Round 3: Hulk-Buster vs Yang Xiao Long

Round 4: Hulk-Buster vs Weiss Schnee

Bonus Round: Hulk-Buster vs All of them at once

#3 Edited by TheWatcherKing (16633 posts) - - Show Bio

Team rwby stomps.

#4 Posted by EjorpSnruteR (640 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulkbuster becomes RWBYbuster.

#5 Posted by Chaos239 (4665 posts) - - Show Bio

The only round it wins is 1 and that's because Blake can't put it down.

#6 Posted by TheWatcherKing (16633 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulkbuster becomes RWBYbuster.

Based on what? Literally the only person who arguably can't solo the Hulkbuster is blake.

#7 Posted by Gokluma (5583 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulkbuster is way too slow for RWBY characters and get overwhelmed in most of round aside from maybe blake

Avatar image for greysentinel365
#8 Posted by Greysentinel365 (4035 posts) - - Show Bio

RWBY is too inconsistent. They could win or be one-shot.

I’d side with Hulkbuster more often than not though

#10 Posted by Xy (945 posts) - - Show Bio

Any solo. Too fast.

#11 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (4414 posts) - - Show Bio

Literally everyone in RWBY solo with ease. Hulkbuster is best at just holding off Hulk, not actually beating him. Tony doesn't have a way around the team's speed, piercing damage, and Yang's ability to one shot a Paladin.

#13 Posted by CartoonLife (693 posts) - - Show Bio

Weiss one shots, Yang one shots if she gets hurt, and Ruby just turns the hulk buster into ribbons of scrap metal. Blake might not have the damage output to do this.

#14 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (4414 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by sladerulez (9011 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by CartoonLife (693 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: Isn't that the only time she's ever creates a shockwave like that? Some argue that was complete PIS in general that Roman was trashed so easily.

#17 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (4414 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (4414 posts) - - Show Bio

@cartoonlife: Well Roman did let that happen but that still saying something about what Blake can do.

#20 Posted by CartoonLife (693 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: Fair enough. Even though she was amped on the other one. I still think she has the lowest damage output of the team by a wide margin though.

#21 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (4414 posts) - - Show Bio

@cartoonlife: Huh, id think Blake was pretty even with Ruby in terms of piercing. Hard to say the intention when they both went on the Paladin that Ruby did most of the work. They seemed to be on equal grounds. They both have no trouble cutting grimm anyway.

#22 Posted by CartoonLife (693 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: Yang's best power feats are when she one shot the paladin, and when she sent a massive shockwave in all directions vs the Ursa that shook the forest. Ruby, when she created a vacuum that sucked up JNPR and when she tornadoes the Beringal. Weiss, anything she does with the knight, also when she goes crazy with her time dilation. Blake... I mean, other than that shockwave/maybe dust thing, she hasn't utilised power at all. All the other girls dazzle you with their insane strength. Am I wrong?

#23 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (4414 posts) - - Show Bio

@cartoonlife: Same can really be said about Ruby's semblance. That was actually her best feat with regards in what she can do with her semblance. You are always mentioning their best when in fact they haven't utlized their power as consistently anymore. Specially since they started using Maya and made RWBY.... less ridiculous. Blake in her own right is pretty destructive on top of that her output does piercing damage.

#24 Posted by CartoonLife (693 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: If we are talking about purely utilizing the newer engine, some of RWBYs best feats came from this. I mean just look at Weiss lol. Upon further thought though, velvet using Blake's weapon was able to Pierce a paladin. A paladin would destroy Tony, so I think you may be right after all.

#27 Posted by tparks (11244 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they’d have an extremely hard time damaging it. But they are all fast enough to hit it a lot. I think RWBY with some difficulty.

That opinion is based on seasons 1-3, so it’s dated.

#28 Edited by TheWatcherKing (16633 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking said:

Team rwby stomps.

Still this unless infinity war changed how powerful it is.

#30 Posted by CartoonLife (693 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking: Not really, spoilers to those who have not seen IW, Banner is the one piloting the hulk buster, and he's pretty new to it, to say the least.

#31 Posted by TheWatcherKing (16633 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by CartoonLife (693 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking: That's alright, if you remember to, you can come read what I posted after you watch it lol.

#33 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (4414 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: They don't change much in season 4-5 until you use power scaling. Season 1-3 is where their best feats exist. And they should cut Hulk Buster fairly easy. Yang solos.

#34 Posted by tparks (11244 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: I thought I heard Ruby got a power boost sometime after season 1

And I’m not too impressed with their cutting power for me to think they could easily cut through that armor. I know aura shields are part of that reason, but even the fodder don’t get cut. I’ve seen mixed opinions on whether the fodder have aura shields.

Which is why I’m not sold on them easily cutting the armor.

#35 Posted by Thiagl156 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulkbuster is nothing special in IW. RWBY should win.

