MCU Iron Man runs the MCU gauntlet

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Lilbroomstick

MCU Iron Man is wearing is wearing his Mark LXXXV(Endgame nanotech armor).

Conditions:

•Iron Man is bloodlusted and his opponents are in character

•The power in his armor power is tripled

•Iron Man gets feats from all of his past armors

•He is allowed to summon an army of armors like he did in Iron Man 3

•He can use "the snap" as a last resort

Gauntlet:

1. Luke Cage and Quicksilver

2. Guardians of the galaxy

3. Abomination

4. Spider-Man with Iron Spider + Captain America's team in Infinity War(excluding Thor, Rocket, and Groot)

5. Kurse

6. Pre Ragnarok Thor

7. Doctor Strange

8. Worthy Cap

9. Hulk

10. Ragnarok Thor

11. Hela

12. The Black Order(excluding Thanos

13. Fat Thor

14. Ronan(with the power stone)

15. Prime Thor with Stormbreaker

16. Captain Marvel

17. EG Thanos

Bonus: Surtur because I'm not sure where to put him in terms of power

No Caption Provided

D2therJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Potential to stop at 1 cause cage is a brick that tony can't put down without specific circumstances or BFR.

I could see him reaching 4 with prep, but ultimately losing to teamwork.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 if Abom scales from Hulk's later feats, if not 4.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Hela, and that’s assuming he actually beats Hulk and Snaps Thor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb1a74ef003d
deactivated-5eb1a74ef003d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Black Order. Got to give credit to Iron Man for making Thanos bleed and tanking the power stone. On the other hand, he was almost killed by Cull Obsidian twice, but was saved by Spider-Man both times, Doctor Strange the first time and Ant-Man on the second time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 10.

subline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By subline

Stops at Strange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline: How? He is a glass cannon and Tony has the mobility + range + ranged attacks to take him out quickly.

Iron Man has too many attacks between repulsers, missiles, rockets and lasers allows Tony to land multiple hits on Strange, add his superior speed and skill and he should win handily.

subline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By subline

@chaoselement: There is that, but Strange has too much hax, he can use his shields, the mirror dimension, cloning etc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline: Oh, I see. The only thing is that besides the Mirror dimension BFR move or the insta-win Time stone... Strange has not shown much in term of raw power. Do you think he beats Wanda?

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definite stop at Strange who should higher in the gauntlet

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears with the gauntlet. Stops at Hela without

EcstaticGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EcstaticGrace

@chaoselement said:

@subline: Oh, I see. The only thing is that besides the Mirror dimension BFR move or the insta-win Time stone... Strange has not shown much in term of raw power. Do you think he beats Wanda?

Hasn’t shown much Raw power?

He held back a tsunami that would of wiped out the battlefield, Thanos resorting to using an infinity stone to break out of crimson bands, and I’m pretty sure in his fight against Ebony Maw he stopped a tornado. His tk should be above any of the armors strength just off the tsunami feat.

Outside BFR I don’t know if he’d be able to take on an Iron Legion currently though I’ll admit.

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't notice that Tony has the IG with him. Although a snap would only result in a stalemate since Tony would die snapping like he did in Endgame. So, he beats everyone before Strange, stalemates everyone else from that point.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaoselement said:

Hasn’t shown much Raw power?

He held back a tsunami that would of wiped out the battlefield, Thanos resorting to using an infinity stone to break out of crimson bands, and I’m pretty sure in his fight against Ebony Maw he stopped a tornado.

Outside BFR I don’t know if he’d be able to take on an Iron Legion currently though I’ll admit.

Oh you are right. He is definitely powerful, but in my opinion he would have more problems with Iron Man than Thanos.

Strange has the BFR card, which is an instant 10/10 wins aganist Bricks.

Aganist Carol, Iron Man or Thor... the problems is ranged attacks since he is a glass cannon. I think it can go either way now, not sure since whatever hits first wins.

subline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaoselement: The Seven Suns of Cinnubus were quite decent for pure damage output:

No Caption Provided

But he's also got lots of BFR tactics, and yeah I see him taking Wanda, he's just a lot more versatile.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline said:

@chaoselement: The Seven Suns of Cinnubus were quite decent for pure damage output:

No Caption Provided

But he's also got lots of BFR tactics, and yeah I see him taking Wanda, he's just a lot more versatile.

Oh you are right here, Strange should take Iron Man but its a very close fight.

AlexTheBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like some people aren't reading the conditions. Ironman's power is tripled, he can summon all of his armors, he is bloodlusted while his enemies aren't, and he is allowed to snap as a last resort.

Kurse can get sliced through by Loki so he gets killed.

Dr Strange could be trouble due to his versatility, but unless he gets prep, I think Ironman beats him.

Wrothy Cap and Pre Ragnarock Thor just powers up Ironman up more.

Due to Hela's regeneration, he will probably need to snap to beat her so he stops there with a draw.

He could have defeated the Black Order (excluding Thanos)

Fat Thor wins if he has stormbreaker. Everyone else above him should win as well.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d2therj said:

Potential to stop at 1 cause cage is a brick that tony can't put down without specific circumstances or BFR.

That's interesting, what feats does Cage have that would put him on par with people such as Thor, Hulk, Cull Obsidian, Thanos or even Abomination and the older Iron Man armors?

CaptFalcon725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Clears if he can use the IG anytime.
2) Black Order if he can only use it once.
3) Hela if he cannot use at all.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: By feats Iron Man currently has better striking and durability than the hulk. Even without the extra stuff I gave him in this thread he could still probably beat Ragnarok Thor in a good fight.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viking1205: The fact that Iron Man is bloodlusted and Doctor Strange isn't is a pretty big deal here. Strange has potential to beat the people higher than him but I feel like he loses more times than not. Worthy Cap seemed somewhat more impressive than Strange did in his fight against Thanos. Not to mention Iron Man and the people above Strange majorly outstat him.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: By feats Iron Man currently has better striking and durability than the hulk. Even without the extra stuff I gave him in this thread he could still probably beat Ragnarok Thor in a good fight.

