MCU Hela vs MCU Thor

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By pastepotpete1

makes no sense though why would odin give thor a inferior weapon .. with mjolir ? but then again odin was always kind of asshole

i gues he was afraid thor would use it on himself .. and he suddendly gets the best hammer now that a guys hands are pure glass and they are in a near universal threat ...

nah ... he would still lose to hela.. even storm breaker does make him more powerful which i didnt really see him that much more.. even if it did thor would fight hela stupidly, the same way he fought thanos

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenoobstomper said:

Hela wins...She broke Mjolnir with ease, i don't see why she can't do the same to Storm breaker. But even so, her invulnerability and greater combat skill would outdo Thor.

That doesn't make any sense. By feats and implied power Stormbreaker is leagues above Mjolnir in every possible way. There is no reason to believe that Hela can do to Stormbreaker what she did to Mjolnir.

why do you think that storm breaker is leagues above mjolnir? it works a different way for his electricity and makes his lightening power more convenient but is it more powerful ? could he destroy a eternal flame surtur with it ? i dont think so .. thanos was pretty certain that thor would not go for the head .. thanos is a gensius afterall so that is why thanos did not try to make a huge effort to stop thor .. he wanted thor to make himself feel responsible for killing half the world .. boy in the next one with ms marvel he is going to be pissed

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eitri, the guy that made both, said Stormbreaker was meant to be the strongest in Asgard. Compare his Vanaheim entrance to the Wakanda one, and that gives you a pretty good baseline comparison. Thor tends to need to charge up lightning with Mjolnir, whereas Stormbreaker is pretty much always amped in Thor's hands. Stormbreaker essentially takes Mjolnir's mid-to-high end lightning feats, and let's Thor use them fairly casually.

Loading Video...

Krystalak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Krystalak

Hela still gonna tear that ass up. A brand new weapon won't make a difference. Hela is All-Father level (All-Mother?) so Thor's new toy won't mean shit to her.

Thor using an All-Father weapon against her and failing ^
Thor using an All-Father weapon against her and failing ^

TheNoobStomper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@janjukbma said:
@thenoobstomper said:

Hela wins...She broke Mjolnir with ease, i don't see why she can't do the same to Storm breaker. But even so, her invulnerability and greater combat skill would outdo Thor.

That doesn't make any sense. By feats and implied power Stormbreaker is leagues above Mjolnir in every possible way. There is no reason to believe that Hela can do to Stormbreaker what she did to Mjolnir.

why do you think that storm breaker is leagues above mjolnir? it works a different way for his electricity and makes his lightening power more convenient but is it more powerful ? could he destroy a eternal flame surtur with it ? i dont think so .. thanos was pretty certain that thor would not go for the head .. thanos is a gensius afterall so that is why thanos did not try to make a huge effort to stop thor .. he wanted thor to make himself feel responsible for killing half the world .. boy in the next one with ms marvel he is going to be pissed

Comic and Movie Thanos are different. You can't seriously claim he would be such a fool to risk failing his mission just to guilt-trip Thor. He just miscalculated the power of the attack. He couldn't have known that he could tank the blow or even survive it for that matter. He also didn't know it would strike him in the chest instead of the head.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc
deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krystalak: U know what means skyfather lvl ? Power to bust galaxies or local groups or sealing abstract beings etc. Hela is large building lvl character

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dianaallmighty: Uh he said allfather not sky-father. Allfather is the title of Odin, so Hela is Odin level.

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
DeutschKurzhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would definitely be a good fight, but he was going toe to toe with her when he found out he didn’t need his hammer to channel his powers. So with stormbreaker and with the bifrost, Thor would end up winning

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Epicyon

@deutschkurzhaar: Hela didn't go all out on Thor like she did against Surtur whereas Thor was giving it his all and still losing which is why he resurrected Surtur in the first place.

Hela: "Whatever game you're playing it won't work, you can't defeat me"

Thor: "Oh I know, but he can" *points at Surtur*

hishamhisham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wins by cutting hela head off

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6891767abb2
deactivated-5c6891767abb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Hela, she is not stupid this jobber Thanos. Hela is most powerful non celestial/abstract villain in MCU or equal to Kaecilius in Mirror dimension

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor can win since stormbreaker can channel the bifrost

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormbreaker>>>IG Gauntlet>>>Hela

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6891767abb2
deactivated-5c6891767abb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela because Thor is a jobber. Hela is most powerful not jobbing, not abstract MCU villain. Sometimes attidute to fight has much greater meaning than having cool weapon

Chaos239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor > Thanos > Hela

He crushes her.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thor

Matthew660

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor cuts her in half. Without stormbreaker he gets stomped.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor should split her in half

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
DeutschKurzhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idkkkk, this would be a goodddddd fight

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. One of the first threads I ever made... (holds back tears)

X

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Thor wins.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 anthp2000  Moderator

Hela.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@jashro44: Curious as to your reasons

X

I think stormbreaker is a big advantage and he can decapitate her. His lightning has already shown to be powerful enough to stun her so he can create an opening.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@xzone: He doesn't blitz and decapitate.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I do personally agree, but I’ve seen some decent arguments for Hela. I’m very interested to see how Thor’s feats are in End Game

X

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wins with Stormbreaker, loses without it.

Avatar image for madscientist224
Madscientist224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then and now, still hela

YOA_501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’d say Thor

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela crushes Stormbreaker and then proceeds to beat the shit out of Thor one more time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still hela, much better range and she could aim for the head this time

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor should win.

Slater8486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Slater8486

She is truly immortal in Asguard, he has no way to put her down. Unless he can bust asguard which I don't think he can.

As someone wrote, her healing is too great. If he did get chance to slice off her head which I highly doubt as she was more skilled then him in combat. As the Axe goes through it heals instantly. Lightning has no effect on her bar sending her flying.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is truly immortal in Asguard, he has no way to put her down. Unless he can bust asguard which I don't think he can.

If only Thor had the power to teleport people to another planet.

Slater8486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Slater8486

@alavanka said:
@slater8486 said:

If only Thor had the power to teleport people to another planet.

Touche, yet Thor hardly does this in battle and has self belief of winning. Maybe once the battle doesn't go in his favor he uses this trick and wins.

People are saying in this thread though he crushes her. I've seen infinity war 6 times and can't remember this incredible strength increase he's got to crush her, if we take the battle as such in asguard I don't see a win condition for him, off world maybe yet she literally shrugged off the lightning strikes there is nothing to say she still has a great durability to lightning off world. And even off world her fighting abilities trump Thor's.

Just a thought once she is off world, what does she lose durability / immortality / speed / ability to launch swords. @xzone might remember better then me but wasn't it stated her powers grow in asguard. She was only there a week or so, so can't really say she suddenly becomes useless off world..

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slater8486: Thor knows he can't beat Hela on Asgard, so it's only a matter of time before he tries this. Hela doesn't become useless off-world, she's just not as strong on Earth as on Asgard. When Hela first arrives on Earth, her armour was all cut up. When she got to Asgard, she was visibly shown to regenerate.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump because I finally fixed the opening post

X

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela edges out, but she doesn't win every time nor do I think it's a stomp.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

Faster, more skilled, could possibly do to Stormbreaker what she did to Mjolnir if Thor throws it, can take his smaller lightning and as seen, won't be easily put down by his larger lightning either. Asgard ampage, as well, even if it becomes an NLF after a certain point.

Stormbreaker also seems unwieldy, kinda slower and more brute-ish than the swords or Mjolnir. Hela should cut him up eventually.

That said, when he pops out the huge-er lightning and uses Stormbreaker effectively, he also takes a few rounds. It's like 55/45 for me, in favor of Hela.

GohanDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: She was only able to destroy Mjolnir like that because she was it's previous owner. If she tried to catch stormbreaker like that she'd lose her hand. Even on Asgard she loses this.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: She was only able to destroy Mjolnir like that because she was it's previous owner. If she tried to catch stormbreaker like that she'd lose her hand. Even on Asgard she loses this.

Which is complete speculation made up by us. Until the directors or someone comes out saying as such, it's up to interpretation.

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Scipio123

@supremegeneration: Hela has no other strength feats in the movie that even come close to crushing Mjolnir. Heck, even on Asgard (where she's supposedly invincible) it took her multiple blows to break the floor to get into the vault.

If Hela had crushed Mjolnir with pure strength, she would have one-shotted Thor.

Face it, its an outlier.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By xzone
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@supremegeneration: You didn’t read my CAV post at all did you lol

X

I did, I just disagreed.

@supremegeneration: Hela has no other strength feats in the movie that even come close to crushing Mjolnir. Heck, even on Asgard (where she's supposedly invincible) it took her multiple blows to break the floor to get into the vault.

If Hela had crushed Mjolnir with pure strength, she would have one-shotted Thor.

Face it, its an outlier.

She didn't get the opportunity to crush anything on Asgard, IIRC. There's a difference between crushing something and hitting something.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela. Bloodlusted means she won’t toy with Thor and can just spam necroblades

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: She could have crushed Gungnir. And if you have the strength to crush something as durable as Mjolnir, then smashing through a not particularly thick stone floor should be child's play.

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And for those who keep banging on about how big, slow and cumbersome Stormbreaker is, might I remind you all of the fact that Thor has wielded a FAR bigger, slower and more cumbersome weapon effectively?

No Caption Provided

and

No Caption Provided

That war hammer was significantly larger than Stormbreaker, and it didn't seem to inhibit Thor in CQC at all, so I don't see why Stormbreaker would.