MCU Hela vs MCU Thor

JanJuKBMa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thor charges at Hela, she shoots stuff at him, he blocks it with lightning and Stormbreaker and then starts attacking. She dodges a few strikes, then Thor caves her head in. If she regenerates and gets back up after that he teleports both of them off of Asgard and caves her head in again. The End.

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@janjukbma:

Yeah, he could probably teleport. I'm not sure if Hela could destroy stormbreaker. But Thor with his new powers and Stormbreaker would easily overcome her durability. He just needs to make sure he doesn't impale him in the process, which is why I'm a little iffy on his victory against her.

JanJuKBMa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bobandjim1260: I highly doubt that Hela can destroy a weapon that can fly through the combined force of the Infinity Stones and, directly after that, almost killed Thanos. IW made it quite clear that Stormbreaker is superior to Mjolnir in every way possible IMO. Moreover, even if Hela would hit Thor a few times, that wouldn't automatically make her win. He took a lot of punishment from her at the end of Ragnarok and still kept on kicking ass.

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@janjukbma:

Flying through the stones does nothing to help the case with Hela. As it was built to resist the regular output of the stones similar to the Gauntlet. Piercing Thanos though is impressive. Which is why I said her durability would give way. She seemed way less durable than Thanos. However, he control over weapons was insanely devastating. Thor could beat her if he can hit her. But Hela could also impale Thor first.

ironbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wins in both rounds

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he can tap into the bifrost then he can just BFR her.

JanJuKBMa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@janjukbma:

Flying through the stones does nothing to help the case with Hela. As it was built to resist the regular output of the stones similar to the Gauntlet. Piercing Thanos though is impressive. Which is why I said her durability would give way. She seemed way less durable than Thanos. However, he control over weapons was insanely devastating. Thor could beat her if he can hit her. But Hela could also impale Thor first.

That is just an assumption, I made an entire thread about the topic if Stormbreaker was intentionally built to resist the power of the gauntlet or the stones. And most people there seem to be under the impression that this isn't the case and that it was either just a testament to Stormbreakers incredible power or simply a plot device/PIS. Anyway. Unless Hela is supposed to be stronger than the Infinity Stones, I don't see any reason to believe that she can break or even stop Stormbreaker.

Szeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor stomps ,what the hell is this ?

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By xzone

After rewatching the fight scene, Thor stomps. He was reacting to helas attacks and blocking her swords with his own. Only issue he had was very clear. He simply couldn't put her down because her durability was too much. With SB he should be able to kill hela in 5 minutes

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wins.

Avatar image for aquatic_pianist
Aquatic_Pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor should win comfortably now. His physicals are now superior to Hela’s, Stormbreaker can probably overcome her regeneration with a good shot to the head, unless Hela absolutely cannot die while Asgard still stands. Thor also won’t have a fodder teammate and a ship full of people to worry about.

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor solidly. Love me some Hela though.

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By bobandjim1260

@janjukbma: If that's the case then why was it neccissary in the script for the Dwarf to have created the Infinity Gauntlet as well? Assuming that one axe is stronger than six of the most powerful items in the Universe is rather silly. I also disagree with your statement as everyone but you has agreed with my idea about Stormbreaker being built to resist the Infinity Stones. I should perhaps enter the thread you created. As that assumption is a very basic one to walk away with. I only say this because I'm pretty well versed in story construction in films. While this film has some issues, that moment of what you implied to be a powerful MacGuffin isn't one of them. It's the only logical reasoning and conclusion one can come up with. The other, which you are suggesting, would imply that many character statements about the stones are wrong, and thematically, it would have made no sense for the dwarf to have made the Infinity Gauntlet for Thanos. So it's not an assumption, it's an idea based on both the narrative progression of the script and common sense.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@janjukbma: If that's the case then why was it neccissary in the script for the Dwarf to have created the Infinity Gauntlet as well? Assuming that one axe is stronger than six of the most powerful items in the Universe is rather silly. I also disagree with your statement as everyone but you has agreed with my idea about Stormbreaker being built to resist the Infinity Stones. I should perhaps enter the thread you created. As that assumption is a very basic one to walk away with. I only say this because I'm pretty well versed in story construction in films. While this film has some issues, that moment of what you implied to be a powerful MacGuffin isn't one of them. It's the only logical reasoning and conclusion one can come up with. The other, which you are suggesting, would imply that many character statements about the stones are wrong, and thematically, it would have made no sense for the dwarf to have made the Infinity Gauntlet for Thanos. So it's not an assumption, it's an idea based on both the narrative progression of the script and common sense.

The problem with Stormbreaker being designed to resist the Infinity Gauntlet was that it was designed before the gauntlet itself. Stormbreaker was designed to be the strongest weapon in Asgard for a king. Eitri already had the mold for it stored away. It's likely that that Stormbreaker was meant to be made for Thor when he became king, but Thanos wiped out the dwarves before Eitri got around to making it.

