boots that are completely sound absorbent.

Just because BP's suit can't fly and have many weapons doesn't mean her best is limited to that. It's just not the Black Panther's style. She could make the suit absorb and unleash kinetic energy and appear from just a necklace through possibly nano tech. That's far more advanced than Tony's suit. (I know Tony's suit can do that in Infinity War, but we don't know how yet. For all we know he could've gotten the tech from Shuri [unlikely but just a random theory])

Tony miniaturised it which is monumental, the arc reactor was the size of a small building, now it's the size of a handheld phone and he did it in a cave with a box of scraps. He also, at a glance, nearly perfected the extremis formula while hungover in a few minutes, his data was the basis that a whole team of genius' spent the next five years using as their baseline. Then when Pepper gets the virus, he just cures it like it's no big deal.

I don't think Shuri vastly improved Wakanda, I don't recall that ever being stated, she's just the head of the gonvenmental/royal R&D department. I got the impression that Wakanda has had sci-fiesque tech for a long, long time. I also feel like, as intelligence goes, Shuri just has far more to work with, which is vibranium and the already highly advanced nation of Wakanda, Shuri created the necklace suit, but Tony created the suitcase suit and as you say, seemingly Bleeding Edge. The necklace is impressive (but less powerful), but Tony was starting from a far, far lower baseline.

I don't think the style idea holds, the BP suit was the cutting edge, the best she had, and it's inferior to what Tony can produce. That's all we have to go off, when you look at their top-end tech, Tony's is far better, what he brings to this fight is gonna be better, and he's a far more experienced combatant.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What would be Crazy is if Tony was given access to Shuri’s resources. Both have impressive tech feats but Shuri basically has a cheat code lol. I’d pay to see what Tony can do with vibranium.

OT I think IM takes it. I don’t think Tony is to be underestimated.

JSDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Realistically, logically & in-universe, Shuri. She's been stated by high-ups (directors, actors etc.) to be smarter than Tony, and she has access to greater resources being princess of Wakanda. His only advantage is in terms of combat, but she should be able to overcome the difference.

Going by feats, probably Tony.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 krisbishop  Moderator

@nehyolaw said:
@rogueshadow said:
@nehyolaw said:
@rogueshadow said:

Tony miniaturized it which is monumental, the arc reactor was the size of a small building, now it's the size of a handheld phone and he did it in a cave with a box of scraps. He also, at a glance, nearly perfected the extremis formula while hungover in a few minutes, his data was the basis that a whole team of genius' spent the next five years using as their baseline. Then when Pepper gets the virus, he just cures it like it's no big deal.

I don't think Shuri vastly improved Wakanda, I don't recall that ever being stated, she's just the head of the gonvenmental/royal R&D department. I got the impression that Wakanda has had sci-fiesque tech for a long, long time. I also feel like, as intelligence goes, Shuri just has far more to work with, which is vibranium and the already highly advanced nation of Wakanda, Shuri created the necklace suit, but Tony created the suitcase suit and as you say, seemingly Bleeding Edge. The necklace is impressive (but less powerful), but Tony was starting from a far, far lower baseline.

I don't think the style idea holds, the BP suit was the cutting edge, the best she had, and it's inferior to what Tony can produce. That's all we have to go off, when you look at their top-end tech, Tony's is far better, what he brings to this fight is gonna be better, and he's a far more experienced combatant.

Maybe the suit was her best, but her weapons were definitely way more advanced than Tony's. I guess I get that she has an advantage through Wakanda's advanced technology and vibranium, so I'll agree that maybe her intelligence feats are inferior but not massively. But after all she's currently only 16.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rogueshadow  Moderator

@nehyolaw: I agree that her only being 16 is a factor to consider, but I don't feel she's done stuff on the same level as Tony yet in terms of intelligence or the overall power levels of her tech.

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Tony create the Hulk-buster , which could fodderize the black panther suits ?

TheBeardOfZues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony wins.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 krisbishop  Moderator

@rogueshadow: I guess it's pretty hard to compare since she's made more impressive tech but only because of her advantages in Wakanda. We'd never know for sure if she could do what Tony does in his shoes or vice versa.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rogueshadow  Moderator

@nehyolaw said:

@rogueshadow: I guess it's pretty hard to compare since she's made more impressive tech but only because of her advantages in Wakanda. We'd never know for sure if she could do what Tony does in his shoes or vice versa.

Her tech is more technically impressive in a sense, specifically the necklace that can become a full body suit, but her tech isn't more impressive in terms of actual power when you look at the Hulkbuster, Extremis virus, Iron Man/War Machine suits etc.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:
@nehyolaw said:

Her tech is more technically impressive in a sense, specifically the necklace that can become a full body suit, but her tech isn't more impressive in terms of actual power when you look at the Hulkbuster, Extremis virus, Iron Man/War Machine suits etc.

Maybe he has her beat in computer technology (like programming and AI) since they didn't show too much of it, but her kinetic absorbing and vibranium disabling technology alone pretty much beats the suits. Even her weapons seem simpler but are more destructive (a simple spear that could destroy an entire jet). Once again, only to her Wakandan advantages.

I think it's also worth noting that her work is spread across both military and civil applications while Tony concentrates on weapons.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hank Pym is the highest level of genius as of now for me.

Tony is still better than Shuri. I mean she just has a very advanced mind which is comparable to the likes of stark. The stuff she has been able to create is because she has had access to Vibranium and Wakanda's solid scientific base.

If Tony is given access to Vibranium, he could do unimaginable things.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rogueshadow  Moderator

@nehyolaw said:
@rogueshadow said:
@nehyolaw said:

Maybe he has her beat in computer technology (like programming and AI) since they didn't show too much of it, but her kinetic absorbing and vibranium disabling technology alone pretty much beats the suits. Even her weapons seem simpler but are more destructive (a simple spear that could destroy an entire jet). Once again, only to her Wakandan advantages.