How? Thanos' hits on Hulk were doing less damage than they were to Tony. And Tony needed more than striking to make Thanos bleed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since this is an amped composite Iron Man he likely stops at Hela

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke/QS: Carpet bombed

Guardians: Carpet bombed

Abomination: Unibeamed or beaten mid diff

Wakanda crew: Carpet bombed, should be below Abom

Kurse: Unibeamed or decapped

Thor: Beaten high diff

Strange: Headshotted

Worthy Cap: Beaten high diff

Hulk: Beaten high diff, might stop here

Ragnarok Thor: Beaten high diff

Hela: Snapped

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viking1205: The fact that Iron Man is bloodlusted and Doctor Strange isn't is a pretty big deal here. Strange has potential to beat the people higher than him but I feel like he loses more times than not.

He has lost thrice to be fair.

1. Against Kaecilius, when he was a novice.

2. Ebony Maw was a loss he can avoid, so in this case, he was bad.

3. Against Thanos with 4 infinity stones, honestly he did everything possible and more than anyone in Titan during that battle.

Worthy Cap seemed somewhat more impressive than Strange did in his fight against Thanos.

That's obviously because the Thanos that Cap faced and the Thanos that Strange faced were entirely different. Rogers would have received the same treatment that Stark received in Titan if he were there. Thanos outpowered Stark by just using the power stone for the major part of the fight whereas he used all four stones against Strange who was able to counter most of what Thanos threw at him. Worthy cap wouldn't have been as effective as Strange was in Titan. Can't the say the same about Strange vs Endgame Thanos though.

Not to mention Iron Man and the people above Strange majorly outstat him.

Fair enough, Strange can cover the stat disadvantage through his versatility and hax stuff though. I feel that plays a major part too. He can BFR people quickly, create clones of himself, transmute stuff, he was also extremely quick with his portal stuff in Titan.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lilbroomstick

@cocacolaman:

Alrighty let's see

Durability

People seem to forget that Iron Man tanked many different attacks before thanos finally busted his armor. Tony was fighting people for basically the whole movie. Sure you could say Hulk took some bites from that Wolf before he fought Thanos but the things are he can heal, we don't even see any scars, and Hulk is usually supposed to get even stronger the longer he fights. Here are some notable durability feats

Infinity War:

1. Gets tossed through the city by Cull Obsidian
  2. Get's whacked into the ground by Cull Obsidian
  3. Gets hit by large pieces of the moon brought down by the power stone (he even makes a joke about it since he was just fine)
  4. Blocks a power stone blast from Thanos
  5. Takes several hits from Thanos while grounded (This was supposedly when Thanos started to fight more seriously)
  6. Takes a power stone punch from Thanos right after the last feat

Endgame:

1. Able to easily withstand the combined electric power from Mjolnir and stormbreaker, gets clipped by an unrestrained stormbreaker, pushed into and grabbed by a bloodlusted thanos, and finally hit in the head by Mjolnir that was batted by Thor with stormbreaker (The hit was meant for Thanos)
  2. Snapping

Striking/Blast Power

1. Mountain demolishing Jericho missiles
  2. Sends someone as strong as Cull Obsidian flying (I'm pretty sure he was even out for a bit)
  3. Able to push two pieces of a sinking Ferry back together (This one isn't necessarily just a striking feat but it's still an impressive and notable thing he can do)
  4. Slams a building on top of thanos (He moved the building surprisingly fast too)
  5. Able to push back Thanos guarding with the Infinity gauntlet (Possibly using a space stone shield too); Battered Thanos into a wall with a body shot and makes him grunt
  6. Takes a drop of blood from Thanos with a repulsor punch
  7. Sonics (Not really a striking but still nobody seems to mention it and the characters here don't really have the feats to say they can defend against this)
  8. Hit fast and hard enough to slash a serious Thanos
  9. Easily drops Cull Obsidian

I was counting Iron Man's weapons and thrusters when I said better striking but without that then yeah Hulk has better striking.

Let's take a look out how Hulk fared against Ragnarok Thor. Thor was borderline stomping Hulk when he started getting serious and used his power. This same hammerless Thor got beaten pretty easily by Thanos. Even before Thor used his lightning he was still able to fight pretty evenly against Hulk while holding back. He was holding back to the point where Hulk got a cheap shot in. Thanos actually laughed at Hulk hitting him multiple times in his unarmored face. Hulk hasn't really proven to be as fast as someone like Iron Man who Thanos can somewhat react to so I'm just going to say he was holding back more here than he was on Titan. Thanos actually tried to defend himself from Iron Man's attacks three times in Infinity War. I haven't shown the third one yet which was this. Thanos has shown he can block fat Thor with Stormbreaker without flinching and even can stop Thor's attack with his bare hands. He also hit Iron Man with more than he did Hulk. The same power stone punch that Thanos hit Iron Man with actually took out Captain Marvel. In endgame Iron Man was able to take much stronger hits from a much stronger Thor who wasn't holding back. Now let's take a look out why taking hits from and beating up Cull Obsidian is impressive. He was able to take the new and improved nanotech Hulkbuster's arm off which is just an upgraded version of the Hulkbuster we saw in age of Ultron. Banner (who helped create the Hulkbuster) even said it kicked the Hulk's you know what which is some solid evidence that it should be at least just as strong as the Hulkbuster that actually fought Hulk. Cull Obsidian was able to tank several hits from the Hulkbuster and still overpower it. Now before you mention Spider-Man catching Cull Obsidian's attack Spider-Man was able to land some decent hits on Thanos and was even able to pull the Infinity gauntlet off of him. We could either take it as all of his Infinity War feats being PIS because Spider-Man is only slightly stronger than a super soldier (Funny thing is that Cap himself actually managed to make Thanos struggle a bit) or that Spider-Man is just stronger than you think. Anyway going back to the Hulkbuster it was really borderline destroying the Hulk if you really look at it. Hulkbuster easily matched Hulk's punch with no momentum after just rebuilding its arm. The Hulkbuster was trying to save people and still managed to counter Hulk's attack. The scene where Hulkbuster actually knocks out Hulk we see that Tony wait until Hulk got angry again instead of just continuing to attack him. Even earlier in the fight Tony could have kept attacking Hulk after he knocked his tooth out but instead he said "sorry". Hulkbuster was only fighting because it had to. Keep in mind this Hulk was being controlled by Scarlet Witch and this was the angriest that we've ever seen him. Basically Hulkbuster kicked the strongest Hulk's butt without even trying as hard as it could. Now if Tony had the suit against Cull Obsidian the fight probably would have went differently but instead we had Banner who couldn't really use the suit to it's full potential. The last thing I want to bring up is that Hulk's skin didn't hold up as well as Tony's damaged armor did when using the man made Infinity gauntlet.

