MCU Iron Fist vs MCU Daredevil

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Defenders clarified Matt's S2 level and he was superior. Dunno how LCS2 changes things.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 anthp2000  Moderator

@the_magister:

I think it's been implied that Matt is better than Danny, at least without the Iron Fist.

Even the cast of the Defenders agree that Matt is probably the most skilled out of them.

carlosss14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

carlosss14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny wins all rounds

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#155 socajunkie  Moderator

Matt wins if Danny can’t use chi.

carlosss14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny wins, he can use his chi

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@anthp2000:

The statement you're referring to an offhand comment made by Krysten Ritter when Charlie Cox said Matt's the weakest Defender. I don't see why her saying something that essentially amounts to uplifting Charlie would be considered a valid statement.

Danny is just more skilled. With a calm mindset, he bodies this fool.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 anthp2000  Moderator

@anthp2000:

The statement you're referring to an offhand comment made by Krysten Ritter when Charlie Cox said Matt's the weakest Defender. I don't see why her saying something that essentially amounts to uplifting Charlie would be considered a valid statement.

Fair, but Danny's showings still don't stack up to Matt fighting off Bakuto/Murakami and his performance against the Black Sky.

AnonymousJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt beats him, he's superior in everything.

carlosss14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny beats him, he superior in everything

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny should beat him on paper, however Daredevil is a fan favourite, so as we saw in Defenders, Daredevil wins if ever they are made to fight.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil has already won this on screen. The Iron Fist won’t make any difference as Danny can’t tag him with it and he’s never used it as an AoE in character on his own before.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil has already won this on screen. The Iron Fist won’t make any difference as Danny can’t tag him with it and he’s never used it as an AoE in character on his own before.

carlosss14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny beats him, he superior in everything. on top of that, he already beat him on screen.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

carlosss14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paytience: not trollling, im just stating my opinion on how this fight would go down

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

Danny would have to be zen mode to come close to beating Matt as decisively as you're suggesting

A properly focused Danny has the potential to be better than him, but we haven't seen enough from a matured Danny to counter the clear superiority Matt showed in Defenders

carlosss14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny is the superior fighter so he should win.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After watching Luke Cage season 2 and how collected Danny is now, I think he wins. Danny was always at his weakest when he is pissed off which was exactly how he was against Matt.

With this now collected state of mind Danny should win. His greater control of his powers is clear since Danny was able to use the iron fist 3 times in a row without gettting drained.

carlosss14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stefano said:

After watching Luke Cage season 2 and how collected Danny is now, I think he wins. Danny was always at his weakest when he is pissed off which was exactly how he was against Matt.

With this now collected state of mind Danny should win. His greater control of his powers is clear since Danny was able to use the iron fist 3 times in a row without gettting drained.

Basically this.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt already beat him

carlosss14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny beat him once, so I think Danny can beat him again.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1 said:
@the_magister said:

@anthp2000:

Danny would have to be zen mode to come close to beating Matt as decisively as you're suggesting

A properly focused Danny has the potential to be better than him, but we haven't seen enough from a matured Danny to counter the clear superiority Matt showed in Defenders

It wasn't that cut clear, to be fair. Their fight was more or less interrupted, and Danny had still landed several hits on Matt while fending off Luke and Jessica in between.

I'm thinking CV just has a weird way of establishing superiority when it comes to Daredevil, although I still think Matt beats him in a good fight without the Iron Fist.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny didn't land a single hit apart from when he cheapshotted Matt while Jess was holding him off. He also never fended off Jess and Luke inbetween his duel with Matt apart from one lunge from Luke. Their fight was uninterrupted.

I don't think this guy has even watched the scene.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 anthp2000  Moderator

For the record, Matt was clearly Danny's superior by TD. But it was anything but an extreme gap like people appear to claim. Danny dodged a lot of attempts and landed a couple of hits of his own, and at once part had to deal with both Luke and Matt.

