MCU Hela VS. DCEU Wonder Woman

• 154 results
Posted by Arametese (232 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: MCU Hela VS. DCEU Wonder Woman (156 votes)

MCU Hela 72%
DCEU Wonder Woman 28%

Hela

No Caption Provided

Wonder Woman

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
#101 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2626 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana has a shield that can and will block all of Hela's swords that's withstood multiple strikes from Doomsday and JL Superman. She also has a considerable skill and speed advantage. Sure, Hela can heal stabs but Diana likes to slash more than not and there's nothing suggesting Hela can regrow a severed head, arm or leg.

Diana wins comfortably.

#102 Posted by Strike3 (820 posts) - - Show Bio

@arqe said:
@karanrasquinha said:

@methoki: There's absolutely no evidence of that, hela would have just regenerated her head or something. If decap was an option, thor wouldn't have gone to all that trouble to destroy asgard just to kill hela

If you are taking NLF statements as facts then Hela cannot kill Diana since she is a Goddess and Hela is not a God / Goddess.

Only Gods can kill Gods so therefore Wonder Woman is not dying to her.

Hela is not of the greek pantheon. Wonder Woman can be seriously hurt by sharp objects and regular bullets in comics..why she has to block them in film. Why in the film she can't stop or catch with her bare hands. If she is run through, riddled with bullets, she dies. She's no god - demi-god. Through Zeus she's 'kryptonite' to the greek pantheon. Why that stuff she did vs Ares, didn't happen vs Doomsday or Steppenwolf.

#103 Posted by Soratoumiga (4846 posts) - - Show Bio

The answers are unusually predictable. Hela wins by the way.

#104 Edited by arqe (982 posts) - - Show Bio

@strike3 said:
@arqe said:
@karanrasquinha said:

@methoki: There's absolutely no evidence of that, hela would have just regenerated her head or something. If decap was an option, thor wouldn't have gone to all that trouble to destroy asgard just to kill hela

If you are taking NLF statements as facts then Hela cannot kill Diana since she is a Goddess and Hela is not a God / Goddess.

Hela is not of the greek pantheon. Wonder Woman can be seriously hurt by sharp objects and regular bullets in comics..why she has to block them in film. Why in the film she can't stop or catch with her bare hands. If she is run through, riddled with bullets, she dies. She's no god - demi-god. Through Zeus she's 'kryptonite' to the greek pantheon. Why that stuff she did vs Ares, didn't happen vs Doomsday or Steppenwolf.

Why bring comics in this ? And in some comics she is also bulletproof and other weapons deflect on her yet she still block them with bracelets. So what ?
Yes demi-god, Goddess nonetheless. Daughter of Zeus.

Because none of them tried to fry her with his fathers powers ?

With that logic, why Ant-Man always go big and crush people ?
Why Thor doesn't just spam his lightning to beat his opponents ?
Why Iron-Man doesn't just spam his blasters ?

Why Flash doesn't stop crime in the world in a second ?

Want me to go on ?

#105 Edited by Nucleon (3895 posts) - - Show Bio

@arqe: If you are taking NLF statements as facts

Not a NLF statement: It was the only way to dispose of Hela, as was clearly shown on film

then Hela cannot kill Diana since she is a Goddess

Goddess of what? WW is not a goddess, probably not even a half-goddess. She can be killed by a punk wielding a .38 revolver.

and Hela is not a God / Goddess.

Hela is the Norse goddess of Death.

Ares could have simply meant that only powerful people can kill other powerful people. It.s expecially possible given how wimp DC's old gods are.

#106 Posted by eri123 (5282 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela

#108 Posted by TheVVitchKing (1249 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder woman bliztes and stabs Hela...then she heals and turns her into a human pin cushion

#109 Posted by arqe (982 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon said:

@arqe: If you are taking NLF statements as facts

Not a NLF statement: It was the only way to dispose of Hela, as was clearly shown on film

then Hela cannot kill Diana since she is a Goddess

Goddess of what? WW is not a goddess, probably not even a half-goddess. She can be killed by a punk wielding a .38 revolver.

and Hela is not a God / Goddess.