Keep in mind I didn't include the fact that this is a composite armor (meaning he gets feats directly from the Hulkbuster) and that his power is tripled in this thread so yeah I think this proves Iron Man's major superiority to Hulk and possibly even Ragnarok Thor.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lilbroomstick

@viking1205: Strange is powerful and maybe he should be above worthy Cap after thinking a bit (It really comes down to Strange being more useful than other powerhouses in certain situations due to versatility) The thing is I see Strange taking 3 direct hits at best before dying here. I just don't see strange being able to counter/BFR an at least supersonic bullrush from Iron Man + the Iron Legion + all of their weapons all at the same time. At least not while Strange is in character and Iron Man is bloodlusted. Admittedly Doctor Strange did arguably do the best against Thanos on Titan and drew the most power out of him but like I said earlier:

It really comes down to Strange being more useful than other powerhouses in certain situations due to versatility

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick:

People seem to forget that Iron Man tanked many different attacks before thanos finally busted his armor. Tony was fighting people for basically the whole movie. Sure you could say Hulk took some bites from that Wolf before he fought Thanos but the things are he can heal, we don't even see any scars, and Hulk is usually supposed to get even stronger the longer he fights. Here are some notable durability feats

I find it ironic you talk about healing when Iron Man has better regeneration than Hulk does. And Hulk does get stronger, but the length of his fight with Thanos was about one minute. Half of that fight saw Hulk confused.

Gets tossed through the city by Cull Obsidian

He got tossed through a couple of walls and had a couple hundred feet of bouncing off the ground. That wasn't even a singular hit, that was a continuous force being placed on Iron Man, so the force isn't as high as some believe. Hulk, on the other hand, got sent through hundreds of feet of metal after getting hit by Thor's Warhammer, which carried enough force to send a thousand-pound monster through those hundreds of feet of metal. He was fine.

Loading Video...

et's whacked into the ground by Obsidian Cull

Neat. Hulk took Thor's lightning hits, which are far more impressive.

ets hit by large pieces of the moon brought down by the power stone (he even makes a joke about it since he was just fine)

Okay, now this is the big one. However, there are a couple of things to consider. For one, we have no idea what state Iron Man was in. In fact, evidence supports him being KOed, since he was off screen with everyone else. Making a joke about something doesn't mean it isn't serious. Thor joked about his fight with Hulk, but that doesn't mean Thor could have stomped the Hulk before he got lightning.

In any case, Hulk's best durability feat of getting slammed twice into the Bifrost bridge with much more force than building-sized ships crashing and getting up like he didn't even feel it should be comparable to Iron Man being in an unknown state after a building-sized boulder fell on him.

Blocks a power stone blast from Thanos

With a shield.

kes several hits from Thanos while grounded

Which were taking apart his armor. If not for his healing factor, Iron Man would have been dismantled by these hits. Hulk wasn't even healing but his face was in much better condition than the armor was.

akes a power stone punch from Thanos right after the last feat

A Power Stone punch is unquantifiable. All we know is that it is better than a regular Thanos hit. The one Thanos used on Captain Marvel and the one he used on Iron Man aren't the same, since every other piece of evidence points to Captain Marvel being the more durable character.

Able to easily withstand the combined electric power from Mjolnir and stormbreaker, gets clipped by an unrestrained stormbreaker, pushed into and grabbed by a bloodlusted thanos, and finally hit in the head by Mjolnir that was batted by Thor with stormbreaker (The hit was meant for Thanos)

First off, he used a specific function to take the lightning. You'll have to show me what you mean with the Stormbreaker comment, getting grabbed isn't a durability feat, and he was KOed by the Mjolnir hit.

napping

Hulk took that better than Iron Man did though.

Mountain demolishing Jericho missile

Which Tony has yet to use in combat against a high tier.

ends someone as strong as Cull Obsidian flying

Hulk sent Thor flying. Multiple times.

ble to push two pieces of a sinking Ferry back together

Hulk caught Fenris' bite, and Fenris has building level strength based off her cracking the Bifrost.

ams a building on top of thanos

The gravity on Titan is notoriously wonky, and he was pushing it down, not lifting it.

ble to push back Thanos guarding with the Infinity gauntlet (Possibly using a space stone shield too); Battered Thanos into a wall with a body shot and makes him grunt

Hulk was slamming Thanos back for the entirety of the time he was on the offense.

akes a drop of blood from Thanos with a repulsor punch

That was with a repulsor. If we can count things aside from standard punches, I feel entitled to use Hulk's Surtur Slam feat, which is far and away better than anything Iron Man ever did.