#36 Posted by TheWatcherKing (16633 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:

@red_ruby_petal: I thought I heard Ruby got a power boost sometime after season 1

And I’m not too impressed with their cutting power for me to think they could easily cut through that armor. I know aura shields are part of that reason, but even the fodder don’t get cut. I’ve seen mixed opinions on whether the fodder have aura shields.

Because we all know that Ruby is actively trying her hardest to murder fodder people right? It's not like good guys are known for holding back?

#37 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (4414 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking: It was pretty clear she strikes at her peak when against thugs. RWBY doesn't follow logic so using a giant scythe just knocks them away over actually killing them so its cool and not bloody. + aura so its pretty much explained there. She is definitely not holding back the slightest with her strikes.

@tparks: There was never any clear indication of their power boost. Its just more feats. Actually when you say fodder you mean grimm which Ruby cut fairly easy in her trailer. The thugs she goes against just get stunned. When people say someone fails to cut fodder, the word fodder can go many ways. Fodder in metal gear rising is are superpowered cyborgs same way fodder in RWBY are all aura users on the side of grimm that can rip concrete out with their bare hands.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#38 Posted by blackpantherisb (5260 posts) - - Show Bio

RWBY team wins.

#39 Edited by TheWatcherKing (16633 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: That's your opinion, which is baseless and has never been remotely suggested at all.

#40 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (4414 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking: Cuz you can't prove so otherwise. :P. I could say the same for yours. I don't know what part of holding back because you are a hero part is in any fight scene in RWBY.

#41 Posted by TheWatcherKing (16633 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking: Cuz you can't prove so otherwise. :P. I could say the same for yours. I don't know what part of holding back because you are a hero part is in any fight scene in RWBY.

Basic logic says that, but sure, it's because I can't disprove your opinion.

#42 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (4414 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@thewatcherking:

Basic logic in your words is your logic ( which has been proved wrong ).

#43 Posted by TheWatcherKing (16633 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

@thewatcherking:

I said I don't want to discuss this with you,so stop tagging me.

And that doesn't prove anything as they were never stated to have not died. If they did survive then that proves that they have superhuman durability, it doesn't prove ruby was going all out just because real life humans would die from that.

#44 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (4414 posts) - - Show Bio
@red_ruby_petal said:
No Caption Provided

I said I don't want to discuss this with you,so stop tagging me.

And that doesn't prove anything as they were never stated to have not died. If they did survive then that proves that they have superhuman durability, it doesn't prove ruby was going all out just because real life humans would die from that.

Alright I will stop tagging you but I will prove you are sounding even more ridiculous. My buddy @tparks asked why they weren't cut and you responded because because she was a hero who holds back which I disproved wrong as Ruby enhanced her striking power with her recoil mind you. I was the one who said something about their durability already if you didn't know so in the end you are just repeating what I said. You also make no sense in your last statement because your first statement was that they had superhuman durability and then you say Ruby would have held back because they are normal humans who she literally sent flying.

Kudos on your almighty RWBY knowledge and your sense of logic which I humbly respect Mr.TheWatcherKing.

#45 Edited by tparks (11244 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking said:
@tparks said:

Because we all know that Ruby is actively trying her hardest to murder fodder people right? It's not like good guys are known for holding back?

The fodder get hit with blades. Holding back wouldn't cause the blade to become a blunt weapon. And it's never been implied that the characters hold back.

@red_ruby_petal said:

@thewatcherking: It was pretty clear she strikes at her peak when against thugs. RWBY doesn't follow logic so using a giant scythe just knocks them away over actually killing them so its cool and not bloody. + aura so its pretty much explained there. She is definitely not holding back the slightest with her strikes.

@tparks: There was never any clear indication of their power boost. Its just more feats. Actually when you say fodder you mean grimm which Ruby cut fairly easy in her trailer. The thugs she goes against just get stunned. When people say someone fails to cut fodder, the word fodder can go many ways. Fodder in metal gear rising is are superpowered cyborgs same way fodder in RWBY are all aura users on the side of grimm that can rip concrete out with their bare hands.

Not the Grimm. I was talking about fodder human characters. The most likely reason is that it's more difficult to animate the human character models being cut. It's a low budget show, and they work with pre-renedered models, and adding in layers to allow for them to be cut apart would make every action scene much more time consuming. The Grimm are a little easier, since they are very uncomplicated designs with a flat black pallet. Dividing one of those in half would be easy on an animator.

#46 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (4414 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: There was an explanation as to how aura works. It exists in everyone except grimm hence blades were treated as blunt weapons. Anyone that has a soul to specific which every human in RWBY has

Loading Video...

#47 Posted by tparks (11244 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (4414 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: Pretty sure they do. Is it because you aren't seeing the same visual effect? If you want I can post another scene where aura protects the user from piercing attacks.

#49 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (4414 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

@tparks: anyway here it is. This is with their new animation software so they are bound to put in more things.

#50 Posted by tparks (11244 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: Juane needed to be trained to use his shields though. He didn’t know anything about them. Thats why I’m not sure if the fodder human characters have shields.