Hela is the Norse goddess of Death.

Ares could have simply meant that only powerful people can kill other powerful people. It.s expecially possible given how wimp DC's old gods are.

Doesn't matter what he meant or not meant. We don't know that. We are going by statements and feats here.

Hela is not a Goddess since Asgardians are not Gods.

Stated by Odin himself.

Thor 2 - Dark World

Loki: I wanted to rule the people of Earth as a benevolent God, just like you.

Odin: We are not Gods. We are born, we live, we die, just as humans do.

Loki: Give or take five thousand years...

Odin: All this because Loki desires a throne.

Loki: It’s my birthright

And from the Avengers 1, this is what Loki says after he traps Thor in the glass chamber:

Loki: The humans think us immortal. Should we test that?

They just have longer life spans.

Asgardians are Gods to Humans.

Just like Superman is a God to Humans in WoDC.

Also she was imprisoned in Hel by Odin, she did not rule it.

She was called Goddess of Death because she was Odin's executioner and that name just stuck with her since it was her job to kill in the name of Odin.

#110 Edited by Nucleon (3895 posts) - - Show Bio

@arqe: After "Ragnarok", Thor is back being a god, and using magic.

Loading Video...

(Discussion-relevant stuff begins a 5.50)

#111 Posted by arqe (982 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: So because you get some power ups you become a God now ?
Okay, noted.

#112 Posted by Nucleon (3895 posts) - - Show Bio

@arqe said:

@nucleon: So because you get some power ups you become a God now ?

Okay, noted.

It's got nothing to do with power-ups. They consistently refer to themselves as "gods" in Ragnarok. And there's more. View the video, which explain how come the Marvel phase One view, the one you still think is on (Gods-aliens, magic-science), got dropped, from 5.50 on.

#113 Posted by arqe (982 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon:

So what if they call themselves god now ?
I'll call myself god from now on, does that mean i'm a god now ?

They called themselves gods before, then Odin explained that they are not actual gods, then they call themselves god again in the next movie.

They don't and can't decide what they are. They are gods to humans and thats it. Not actual gods.

Asgardian stuff was always mix between mystical arts and science, nothing changed.

#114 Edited by DivineVisitor (315 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana has a one shot weapon, the speed to land a hit and the ability to deflect/counter Hela's projectiles. Hela realistically is at a disadvantage here.

If we are talking about both characters fighting at their best, going for the kill, with no PIS and using their top feats then Diana comes out on top.

Also don't understand the debate about Wonder Woman's divinity, she is a demi-god in the same sense that Hercules is demi-god.

#115 Edited by Strike3 (820 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevvitchking said:

Wonder woman bliztes and stabs Hela...then she heals and turns her into a human pin cushion

Like the Highlander episode where Duncan let's another immortal run him through, just so he could get close, grab, behead him.

#116 Edited by Nucleon (3895 posts) - - Show Bio

@arqe: Your argumentation is merely pure negation without rationale; Asgardians are back to being gods and using magic since "Ragnarok", as this video clearly shows. The theory you hold is a phase one thing that was dropped - the video tells you why and how. Another thing that was dropped was Iron Man getting out of the super-hero business at the end of IM3; It isn't that unusual.

Try to keep up by yourself - I can't hold you by the hand at every step of the process. =)

#117 Posted by eri123 (5282 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Hela

#118 Edited by Nucleon (3895 posts) - - Show Bio

@divinevisitor: The gods also created humans and yet humans are not gods. Heracles was the product of direct sexual intercourse with Zeus, whereas Wonder Woman was created out of clay by someone else, and then given life by that same Zeus. Technically, that makes her a construct, a golem of some sort; An antique C-3P0.

Give me just one instance where WW is called, or refer to herself as a "goddess". Goddess of what, anyway?