Danny didn't land a single hit apart from when he cheapshotted Matt while Jess was holding him off. He also never fended off Jess and Luke inbetween his duel with Matt apart from one lunge from Luke. Their fight was uninterrupted.

I don't think this guy has even watched the scene.

Dodges Luke, fends him off and then dodges an attack from Matt in quick sucession.
Dodges Luke, fends him off and then dodges an attack from Matt in quick sucession.
Hits Matt in the guts.
Hits Matt in the guts.

H2H fight obviously gets interrupted when Danny attempts to use the Fist and uses it on Luke and proceeds to knock everyone in the room down with an AoE. By that time, there was no victor, even if Matt clearly had the upper hand.

You're evidently wrong and yet you're trying to act like a smartass. At least next time have the balls to tag the person you're being disrespectful towards, esspecially when that person is trying to have a discussion with someone else.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: No it's because you haven't watched the scene.

That's not quick succession. Also dodging one of Luke's slow charges is not impressive.

Also that's not a hit. Danny brings his hands down to block a knee from Matt. Danny doesn't land a single blow.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 anthp2000  Moderator

@anthp2000: No it's because you haven't watched the scene.

That's not quick succession. Also dodging one of Luke's slow charges is not impressive.

Also that's not a hit. Danny brings his hands down to block a knee from Matt. Danny doesn't land a single blow.

You're still not making any sense, and you're still talking out of your ass instead of apologising when you've already been proven wrong.

He dodged it and hit Luke and less than a second later Matt was charging at him - this is the definition of quick succession.

Doesn't seem like that to me at all. Matt made a clear sudden jump, if it was Danny blocking the knee Matt wouldn't jump like that. Danny had already brought both his hands down before Matt made the jump.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Greysentinel365

@anthp2000:

He dodged it and hit Luke and less than a second later Matt was charging at him - this is the definition of quick succession.

Nope. There's time for Danny to throw the board away and for Luke to turn. Not to mention the shot makes clear that Matt is nowhere close to him

Doesn't seem like that to me at all. Matt made a clear sudden jump

Yeah because Danny blocked the knee. Matt jumped because he suddenly had one of his legs knocked down after throwing some momentum into it.

I mean this isn't hard dude. Danny's hands are both in frame the whole time and neither come close to Matt's gut. Also if you watch you can Matt's knee come up when Danny blocks down.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 anthp2000  Moderator

@anthp2000:

Nope. There's time for Danny to throw the board away and for Luke to turn. Not to mention the shot makes clear that Matt is nowhere close to him

Doesn't seem like that to me at all. Matt made a clear sudden jump

Yeah because Danny blocked the knee. Matt jumped because he suddenly had one of his legs knocked down after throwing some momentum into it.

I mean this isn't hard dude. Danny's hands are both in frame the whole time and neither come close to Matt's gut. Also if you watch you can Matt's knee come up when Danny blocks down.

It's still less than a second afterwards, this is quick succession.

"Monmentum" explains no jump. I litteraly just rewatched the scene frame by frame in 1080p and we see no knee, nor do we see Danny's hands on the frames the whole time. Also, watching the scene again, Danny landed 2 clean hits, that knee after he dodged Matt on my first gif being one. I was on the fence about that one, but the editing has a clear sound of a hit connecting and Matt being forced back, or dodging, while the latter wouldn't make sense based on the sound editing.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Greysentinel365

@anthp2000:

Wow down to debating sound effects.

"Monmentum" explains no jump.

Clearly you've never had your knee blocked.

I litteraly just rewatched the scene frame by frame in 1080p and we see no knee, nor do we see Danny's hands on the frames the whole time.

I think you're watching the wrong exchange then. Danny's hands don't come back from Matt when they come back up to break his hold on his head. They come from straight down and near him. Rather than drawing back as they would if he had had one extended from a punch. Speaking of Matt's hold on Danny's head why do you think he was holding it? Oh right to bring it down to his knee which he was about to attack with. Good thing Danny blocked that.

that knee after he dodged Matt on my first gif being one.

