Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hehehehe ;)

In character.

Morals on. Fight occurs in an underground concrete chamber roughly 30m high, 30m long and 30m wide.

Standard Equipment.

Who wins and why?

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Iron Man stomps. CA & WS don't have anywhere near the required damage output to put Iron Man down.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We'll see.

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man stomps. CA & WS don't have anywhere near the required damage output to put Iron Man down.

You've seen the trailer haven't you?

Avatar image for thesilentripper
TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CitizenSentry

@dewin50 said:
@citizensentry said:

You've seen the 3 Iron Man and the 2 Avengers movies haven't you?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50 said:
@citizensentry said:

You've seen the 3 Iron Man movies and the 2 Avengers movies haven't you?

Yes but you're fighting an uphill battle since i have an actual feat of Steve and Bucky destroying Stark in h2h.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I was a mod, I'd lock this and mute you.

TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I was a mod, I'd lock this and mute you.

hahaha

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50 said:
@citizensentry said:
@dewin50 said:
@citizensentry said:

Yes but you're fighting an uphill battle since i have an actual feat of Steve and Bucky destroying Stark in h2h.

No. You have a clip of a movie that hasn't been released yet and you are lacking the context to that fight.

On the other hand i have a video of Iron Man tanking hits off of Thor.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Listen, it's hard to imagine a way for Cap to actually put Iron Man down, but Age of Ultron basically proved already that Cap can indeed hang with Iron Man-level opponents for a prolonged period of time, and that was in awful conditions (standing on the roof of a moving bus = horrible balance and extremely limited maneuverability) against an enemy who didn't hold anything back at all. So if conditions favor Cap, we can be looking at a scenario where Tony literally can't even get his hands on the guy, and since Steve did put his shield through Ultron... well maybe he has more of a shot than you're all giving him credit.

TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50: Iron Man can take hits from missiles and Thor , he is pretty durable.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry said:
@dewin50 said:
@citizensentry said:
@dewin50 said:
@citizensentry said:

No. You have a clip of a movie that hasn't been released yet and you are lacking the context to that fight.

And i have a clip of Thor full on hitting caps shield with Steve being unscathed, and Thor destroying an entire battlefield (Thor 1). Is Tony stark battlefield destruction level durability? No because Thor was holding back, just as he did with cap. I responded to your claim that Cap and WS did not have the required damage output to put Stark down, witch the trailer shows they clearly have.

No Caption Provided

TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Listen, it's hard to imagine a way for Cap to actually put Iron Man down, but Age of Ultron basically proved already that Cap can indeed hang with Iron Man-level opponents for a prolonged period of time, and that was in awful conditions (standing on the roof of a moving bus = horrible balance and extremely limited maneuverability) against an enemy who didn't hold anything back at all. So if conditions favor Cap, we can be looking at a scenario where Tony literally can't even get his hands on the guy, and since Steve did put his shield through Ultron... well maybe he has more of a shot than you're all giving him credit.

or maybe Ultron was just a bad fighter and his lasers didn´t have enough power to push Steve out of the truck for once.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50 said:
@citizensentry said:
@dewin50 said:
@citizensentry said:
@dewin50 said:
@citizensentry said:

And i have a clip of Thor full on hitting caps shield with Steve being unscathed, and Thor destroying an entire battlefield (Thor 1). Is Tony stark battlefield destruction level durability? No because Thor was holding back, just as he did with cap. I responded to your claim that Cap and WS did not have the required damage output to put Stark down, witch the trailer shows they clearly have.

No Caption Provided

And don't bring up Thor hitting CA's shield it was stupid. CA has been knocked back over a dozen feat by a grenade launcher but can no sell an attack from a city busting weapon?

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50 said:
@citizensentry said:
@dewin50 said:
@citizensentry said:
@dewin50 said:
@citizensentry said:

No Caption Provided

And don't bring up Thor hitting CA's shield it was stupid. CA has been knocked back over a dozen feat by a grenade launcher but can no sell an attack from a city busting weapon?

Well to be fair he was in a prime position to tank the Thor attack; crouched, shield raised, etc. The grenade launcher one he had to push Romanoff out of the way and quickly raise his shield, and the forced of the blast sent him off the bridge.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given what we've actually seen from Cap (fighting with first form ultron for a long time) the "Iron-man stomps, hurr durr hurr" is both out-dated and stubborn.

They've been gearing him towards this fight since his introduction in the MCU and his feats reflect that. Viners need to stop selling Steve short

#pray4steve

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Spector_Rand

@thesilentripper: @citizensentry: @monsterstomp:Why exactly?

I think this is a fair thread.

Captain America has hung with an Iron Man level being before. He took his close and ranged attacks, as well showing he can damage Tony's suit with Vibranium. He was able to outskill Ultron and is physicals enabled him to do so.

Heis shield tanked a blow from Thor's hammer with no effect to Cap. His striking is almost equal to Tony's if we look at their impacts on regular humans (Tony of course has the advantage, but it's close). We saw with Killian that a skilled/strong opponent can easily outmaneuver and dominate Tony. Yes Killian had the advantage of the heated hands, but we have on screen depiction of Cap's shield literally one shotting Stark suits.

As well as that, you have Cap's insane level of damage soak. He has on screen tanked one of Tony's uni beam shots and still managed to send Tony flying with a single strike.

And thats just Cap. Winter Soldier is also involved here, with whatever you deem as stadard equipment. His bionic arm was shown to be stronger than Cap, and he was just as skilled.

The two of them together can definitely pose a threat to an in character Iron Man, especially in the battlefield conditions here.

EDIT

And that wasn't even acknowledging the events in the trailer. So yeah, I definitely don't think this needs a lock nor do I deserve muting. I don't generally make troll threads (one my entire time on the Vine and it was a parody), I'm as serious as they come when the MCU is involved. The line at the start was put in because I knew the events of the trailer would be a source of debate, but thats the point of this site.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

or maybe Ultron was just a bad fighter and his lasers didn´t have enough power to push Steve out of the truck for once.

There was nothing to imply Ultron was anything other than an average fighter with superhuman intelligence, an arsenal built into him, flight, and the stats to match Iron Man.

I don't understand the second part of your sentence.

TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given what we've actually seen from Cap (fighting with first form ultron for a long time) the "Iron-man stomps, hurr durr hurr" is both out-dated and stubborn.

They've been gearing him towards this fight since his introduction in the MCU and his feats reflect that. Viners need to stop selling Steve short

#pray4steve

Iron Man should realisticaly win this fight (without plot armor) Cap and Bucky don´t have the power to bring Tony down as someone said before.

Just my opinion.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesilentripper said:
@nickzambuto said:

There was nothing to imply Ultron was anything other than an average fighter with superhuman intelligence, an arsenal built into him, flight, and the stats to match Iron Man.

I don't understand the second part of your sentence.

This exactly. Ultron was shown to be almost exactly equal to Iron Man in H2H. It's not like Tony is anywhere near Cap's level of skill, and Killian has proven that skilled superhumans can school Tony in H2H. Not to mention Ultron had the added advantage of the Anti-Grav tech.

TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: I mean that Ultron lasers didn´t have enough power.

they didn´t throw away Steve, they just pushed him a little.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50 said:
@citizensentry said:
@dewin50 said:
@citizensentry said:
@dewin50 said:
@citizensentry said:

No Caption Provided

The shield absorbs and dispels kinetic force, that's why Cap was uninjured but Thor's strike wiped out the surrounding forest. With the grenade scene, he was not actually injured, the shield took the explosion but since that's different from just a strike, it was able to lift Captain America up and push him. The crash into the bus injured him, the shield did its job and protected him from the explosion.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesilentripper: They hit his shield. We have on screen feats of Steve tanking repulsers with little to no lasting effects.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America has hung with an Iron Man level being before. He took his close and ranged attacks, as well showing he can damage Tony's suit with Vibranium. He was able to outskill Ultron and is physicals enabled him to do so.

Heis shield tanked a blow from Thor's hammer with no effect to Cap. His striking is almost equal to Tony's if we look at their impacts on regular humans (Tony of course has the advantage, but it's close). We saw with Killian that a skilled/strong opponent can easily outmaneuver and dominate Tony. Yes Killian had the advantage of the heated hands, but we have on screen depiction of Cap's shield literally one shotting Stark suits.

As well as that, you have Cap's insane level of damage soak. He has on screen tanked one of Tony's uni beam shots and still managed to send Tony flying with a single strike.

And thats just Cap. Winter Soldier is also involved here, with whatever you deem as stadard equipment. His bionic arm was shown to be stronger than Cap, and he was just as skilled.

The two of them together can definitely pose a threat to an in character Iron Man, especially in the battlefield conditions here.

EDIT

And that wasn't even acknowledging the events in the trailer. So yeah, I definitely don't think this needs a lock nor do I deserve muting. I don't generally make troll threads (one my entire time on the Vine and it was a parody), I'm as serious as they come when the MCU is involved. The line at the start was put in because I knew the events of the trailer would be a source of debate, but thats the point of this site.