#119 Posted by karanrasquinha (632 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrey: calling hela weak, nobody's gonna debate with you lol

#120 Posted by karanrasquinha (632 posts) - - Show Bio

@arqe: According to that logic, Steppenwolf also shouldn't have been able to pwn diana because he's not a god. Only gods can pwn gods.

But steppenwolf was owning Diana like nobody's business wasn't he?

Also your logic is fatally flawed..Hela is LITERALLY THE GODDESS OF DEATH, and her feats suggest she can take wonder woman with one arm behind her back

#121 Edited by DivineVisitor (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon:

"The gods also created humans and yet humans are not gods."

Which Gods? And did those Gods impart their divinity upon their creations?

As far as I am aware Humans evolved naturally in the DC Universe.

"Heracles was the product of direct sexual intercourse with Zeus, whereas Wonder Woman was created out of clay by someone else, and then given life by that same Zeus. Technically, that makes her a construct, a golem of some sort; An antique C-3P0."

Sexual intercourse is not even a prerequisite for producing a child in our own society, never mind a fictional universe. All Zeus needed to do is impart his DNA to Diana and bring her to life. She is considered the daughter of Zeus and Hippolyta and as such is logically a demi-god.

"Give me just one instance where WW is called, or refer to herself as a "goddess". Goddess of what, anyway?"

She's referred to as a demi-god quite regularly as far as I'm aware, it's part of the core of her character and she has ascended to full Godhood a number of times as the Goddess of War, Goddess of Truth, Goddess of Peace. As far as WoDC she is referred to as a God and Sister by Ares.

This seems a strange hill to die on Nucleon there's no real debate here. Its quite clear in both the movies and the core of Wonder Woman's character that she is a god/demi-god.

@karanrasquinha

"According to that logic, Steppenwolf also shouldn't have been able to pwn diana because he's not a god. Only gods can pwn gods.

But steppenwolf was owning Diana like nobody's business wasn't he?"

You know that Steppenwolf is a New God right? He comes from Apocalypse which exists within The Gods Sphere of the DC Universe... the same plain that the likes of New Genesis/Heaven/Hell etc all exist on.

Also just because they are 'God's' doesn't mean they can't get wrecked. They are not Gods in the way Gods are precieved in our universe.

#122 Posted by Matthew660 (1716 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela snaps her neck.

#123 Posted by Daywalker88 (311 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Hela on this one. Good fight

#124 Posted by karanrasquinha (632 posts) - - Show Bio

@divinevisitor: Mate whats your point? Hela is a goddess of death and has shown far better feats in everything, like everything. Wonder woman can probably be killed by human bullets..

#125 Edited by DivineVisitor (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@karanrasquinha:

"Mate whats your point?"

My point was to point out that what you were saying did not make sense with a little knowledge of the characters you were referring to.

"Hela is a goddess of death and has shown far better feats in everything, like everything."

Except she's not, Wonder Woman has the better speed feats.

Personally I think as far as a battle between WoDC Wonder Woman and MCU Hela goes, Wonder Woman has been shown to be faster and has a one hit kill weapon in her hands. There is nothing to suggest Hela would survive being decapitated or that she can regrow lost limbs and Wonder Woman has shown the speed and skill to land such a blow.

If we are talking about both characters showing no mercy and going for the kill without PIS then I'd be voting for Wonder Woman. I don't think that's an particularly unreasonable opinion.

#126 Posted by ITACHI_IS_GAWD (536 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela stomps.

#127 Posted by MalkavtheMaven (473 posts) - - Show Bio

The issue I am seeing here is that WW fans are claiming she can just speed blitz and that her sword can cut through Hela and for some reason will have an effect when no other blade did.

I am sorry but Hela wins because there is no indication that Hela would be harmed by Diana's blade. Even if Diana tries to cut off Hela's head there is no indication that it would be any more effective then her trying to cut a stream of water coming from your facet.

