User Lists: 0

Matt in a close fight.

playerx-tr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Before The Defenders, I would say Danny. His feats are more impressive in his own series, he didn't lose a single fight.

After The Defenders, I can say that Daredevil is superior. He had the upper hand in their fight. He could stalemate Black Sky, she was ragdolling Danny. I expected more from Iron Fist, especially after seeing how strong he is in his own series. I think they depowered him because Daredevil is the main hero of the team.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt made Danny look like a fool in their fight.

Logan812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Logan812

@playerx-tr said:

Before The Defenders, I would say Danny. His feats are more impressive in his own series, he didn't lose a single fight.

After The Defenders, I can say that Daredevil is superior. He had the upper hand in their fight. He could stalemate Black Sky, she was ragdolling Danny. I expected more from Iron Fist, especially after seeing how strong he is in his own series. I think they depowered him because Daredevil is the main hero of the team.

To be fair, Danny wasn't thinking clearly and panicked during that fight. Plus, Daredevil still has the edge from years of "on-the-job" experience fighting actual adversaries ranging from common thugs to people like Punisher and even Nobu, whereas Danny hasn't been in a real fight outside of training until Iron Fist Season 1.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without the Iron Fist, Matt would probably win. But the Iron Fist is too much for him to handle, especially since its shockwaves mess with Matt's hearing.

Matt being better than Danny disappointed me... his fodder feats in his own series impressed me a lot more.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Matt takes him out in a good 'ol fist fight.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it makes sense that dd is more skilled in straight h2h. if he wasn't he wouldn't offer anything unique to the team no one is beating danny with fist thoiugh

Avatar image for deactivated-59d0376931207
deactivated-59d0376931207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt is the best H2H fighter the MCU has to offer. Danny can beat him because of the Iron Fist, but that's his only saving grace in this fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@momus said:

Matt is the best H2H fighter the MCU has to offer. Danny can beat him because of the Iron Fist, but that's his only saving grace in this fight.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#110  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Before Defenders, I'd have said Danny... logically, he should be better. But for some reason, he's just... not.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Because DD was the main character of Defenders. The other characters had to be nerfed.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt

quantum-savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking at all the answers that give Danny any or all rounds were hilarious until I seen how long ago this was posted. Still I don't see what he did in Iron Fist to make it seem like he could handle Daredevil. Regardless I give DD all rounds

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Danny is so damn underrated in this thread, he stomps Matt

Avatar image for deactivated-59d0376931207
deactivated-59d0376931207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849: The only way he would stomp Matt was if he went and stayed in full Zen mode, which he's incapable of doing. Matt is the better fighter, which was proven in the Defenders. Danny can win because of the Iron Fist, which Matt doesn't have an answer for. That's it, if Danny doesn't use his chi, he loses. If he does, he wins.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

Before Defenders, I'd have said Danny... logically, he should be better. But for some reason, he's just... not.

I think it's cause, while Danny's got the technical ability, he doesn't have Matt's focus, tenacity, or practical experience. At least not yet

I would've said Danny based on logic too, but to be fair, I think the Matt we saw in Defenders was generally more capable than we ever saw him in DD S2, except maybe for the times he stomped Nobu.

Zen mode Danny (like at the end of his fight with Scythe) would win

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The cast members themselves said Daredevil was the better fighter.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee said:

The cast members themselves said Daredevil was the better fighter.

Loading Video...

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By JamesWayne

@jayskee: yeah in skill for sure, it's what was suggested in Defenders, but with the fist Matt loses, he can't get touched by that and Danny did land a few hits in their brawl, so he would win with the fist.

Also in general, Defenders had many many inconsistencies with power levels Elektra could one shot luke, tank a fist but can't beat Matt? I think that fight was more emotional than anything else. As Matt said, she could have killed him. But yeah, without the fist, Matt is CLEARLY the most skilled of the defenders, with the fist, no one beats danny.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee: yeah in skill for sure, it's what was suggested in Defenders, but with the fist Matt loses, he can't get touched by that and Danny did land a few hits in their brawl, so he would win with the fist.

Also in general, Defenders had many many with power levels Elektra could one shot luke, tank a fist but can't beat Matt? I think that fight was more emotional than anything else. As Matt said, she could have killed him. But yeah, without the fist, Matt is CLEARLY the most skilled of the defenders, with the fist, no one beats danny.

The only time Elektra knocked out Luke was when he was drugged. And yeah, Matt> Danny when it comes to fighting skill. Danny wins with the Fist though.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In all fairness I hardly see the actress who plays Jessica to be the authority on who is the most skilled. She was also probably just being nice in that clip as well since Charlie said Matt was the weakest and she than said "yea but your the most skilled". I really wouldn't take that statement seriously.

That said Matt clearly has better feats.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Nelomaxwell

Matt all rounds.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil the first two rounds and Iron Fist the third. Daredevil was clearly portrayed as the better fighter between the two as he was the one who held an advantage in their fight.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even see Danny taking the third round. In character, he is extremely reluctant to use his chi even against tanks like Luke Cage. In his fight with Matt, Danny didn't even consider using his chi against him, despite the stakes being high. There is no reason to believe that Danny will use it now.

Even against Scythe, an opponent Danny was willing to kill, he was unable to K.O. him with a punch. This can be explained by Danny not having the time to fully charge up his chi in the middle of a fight. Matt is not only faster and more skilled than Scythe (making it harder for Danny to charge the punch), but is also more durable due to the armor. If Danny does not exert at least a decent portion of the chi on Matt, there is a good chance that Daredevil will remain in the fight.

Matt all rounds.