We see Matt's right arm block that one.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@greysentinel365:

Wow down to debating sound effects.

.... so when someone makes a hit on a target and the target doesn't appear to dodge, and the editor uses sound effects to show that a hit connected... it doesn't mean that the hit connected?

Clearly you've never had your knee blocked.

Actually, I have. I don't know how much 'monmentum' Matt had to put there in order to jump like that just because Danny placed his arms to block it. He visibly jumps back.

I think you're watching the wrong exchange then. Danny's hands don't come back from Matt when they come back up to break his hold on his head. They come from straight down and near him. Rather than drawing back as they would if he had had one extended from a punch. Speaking of Matt's hold on Danny's head why do you think he was holding it? Oh right to bring it down to his knee which he was about to attack with. Good thing Danny blocked that.

Nah, I'm pretty sure that's the one.

And once again, don't know where you're seeing that. His hands come from in front of him and below. I feel it's rather unclear at this point what they intented to do with this part of the choreography, so instead of going in circles, I'll leave it at that.

We see Matt's right arm block that one.

Show me.

Avatar image for spiderfan130666
SpiderFan130666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By SpiderFan130666

.... so when someone makes a hit on a target and the target doesn't appear to dodge, and the editor uses sound effects to show that a hit connected... it doesn't mean that the hit connected?

It honestly does not matter. That's the only good hit he gets in throughout the entire fight. The rest of it takes place without interference.

https://streamable.com/tvv5f

This fight shows him getting wrecked.

Actually, I have. I don't know how much 'monmentum' Matt had to put there in order to jump like that just because Danny placed his arms to block it. He visibly jumps back.

Yeah and when Murdock slugs Danny, he stumbles back. Much more obvious.

Nah, I'm pretty sure that's the one.

And once again, don't know where you're seeing that. His hands come from in front of him and below. I feel it's rather unclear at this point what they intented to do with this part of the choreography, so instead of going in circles, I'll leave it at that.

It doesn't really matter. Matt gets in five solid blows. Danny gets nothing really good, albeit he has no armour so it does help. On the other hand, Matt has no helmet on, and Danny never punches him in the face except at the beginning, and that was a sucker punch.

Show me.

Show me a better example Danny hitting Matt.

The statement you're referring to an offhand comment made by Krysten Ritter when Charlie Cox said Matt's the weakest Defender.

When she says weakest, she means in power levels, NOT skill. Danny is definitely stronger because of the Iron Fist.

Vader3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. IF

2. DD

3. IF

fairtrade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt's better, but I don't think it's supposed to be that way.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt, though I think Danny is pretty close. Defenders tried to put Matt in a Steve Rodger type role as the skilled leader which is why I think he was shown to be a better fighter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matts superior but this can change after Iron Fist S2, but then will probably change again after Daredevil S3.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 anthp2000  Moderator

Matt's better without the Iron Fist included.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt is better and I think its supposed to be that way.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#190 socajunkie  Moderator

Matt's better, but I don't think it's supposed to be that way.

@rbt said:

Matt is better and I think its supposed to be that way.

I agree with one of these.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean look how much better Daredevil performed against Black Sky compared to Danny .

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Even when Danny got Chi he was still no where near as good as Matt.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt still wins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still can't believe Matt got more than 10 hits in that battle against an enhanced swordsman and only got tagged once.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt already won

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_kingoflatveria: Danny was angry in the battle, wasn't focused like he usually is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonymartial: I really don't see how that wound hinder his performance. It's not like he was fighting like a brute in that encounter.

This is further justified by matt doing at least twice as good against Elektra then Danny did even when he activated his chi

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 anthp2000  Moderator

@tonymartial:

He got tagged twice and tagger her back like 4-5 times at most...

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#198  Edited By The_Justiciar

Danny.

Matt's striking power is going to let him down.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: When did he get tagged the first time?