Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1

Iron Fist:

No Caption Provided

VS

Captain America:

No Caption Provided

When these MCU masters do battle, who will win?

Danny can use his chi

Fight takes place in the streets of New York. Starting distance is 20 feet

Both are in character. Victory by ko

Edit: For both rounds, Danny's chi will be replenished if it's used up

Round 1:

Cap does not have his shield

Round 2:

Cap has his shield

Who wins?

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny beats a shieldless cap with or without chi.

Don't know if he could beat a Cap with a shield though

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax: without chi I haven't seen anything to say he's actually strong enough to put Cap down

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AngelJax

@arcus1: Danny swatted away like 5 Hand fighters that were dog piling him without chi IIRC, and Danny could just use pressure points to out him down instead of brute force.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By TheSuperor

@angeljax said:

Danny beats a shieldless cap with or without chi.

Don't know if he could beat a Cap with a shield though

lol

OT: Cap wins

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax: hmm, I haven't seen all the episodes, so maybe, idk. It's been pretty consistent though that an unenhanced human's not beating a super soldier without some sort of other edge

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

imagein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By imagein

Danny definitely beats a shieldless Cap, with or without chi. He's way too fast and skilled. He can lock up his joints, counter him. He doesn't need to be equal in raw physical strength to defeat Captain America.

Iron Fist *still* beats Captain America with his shield, if he has chi. IF counters and switches up on opponents effortlessly. If Steve tries to block with the shield, Danny will use whatever limbs aren't blocked by the shield to take advantage of wherever the shield isn't blocking. If Steve blocks high, Rand sweeps him or kicks one of his shins in. If Steve blocks low, Danny's gonna use the Iron Fist on his chest, neck or face.

If Cap throws the shield, Danny uses the Iron Fist to punch it away from them, uses his area of effect attack to make Steve fall and proceeds to rush him with a flurry of strikes ftw.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Arcus1

@imagein:

He needs to be strong enough to actually do damage to Cap. Cap's a skilled fighter in his own right, it's not like he's just gonna stand there and make it easy for Danny to hurt him. Bucky's deflected bullets off his arm, and Cap's kept up with him just fine, so I'm not sure Danny's gonna be all that faster than Cap, if at all

imagein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By imagein

@arcus1: he'll break him down with pressure points, joint locks, counters. He was trained for over a decade on how to overcome an opponent who has superior raw strength with skill. He moves like water routinely with multiple people attacking him all at once and never taking one blow from them.

His combat speed is faster than Captain America. Everything I stated is taking into consideration that Captain America would be trying to kill Iron Fist. I know he wouldn't be sitting there letting him do stuff to him, Danny has a faster combat speed than Steve.

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't seen all of Iron First yet, on episode 7 but I'm going with Cap both rounds.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One sucker punch from a random thug at the hospital had him in pain and the dude put up a decent fight afterwards. Cap one or 2 shots if serious.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske said:

One sucker punch from a random thug at the hospital had him in pain and the dude put up a decent fight afterwards. Cap one or 2 shots if serious.

When he was drugged to shit and didn't have his chi, sure.

imagein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: lol you're right, context is everything.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: No. This was udrugged when he went looking for his medical records.

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske said:

This. Also don't think he was drugged when he fought that dude in the moving semi truck.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske said:

Oh yeah that fight was BS in general, I hated the fast cuts and everything. But anyway, Danny has shown to have way higher durability than that in every other showing. He even fell from a building for several stories and survived, that would've killed a normal human. Clearly his chi enhances his durability as well as all his other physicals.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: Of course it does and he's a total badass but he's not taking punches from a superhuman that has greater durability and great skill(not as skilled). Cap is just too much.

imagein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske: went back and watched it, you were right about being when he wasn't drugged. But that's not definitive proof Captain America would beat him.

Danny needs less time than Steve's fight with Batroc to get off counters (and IF can last longer in a fight with Cap than Batroc, who is way less skilled than him), pressure points and joint locks needed to disable and kill him.

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: Are you talking about when Ward kicked him out of the penthouse window? If i'm remembering correctly i'm pretty sure Danny tried to grab onto a pole to try and stop himself while he was falling. He failed, but it still slowed him down a significant amount and then he hit the ground and knocked himself out.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske said:

@bflynn316: Of course it does and he's a total badass but he's not taking punches from a superhuman that has greater durability and great skill(not as skilled). Cap is just too much.

I think he could take a couple punches, but I don't see Steve landing that many hits. Danny likes to duck and weave around his opponents strikes and he's always fast enough to do it. As of right now he's the MCU's only street leveler to dodge a bullet after it's been fired. I'm guessing Spidey will get feats like that in his films, but based on feats, Danny is currently the MCU's fastest street leveler by a pretty good margin. Steve is gunna have a tough time touching him.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

I love how on CV people will focus on the five PIS moments among fifty great feats.

It's like saying that Cap was pinned down by one mook with a gun in the Avengers and had to be saved by Iron Man, therefore he sucks.

Seriously, Danny wasn't even using chi when he was sucker punched by the guy with knuckle dusters. He's been pushed fifteen feet back by Gao and smashed through wooden beams and got back up, beaten repeatedly with wooden bats and kicked in the face while restrained/drugged yet been completely fine, he was fodderising waves of the Hand with a bolt stuck in his gut, sometimes fighting three or four fighters simultaneously etc.

The guy in the truck wasn't some newb, the fact that he was fully willing to sacrifice his life simply because he displeased Gao and lost to Danny shows that. Context, people.

I say Danny in 1, Cap in 2 if we don't consider Danny's beast mode.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: He would have no problem touching him. Also Danny fell 2 stories maybe 3 and was knocked out for hours. He's not taking a serious punch from Cap.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske said:

@bflynn316: He would have no problem touching him. Also Danny fell 2 stories maybe 3 and was knocked out for hours. He's not taking a serious punch from Cap.

Why do you say he has no problem touching him? Cap doesn't have Danny's level of speed feats at all. And you can't really think Cap could knock Danny out with a single punch do you? Even Batroc lasted longer than that. If anyone would get one shot it's Cap from an IF punch if he doesn't have his shield. Danny destroyed an entire floor of a building with that.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: Regular humans tagged Danny. Cap is enhanced and faster than a non enhanced human. He's far from slow. As soon as Cap put the shield away and got serious he ended the fight with Batroc. I have no doubt that Cap could knock him out with a punch, kick, elbow, knee or even a heasbutt.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bflynn316

Some speed feats for those who don't believe me when I say Danny is the MCU's current fastest street-leveler

No Caption Provided

Here he dodges a bullet after it's been fired.

No Caption Provided

Here he fights one of the Hand's best fighters (who is moving like a blur even in slow motion), while he's distracted, after he just ran a gauntlet, AND after he's been poisoned. With an arm that has just been slashed by a katana. I mean he's not even looking at this dude.

Danny is quick as hell.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske said:

@bflynn316: Regular humans tagged Danny. Cap is enhanced and faster than a non enhanced human. He's far from slow. As soon as Cap put the shield away and got serious he ended the fight with Batroc. I have no doubt that Cap could knock him out with a punch, kick, elbow, knee or even a heasbutt.

Every time that Danny got tagged there was some sort of context or plot reason though. I mean looking back at the show, he pretty much never gets touched by anyone that isn't ridiculously skilled. And even those people like the Hand's best martial artists never tag him. Colleen tried several times to hit him but couldn't land a single punch. And look at the gifs I posted above. When Danny is taking a fight seriously, almost nothing touches him.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny can not put Steve down without his Chi.

With chi he wins Round 1, but still loses Round 2.

Read the OP, he has his chi both rounds and it replenishes if he runs out.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: Look if Cap can tag Spider Man he can tag Danny. Cap is very skilled himself. He also has superhuman strength and durabilty. He's not just a brawler like Luke Cage who I do think Danny could beat.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By bflynn316

@bflynn316:

Then he wins Round 1 and loses the in the second round imo.

I think that's pretty fair. Both rounds I see being good fights honestly, that's why I haven't said who wins which round yet. I'm just trying to establish where Danny lies in the MCU's street level tier.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske said:

@bflynn316: Look if Cap can tag Spider Man he can tag Danny. Cap is very skilled himself. He also has superhuman strength and durabilty. He's not just a brawler like Luke Cage who I do think Danny could beat.

I mean Spidey is pretty featless and unexperienced at this point. That's why as of right now I'm saying he's slower than Danny just based off what we've seen. But we'll see what happens once he gets his own movie and in Infinity War.

Maybe Cap could land a few hits, but especially without his shield he's mostly just going to be landing short jabs that Danny won't react to as easily. Maybe he'll even get in one of those push kicks he loves so much. But any blow that would result in a knockout is going to take a lot of momentum, which means Danny will have more time to react. And if Danny happens to land an Iron Fist punch, I don't see Cap staying conscious for that.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: @imagein: I think you're both seriously underestimating Captain America's speed. Captain America is fast enough to keep pace with a car traveling between 30-50 mph(civil War chase) and his reflexes are fast enough to go toe-to-toe with Spiderman, Iron Man, Black Panther and WS . Danny didn't fight a single metahuman in the Iron Fist series. Without Chi powers, he is no match for Captain America. With Chi powers, Danny can beat Cap without his shield but not with it.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: @imagein: I think you're both seriously underestimating Captain America's speed. Captain America is fast enough to keep pace with a car traveling between 30-50 mph(civil War chase) and his reflexes are fast enough to go toe-to-toe with Spiderman, Iron Man, Black Panther and WS . Danny didn't fight a single metahuman in the Iron Fist series. Without Chi powers, he is no match for Captain America. With Chi powers, Danny can beat Cap without his shield but not with it.

Why do people keep saying without his chi powers? Danny has his chi powers here

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:

@arcus1: Danny swatted away like 5 Hand fighters that were dog piling him without chi IIRC, and Danny could just use pressure points to out him down instead of brute force.

No evidence that he knows pressure points, He doesn't have the power to hurt cap without it, 5 featless hand soldiers is nothing. Cap has actual feats, dannys best is not punching through the floor and knocking down a steel wall, and he has to charge up his fist to do so. He is too slow, too frail, and needs more feats to start having a chance at beating a super soldier.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: those are outliers though, those are literally the only instances in the whole show that he moved anywhere near that fast and he was in some sort of trance talking back to kun lun while doing so

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: those are outliers though, those are literally the only instances in the whole show that he moved anywhere near that fast and he was in some sort of trance talking back to kun lun while doing so

Not really, he consistently dodges attacks from Colleen, Bakuto, and even Davos. He's always shown to be really fast, the outliers are in fights like the hospital fight scene which just made no sense in general.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killraven4334 said:

Not really, he consistently dodges attacks from Colleen, Bakuto, and even Davos. He's always shown to be really fast, the outliers are in fights like the hospital fight scene which just made no sense in general.

Fast for a human, not fast for a super human. All of those characters have no speed feats to but them in caps league. Danny is by far the best of the TV shows, he would dominate anybody on agents of shield or any of the netflix shows, but hes not in Captain America post Winter soldiers league yet

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By bflynn316

@bflynn316 said:
@killraven4334 said:

Fast for a human, not fast for a super human. All of those characters have no speed feats to but them in caps league. Danny is by far the best of the TV shows, he would dominate anybody on agents of shield or any of the netflix shows, but hes not in Captain America post Winter soldiers league yet

But what are Cap's speed feats that put him above, let's say Daredevil? The best I can remember him doing is aim-dodging. Or not even, more aim-blocking. (I don't know if that's a thing but you know what I mean). What's his best speed feat?

Komboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor: have you actually watched IF? I've seen you say Oliver, SARA and Cap can beat him h2h. There is no one in all of live action tv who is more skilled than Danny. MCU Danny is a comic book skill level character. Oliver would last a minute, Sara would get destroyed and the only thing keeping cap from losing instantly are his advanced physicals.

You're going based on feats, something IF has very few of, but in those feats he has DECIMATED the best the hand and Kun Lun has to offer.

There is simply no one on his level.

Komboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: you're right, Danny is slower than cap, but there's no way for Cap to even touch Danny.

Danny is skilled enough to put down someone like cap, one mistake on caps part and he's down.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@komboing: You are overrating IF way too much, without his chi he is around Daredevil level. What exactly makes him the most skilled live action character there is?

He decimated the best hand to hand fighter Kun Lun had to offer.. Sara beat one of the finest fighters the League of Assassins had even before she became the White Canary.

You are basing this around way too much speculation. I am currently on episode 12 and Danny without his chi would lose to someone like Oliver 9/10 times

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@komboing said:

@bflynn316: you're right, Danny is slower than cap, but there's no way for Cap to even touch Danny.

Danny is skilled enough to put down someone like cap, one mistake on caps part and he's down.

What? When did I say Danny is slower than Cap? At running maybe but not in reaction speed.

Komboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor: once again... no lol...

DD struggles against mid level hand fighters

Danny decimated the best in the hand

And Kun Lun fighters>>>>League

Listen I love arrow, but I know Olivers limits, and he isn't gonna lay a finger on Danny...

Komboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@komboing: It's all good. Just saying, Danny has faster reaction feats than Cap does by a pretty good margin.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@komboing said:

@thesuperor: once again... no lol...

DD struggles against mid level hand fighters

Danny decimated the best in the hand

And Kun Lun fighters>>>>League

Listen I love arrow, but I know Olivers limits, and he isn't gonna lay a finger on Danny...

Dude, c'mon... even regular fodder tagged IF multiple times during the series, but Oliver can't lay a hand on him? That's ridiculous...

I guess we have to agree to disagree... Imo Oliver is clearly a better fighter than Danny

And based on what can you say Kun Lun fighters>>>>League?

Komboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor: Sara lost to Mick, Sara got destroyed by Ollie, Ollie is the best in the Arrowverse by a pretty large margin currently. He's also pretty far ahead of DD and basically anyone in MCU

But Danny is simply beyond Olivers level, by far. Look at what these other people are saying

"I watched episode 1, he would stomp Ollie" and they are right.

Oliver is an incredible fighter, extremely accomplished, he's beaten freakin Ras al Ghul.

But this is not a fight he can win, or even come close to winning. We're talking about Danny Rand, number 1 in all of marvel. And Marvel Fighters>DC Fighters

Danny/Shang would destroy Dragon/Shiva, the only people who can beat Danny are Karate Kid and Batman One Million.

I mean ffs even show Danny KILLED A DRAGON WITH HIS HANDS.

Komboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor: league fighters never impressed me imo, especially the normal ones. The only one in the entire league who impressed me is Ras, but current Ollie would beat him handily h2h.