This.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladeoffury: well said and Matt isn't a stupid fighter he won't give Danny a second to charge his chi.

dragonking32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Daredevil for me

2. Still Daredevil

3. Daredevil tbh

OmegaVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt is just shown to be a better fighter. Danny had issues throughout his series and the Defenders dealing with fighters. Matt was even shown to be better than Danny during the series. The only way I can see Danny beating Matt is by using the fist, but he hesitates in using it. That will be his downfall here.

Avatar image for marioeatsspaguetti
MarioEatsSpaguetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt, until Danny completes his training and becomes less hot headed and over emotional, more focused, able to use his chi in all its potential and with both hands, and gets less serious and more witty (these last two not being relevant to fight itself, but to us fans hehe). All of this in the upcoming season 2 (lol, we can hope).

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Defenders answered this

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt the fist two rounds Danny the third if he is smart.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By pastepotpete1

he can keep his fist lit up for a very long time until he gets the right opportunity and that punch floored Luke Cage or he can just knock the ground out from under dare devil

you should change it so that he can only keep it lit up for about 10-20 seconds

danny rand almost got killed by his step father lol who just had a gun and was by himself

Vacanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Vacanus

After binging Luke Cage I think it's close. I think Danny is certainly the more skilled of the two, but Matt is more experienced, has superhuman senses, and has gear/armor.

I think without Matt's suit, Danny could feasibly win.

With his suit/billy clubs, Matt is definitely taking this.

This is assuming Danny is focused and not over emotional like he was in Defenders.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 anthp2000  Moderator

I could honestly see Matt winning R3.

Vacanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: even after Danny’s LC S2 feats? It was made abundantly clear that he is superior to what he was. In Defenders he was overemotional, and let his enemies, and even friends get inside his head.

Idk if you’ve seen LC S2, so I’m gonna put a SPOILER WARNING right here:

Danny actually beats Luke in a fight WITHOUT his chi. Granted the fight could have kept going, but he put Luke down and could have easily ended it. In Defenders, Danny was helpless against Luke.

Again, fighting Matt is different though. Matt has superhuman senses, so despite Danny being more skilled, he has an undeniably disadvantage. I think R1 would be close, but I think Danny, IF HE IS FOCUSED, could take the majority. Especially if he goes into that super chi mode like he did against Scythe in IF 1x07.

As for R2, I think Matt would take it. His armor and gear give him a clear advantage. Danny isn’t gonna be able to beat that armor.

R3, I can’t see Matt winning, Danny’s chi is so powerful, all he needs is to connect once, and it’s over.

Idk, this is just my sense, I could be wrong, and I’m willing to discuss this with anyone, but I think Danny was MASSIVELY improved in LC S2.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Greysentinel365

@vacanus:

Danny actually beats Luke in a fight WITHOUT his chi. Granted the fight could have kept going, but he put Luke down and could have easily ended it.

All he did was evade and trip him. Bushmaster did the same and Luke still pulled through and won.

Vacanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greysentinel365: Danny could have attacked him in numerous ways in the back of the head while look was down. He could have pulled a Matt and flipped onto Luke's head with a kick, and it would have KO'd him. We've seen Luke get damaged from severe trauma to the head before, and he's even been KO'd from a kick to the head before *granted that was Elektra*, but Danny could have feasibly stunned him, and kept going from there.

Regardless, he has still clearly improved from Defenders, where he basically couldn't do anything without his fist against Luke.

NickFlix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron fist should be a top tier martial artist far above DD. But you can’t argue against feats and those say that daredevil wins

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Greysentinel365

@vacanus:

He could have pulled a Matt and flipped onto Luke's head with a kick, and it would have KO'd him.

That would have done nothing

We've seen Luke get damaged from severe trauma to the head before

When? I mean JJ shotgun? He's gotten an explicit amp since then.

and he's even been KO'd from a kick to the head before *granted that was Elektra*

He was also drugged.

but Danny could have feasibly stunned him, and kept going from there.

Not even the Iron Fist stunned Luke. Danny is not beating Cage.

Regardless, he has still clearly improved from Defenders, where he basically couldn't do anything without his fist against Luke.

He did nothing here he couldn't have before. If you're referring purely to his mentality. Then that's a double standard considering that the entire point of the episode was to show that Luke was unbalanced by the most recent events. And therefore wouldn't be fighting at his apex either. That's the entire reason Danny could do anything against Luke in the first place. Before Luke went rage he just blocked and tanked all Danny had and then laid him out just like last time

No matter how you cut it Iron Fist got nothing new from his appearance in LCS2 other than better characterisation

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Danny with the current chill mindset wrecks.

Matt stands no chance.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 anthp2000  Moderator
The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Got decent fodder wrecking feats in Luke Cage.

Far better than anything Matt has accomplished. Shows how good Danny is when focused and calm.

Danny wrecks this fool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Magister is back with his Daredevil lowball

imagein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: you have a point. His mood and focus greatly affects his fighting ability.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Got decent fodder wrecking feats in Luke Cage.

Far better than anything Matt has accomplished. Shows how good Danny is when focused and calm.

Danny wrecks this fool.

Was it stated Danny improved or something? Because they fought already and Matt did fine.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

damn

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By The_Justiciar

@bump1010: No, it wasn't. He didn't improve in skill.

He just got a lot calmer and more focused (even knocking Luke to the ground by using his on momentum against him). Assuming the same holds true here, he wouldn't be nearly as sloppy when engaging Matt.

bump1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bump1010: No, it wasn't. He didn't improve in skill.

He just got a lot calmer and more focused (even knocking Luke to the ground by using his on momentum against him). Assuming the same holds true here, he wouldn't be nearly as sloppy when engaging Matt.

Unless Danny has normalized Zen mode I don't see why he would be fighting differently than in defenders.