Posted by Saberscar223 (4335 posts) 1 year, 13 days ago

Poll: MCU hulk vs DCEU SteppenWolf (237 votes)

The Hulk 61%
Steppenwolf 33%
Results 6%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#1 Edited by Erkan12 (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done. The Big Green wins.

#2 Posted by Capfan85 (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk Smash Puny man

Avatar image for deactivated-5abbc73944668
#3 Posted by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf

#4 Edited by Erkan12 (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

@manonthemountain said:

Steppenwolf

Are we talking about the same Steppenwolf from the JL movie right? What makes you think that he can actually take down a powerhouse like Hulk, seriously.

#5 Posted by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12 said:
@manonthemountain said:

Steppenwolf

Are we talking about the same Steppenwolf from the JL movie right? What makes you think that he can actually take down a powerhouse like Hulk, seriously.

What makes you think Hulk could take him down?

He gets knocked out and turned into Banner

Or decapped by the Electro-Axe

#6 Posted by tj849 (8569 posts) - - Show Bio

wolf stomps, hulk was getting stomped by fenris

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
#7 Edited by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (3482 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done Hulk wins

#8 Edited by Erkan12 (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

@manonthemountain said:
@erkan12 said:
@manonthemountain said:

Steppenwolf

What makes you think Hulk could take him down?

He gets knocked out and turned into Banner

Or decapped by the Electro-Axe

Hulk ain't going to knocked out unless he wants to turn into Banner by himself. If he wants, he can stay for years long as Hulk. Hulk isn't a character like Cyborg or puny Amazons who can get hurt by Steppen's axe. He has incredibly tough skin which can't be hurt by even an Air Craft Ammunition and even if they somehow pierce his tough skin he has an incredibly fast healing factor. More importantly Steppen can't match with Hulk's strength and stamina feats.

Hulk has even better agility and speed feats than Steppen also.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#9 Edited by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12: Lol well Ang Lee hulk is obviously much faster, not sure how that's pertinent here

The difference here is the lethality of both combatants

Steppenwolfs elctro-axe is more deadly than Hulks fists, which Steppenwolf could easily tank several blows of, meanwhile Hulk has never been hit with the destructive or cutting potential as something like Wolfies axe

No Caption Provided

I use the same philosophy I always do, eventually you'll come to understand it

Speed>Strength

Attack Potency>Durability

Even if you wanna argue they have comparable speed, it's just that, comparable. I'd make the case Steppenwolf has the advantage however, seeing as how he was fighting Wonder Woman, a known speedster, and Aquaman at the same time. Him deflecting one rocket then turning and catching another is also a speed feat more impressive than Hulk catching the ejector

Still Wolfie wins due to the axe, and Hulk turned into a HUGE Parademon

#10 Edited by Erkan12 (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

@manonthemountain said:

@erkan12: Lol well Ang Lee hulk is obviously much faster, not sure how that's pertinent here

The difference here is the lethality of both combatants

Steppenwolfs elctro-axe is more deadly than Hulks fists, which Steppenwolf could easily tank several blows of, meanwhile Hulk has never been hit with the destructive or cutting potential as something like Wolfies axe

I use the same philosophy I always do, eventually you'll come to understand it

Speed>Strength

Attack Potency>Durability

Even if you wanna argue they have comparable speed, it's just that, comparable. I'd make the case Steppenwolf has the advantage however, seeing as how he was fighting Wonder Woman, a known speedster, and Aquaman at the same time

Still Wolfie wins due to the axe, and Hulk turned into a HUGE Parademon

Isn't that movie belong to the MCU universe?

Hulk was fast enough to catch a running Fenris from behind, he did that right after turning into Hulk. He is damn fast. I mean, do you know how fast a giant wolf can run? Wolves can run 50 km per hour, and Fenris is like 20x bigger than a regular wolf, which means its legs are also x20 times wider than a regular wolf, which makes Fenris much much faster than a race car.

Steppen's axe ain't going to hurt Hulk. As I said, Hulk's skin is incredibly dense and he has a very fast healing factor. The best feat of Steppen's axe is slicing off Cyborg from behind and Amazon warriors, whose have a joke level durability in comparison with Hulk.