Sonics (Not really a striking but still nobody seems to mention it and the characters here don't really have the feats to say they can defend against this)

I'm not doubting that Iron Man has them if Rhodey does, but Iron Man never used sonics on anyone, so I don't see why he'd start now.

it fast and hard enough to slash a serious Thanos

Thanos was perfectly fine after this, and he wasn't even moved as much as he was when Hulk got in a bullrush.

asily drops Cull Obsidian

He had help from Spider-Man and Giant-Man there.

Let's take a look out how Hulk fared against Ragnarok Thor. Thor was borderline stomping Hulk when he started getting serious and used his power. This same hammerless Thor got beaten pretty easily by Thanos.

Thanos beating Hulk is a better way of showing that Thanos is better than Hulk. This isn't really necessary.

Even before Thor used his lightning he was still able to fight pretty evenly against Hulk while holding back. He was holding back to the point where Hulk got a cheap shot in. Thanos actually laughed at Hulk hitting him multiple times in his unarmored face.

Thor while holding back was utterly humiliated. He stated he was done holding back after Hulk Puny God slammed him, and then all he did was dance around Hulk while getting all his hits eaten up. When Hulk got a bit angrier, he began stomping Thor to the point Thor was comatose.

Thanos was wearing armor when Hulk hit him, though....

Hulk hasn't really proven to be as fast as someone like Iron Man who Thanos can somewhat react to so I'm just going to say he was holding back more here than he was on Titan. Thanos actually tried to defend himself from Iron Man's attacks three times in Infinity War. I haven't shown the third one yet which was this.

Somehow, other than the sword instance, I doubt that Thanos needed to defend himself. Tony clearly couldn't do anything to Thanos, it took all his effort to draw one drop of blood while Thanos turned his armor into scrap. Speed is something I concede.

Thanos in his fight with Hulk had one Stone. He had four against Tony. There's no way he was holding back more against Hulk when he could have literally killed either in one second.

Thanos has shown he can block fat Thor with Stormbreaker without flinching and even can stop Thor's attack with his bare hands. He also hit Iron Man with more than he did Hulk.

He blocked an out-of-shape Thor, who was still portrayed as a bigger threat than any other Avenger. Thanos landing more hits on Tony is due to the healing factor that the suit has. Examining the ground n pound, Iron Man would have been dead in under 5 hits had he not been healing.

Now let's take a look out why taking hits from and beating up Cull Obsidian is impressive. He was able to take the new and improved nanotech Hulkbuster's arm off which is just an upgraded version of the Hulkbuster we saw in age of Ultron. Banner (who helped create the Hulkbuster) even said it kicked the Hulk's you know what which is some solid evidence that it should be at least just as strong as the Hulkbuster that actually fought Hulk. Cull Obsidian was able to tank several hits from the Hulkbuster and still overpower it.

If you examine the fight between Hulk and Hulkbuster beyond the last five seconds, it's exactly like the Thanos fight. Hulk could have killed the Hulkbuster if there weren't any VERONICA repairs.

Now before you mention Spider-Man catching Cull Obsidian's attack Spider-Man was able to land some decent hits on Thanos and was even able to pull the Infinity gauntlet off of him. We could either take it as all of his Infinity War feats being PIS because Spider-Man is only slightly stronger than a super soldier (Funny thing is that Cap himself actually managed to make Thanos struggle a bit) or that Spider-Man is just stronger than you think.

Spidey arguably has the best strength below the high tiers, why would I doubt that he can block a Cull hit and stagger Thanos?

Anyway going back to the Hulkbuster it was really borderline destroying the Hulk if you really look at it. Hulkbuster easily matched Hulk's punch with no momentum after just rebuilding its arm. The Hulkbuster was trying to save people and still managed to counter Hulk's attack. The scene where Hulkbuster actually knocks out Hulk we see that Tony wait until Hulk got angry again instead of just continuing to attack him. Even earlier in the fight Tony could have kept attacking Hulk after he knocked his tooth out but instead he said "sorry". Hulkbuster was only fighting because it had to. Keep in mind this Hulk was being controlled by Scarlet Witch and this was the angriest that we've ever seen him. Basically Hulkbuster kicked the strongest Hulk's butt without even trying as hard as it could. Now if Tony had the suit against Cull Obsidian the fight probably would have went differently but instead we had Banner who couldn't really use the suit to it's full potential.

Winning because you have an on-site respawn button doesn't mean that you were destroying someone. Also, as you admitted, Hulkbuster was much more competent against Hulk than Cull.

Hulk had nowhere near the feats in AoU to say he's as strong as he was in Ragnarok.

The last thing I want to bring up is that Hulk's skin didn't hold up as well as Tony's damaged armor did when using the man made Infinity gauntlet.

Hulk survived. Tony didn't.

Keep in mind I didn't include the fact that this is a composite armor (meaning he gets feats directly from the Hulkbuster) and that his power is tripled in this thread so yeah I think this proves Iron Man's major superiority to Hulk and possibly even Ragnarok Thor.

With the power tripling rule, yeah, Tony beats Hulk comfortably.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lilbroomstick

@cocacolaman:

I find it ironic you talk about healing when Iron Man has better regeneration than Hulk does. And Hulk does get stronger, but the length of his fight with Thanos was about one minute. Half of that fight saw Hulk confused.

Iron Man heals better than Hulk when it comes to major damage but all of the damage Iron Man's suit takes is still taking on a toll on him due to losing nanites. Hulk's healing is more natural and he can basically do it as long as he lives. Usually none of the damage Hulk takes will be permanent.

