#1 Edited by Komboing (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

Now I'm pretty sure this hasn't been done, somehow. But with the Defenders trailer out I may as well do it.

R1 No gear or armor, just H2H

R2 H2H but Matt gets his armor

R3 Standard gear *Danny gets one IF punch*

Oh and don't base this on choreography and what you think of the shows, this is based on skill.

#2 Posted by TheSuperor (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil, this is assuming IF cannot channel his chi

#3 Posted by mrmonster (15623 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Danny Rand

Round 2: Daredevil

Round 3: Iron Fist

#4 Posted by AngelJax (11763 posts) - - Show Bio

Danny all rounds. The closet is round 2

#5 Posted by Komboing (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster: I'm tempted to give Matt round 2, but I don't see him hitting Danny more than once or twice :P, it would be close though, his armor is pretty damn durable.

#6 Posted by Komboing (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster: also how do you think the Defenders team is gonna be setup? I'm kind of expecting a similar setup to LoT.

Matt as the leader

Danny as the martial artist

Luke as a defensive rank

Jessica as the offensive tank, and probably won't listen to Matt.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
#7 Posted by deactivated-5a89ca5697052 (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

Danny all rounds.

#8 Posted by Komboing (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesuperor: can I ask why you view Danny as unimpressive? Is it the choreography? I mean it can't be based on feats considering he didn't lose a fight the whole season.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
#9 Posted by deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65 (4972 posts) - - Show Bio

#10 Posted by mrmonster (15623 posts) - - Show Bio

@komboing: I don't see Matt beating him hand to hand. Danny clears through street thugs way faster than Matt does, even without his chi.

And I think you're right about the Defenders, but I also think Jessica will take on a detective role.

#11 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Danny wins all rounds.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#12 Posted by blackpantherisb (7266 posts) - - Show Bio

Danny all rounds, I feel he gets under sold.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46927fc5463
#13 Posted by deactivated-5a46927fc5463 (2849 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually think DD can pull off round 2.

#14 Posted by TheSuperor (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

@komboing: He struggled against random Hand goons and security guards and didn't fight a single well established character.

Constantly struggling with fodder is not enough for me to put him above Matt. And even Matt's fodder feats are better than anything Danny did in IF

#15 Edited by Komboing (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesuperor: yeah Danny's fodder feats were bad. But at Danny's best he dominated the hands best fighters, one without even looking, beat Davos, Bakuto and more and didn't lose one fight. I'm hoping in S2 they make him less emotional.

#16 Posted by TheSuperor (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

@komboing: Bakuto had really shit feats, he is probably around Elektra tier as I see it. So beating him is not impressive. Beating Davos is a bit better, but still not great. Davos was a good fighter, but he also struggled against random Hand goons.

Stated to be the best fighters of the Hand doesn't mean anything when they don't have feats to back it up or any other characters we can scale them through. Nobu was dead as of the time they were stated to be the best fighters in the Hand, so there is nothing to back up that they were all better than Nobu or even his level.

Defenders will help us as where to rank Danny in-universe, so we'll have to wait and see.

#17 Posted by jayc1324 (26431 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt all rounds as long as Danny isn't using chi. His feats are way more impressive. Danny is just as fast in terms of reflexes but Matt is more agile and has better strength and skill showings. Matt has a much higher pain tolerance as well. I don't see Danny beating Matt. I think Danny is supposed to be better than Matt but he has not shown it at all.

#19 Posted by rogueshadow (29379 posts) - - Show Bio

Danny. All rounds.

Two would be a great fight.

#20 Posted by the_wspanialy (4096 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Could go either way, though Daredevil impressed me more as a fighter. His physical attributes are propably better.

Round 2: Matt.

Round 3: Danny.

#21 Edited by Widowblue (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Danny wins all rounds.

#22 Edited by nickzambuto (29288 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: I don't think Matt is any more agile than Iron Fist, his fighting style just incorporates acrobatic techniques whereas Iron Fist's does not. So you can say Daredevil is a better acrobat than Iron Fist (which is debatable if you ask me because I was more impressed by Iron Fist leaping to a second story balcony without making a sound and backflipping 10 feet into the air over a speeding car more than any of Daredevil's acrobatic feats, so once again it's more likely that Daredevil's particular fighting style just does it MORE rather than him actually being better) but he's definitely not more agile.

#23 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5761 posts) - - Show Bio

R1- probably Danny

R2- Matt

R3- is a toss up. But I'd lean on Matt for now, since in all likelihood he should be able to dodge the fist

#24 Posted by Sillysteve08 (102 posts) - - Show Bio

If we're going by feats then DD wins. If not, IF takes it. I I would argue he takes it very easily. But DD has been very depowered in the mcu. So...

#25 Posted by ganon15 (7161 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Danny

2. Matt

3. Danny

#26 Posted by Komboing (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

@sillysteve08: I mean I think he takes rounds 1/3 very easily. But I'd say it's by feats and logic. He didn't lose a fight all season and he was fighting people who are supposedly far better than anyone Matt fought.

#27 Posted by Sillysteve08 (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@komboing: That's what i am getting at, by feats DD should take all rounds. But i disagree, by logic of the viewer Danny should stomp. His MA was much higher the DD. The way Danny dispatched of the high elite warriors of the hand should be showing enough that he could easily take DD. But by feat standers, DD takes him.I just hope the Defenders do him more justice

#28 Posted by jayc1324 (26431 posts) - - Show Bio

@komboing: That's what i am getting at, by feats DD should take all rounds. But i disagree, by logic of the viewer Danny should stomp. His MA was much higher the DD. The way Danny dispatched of the high elite warriors of the hand should be showing enough that he could easily take DD. But by feat standers, DD takes him.I just hope the Defenders do him more justice

I don't think this is any better than DD beating Nobu, especially since Danny needed chi to beat one of the elite warriors, and he struggled heavily with them. DD has to fight the Hand while only listening to their breaths since they mask their heartbeats.

#29 Posted by DSTREET45 (5281 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Danny is above Matt by a small margin. So he takes each round with the 3rd being the easiest.

#30 Posted by Komboing (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: it is, because they were specifically stated to be the hands best fighters. Nobu wasn't

#31 Posted by jayc1324 (26431 posts) - - Show Bio

@komboing: Statements don't really matter. Nobu leads his own section of the Hand, so he should be higher than those guys anyway. The one woman Danny fought wasn't much of a fighter at all, just seduced him, so that statement of them being great fighters is questionable too

#32 Edited by HeroUp2112 (18333 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46927fc5463
#33 Posted by deactivated-5a46927fc5463 (2849 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump. This may have changed after Defenders. Matt was getting more hits in on Danny in their fight, and he seemed to be doing slightly better against Elektra.

#34 Posted by RBT (28606 posts) - - Show Bio

R1 No gear or armor, just H2H-- Could go either way. Probably Danny.

R2 H2H but Matt gets his armor-- Matt.

R3 Standard gear *Danny gets one IF punch*-- Matt.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
#35 Posted by deactivated-5a89ca5697052 (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

With chi - Danny

Without chi - Matt

#36 Posted by Batfreak2424 (808 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Morpheus_ (34516 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil was all over him while Danny was angry and Matt didn't even want to fight. One can argue about Danny's mental state not being the best but Daredevil having no intention of fighting balances things out. I thought it was straightforward the implication was that DD > IF.

#38 Posted by Komboing (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah after Defenders I think Matt wins.

#39 Posted by imagein (889 posts) - - Show Bio

After watching the Defenders, Matt definitely wins round 1 and 2. I still think Danny could win a *slight* majority of round 3 if he's in the right mind state and other people aren't interfering, but that's only if he lands a chi punch.

#40 Posted by jayskee (4885 posts) - - Show Bio

After Defenders, Matt wins round 1 and 2. He was stomping Danny in their fight. Danny wins round 3 though.

#41 Posted by captainswing (64 posts) - - Show Bio

DD is better fighter.

It's made clear IF has more potential and has versatility beyond fighting e.g. healing and other stupid things with the fist. He is also in character stupid, annoying, irrational, easy to anger over nothing and likely to get into a fight with his reflection in a mirror.

IF can get lots of IF punches but they have to connect; if one does, it's game over. Trouble is, in character, that probably wouldn't always happen. And when he punches it's recharge time. So DD wins in character.

#42 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched their fight, does Danny's ability fluctuate throughout Defenders as much as it seemed to through Iron Fist? Matt being more skilled in pure technique than Danny seems questionable, but I can work with Matt being able to outfight him by virtue of being smarter/more focused, etc

#43 Edited by slimj87d (15680 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been waiting for this topic to pop up.

I want to say that DD was definitely winning their fight. But in Danny's defense, his situational awareness wasn't focused solely on DD. He didn't know if any of the other members would attack him or not. That's evident when he dodges Luke and then dodges DD coming from behind Luke.

That may sound minor to you, but it's definitely something you cannot be distracted by fighting someone like DD.

You also have to factor in that Danny is wearing civilian clothes. DD is wearing kevlar-nomex impact resistant suit. So at times when Danny knee him in the chest, it didn't hurt as bad. Or when he blocked Danny's blows with his elbows, these were elbow pads that were defecting the King Pin whaling on him with metal clubs.

But a fight between DD and IF is inconclusive to me. They're pretty equal and I like both characters dearly.

With the Iron Fist, DD will lose easily. Iron Fist doesn't need to even connect. The shockwaves from his punches will send people through walls and deafen DD due to his enhanced senses.

Avatar image for marioeatsspaguetti
#44 Edited by MarioEatsSpaguetti (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: I kinda feel the same about both of them and about their fight as you do. Right now, after their fight finally happend, I think either Matt is going to win with some difficult a fight only between them, after a somewhat long battle, or Danny is going to win after a hardfought long battle.

But then I remember Danny blocking all the attacks from the last Hand gauntlet member in episode 6 from IF with a single arm and moving as a blur, a guy said to be one of the best the Hand got, and think....Danny should do better in a fight with Matt, shouldn't he?!

PS: Ah, and the fight with Elektra that Danny had? I don't think she was all out either. If you remember the fight, she needed him as the key, and even directioned his chi puch to open the door in the end and lost track of him.

#45 Posted by slimj87d (15680 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: I kinda feel the same about both of them and about their fight as you do. Right now, after their fight finally happend, I think either Matt is going to win with some difficult a fight only between them, after a somewhat long battle, or Danny is going to win after a hardfought long battle.

But then I remember Danny blocking all the attacks from the last Hand gauntlet member in episode 6 from IF with a single arm and moving as a blur, a guy said to be one of the best the Hand got, and think....Danny should do better in a fight with Matt, shouldn't he?!

PS: Ah, and the fight with Elektra that Danny had? I don't think she was all out either. If you remember the fight, she needed him as the key, and even directioned his chi puch to open the door in the end and lost track of him.

Yes, I think he used his chi when he moved at blur speeds. His training is incomplete as he can only fist with his right hand. But great point about that scene.

To me, this is Brienne of Tarth beating the Hound all over again. There were certain conditions that lead up to the Hound's defeat that everyone overlooks.

Avatar image for darkerrrrrrrrrr
#46 Posted by darkerrrrrrrrrr (173 posts) - - Show Bio

R1: Daredevil

R2: Daredevil

R3: Iron fist.

Avatar image for marioeatsspaguetti
#47 Posted by MarioEatsSpaguetti (70 posts) - - Show Bio
@slimj87d said:
@marioeatsspaguetti said:

Yes, I think he used his chi when he moved at blur speeds. His training is incomplete as he can only fist with his right hand. But great point about that scene.

To me, this is Brienne of Tarth beating the Hound all over again. There were certain conditions that lead up to the Hound's defeat that everyone overlooks.

Just to know, were you talking about the blur scene or my PS?

"To me, this is Brienne of Tarth beating the Hound all over again. There were certain conditions that lead up to the Hound's defeat that everyone overlooks.", HAHA I love The Hound! Good thing he isn't dead "anymore".

#48 Edited by nfactor1995 (12944 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt>Danny in pure H2H is really dumb and disappointing IMO, but it seems like that's what the show is implying (marginal gap, but still there)

Avatar image for celestialknight
#49 Posted by CelestialKnight (1486 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil was all over him while Danny was angry and Matt didn't even want to fight. One can argue about Danny's mental state not being the best but Daredevil having no intention of fighting balances things out. I thought it was straightforward the implication was that DD > IF.

#50 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt>Danny in pure H2H is really dumb and disappointing IMO, but it seems like that's what the show is implying (marginal gap, but still there)

Having only seen clips and read descriptions of the show, can't say for sure yet (bout to start), but I feel like Danny has more potential and may be superior in pure technique, but Matt has more practical fighting experience and is more focused (senses could give him an edge too). Honestly I'm only theorizing at this point though