Hulk would simply overpower Steppen via his strength and stamina.

#11 Posted by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12 said:

Hulk was fast enough to catch a running Fenris from behind, he did that right after turning into Hulk. He is damn fast. I mean, do you know how fast a giant wolf can run? Wolves can run 50 km per hour, and Fenris is like 20x bigger than a regular wolf, which makes him much much faster than a race car.

Steppen's axe ain't going to hurt Hulk. As I said, his skin is incredibly dense and he has a very fast healing factor. The best feat of Steppen's axe is slicing off Cyborg and Amazon warriors, whose are joke level durability in comparison with Hulk.

That logic is terrible. He was not moving anywhere as swiftly and gracefully as a normal wolf. And what are Fenris feat again? Hulk was having trouble with a featless wolf he had to push off the edge to defeat.

And that's just simply untrue. In the gif above he cuts so deep into the Earth lava pops out. His axe is other worldly, it will cut into Hulk just fine, and he only needs one cut anyway to get turned into a Parademon.

#12 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5081 posts) - - Show Bio

steppenwolf.

it seems people are thinking all mcu characters are Supes level

#13 Edited by Erkan12 (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

@manonthemountain said:
@erkan12 said:

Hulk was fast enough to catch a running Fenris from behind, he did that right after turning into Hulk. He is damn fast. I mean, do you know how fast a giant wolf can run? Wolves can run 50 km per hour, and Fenris is like 20x bigger than a regular wolf, which makes him much much faster than a race car.

Steppen's axe ain't going to hurt Hulk. As I said, his skin is incredibly dense and he has a very fast healing factor. The best feat of Steppen's axe is slicing off Cyborg and Amazon warriors, whose are joke level durability in comparison with Hulk.

That logic is terrible. He was not moving anywhere as swiftly and gracefully as a normal wolf. And what are Fenris feat again? Hulk was having trouble with a featless wolf he had to push off the edge to defeat.

And that's just simply untrue. In the gif above he cuts so deep into the Earth lava pops out. His axe is other worldly, it will cut into Hulk just fine, and he only needs one cut anyway to get turned into a Parademon.

It wasn't moving swiftly and gracefully? I mean how can we determine that, it's a wolf. That's what we know. It's not going to become slower because you didn't like it. Fenris is an invulnerable giant creature. It was taking a spaceship ammunition head on and didn't even get hurt by it. As the Valkrie said ''Stupid dog doesn't die.'' It's Hela's special beast, and it seems she cares for it.

I didn't see his axe is killing Cyborg with one-shot, not sure how it will even hurt Hulk who has incredibly absurd durability and healing factor.

#14 Edited by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12 said:

It wasn't moving swiftly and gracefully? I mean how can we determine that, it's a wolf. That's what we know. It's not going to become slower because you didn't like it. Fenris is an invulnerable giant creature. It was taking a spaceship ammunition head on and didn't even get hurt by it. As the Valkrie said ''Stupid dog doesn't die.'' It's Hela's special beast, basically it was the strongest beast in Asgard.

I didn't see his axe is killing Cyborg with one-shot, not sure how it will even hurt Hulk who has incredibly absurd durability.

No, but it will because it's bigger and has more mass to move around, obviously

Lol and how's that? Cause you'd like him to be? You're making things up now, just because we didn't see him get killed doesn't mean he's unkillable, I could make the same argument for Steppenwolf, he was sent back through a boom tube not killed

And like I said, his Electro-Axe has durability negation on it and he has several cutting feats from the movie you seem to like to forget, it will get into Hulk just fine

#15 Posted by CallMeBlast (1804 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by Erkan12 (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

@galactic_1000 said:

steppenwolf.

What's supes level? Hulk and Thor have better striking and durability feats. Supes only has the speed, and that's only useful if he plays dirty like Flash. (hit and run). Plus they have AoE attacks such as lightning and thunderclap which Supes doesn't have.

@erkan12 said:

It wasn't moving swiftly and gracefully? I mean how can we determine that, it's a wolf. That's what we know. It's not going to become slower because you didn't like it. Fenris is an invulnerable giant creature. It was taking a spaceship ammunition head on and didn't even get hurt by it. As the Valkrie said ''Stupid dog doesn't die.'' It's Hela's special beast, basically it was the strongest beast in Asgard.