He got tossed through a couple of walls and had a couple hundred feet of bouncing off the ground. That wasn't even a singular hit, that was a continuous force being placed on Iron Man, so the force isn't as high as some believe. Hulk, on the other hand, got sent through hundreds of feet of metal after getting hit by Thor's Warhammer, which carried enough force to send a thousand-pound monster through those hundreds of feet of metal. He was fine.

Fair enough

Neat. Hulk took Thor's lightning hits, which are far more impressive.

They are for the blunt force portion but Cull Obsidian's hit has piercing and blunt power while Thor has blunt and blast/heat power. It was to show off Iron Man's resistance.

Okay, now this is the big one. However, there are a couple of things to consider. For one, we have no idea what state Iron Man was in. In fact, evidence supports him being KOed, since he was off screen with everyone else. Making a joke about something doesn't mean it isn't serious. Thor joked about his fight with Hulk, but that doesn't mean Thor could have stomped the Hulk before he got lightning.

This is fair enough but Iron Man did have to deal with pieces of the moon being pulled towards him plus the wonky gravity so I always thought Tony came back to the fight after the stone effects wore off.

In any case, Hulk's best durability feat of getting slammed twice into the Bifrost bridge with much more force than building-sized ships crashing and getting up like he didn't even feel it should be comparable to Iron Man being in an unknown state after a building-sized boulder fell on him.

The large pieces of the moon were coming in at least as fast as re-entry speed considering thanos broke off pieces of the moon with a power stone shockwave and then forcibly pulled them down with the space stone so Iron Man actually got hit with more force than Hulk. Not to mention Iron Man flew into the moon piece.

With a shield.

The shield is apart of his armor and made out of the same material as the rest of the armor and the power stone still affected him a bit past the shield

Which were taking apart his armor. If not for his healing factor, Iron Man would have been dismantled by these hits. Hulk wasn't even healing but his face was in much better condition than the armor was.

Iron Man had taken damage prior to this (remember the nanites eventually run out making his armor less durable everytime it has to heal) and Thanos was ready to kill Iron Man at this point of the fight (The Russos even said Thanos considers Tony a threat and respects him) Thanos purposely spares Hulk and Thor on the other hand. He even allows Hulk to get free hits in before pummeling him. I'm not saying Thanos was bloodlusted against Iron Man but he was morals off to him specifically in Infinity War.

A Power Stone punch is unquantifiable. All we know is that it is better than a regular Thanos hit. The one Thanos used on Captain Marvel and the one he used on Iron Man aren't the same, since every other piece of evidence points to Captain Marvel being the more durable character.

Yeah Captain Marvel's was hit a bit harder but she was also hit in her already bleeding head while Iron Man was hit in the body. It's a good durability feat for Iron Man still from looking at what the power stone can do and what Thanos' punches can do.

First off, he used a specific function to take the lightning. You'll have to show me what you mean with the Stormbreaker comment, getting grabbed isn't a durability feat, and he was KOed by the Mjolnir hit.

All he did was make his back a power source spot so that he could take it better. It's still a good resistance and absorption feat no matter how you look at it. I was wrong about the stormbreaker part he was actually hit in the back by Thanos' sword. Being KOed is fair enough since he was hit by quite a lot and his armor barely took any exterior damage. An old man who hasn't fought for five years being used to the family life only being knocked out for roughly 3 minutes is amazing actually. I really doubt Hulk would tank that if he was in Tony's place.

Hulk took that better than Iron Man did though.

Keep in mind Iron Man near dead already and his armor was critically damaged to the point of not really covering him anymore. Hulk's arm got burnt badly to the point wear actually became a bit smaller while Tony's armor was only slightly burnt with the Infinity stones flowing through it.

Which Tony has yet to use in combat against a high tier.

That's true this along with the sonics and red laser are never used due to plot. It would make him look too good or make things too easy most of the time.

Hulk sent Thor flying. Multiple times.

This is true but the point was to show how well Tony's attacks work on a non Thanos high tier.

Hulk caught Fenris' bite, and Fenris has building level strength based off her cracking the Bifrost.

That's impressive but Staten Island Ferry was 3,000 ton+ feat which is heavier than average buildings (excluding skyscrapers)

The gravity on Titan is notoriously wonky, and he was pushing it down, not lifting it.

Fair point on the gravity but we don't really know where Tony got the building from to say he only pushed it down. To my knowledge there wasn't a building above Thanos until Tony moved it there.

Hulk was slamming Thanos back for the entirety of the time he was on the offense.

He was but Thanos was laughing at him the entire time. Iron Man's first feat was far more impressive since he hit a Thanos was actually blocking and launched him back by hitting Thanos directly in the Infinity gauntlet hand. The second one of pushing Thanos into the wall is also more impressive because it affected Thanos more than multiple Hulk punches in the face did.

That was with a repulsor. If we can count things aside from standard punches, I feel entitled to use Hulk's Surtur Slam feat, which is far and away better than anything Iron Man ever did.

Huh? I don't remember Hulk ever slamming Surtur but if you're talking about Hulk hitting Surtur's crown then yes that is impressive but Surtur (or at least his crown) isn't more durable than Thanos is.

I'm not doubting that Iron Man has them if Rhodey does, but Iron Man never used sonics on anyone, so I don't see why he'd start now.

That's true but Tony is bloodlusted in this thread meaning he's fighting to the best of his ability.

Thanos was perfectly fine after this, and he wasn't even moved as much as he was when Hulk got in a bullrush.

Thanos wasn't really damaged but he did make Thanos grunt a bit and pushed his arm aside. Hulk doing a relentless assault on Thanos' face isn't really a fair comparison to Iron Man coming from behind Thanos trying to cut his arm if we're going to talk about moving Thanos.

He had help from Spider-Man and Giant-Man there.