I think it's also worth noting that her work is spread across both military and civil applications while Tony concentrates on weapons.

Functionally, Tony's suits are more impressive than T'Challa's suits. Tony's suits can fly, lift tanks, shrug off anti-aircraft rounds, survive being stuck in the rotors of a Helicarrier, produce lasers that melt titanium/steel like butter, absorb electricity, spam high-powered missiles etc. His higher end ones can throw down with the Hulk. Tony's suits, barring PIS, would defeat Shuri's in a fight.

Also, absorption of kinetic energy is a natural property of Vibranium, Shuri figured out how to redistribute the energy it stored.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shuri is smarter no doubt, but Tony specializes more in tactics regarding combat so him.

Killermovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump now with Tony's Nanite suit

ScrewThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shuri is so overhyped. No she isn't smarter than Tony . She's more knowledgeable about vibranium and has more advanced equipment but Tony would still outbuild her and given the same resources completely stomp.

ironbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony stomps.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 anthp2000  Moderator

Could go either way.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Arcus1

Shuri has better resources, but Tony's a more experienced fighter and honestly has developed better weapons (suits like the Hulkbuster or his IW suit surpass any of Wakanda's weapons).

Assuming Shuri doesn't utilize Wakanda's army, Tony would probably win, but a month of prep opens up a ton of variables that could make it go either way. In terms of overall intelligence, I think they're supposed to be pretty comparable, with different areas of expertise

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 krisbishop  Moderator

Tony spends more time building weapons and making his suits into basically WMDs. Shuri spends more time engineering all the tech in Wakanda.

If Shuri used her resources she would definitely engineer something that clowns Tony.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1:

I think Shuri was portrayed as smarter than Banner, and by extension, probably Tony too.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

Based on what they've actually shown so far and not relying just on one snarky remark from Shuri, Tony stomps.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on directors' intent, Shuri.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is like the whole “Moon Girl is smarter than Reed Richards” bullshit. Tony has made Wakandan level tech WITHOUT vibranium. Until she does something more impressive (not to say she isn’t impressive), Tony is still smarter than her.

As is Hank Pym.

Early_Cuyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on what Marvel claims: Shuri.

Based on feats: Tony.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony due to feats.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shuri didn't just design weapons and specializes in vibranium based tech. Stark specializes in weapons and arc reactor technology. I'd give Stark the edge in a fight due to the amount of quality ranged weaponry he can bring. It would probably be close either way though. Vibranium is no joke.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow said:

Avatar image for deactivated-5af11b4bb7058
deactivated-5af11b4bb7058

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shuri was shown to be more intelligent than Banner, who is smarter than Stark. She can make something that will clown anything Stark has made this far, but he's got more battle experience.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 rogueshadow  Moderator

@cadillac said:

Shuri was shown to be more intelligent than Banner, who is smarter than Stark. She can make something that will clown anything Stark has made this far, but he's got more battle experience.

Nothing indicates this -- and all she did was point out one thing that was now relevant regarding a substance she is far more well acquainted with than both Bruce and Tony. We've seen Shuri's tech and it most definitely doesn't clown Tony's, it's markedly inferior.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony stomps Wakanda on his own.

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony's nanotech suit would solo a dozen Black Panther suits simultaneously. But Wakanda would stomp Tony. If you give Shuri all her resources and manpower she'd take the win.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Alavanka

Iron Man decks her. Not even a contest. Nano-tech suit slugging it out with Thanos, out performing the Hulk. Made a shield that resisted a power gem blast, and survived bus sized meteors impacts. All while piloted by a rich billionaire playboy, who basically has no military training. Stark invented a stable arc reactor and the iron man suit in a cave. He synthesized a new element in his basement. Makes you wonder how far Western society could have gotten with vibranium.

Black Panther suit was worn by a warrior-king with enhanced physicals on par with Captain America; Tossed around by Outriders. Black Panther suit wasn't even MVP against the Outriders. Both Hulkbuster and War Machine outperformed it. Remember that scene where the wheel thingys popped up from underground? T'challa panicked and called for a full retreat. War Machine shot one down. Stark's hand-me-downs from years ago can contend with state of the art Shuri-tech.

Avatar image for deactivated-5af11b4bb7058
deactivated-5af11b4bb7058

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: How does discussing the flaws of Tony and Bruce's integration of JARVIS into the Vision body have anything to do with her knowledge of vibranium?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@cadillac said:

@rogueshadow: How does discussing the flaws of Tony and Bruce's integration of JARVIS into the Vision body have anything to do with her knowledge of vibranium?

Because all of Vision's cells are made of vibranium.

eyuap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By eyuap

I also think that Shuri is more intelligent than Tony. But then again she is not. Shuri was born in Wakanda, a place which was already technological back when the world was still suffering. She surely had the best educaion in the whole world and of course, she is a princess. So I would say it's not that of a miracle for her to be more intelligent and invent cool stuff. Unlike her Tony is born in the normal world with limited technology and still he managed to make a suit which kept improving in every movie. Specially Infinity war. I would say he has made much more accomplishments than Shuri consiedering his birth place and it's technolgical advancements. All I am saying is imagine Tony Stark+current kowledge+Vibranium.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Word of God says Shuri is more intelligent. Wakanda has superior resources go Stark. Pretty cut and dry imo.

Malzahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me know when Shuri builds a suit to rival a universal level threats. Until then and doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as Stark.

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shuri's supposed to be more intelligent, the fact that only she could identify and have the means to separate Vision from the his power source successfully shows that she's at least at Stark's level of smarts, if not more.