I didn't see his axe is killing Cyborg with one-shot, not sure how it will even hurt Hulk who has incredibly absurd durability.

No, but it will because it's bigger and has more mass to move around, obviously

Lol and how's that? Cause you'd like him to be? You're making things up now, just because we didn't see him get killed doesn't mean he's unkillable, I could make the same argument for Steppenwolf, he was sent back through a boom tube not killed

And like I said, his Electro-Axe has durability negation on it and he has several cutting feats from the movie you seem to like to forget, it will get into Hulk just fine

The beast is invulnerable. That's what I meant. It takes a full spaceship ammunition head on and didn't even get hurt.

#17 Posted by Helloman (24995 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk wins.

#18 Edited by ODIN619360 (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Hulk can win, but he has to look out for Steppenwolfs brothers, skippingwolf ang stabbing wolf. they are the real threat

#19 Edited by JBob (373 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk crushes. he breaks that puny axe over that dumb looking helmet.

#20 Posted by jashro44 (50837 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12: Ang Lee's hulk isn't apart of the MCU.

#21 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6231 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk

#22 Posted by GeorgeWBush (10803 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk wins

Also lol Wolfs axe is weak as hell, it hardly did any damage to Cyborg

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
#23 Posted by deactivated-5a84a212043e5 (2790 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk wins, especially with his gladiator gear. He's just a tier above steppy in the strength department. No axe is going to change that. Hulk would probably steal the damn thing or break it.

#24 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5081 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Au_141 (800 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by APEX_pretador (18641 posts) - - Show Bio

Puny God

Avatar image for nemesisreloaded
#27 Posted by NemesisReloaded (1530 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I think Wonder Woman could take down Thor for a number of reasons, but it would be close. Thor looked like he could take down Hulk in Ragnarok were he not interrupted and Wonder Woman was getting beat by Steppenwolf in Justice League.

Thats not proof itself, just indicative.

I think this fight might go in a very similar way to the Thor/Hulk fight, but this time with an Electro Axe that can slice through stone and turn the ground to lava.

Ordinarily I'd say no way Hulk loses this, but the MCU Hulk isn't fast, and he isn't great at putting up with an onslaught. There have been a number of times that Hulk shows weakness, or even on occasion, fear. I've no doubt that Hulk is physically stronger than Steppenwolf, but I'm not convinced the MCU Hulk could overcome Steppenwolfs strength, speed, intelligence, thousands of years of experience conquering worlds, and dont forget he survived attacks from Zeus well enough to walk away.

I think there's a 60:40 chance Steppenwolf has this.

#28 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5081 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by For_Darkseid (29 posts) - - Show Bio

wolf

Avatar image for nemesisreloaded
#30 Posted by NemesisReloaded (1530 posts) - - Show Bio

@galactic_1000: Supes has durability feats coming out of his ears and didn't even die from being stabbed through the heart by an enormous spike after being hit by a nuke at point blank range.

Hulk MIGHT be stronger than Supes. Certainly as feats go, the biggest striking feat in all CBMs is Hulk punching a leviathan and bringing it to a halt. I dont know how far anyone would take this but Batman did call Superman "stronger than a planet". It could be hyperbole, but he said it in relation to the mother boxes which were capable of destroying a planet, so it has some credence.

He's also not just faster, he's ridiculously faster, hilariously faster than Hulk and Thor. Thor couldn't even keep track of sub-sonic MCU Quicksilver. Superman nearly tagged the Flash and is so fast that Wonder Woman, who casually dodges Mach 2 bullets from close range, couldn't keep up with him. Superman can also fly, has heat vision and freeze breath that can make magic god metal brittle enough to smash. Those two would get wrecked facing DCEU Supes. The fact Steppenwolf had no answer to him is hardly a surprise, nor a reason to think Steppenwolf couldn't beat Hulk. DCEU Superman could take out the entire Avengers team alone. The only one that stands any kind of chance is Vision for his intangibility, but that's it. He's 2nd only to Hulk in strength - so far, ludicrously faster than any of them, has brushed off being hit by 100tn locomotives and taken far worse to the face than lightning.