Oh, my bad I actually didn't see Spider-Man there. The feat is a lot less impressive now lol (I still think he could beat Cull Obsidian pretty easily while bloodlusted though)

Thanos beating Hulk is a better way of showing that Thanos is better than Hulk. This isn't really necessary.

This wasn't only to show Thanos is better than Hulk but also to compare Iron Man to the Ragnarok Thor that fought Hulk.

Thor while holding back was utterly humiliated. He stated he was done holding back after Hulk Puny God slammed him, and then all he did was dance around Hulk while getting all his hits eaten up. When Hulk got a bit angrier, he began stomping Thor to the point Thor was comatose.

Even at that point I'd say Thor was still holding back a bit considering he tried communicating with Banner. I wouldn't say he was eating Thor's since he was launching Hulk back considerable distances and Hulk seemed to feel every hit. Hulk punching Thanos is a better example of hits being eaten up.

Thanos was wearing armor when Hulk hit him, though....

He was but you can see there's a part of Thanos that wasn't covered by armor, his face. This was the part of Thanos that Hulk was targeting the whole time. I kind of doubt he would have been able to move Thanos back like he did if Thanos did cover his face.

Somehow, other than the sword instance, I doubt that Thanos needed to defend himself. Tony clearly couldn't do anything to Thanos, it took all his effort to draw one drop of blood while Thanos turned his armor into scrap. Speed is something I concede.

I guarantee Thanos would have struggled a lot more against Iron Man if he had no Infinity Stones. I mean just look at this scene for instance (it's also a pretty good tanking feat for Iron Man)

Thanos in his fight with Hulk had one Stone. He had four against Tony. There's no way he was holding back more against Hulk when he could have literally killed either in one second.

Just because he didn't go all out with the Infinity stones doesn't mean he didn't try at all. Although Thanos literally just sits and allows Hulk to beat on him. I think it's fair to say Thanos was a bit more serious when he got to Titan.

He blocked an out-of-shape Thor, who was still portrayed as a bigger threat than any other Avenger. Thanos landing more hits on Tony is due to the healing factor that the suit has. Examining the ground n pound, Iron Man would have been dead in under 5 hits had he not been healing.

Remember every hit that he takes reduces the overall integrity of the armor. It's not really the same as Thanos tearing apart Iron Man at 100%. I also really doubt Thanos hits harder than the pieces of the moon he threw down. Possibly harder than the explosion he threw Iron Man. We don't see Iron Man break from either one of those hits. Iron Man only really starts taking damage after Thanos rips his helmet off for the first time.

If you examine the fight between Hulk and Hulkbuster beyond the last five seconds, it's exactly like the Thanos fight. Hulk could have killed the Hulkbuster if there weren't any VERONICA repairs.

You sound like you need to examine the fight more. For one I never said the Hulkbuster was more durable than the Hulk so it's fine if it had to heal (although the Hulkbuster in Infinity War gets the Hulkbuster's durability + nanotech durability making me think it's at least as durable as the Hulk if not more. This is why I think the Cull Obsidian feat I later mention is so impressive). Hulkbuster showed it was on par or better than the Hulk is everything besides durability. You missed the main point I was trying to make here. Hulkbuster still got more hits in than Hulk despite the fact that Hulk is bloodlusted while Tony barely wants to fight. It easily matched the Hulk's punch despite having almost no momentum/force behind it. The Hulkbuster was embarrassing the Hulk.

Spidey arguably has the best strength below the high tiers, why would I doubt that he can block a Cull hit and stagger Thanos?

Sorry it's just that I see people Say Cull Obsidian is weak because Spider-Man stopped his attack.

Winning because you have an on-site respawn button doesn't mean that you were destroying someone. Also, as you admitted, Hulkbuster was much more competent against Hulk than Cull.

Hulkbuster could have decimated Hulk if Tony was trying to relentlessly rip off Hulk's flesh and really trying to destroy him look at their fight. The fight was a good showing for Iron Man and an embarrassing one for Hulk mostly lol

Hulk had nowhere near the feats in AoU to say he's as strong as he was in Ragnarok.

This a fair reason to not believe Hulk is as strong in AoU as he was in Ragnarok but let me explain a bit. If this was the comics Hulk would be green scar(or planet) Hulk in Ragnarok, Thor would be Odinforce, Iron Man would be Bleeding edge or Model Prime by Infinity War and Age of Ultron Hulk would be borderline mindless Hulk. Of course the MCU is weaker and Hulk is arguably the most nerfed out of what I just mentioned. Story/lore-wise Hulk would be more skilled and a better fighter in Ragnarok but in Age of Ultron Scarlet Witch made Hulk angrier than ever to the point where he lost morals. Ragnarok Hulk is pretty calm in comparison. Now we all know Hulk is stronger the angrier he gets right?

Hulk survived. Tony didn't.

I already covered this earlier. Iron Man's armor was damaged and it didn't even cover Tony.

With the power tripling rule, yeah, Tony beats Hulk comfortably.

Glad we can agree on this at least. Considering he's bloodlusted while also having the Iron Legion and other stuff here I think he could make it to Hela or higher.

Avatar image for money_brings_happiness
Money_Brings_Happiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With his power tripled he would be a beast. I see him beating Hulk at this level. He loses to Hela though. She spears him casually. Ragnarok Thor would likely just have his lightning absorbed though a direct shot would still rock Ironman. He can likely beat the black order. Thor also takes a majority though it would be a hard fight. Ironman with triple the power would be able to contend nicely though he would likely ultimately lose. Ronan oneshots him, Thor once again beats him in a solid fight, CM rips his armor to shreds with her bare hands as does Thanos with relatively low dif. Overall Hela should be much higher probably only below Ronan who should also be much higher considering he oneshots literally everyone in the gauntlet with the power stone. For the bonus round assuming this is prime Surtur he kills Ironman effortlessly he could beat everyone on the gauntlet barring Ronan at the same time.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick:

Iron Man heals better than Hulk when it comes to major damage but all of the damage Iron Man's suit takes is still taking on a toll on him due to losing nanites. Hulk's healing is more natural and he can basically do it as long as he lives. Usually none of the damage Hulk takes will be permanent.