TheNoobStomper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela wins...She broke Mjolnir with ease, i don't see why she can't do the same to Storm breaker. But even so, her invulnerability and greater combat skill would outdo Thor.

JanJuKBMa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela wins...She broke Mjolnir with ease, i don't see why she can't do the same to Storm breaker. But even so, her invulnerability and greater combat skill would outdo Thor.

That doesn't make any sense. By feats and implied power Stormbreaker is leagues above Mjolnir in every possible way. There is no reason to believe that Hela can do to Stormbreaker what she did to Mjolnir.

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By bobandjim1260

@alavanka: Just because the initial design was created before the gauntlet (which we can't be sure of because Hela knew the Infinity Gauntlet was fake) does not mean adjustments weren't made. Perhaps the plans for the Infinity Gauntlet have existed for a long time and the stormbreaker design/enchantment was altered after Thanos invaded the forge.

Again, this means that Etri can forge many weapons stronger than the Infinity Gauntlet. If that was the case why didn't Thanos ask him to create a weapon stronger than the Gauntlet? Why did Thanos destroy his hands knowing that Etri could craft a weapon to resist the gems after creating the gauntlet.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Alavanka

@bobandjim1260 said:

@alavanka: Just because the initial design was created before the gauntlet (which we can't be sure of because Hela knew the Infinity Gauntlet was fake) does not mean adjustments weren't made. Perhaps the plans for the Infinity Gauntlet have existed for a long time and the stormbreaker design/enchantment was altered after Thanos invaded the forge.

Again, this means that Etri can forge many weapons stronger than the Infinity Gauntlet. If that was the case why didn't Thanos ask him to create a weapon stronger than the Gauntlet? Why did Thanos destroy his hands knowing that Etri could craft a weapon to resist the gems after creating the gauntlet.

I guess that's a fair point. It's possible that they added in an enchantment for the hammer to be resistant to the infinity stone's powers, but one has to wonder how powerful such an enchantment would have to be. Thanos wasn't looking for an ultra powerful weapon per-se. He was looking for a way to delete half the life from the universe, because he saw it as an act of mercy. The alternative is to conquer the worlds and murder the citizens. Thanos is basically looking for a way to mass euthanize painlessly, not for a weapon that would make him the strongest. I like to think of the "snap" as basically granting the user of the gauntlet an omnipotent wish. Thanos could have done anything, but he chose to just wipe out 50%. Stormbreaker isn't more powerful than the infinity gauntlet in this sense, but it is more powerful than the gauntlet when it comes to energy attacks.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka: I agree. If Thanos chose Stormbreaker instead, he'd have to personally go to every single planet to kill half the population. The stones allow more area of effect than Stormbreaker while Stormbreaker is mostly designed to deal concentrated damage, be used along with Thor's lightning, and control the bifrost. If Thanos missed even one planet, his plan wouldn't be complete.

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka: I meant that Etri could potentially craft a device as effective as the Gauntlet without having to use the stones. I can understand your reasoning. I just feel it makes more sense in my mind for Etri to have created the weapon to temporarily resist the power of the stones to be able to land a killing blow on Thanos.

TheGerudoKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderprince: maybe it can. Thor has been stabbed and pierced before but with little to no damage, healing even from being gutted by Hela's blades. But when she attacked him with Gungir, his eye was completely taken out and never showed signs of healing.

The Stormbreaker is referred to as a king weapon, and since Odin was king it's safe to say Gungir was also a king weapon. Maybe king weapons can negate healing factors.

This is just speculation, but the context seems right.

TheGerudoKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luipars: your post is great, but I have one small thing to point out.

Odin didn't enchant Mjolnir until after he banished Thor in Thor 1. When Hela had Mjolnir, I assume it was not enchanted to be wielded by only those found worthy. It was still a powerful weapon, probably moreso with her using it, but it wasn't enchanted yet.

Butan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderprince: maybe it can. Thor has been stabbed and pierced before but with little to no damage, healing even from being gutted by Hela's blades. But when she attacked him with Gungir, his eye was completely taken out and never showed signs of healing.

Thor's eye was taken out by one of Hela's own swords, not Gungnir.

TheGerudoKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butan: you are correct. I could've swore she used Gungir. My bad.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly this is not as close anymore. Thor already KO'd Hela for a short time. Now, when she gets KO'd he takes her head via SB

TheNoobStomper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenoobstomper said:

That doesn't make any sense. By feats and implied power Stormbreaker is leagues above Mjolnir in every possible way. There is no reason to believe that Hela can do to Stormbreaker what she did to Mjolnir.

Even so, Stormbreaker is not enchanted so if he throws it and Hela dodges, then he is done for. Plus, we don't really know if it would be of any use against her, considering she was practically invulnerable to any weapon used against her. She was even cut and stabbed with Odin's spear and it didn't work.

JanJuKBMa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@janjukbma said:
@thenoobstomper said:

Even so, Stormbreaker is not enchanted so if he throws it and Hela dodges, then he is done for (1). Plus, we don't really know if it would be of any use against her, considering she was practically invulnerable to any weapon used against her (2). She was even cut and stabbed with Odin's spear and it didn't work. (3)

(1) Dude, did you even watch Infinity War? We don't know yet, if Stormbreaker has a worthiness-enchantment but it does return to Thor's hand.

(2) She wasn't invulnerable, just highly durable and she seemed to have incredible regenerative abilities on Asgard.

(3) Yes, it didn't work on Asgard! First of all: Stormbreaker is far superior to Gungnir in the MCU. Gungnir doesn't even have the feats to compare to Mjolnir, let alone Stormbreaker. Second: As I pointed out before: If Hela recovers from being hit by Stormbreaker the first time (while she's still on Asgard), Thor can just use the Bifrost (I hope you remember that he can control the Bifrost with Stormbreaker), teleport her off of Asgard and then one-hit her.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 anthp2000  Moderator

Still Hela.

AsianAntics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormbreaker headshot.

Krystalak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela still wins. Here's the difference between the two, Hela is immortal with instant regen with power rivaling or even surpassing Odin and Surtur, she had the latter scared enough to immediately go for his final attack to just destroy Asgard in order stop her, you could see it on his face and his groans as she impaled him.

IW Thor is overrated infact he seemed more impressive at the end of Ragnarok than he did against the outriders. Stormbreaker wasn't all that fast, or any different in combat than Mjolnir, it didn't kill Thanos so at best it makes Hela flinch.

He needs a specially designed weapon to even compete with Hela but no real way to even beat her. She's never shown that she can even be K.Oed. Thor's only chance is to send Stormbreaker straight through the core of Asgard

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 anthp2000  Moderator

Until Thor recieves a speed, skill boost or piercing recistence, I fail to see him beating Hela.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Amcu

With lighting to help and Stormbreaker Thor wins.

Theoretically he could use lighting on her like he did and KO or heavily daze her. Than he could fly to wherever she is and kill her with the axe.

Johnwick2425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Johnwick2425

Thor will win because thanos with 6 stones IG is superior to hela but thor with the strombreaker manage to almost kill thanos.

Thanos mentioned in the movie "u shouldve go for the head" which mean if thor did go for the head then thanos=dead.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ill still go Hela.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Hela

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she had Mjolnir once as a weapon and it was renounced and taken away but odin couldnt take away her strenght like he did thor she was too old too powerful but he had a connection with the hammer that is how she was able to break it because of her power but by connection

shadowpr2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By shadowpr2007

Hi I’m new here.

I think you guys are forgetting one point.

Hella can catch up Stormbreaker and use it against Thor if she wants to. The Uru metal will enchant her power like it does to Thor. You guys keep forgetting the uru metal works for both of them.

And without Odín to enchant the hammer to give it a owner. Anyone can lift up and use stormbreaker. Specially since we haven’t been show any feats of Thor having Odín force.

Besides hella can teleport. We saw her teleport from hel to earth try to see his father die.

I give this to Hela

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she had Mjolnir once as a weapon and it was renounced and taken away but odin couldnt take away her strenght like he did thor she was too old too powerful but he had a connection with the hammer that is how she was able to break it because of her power but by connection

This is just headcanon, Hela was just simply that strong. Though she was KO'ed by Thor's lightning, so Thor could dacapitate her when she's down.

KHAOSeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka: lmao, Mega Dinklage! I'm using this from now on.

KHAOSeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bobandjim1260: Thanos' goal was very specific. He didn't need the gaunlet or the stones for the power they gave him. He probably could've eliminate half of the universe the long way without them. He wanted to expedite the process and reliable exactly half of the universe without bias. The infinity gaunlet let's him do exactly that with a snap of his fingers. No matter how strong storm breaker is, it would never enable him to do that.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela

Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor stomps her harder then Surter

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaoseater: Agreed, however, i don't exactly know what your point is. When i mentioned the use of another weapon, i was referring to something like planet busting bombs and such.

KHAOSeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bobandjim1260: Sorry, I thought you said something about why he didn't ask Eitri to make him a weapon like storm breaker if it was more powerful, so I responded with the above.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Thor. His new weapon should be enough to oneshot.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Still Hela, she can't be damaged by Thor due to her insane regeneration.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Hela. Unless Thor chops her head off.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormbreaker shouldn't be crushed by Hela. If it's the strongest Asgardian weapon, it should be broken no more than Gungnir was during Thor's fight with Hela.