Most people on Comic Vine have no mind for creativity or the value of strategy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry:

And you're missing the point still. WS and Caps punches were doing real damage to Tonys suit. And you think that there's some specific context to why Tonys armor is taking damage from their punches? Hell Bucky even tries to rip the arc reactor out in the trailer. They have the power to put Tony down.

Am i saying that Cap and WS would win in an open area? No since Iron man could easily just go airborne and the team would just sit there with their thumb up their asses while he fires rockets and lasers at them. However in

"an underground concrete chamber roughly 30m high, 30m long and 30m wide."

where he'll have no room for flight? Forcing him into h2h? Yes, they would have the majority.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand: And what about Cap tanking a tank busting missile? Or even a laser that cuts through almost everything?

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand said:

EDIT

Most people on Comic Vine have no mind for creativity or the value of strategy.

I mean for real, I honestly think Cap has been shown to tank most things Tony will throw at him. It's like his feats are a resume for being able to at least give him a good fight, and thats individually.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: Which he will use in character?

Please show examples of him using said weaponry on comparable foes.

Against the Extremis soldiers? Not once. Ultron? He took it H2H.

On screen versions of these characters, acting in character, team have a real shot at winning.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry said:

@spector_rand: And what about Cap tanking a tank busting missile? Or even a laser that cuts through almost everything?

Morals on.

TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50: @spector_rand: morals on doesn´t mean he won´t use them

am I right?

Yeah sure, he just casually cuts his former friend and ally in two with his laser

"Job well done."

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By renamed040924

@dewin50 said:
@thesilentripper said:

@dewin50: @spector_rand: morals on doesn´t mean he won´t use them

am I right?

Yeah sure, he just casually cuts his former friend and ally in two with his laser

"Job well done."

Tony Stark, a true American hero.

Avatar image for roberto alvarenga
Roberto Alvarenga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel bad for everyone who thinks iron man wouldn't win...

He stands just a few meters above the air=gg

He shoots cap in the back=gg

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: A tank busting missile?

A laser?

Is an in character iron man going to murder Steve? Obviously not so arguing he would use lethal force is moot.

TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheSilentRipper
Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesilentripper: No your pretty wrong.

He's not going to kill his friend in character.

Morals on, out of character, maybe? Still up for debate imo.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand: Quit talking trash. You made this thread based on the events that happened in the trailer. Just another Viner making a thread about a battle we will eventually see the results for. It's be like me making a Batman vs. Superman (DCCU) thread. There are already several Captain America vs. Iron Man (MCU) threads, so if you were serious about making an argument for Captain America, why not do it there?

Don't be a punk.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roberto alvarenga: Please read OP. This is in character.

We all know by powersets CW Flash should rek Green Arrow. But due to their character and combat skill, it's clear that it doesn't play out how one would expect.

TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

read again please....

I am clearly saying/implying he can use them but not killing them (by shooting them at the leg or something)

in other words Tony should be careful using that hahaha

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand: Quit talking trash. You made this thread based on the events that happened in the trailer. Just another Viner making a thread about a battle we will eventually see the results for. It's be like me making a Batman vs. Superman (DCCU) thread. There are already several Captain America vs. Iron Man (MCU) threads, so if you were serious about making an argument for Captain America, why not do it there?

Don't be a punk.

Yeah thats not the case at all. I made the thread because I thought the battle would be interesting after seeing the glimpse we got in the trailer.

Why can't we make threads for characters that will inevitably fight? It's not against the rules, they all have prior feats so we have a basis from which we can debate. I haven't seen any MCU Iron Man vs Captain America and Winter Soldier threads so I made one.

And it's totally different making a Batman VS Superman thread. Batman has no feats.

Don't insult me or presume to know my intentions. I'm one of the more active users on this site and I'd like to think I'm a fair debater who concedes when I'm wrong.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand said:

read again please....

I am clearly saying/implying he can use them but not killing them (by shooting them at the leg or something)

I see what your saying, but it's still not in character for him to do so.

TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roberto alvarenga: Please read OP. This is in character.

We all know by powersets CW Flash should rek Green Arrow. But due to their character and combat skill, it's clear that it doesn't play out how one would expect.

he didn´t say anything out of character.

TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesilentripper said:
@spector_rand said:

read again please....

I see what your saying, but it's still not in character for him to do so.

why not? Tony is a d*ick anyway.