How does Iron Man losing nanites effect his durability? It isn't until after Thanos bleeds that Tony begins having exposed parts. This subject comes in multiple times, so I'll just ignore those parts for the sake of brevity.

They are for the blunt force portion but Cull Obsidian's hit has piercing and blunt power while Thor has blunt and blast/heat power. It was to show off Iron Man's resistance.

I'm not sure I'm understanding. If Thor's has more in the blunt force area, why does the piercing aspect matter? And in any case, the overall power of Thor's lightning is far superior to Cull's stuff.

The large pieces of the moon were coming in at least as fast as re-entry speed considering thanos broke off pieces of the moon with a power stone shockwave and then forcibly pulled them down with the space stone so Iron Man actually got hit with more force than Hulk. Not to mention Iron Man flew into the moon piece.

We don't really have a way of judging the speed for these things. The re entry speed on Titan can't be quantified, so the best thing we have is the visual speed, but that wasn't very high after they entered the atmosphere. I agree it was probably more force than Hulk took, but the manner in which they took it (Iron Man was in an unknown state that kept him off screen for a whole duel between Strange and Thanos, but Hulk wasn't even phased) is what makes their durability so close (ignoring the blatant comparison in how they took Thanos' hits.)

The shield is apart of his armor and made out of the same material as the rest of the armor and the power stone still affected him a bit past the shield

Fair enough.

Iron Man had taken damage prior to this (remember the nanites eventually run out making his armor less durable everytime it has to heal) and Thanos was ready to kill Iron Man at this point of the fight (The Russos even said Thanos considers Tony a threat and respects him) Thanos purposely spares Hulk and Thor on the other hand. He even allows Hulk to get free hits in before pummeling him. I'm not saying Thanos was bloodlusted against Iron Man but he was morals off to him specifically in Infinity War.

Thanos wasn't going to spare Hulk, he murdered the dude who saved Hulk. Thor wasn't supposed to survive, either. Thanos blew up the ship with an Infinity Stone, and he did that after fighting Thor off screen and torturing him with the Stone. And he didn't allow Hulk to get free hits in, Hulk just got them in on his own merit.

Yeah Captain Marvel's was hit a bit harder but she was also hit in her already bleeding head while Iron Man was hit in the body. It's a good durability feat for Iron Man still from looking at what the power stone can do and what Thanos' punches can do.

Unless my controversy sense isn't tingling properly, Captain Marvel straight up no sold Thanos' entire assault before the Power Stone, which was a really, really big deal in the Battle Forums for... actually, until even now. She wasn't bleeding. And Thanos didn't really punch Tony so much as jab him. Not to mention that the effects were far different in terms of size.

All he did was make his back a power source spot so that he could take it better. It's still a good resistance and absorption feat no matter how you look at it. I was wrong about the stormbreaker part he was actually hit in the back by Thanos' sword. Being KOed is fair enough since he was hit by quite a lot and his armor barely took any exterior damage. An old man who hasn't fought for five years being used to the family life only being knocked out for roughly 3 minutes is amazing actually. I really doubt Hulk would tank that if he was in Tony's place.

All I'm really getting from this is that Tony got knocked out. Yeah, Hulk would have been KOed too. Thor and Captain Marvel probably would have been. But you can't use someone being knocked out by something as a way of proving durability. That's like using the Superman nuke feat in Batman v Superman.

Keep in mind Iron Man near dead already and his armor was critically damaged to the point of not really covering him anymore. Hulk's arm got burnt badly to the point wear actually became a bit smaller while Tony's armor was only slightly burnt with the Infinity stones flowing through it.

So, let me make sure I've got this right. Hulk Snapped and was in perfect fighting condition. Tony, who was tired, Snapped, and died, so we should assume that Tony is more durable than Hulk.

Or are you saying that an unarmored Tony is more durable than Hulk?

I'm not sure I'm following this train of logic.

That's impressive but Staten Island Ferry was 3,000 ton+ feat which is heavier than average buildings (excluding skyscrapers)

Iron Man only pushed one half of it. Key word being pushed, and anyone who ever had to push a car can tell you that pushing is dozens of times easier than lifting.

Hulk?

Notice how half of these are done with one hand, yet are still more impressive than anything Tony did.

He was but Thanos was laughing at him the entire time. Iron Man's first feat was far more impressive since he hit a Thanos was actually blocking and launched him back by hitting Thanos directly in the Infinity gauntlet hand. The second one of pushing Thanos into the wall is also more impressive because it affected Thanos more than multiple Hulk punches in the face did.

Thanos wasn't laughing, he was being pushed back. And Hulk was using one handed punches, while your instance has Tony using rocket-boosted two handed hits.

Huh? I don't remember Hulk ever slamming Surtur but if you're talking about Hulk hitting Surtur's crown then yes that is impressive but Surtur (or at least his crown) isn't more durable than Thanos is.

Hulk leaped up, smacked Surtur in the face, and Surtur went flying hundreds of meters in seconds. A vastly weaker Surtur wasn't even staggered half as much by Thor's hits with Mjolnir.

No Caption Provided

There's nothing in the entirety of Iron Man's arsenal that compares to this feat and you know it.

Thanos wasn't really damaged but he did make Thanos grunt a bit and pushed his arm aside. Hulk doing a relentless assault on Thanos' face isn't really a fair comparison to Iron Man coming from behind Thanos trying to cut his arm if we're going to talk about moving Thanos.