And Hela is indeed much stronger than Diana.

#128 Posted by Bearderby (1178 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela hurls train-sized necroswords to Diana

Avatar image for deactivated-5d53d556d4ed6
#129 Posted by deactivated-5d53d556d4ed6 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

WW beats outlierdottir

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
#130 Edited by CaptainSweatpan (2632 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela>Steppenwolf>Wonder Woman

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/dceu-wonder-woman-vs-mcu-hela-1904377/?page=38

#131 Posted by eri123 (5282 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Hela

#132 Posted by Bayman007 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman has speed and gear on her side. Hela gets mauled

#133 Posted by Johndeyvido (408 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Hela. WW can't hurt Hela permanently so it doesn't matter what she does, Hela wins.

#134 Posted by Bink_69 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Would WW even hurt Hela? And if this takes place in Asgard this is an even bigger stomp for her.

#135 Edited by karanrasquinha (632 posts) - - Show Bio

@divinevisitor: Okay wonder woman had better speed feats. Hela is a bullet timer btw.

Ww has a one hit weapon. Hela has literally millions of weapons within her.

Ww hasn't even shown shed survive a human bullet, let alone asgardian blades that cut through a God Mode thor like butter.

Lets break it down

Hela:

Better strength

Better durability

Insane healing factor.

Better fighting skills

Better reaction time ( from fighting the entire asgardian army and reacting to and dodging multiple laser beams fired from asgardian ships)

Wonder woman

Better sword..

Pathetic dude..also lets use a little logic here, would thor have gone through all the trouble of resurrecting surtur and causing ragnarok, if decapitating hela was all it took to stop her?

And ww isn't getting close without being impaled or getting her neck snapped

#136 Posted by DivineVisitor (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@malkavthemaven:

"Even if Diana tries to cut off Hela's head there is no indication that it would be any more effective then her trying to cut a stream of water coming from your facet."

Can't say I agree with this. I would argue there is no indication that Hela would survive it. Sure she can regenerate being stabbed through the chest but that doesn't mean she's surviving decapitation or healing lost limbs. She hasn't shown the healing factor for that so we can't say it's possible.

@karanrasquinha

"Better reaction time ( from fighting the entire asgardian army and reacting to and dodging multiple laser beams fired from asgardian ships)"

She threw up her cloak to somewhat shield herself when the ships opened fire with their energy weapons (not lasers), she didn't dodge them (from what I remember) and showed no particularly impressive speed feats, whereas Wonder Woman is literally blocking machine gun bullets fired from yards away. I don't think there's really any comparison here.

"Pathetic dude..also lets use a little logic here, would thor have gone through all the trouble of resurrecting surtur and causing ragnarok, if decapitating hela was all it took to stop her?"

Thor didn't have the skill or more importantly the speed to land a blow capable of decapitating Hela, Wonder Woman does. Wonder Woman simply has the necessary attributes that allows for a legitimate argument to be made that she could decapitate Hela.

#137 Posted by Erkan12 (9272 posts) - - Show Bio
#138 Posted by arqe (982 posts) - - Show Bio

@arqe: According to that logic, Steppenwolf also shouldn't have been able to pwn diana because he's not a god. Only gods can pwn gods.

But steppenwolf was owning Diana like nobody's business wasn't he?

Also your logic is fatally flawed..Hela is LITERALLY THE GODDESS OF DEATH, and her feats suggest she can take wonder woman with one arm behind her back

First of all Steppenwolf is a God.

And Hela is not a God, she is just an alien who lives 5000 years give or take.

#139 Posted by JefferydeDucke (650 posts) - - Show Bio

@arqe: stepphenwolf is a god who got beaten by an alien

#140 Posted by ginman333 (3097 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a joke

#141 Posted by destinyman75 (15780 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Hela. She'd be able to take on the whole JLA let alone just Diana. Come on guys. Diana is my fav DC but this is getting ridiculous. Thor would definitely beat Diana after ragnork and hela toyed with him...Diana can only block what she sees hela can spam her swords from within her and from the ground...Also to note if Diana tried to block a skyscraper sized spike she won't be able to survive the follow up..also the speed difference isn't that great Hela is definitely nfast enough

#142 Posted by REQUIEMCROSS (721 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as Asgard is not destroyed, Hela is invulnerable. Wonder Woman is strong, but Hela's Hax is much stronger.

#143 Posted by karanrasquinha (632 posts) - - Show Bio

@arqe: Steppenwolf is not a god.

Hela is an alien, mate have you even watched the movie?

Hela the firstborn of Odin, Goddess of death..i mean cmon man.

Also whats your point? I already proved WW gets pwned in almost everything barring reaction speed which she gets pwned again because of the Asgardian army feat.

#144 Posted by karanrasquinha (632 posts) - - Show Bio

@divinevisitor: Hold on, how about you argue that Hela, whose durability vastly exceeds Wws, wont decapitate Ww with one sword strike. Ww hasn't any piercing feats, heck she hasn't even been shown to be bulletproof.

Thor is a far more skilled fighter than wonder woman,far stronger and if he doesn't have a chance for a decap, what does WW have?

Tell me one thing, how do you know that WW cutting hela's head isn't the same as just cutting any other part of her body? Like her chest? You got any indication that she can be indicated? Because based on her healing factor speed and recovery where she doesn't even feel a wound, and a massive lightning strike, what makes you think a decap would even occur?

#145 Posted by Bayman007 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Diana

#146 Posted by DivineVisitor (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@karanrasquinha:

"Steppenwolf is not a god."

Steppenwolf is a New God from the Godsphere that exists outside the DC Multiverse and which is on the same plane as heaven/hell/new genesis. He is a God in the same sense that Hela is. It is a fundamental part of his character.

"Hold on, how about you argue that Hela, whose durability vastly exceeds Wws, wont decapitate Ww with one sword strike"

Hela could undoubtedly decapitate Wonder Woman, i just don't see Hela getting a killing blow before Wonder Woman takes a limb/head off with her superior combat speed or activates her God mode like she did against Ares.

"Tell me one thing, how do you know that WW cutting hela's head isn't the same as just cutting any other part of her body? Like her chest?"

Because it's a no limits fallacy. You can't just assume that Hela healing from a stab to the chest means she can instantly heal a supersonic slice that cuts off a limb or her head.

Do you think if she just stood still and let Thor slice through her neck that she would simply heal before Thor's blade came out the other side?

That her healing factor is infinitely better than Deadpools or Wolverine?

Why would she even bother dodging anything if her healing factor was that ridiculous? She could have just stood there laughing at Thor and let him attack her all day if that were the case.

#147 Edited by karanrasquinha (632 posts) - - Show Bio

@divinevisitor said:

@karanrasquinha:

"Steppenwolf is not a god."

Steppenwolf is a New God from the Godsphere that exists outside the DC Multiverse and which is on the same plane as heaven/hell/new genesis. He is a God in the same sense that Hela is. It is a fundamental part of his character.

"Hold on, how about you argue that Hela, whose durability vastly exceeds Wws, wont decapitate Ww with one sword strike"

Hela could undoubtedly decapitate Wonder Woman, i just don't see Hela getting a killing blow before Wonder Woman takes a limb/head off with her superior combat speed or activates her God mode like she did against Ares.

"Tell me one thing, how do you know that WW cutting hela's head isn't the same as just cutting any other part of her body? Like her chest?"

Because it's a no limits fallacy. You can't just assume that Hela healing from a stab to the chest means she can instantly heal a supersonic slice that cuts off a limb or her head.

Do you think if she just stood still and let Thor slice through her neck that she would simply heal before Thor's blade came out the other side?

That her healing factor is infinitely better than Deadpools or Wolverine?

Why would she even bother dodging anything if her healing factor was that ridiculous? She could have just stood there laughing at Thor and let him attack her all day if that were the case.

No Caption Provided

Considering she was impaled and the sword came through the other side and she didn't even flinch, she's healing from whatever Wonder Woman throws at her.

Yes, her healing factor is indefinitely better than Deadpool's or wolverine. They feel pain even while their healing factor is taking place. Evidently, hela does not.

Wonder Woman was actually getting tagged and damaged by regular German soldiers, you think she's taking on Hela?

Loading Video...

#148 Edited by DivineVisitor (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@karanrasquinha:

"Considering she was impaled and the sword came through the other side and she didn't even flinch"

She literally finches in that GIF...

So you believe Hela could have stood still and let Thor hack away at her neck and limbs slicing right through them and it would have done absolutely nothing to her because she healed a sword being put through her chest?... solid logic right there.

Superman has been stabbed in the comics and has a healing factor too, reckon its impossible for him to have his limbs or head cut off aswell? As I guarentee pretty much nobody would make that argument.

"Wonder Woman was actually getting tagged and damaged by regular German soldiers, you think she's taking on Hela?"

I could turn that same lowballing sentiment against you, Hela got a steel ball to the face by Hogun and you think Wonder Woman couldn't do the same with her Sword with deadly consequences?

#149 Edited by karanrasquinha (632 posts) - - Show Bio

@divinevisitor: Mate you're deviating there, replace hela with wonder woman in that scenario where thor stabs her and ya think WW would survive that? And yes, hela could let thor hack at her limbs and it probably wouldn't do anything..i told you before she doesn't feel pain and her healing factor is infinitely more than deadpool or someone like that because they actually feel the hit.

Why bring up the comics? Superman isnt even in thread..

Lol you didnt turn anything against me..hogun is an asgardian soldier with superhuman strength and durability, not a German soldier with a pew pew gun. And he didnt even hurt hela lol. A german soldier, a regular human kicked WW and she actually felt it lol. Solid logic there.

#150 Posted by DivineVisitor (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@karanrasquinha:

"And yes, hela could let thor hack at her limbs and it probably wouldn't do anything..i told you before she doesn't feel pain and her healing factor is infinitely more than deadpool or someone like that because they actually feel the hit."

If you truly believe this then I don't think there is much more to debate here, its like having 2+2 and getting 5.

"Why bring up the comics? Superman isnt even in thread.."

I stated why I brought up Superman but it doesn't need to be him the comparison is made with, replace him with any character with a strong healing factor. You can't suggest that it's impossible to cut the limbs/head off someone who has a healing factor until someone cuts through that limb/neck and shows the limb/neck to still be intact when the attack comes out the other side.

If Hela's healing factor allows her to heal a wound before a blade even comes out the other side of her limb/neck then why did she even bother to dodge anything during the movie?

Suggesting Thor couldn't have cut her head off if Hela stood still and allowed Thor to swing at her neck on the basis that she healed a stab through her chest is quite frankly madness.

"Lol you didnt turn anything against me..hogun is an asgardian soldier with superhuman strength and durability, not a German soldier with a pew pew gun. And he didnt even hurt hela lol. A german soldier, a regular human kicked WW and she actually felt it lol. Solid logic there."

I remember one knocking Wonder Womans shield out of her hand but that's about it. Can't remember her being injured by any of them.

The point I was making is you are trying to lowball a character and suggesting Wonder Woman is weak by picking out her low showings; claiming that since she gets tagged by regular humans she is slow but ignoring the fact that since that point in her history she has been shown to have feats that put her well beyond that. Wonder Woman has legitimate supersonic combat speed so she is clearly fast enough to get a blow in on Hela, and she has a weapon that can slice through her with ease. Dispite what you may believe Hela does not have a healing factor that suggests she can't lose a limb or be decapitated, you are quite literally the only person I have ever seen try to make this claim. Feel free to start a poll and see how many others agree with you though, i guarentee it will be practically nobody.