They have nothing on him. Nothing.

If you want to debate Hulk vs Steppenwolf, fine, there's a debate to be had. But right now the only person in the entire MCU that can pose a threat to DCEU Superman is Thanos, and we haven't even seen that yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28
#31 Posted by deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28 (1031 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by HiStranger (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Puny god.

#33 Posted by The_Magister (12886 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk stomps.

#34 Posted by GreenScar1990 (1758 posts) - - Show Bio

HULK SMASHES.

#35 Posted by InnerSeoul (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Was this Steppenwolf accurate to the comics? I had never heard of him prior to hearing he’d be in JL. So I read some stuff about his powers, and based on that and the historical scene in the movie, I was expecting an epic battle with a hard-earned victory. I was quite surprised to see Superman show up and just ragdoll him.

#36 Posted by ShiZZmAhh (984 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12 said:
@galactic_1000 said:

steppenwolf.

What's supes level? Hulk and Thor have better striking and durability feats. Supes only has the speed, and that's only useful if he plays dirty like Flash. (hit and run). Plus they have AoE attacks such as lightning and thunderclap which Supes doesn't have.

I love coming on here and reading crap like this.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
#37 Posted by deactivated-5a89ca5697052 (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk comfortably.

#38 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5081 posts) - - Show Bio

@shizzmahh: I am speaking the truth.The way everyone saying Hulk curb stomp Thor curb stomp is like They can do big thing like supes can do.

#39 Edited by Erkan12 (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

@shizzmahh: It seems I missed the feat of Superman's thunderclap in the DCEU.

No Caption Provided

#40 Posted by cooljammy18 (2230 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU bias is real.

#41 Posted by MUVDCU (865 posts) - - Show Bio

Are people forgetting that Diana is ridiculously faster than MCU Hulk and Steppenwolf was keeping up with her and Even outpacing her at times???

Granted most of the time he was just keeping pace but knocking her back because he was that much stronger than her kinda like when she fought Doomdsay.

He doesn't look like it but he's much faster than MCU Hulk. Steppenwolf definitely wins.

#42 Posted by Thoromdil (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk loses so badly... gets decap with axe.

#43 Posted by Erkan12 (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

@muvdcu said:

Are people forgetting that Diana is ridiculously faster than MCU Hulk and Steppenwolf was keeping up with her and Even outpacing her at times???

Granted most of the time he was just keeping pace but knocking her back because he was that much stronger than her kinda like when she fought Doomdsay.

He doesn't look like it but he's much faster than MCU Hulk. Steppenwolf definitely wins.

I guess Aquaman is also faster than Hulk since he was able to keep up with Steppen. Right.

#44 Posted by Batman242 (11258 posts) - - Show Bio

How I see it;

Kurse - the most overrated CBM character

Steppenwolf - the most underrated CBM character

#45 Posted by thanosii (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk comfortably a stomp if its gladiator Hulk

#46 Posted by arqe (588 posts) - - Show Bio

Was this Steppenwolf accurate to the comics? I had never heard of him prior to hearing he’d be in JL. So I read some stuff about his powers, and based on that and the historical scene in the movie, I was expecting an epic battle with a hard-earned victory. I was quite surprised to see Superman show up and just ragdoll him.

He wasn't of course but he kills Hulk.

People tend to overlook Cyborg's tanking Axe feat is actually "Cyborg's metal being made from Motherbox" which nobody can destroy apparently, just separate.

Axe isn't weak at all and Steppenwolf started getting damage from other than Superman after Superman beat the apocalypse out of him.

Steppenwolf destroys current MCU characters. None of them are even close to Superman level. Maybe some of them go stalemate with Wonder Woman.

#47 Posted by AlexTheBoss (15140 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk should win. I think Hulk could probably challenge Superman at least a little, which Steppenwolf couldn't do.

#48 Edited by Emanresu_20 (2131 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably the Hulk. His strength as far as we can see is on par with DCEU's Supeman if not then just under.

#49 Posted by Darvvvinn (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf is a rock band from 1960's

#50 Posted by CartoonLife (784 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk smashes puny wolf for daring to steppen to the ring