Before Hulk started throwing hands, he bullrushed Thanos, with Thanos having the same amount of warning, maybe even more. Yet Thanos was sent sprawling off his feet.

Even at that point I'd say Thor was still holding back a bit considering he tried communicating with Banner. I wouldn't say he was eating Thor's since he was launching Hulk back considerable distances and Hulk seemed to feel every hit. Hulk punching Thanos is a better example of hits being eaten up.

You don't have to be standing still to be eating hits. The Man of Steel movie is nothing but getting sent flying, yet no alien ever bleeds. Thor holding back after the very beginning is kind of ridiculous, since he was fighting someone he knew was physically superior to him, and as we saw, Hulk got him defenseless when he got the high ground.

He was but you can see there's a part of Thanos that wasn't covered by armor, his face. This was the part of Thanos that Hulk was targeting the whole time. I kind of doubt he would have been able to move Thanos back like he did if Thanos did cover his face.

I never saw Hulk hitting Thanos in the face. All his hits seemed to come in at an angle to hit the helmet.

I guarantee Thanos would have struggled a lot more against Iron Man if he had no Infinity Stones. I mean just look at this scene for instance (it's also a pretty good tanking feat for Iron Man)

Without Infinity Stones, Thanos already soloed Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America. Granted he had a sword, but I doubt he would have had any significant trouble.

Just because he didn't go all out with the Infinity stones doesn't mean he didn't try at all. Although Thanos literally just sits and allows Hulk to beat on him. I think it's fair to say Thanos was a bit more serious when he got to Titan.

He didn't sit and let Hulk beat on him, he was getting the heat laid on him until he got up against the wall, recuperated, and overpowered Hulk. Sure, Hulk didn't do anything real to Thanos. But Tony got, what, one drop of blood after a whole fight?

I think that Thanos relentlessly beating at Hulk until he was unconscious and killing the dude that saved him is pretty serious.

You sound like you need to examine the fight more. For one I never said the Hulkbuster was more durable than the Hulk so it's fine if it had to heal (although the Hulkbuster in Infinity War gets the Hulkbuster's durability + nanotech durability making me think it's at least as durable as the Hulk if not more. This is why I think the Cull Obsidian feat I later mention is so impressive). Hulkbuster showed it was on par or better than the Hulk is everything besides durability. You missed the main point I was trying to make here. Hulkbuster still got more hits in than Hulk despite the fact that Hulk is bloodlusted while Tony barely wants to fight. It easily matched the Hulk's punch despite having almost no momentum/force behind it. The Hulkbuster was embarrassing the Hulk.

I'm not sure that's how a fight works. Hulk got hit 24+ times, consecutively, to the face, and his response was to crumple up the Hulkbuster's fist without even having a scratch on his face. Thor, an actual high tier, was stunning Hulk with his less-than-consecutive combos that weren't always to the face.

Despite the Hulkbuster's best efforts, getting as many repairs as possible, every single hit that Hulk got on it was ripping it apart. Once Hulk got seriously serious, all he did was rip up the Hulkbuster. Once a replacement part was sent, a slap one shot it, with enough force to travel back and blow up the satellite, which contained every other Hulkbuster part. Hulk could have ended that fight with one punch after he lost the tooth. The Hulkbuster had to send him through a building and get him calm before it suckerpunched him for a win. Even when Hulk was stuck inside the Hulkbuster's cage arm thing, the Hulk got on top of it and hit the Hulkbuster into a building before eventually tearing out of the arm cage.

The only reason the Hulkbuster was in that fight was the versatility and repairs. If not for the repulsor beams and repairs, the Hulk would have ended the fight in under two minutes. He was the clear superior.

Hulkbuster could have decimated Hulk if Tony was trying to relentlessly rip off Hulk's flesh and really trying to destroy him look at their fight. The fight was a good showing for Iron Man and an embarrassing one for Hulk mostly lol

Show me a scene where Tony had an open chance at that. One scene.

This a fair reason to not believe Hulk is as strong in AoU as he was in Ragnarok but let me explain a bit. If this was the comics Hulk would be green scar(or planet) Hulk in Ragnarok, Thor would be Odinforce, Iron Man would be Bleeding edge or Model Prime by Infinity War and Age of Ultron Hulk would be borderline mindless Hulk. Of course the MCU is weaker and Hulk is arguably the most nerfed out of what I just mentioned. Story/lore-wise Hulk would be more skilled and a better fighter in Ragnarok but in Age of Ultron Scarlet Witch made Hulk angrier than ever to the point where he lost morals. Ragnarok Hulk is pretty calm in comparison. Now we all know Hulk is stronger the angrier he gets right?

I believe the characters get stronger as they go along the story. Though the Hulk in AoU was his strongest form at the time, once Ragnarok rolled around, we found out he was fighting and training for two years.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lilbroomstick

@cocacolaman: Since I'm bumping this thread I'll say I didn't know arguing in your own thread was against the rules so my bad for arguing. I might as well address this though

I believe the characters get stronger as they go along the story. Though the Hulk in AoU was his strongest form at the time, once Ragnarok rolled around, we found out he was fighting and training for two years.

IMO AoU Hulk was stronger just because he had no morals at the time. Hulk and Cap(until he became Worthy) didn't clearly increase in power like Thor and Iron Man have to me. Professor Hulk could be argued to be the strongest and smartest form of Hulk so far though.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SquadDoubleYou  Online

might lose at 11 (Hela) and 14 (Power Stone Ronan)

gets stomped hard by Surtur

ChampionJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 7.

Odinson12387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kurse

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Darkthunder  Online

@subline said:

Stops at Strange

and messed up order

Sonath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Sonath

Worst order ever lmao

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5 said:

3 if Abom scales from Hulk's later feats, if not 4.

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers