MCU Hela VS. DCEU Wonder Woman

• 166 results
Posted by Arametese (232 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: MCU Hela VS. DCEU Wonder Woman (162 votes)

MCU Hela 71%
DCEU Wonder Woman 28%

Hela

No Caption Provided

Wonder Woman

No Caption Provided

#51 Posted by felgrim (1117 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela still wins by majority of threads.

#52 Posted by RL4 (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol...dude said hela would break Diana's sword. Even doomsday couldn't break it

Feel free to tag me if you have something to say.

On topic, Doomsday never directly attempted to destroy Diana's sword, so that's more or less a non-point.

@batman242

Hela may have stopped Gungnirs blade in its tracks, but that blade itself has no real feats outside of running through Hela already. Diana's sword surpasses that simply by cutting Doomsday who endured a nuke, which is far more impressive than anything Hela has done.

A few things:

• While lacking direct feats, it's still a weapon on par with Mjolnir, powerful enough to put Loki on near equal footing with Thor during their duel in Thor 1.
  • It's a Mjolnir-level weapon wielded by Thor. I'd rate that easily on par with Diana and her sword.
  • And about Doomsday, I have trouble considering that a valuable feat considering it's a magic weapon, and a nuclear blast (in space, context matters) is not the same as cutting/shear force

Hela isn't durable, per second, either. She's just invincible to the point that she doesn't feel much. She just has a great pain threshold. To say she's pretty durable would mean that she would've never been cut or ran through by blades and we've seen that happen about 4 times in her appearance.

Hela's forearms are seemingly more durable than her torso or abdomen. It's not illogical considering her on-screen feats to suggest her durability is unequally distributed.

Hela may be stronger but it won't matter that much since Diana isn't going in a H2H battle, she's coming with complete gear.

Diana with full gear is still a melee only fighter. Her only ranged options are using her lasso, or her vambraces to produce concussive force. In close combat, which we agree this fight will come to, Hela retains a significant strength advantage.

We're gonna have to use Hela's fighting style as reference again; her strength only mattered when she was successfully able to counter Thor and she was barely ever able to do that.

Barely? That's just not objective. Hela was able to physically dominate Thor in every encounter they had, be it on Earth, or Asgard.

If Diana gives her a barrage of strikes, she has no choice but to back pedal as she has no other defenses.

I'm unfamiliar with Diana's barrage of strikes move. And even if that's a plausible strategy that Diana uses in character, it's also totally in character for Hela to respond by either grappling Diana, a fight she'd win, or by spamming blades at her, something she can do to body Diana continually.

Her arms will be cut by Dianas sword if she uses them. Diana's own fighting style when faced with actual threats involves slashing of weak points and dismembering as opposed to fodder where she only goes for stabs.

Well that's just going to be our fundamental disagreement then. You can think that. I'm going to think that Blocking Gungir, wielded by Thor is plenty to be an equivalence for durability's sake.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#53 Edited by RampageTheFirst (8041 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
#54 Posted by deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c (3506 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242:

Hela's healing factor is insane, though. I mean, it almost makes up for getting stabbed by Asgardian fodder weapons.

We've seen Diana's fighting style, but it seems to be effective most on bigger guys, since she can slide/dodge under and parry/block oncoming single attacks. Do you think she would go for stabs based on size, rather than fodder relationship? Because I am not sure if there are interactions in WW that disprove what I've said.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc
#55 Posted by deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

@felgrim said:

Hela still wins by majority of threads.

because CV is MCU cancerfest. No matter of feats Mcu guy always must win because CV is MCU fanboy page

#56 Posted by deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Areas appears to have the same abilities a Hela, tho she is slightly more powerful

By what ? Hela can only only throw swords, axes and spears. Diana will toy with her.

#57 Edited by deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc (2121 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#58 Posted by Lan_Fan (18547 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Wonder Woman.

#59 Posted by Thoromdil (1959 posts) - - Show Bio

Either WW or stalemate, depending if fight is on Asgard or not. Hela can never tag Diana with projectiles and WW is a lot stronger, more agile and more skilled (her strength scales to Superman and Doomsday so yeah she is stronger) so Hela has no way of beating her. But wether or not Dianas sword can hurt Hela is a guess. She was able to hurt DD with it so chances are Hela is getting down to a decisive strike like decap. Id say if Hela is not on Asgard then WW wins. Hela has jo regeneration feats outside of Asgard. To the contrary, she started healing and repaird her armor when she got on Asgard. So yeah outside of Adgard, WW decaps. On Asgard WW cant overcome Helas healing but Hela cant deal with WW's speed, skill and superior stats, so stalemate.

#60 Posted by deltahuman (5068 posts) - - Show Bio
@nucleon said:

Your scenario (it isn't solely yours) is flawed. In case you missed it the 542 first times it was explained to you, here it is again:

My scenario is flawed because a random internet troll decides to call it flawed? I don't think so. If you want to debate then lose your patronising attitude first. Right now you only look like a desperate troll who has to reply to each and everyone having an opinion that's different from his. If you wanna act like a smartass then be smart first or else you just look like an ass. Or you might even be intentionally doing this, IDK. Either way, don't be patronising with me if you want a debate. Otherwise, all you'll get is abuse. Okay, let's get back to business.

You have no basis to write that Hela can be hurt, wounded or maimed. It never happened, in spite of all the extreme physical means used against her, before Asgard was being destroyed.

Hela was tagged and stabbed not just by named characters like Thor and Hogun but also by random Asgardian fodder. Your opinion that Hela can't be hurt or wounded is just fanboy Bullshit. She can be cut and stabbed. The only reason she didn't die from being stabbed is because of her fast healing powers. But her healing powers has healed only superficial cuts and stabs on screen. There's no evidence whatsoever that Hela can heal a severed arm. She definitely also cannot heal a decapitated head. Odin, the most powerful Asgardian couldn't even heal an eyeball. It's pretty evident that Asgardians can not heal major organs. Like I said, act like a smartass only if you're smart.

No wounds, no healing, not a drop of blood, not even a pause in Hela's stride. Nothing. It's like attacking an immaterial ghost. "Yeah, but what if I chop the ghost's head, huh?" Yeah, right.

The notion that Hela can be killed only by destroying Asgard is pure NLF. Hela simply hasn't fought someone who can decapitate/kill her like Diana. These statements only reek of stupidity and the fact that you're nothing but a biased fanboy. You write good fan fiction. It's poetic to an extent. However fan fiction isn't accepted as legitimate statements here. No matter how good your wordplay is, Nobody gives a rat's ass.

Here's what I think would happen if WW (or anyone, really) tried: The blade will go right through Hela's neck, or arm, whatever, then exit the body leaving it still attached and whole. As if the attack was immaterial, like all physical attacks Hela took.

This character that you speak of is not Hela. Like I said, I don't give two shits about your fan fiction.

It's a silly, desperate, improvised and infantile "solution" you are using. It's like me saying that Cap America can beat Superman by kicking him in the gonads, a sure win since Superman never has been shown surviving a kick in the nutsack. And besides it really hurts.

Captain America would break his legs if he kicks Superman in the gonads. The only "SILLY, DESPERATE, IMPROVISED and INFANTILE" statements are coming from you. It's a free world. You can act as retarded as you like. However, like I said, if you want a debate, then don't act like you're straight out of kindergarten. I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a smarter statement than that.

Hela beats WW 10/10. In fact, there isn't a chance in a gazillion WW can win, unless she does exactly what they did in Ragnarok and somehow manages to destroy Asgard.

In an actual sword fight, Diana would beat Hela 11/10 times. She has shown that she goes for the kill straight away. She cut off Doomsday's arms just a few moments after the fight. Hela only has a strength advantage against Diana but it doesn't mean shit here because this is not a fist fight. Diana is multiple tiers faster than Hela both in combat and reaction speed. She is just as skilled if not more. She can track supersonic projectiles in slow motion. Hela won't tag her in a million years while Diana would eventually go for decapitation once she realises that Hela can heal from cuts fast. Saying that Hela can only be killed by Destroying Asgard is a special instance in the movie because on Asgard Hela is more powerful than Thor and Thor didn't have a weapon like Stormbreaker to kill her. So he had to ressurect Surtur to destroy Asgard along with Hela. Don't sleep in movie theatres. Watch movies with attention so that people don't have to explain stuff again and again. Diana stomps Hela in a sword fight. No matter how much you troll,my opinion remains unchanged unless you can prove otherwise with valid statements and without acting like a smartass

#61 Posted by CyberpunkCop (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela stomps

#62 Edited by Nucleon (4124 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman: Hela was tagged and stabbed not just by named characters like Thor and Hogun but also by random Asgardian fodder.

Yes, she has been tagged. Everybody gets tagged in a fight. That's not the point. It never has been.

Your opinion that Hela can't be hurt or wounded is just fanboy Bullshit.

No, it's not: It's Ragnarok's plot.

She can be cut and stabbed.

Yes. To no avail.

The only reason she didn't die from being stabbed is because of her fast healing powers. But her healing powers has healed only superficial cuts and stabs on screen. There's no evidence whatsoever that Hela can heal a severed arm. She definitely also cannot heal a decapitated head.

These are no "healing powers": Being stabbed through isn't superficial damage, you weird extra-dimensional being. There are proofs all over the movie that Hela ignores (not heal) physical damage. She never has been wounded on film before the destruction of Asgard. Looks like the movies you saw in your own universe are quite different than the ones we've had here.

Odin, the most powerful Asgardian couldn't even heal an eyeball. It's pretty evident that Asgardians can not heal major organs. Like I said, act like a smartass only if you're smart.

Odin is no Goddess of Death. The rest of your post was tripe I can't be bothered with.

#63 Posted by from_beyond (968 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a bit confused about Hela. If the battle is on Asgard, she is of-course beyond WW and every other character in MCU and DCU except Surture. It was explicitly stated in the movie that on Asgard, her power grows and could eventually become limitless. However, what if the battle is not on Asgard? How powerful she really is? I will still vote for her beating WW but I am not sure she would be able to beat Thor.

#64 Posted by MethoKi (12592 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar said:

@batman242:

Hela's healing factor is insane, though. I mean, it almost makes up for getting stabbed by Asgardian fodder weapons.

We've seen Diana's fighting style, but it seems to be effective most on bigger guys, since she can slide/dodge under and parry/block oncoming single attacks. Do you think she would go for stabs based on size, rather than fodder relationship? Because I am not sure if there are interactions in WW that disprove what I've said.

She's seen going both for stabs and straight dismemberment. Though a stab may the first thing Diana goes for, Hela can react, but moments after Diana would go for a slash and Hela just may attempt to protect herself with her arms.

#65 Posted by Nucleon (4124 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a bit confused about Hela. If the battle is on Asgard, she is of-course beyond WW and every other character in MCU and DCU except Surture. It was explicitly stated in the movie that on Asgard, her power grows and could eventually become limitless. However, what if the battle is not on Asgard? How powerful she really is? I will still vote for her beating WW but I am not sure she would be able to beat Thor.

We can't know for sure, unless we had access to some source, from what we saw on film, Hela being out of Asgard only for a brief period of time. However - for what it's worth - her garnment was visibly torn on Earth, while it just couldn't be damaged in Asgard (just like her).

Does that mean that on Earth she can be affected by physical damage? I would tend to think it is indeed possible.

#66 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela wins.

#67 Posted by icec0ld (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

@rl4:

You're a troll of the highest order.

Diana is not reflecting g those blades she is grabbing them from the air with her lasso and throwing them aside. What she is doing is beyond impressive.

They clearly establish this early on when they slow down the action to allow you to see her snare the first one and toss it. The action is speed up again and the camera pans out to show both in the frame.

She's not simply slapping those away she's grabbing them. Stop your nonsense lowballing.

#68 Posted by EcoBlitz (6113 posts) - - Show Bio

@icec0ld: got any specific scene that shows her grabbing it? Cuz everyone can see her deflecting it

#69 Posted by deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c (3506 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar said:

@batman242:

She's seen going both for stabs and straight dismemberment. Though a stab may the first thing Diana goes for, Hela can react, but moments after Diana would go for a slash and Hela just may attempt to protect herself with her arms.

Well, that is true. I was wondering if she would engage in a sword fight, though.

#70 Posted by MethoKi (12592 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar said:
@batman242 said:
@rajjar said:

@batman242:

Well, that is true. I was wondering if she would engage in a sword fight, though.

She probably would as that would be her best offense/defense.

I just don't think she'd summon any swords to throw at Diana in such close range considering she's never done it to anyone who was in 10 feet of her and attacking. She seems to need ample time and space to pull it off. Just look at the killing blow she landed on Hogun for reference.

#71 Edited by deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c (3506 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242 said:
@rajjar said:
@batman242 said:
@rajjar said:

@batman242:

I just don't think she'd summon any swords to throw at Diana in such close range considering she's never done it to anyone who was in 10 feet of her and attacking. She seems to need ample time and space to pull it off. Just look at the killing blow she landed on Hogun for reference.

I see what you mean, I think the larger the weapon, the longer the summoning time. I was thinking more clash of swords type of thing, but I don't know who would come out of that still standing. As long as Hela doesn't block with her limbs (her last fight with Thor had fodder Asgardian swords that have pierced her before) that regen should keep her going. And she has been conquering realms since Thor was born, which was 1500 years ago, while Diana was born in like 1216 CE. She did have Mjolnir with her, although I fail to see how it would help in her case.

#72 Posted by felgrim (1117 posts) - - Show Bio

@dianaallmighty: majority of threads on other forums too. Fanboys of every form, like you where DC is concerned, exist.

#73 Posted by MethoKi (12592 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar said:
@batman242 said:
@rajjar said:
@batman242 said:
@rajjar said:

@batman242:

I see what you mean, I think the larger the weapon, the longer the summoning time. I was thinking more clash of swords type of thing, but I don't know who would come out of that still standing. As long as Hela doesn't block with her limbs (her last fight with Thor had fodder Asgardian swords that have pierced her before) that regen should keep her going. And she has been conquering realms since Thor was born, which was 1500 years ago, while Diana was born in like 1216 CE. She did have Mjolnir with her, although I fail to see how it would help in her case.

It's unlikely that she'd summon blades in combat, she hasn't done it that much although she does have the ability to do it. She prefers to fight with her hands as with her character, she likes to assert her dominance and show her opponent that their attempts are futile. She's just confident, over-confident. It's why she was never prepared for the 2 times Thor hit her with lightning or getting killed by Surtur.

I really do think she'd block with her limbs sooner or later. Honestly, half the things that happened in her fights with Thor didn't have to happen as she is faster than he is, but she prolonged it due to her attitude. Diana isn't going to play with her food, she's going for the kill immediately.

You think Diana is more or less 800 years old? I doubt that. Even with Patty Jenkins' statement, I find that hard to believe. Diana has to be around the same age of Themyscira and would've been born around the time of Zeus' death. Had to been some millennia ago.

#74 Edited by deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c (3506 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242 said:
@rajjar said:
@batman242 said:
@rajjar said:
@batman242 said:
@rajjar said:

@batman242:

It's unlikely that she'd summon blades in combat, she hasn't done it that much although she does have the ability to do it. She prefers to fight with her hands as with her character, she likes to assert her dominance and show her opponent that their attempts are futile. She's just confident, over-confident. It's why she was never prepared for the 2 times Thor hit her with lightning or getting killed by Surtur.

I really do think she'd block with her limbs sooner or later. Honestly, half the things that happened in her fights with Thor didn't have to happen as she is faster than he is, but she prolonged it due to her attitude. Diana isn't going to play with her food, she's going for the kill immediately.

You think Diana is more or less 800 years old? I doubt that. Even with Patty Jenkins' statement, I find that hard to believe. Diana has to be around the same age of Themyscira and would've been born around the time of Zeus' death. Had to been some millennia ago.

I mean, it is either that, or the War of the Gods ended a few months around 1216. I am still looking to confirm if the War of the Gods revolves around that number statement, or the other way around.

I am a bit confused, though. Where did your millenia dating come from? Is that from the Steppenwolf flashback, or is it something else in the WW movie? Because Diana is as old as the island, but the Amazons coexisted with humanity before that.

#75 Posted by MethoKi (12592 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar: I would think the War of the Gods happened some millennia before Christ, because even if it was an isolated war, humans would somehow know and have much better recording of such an event in a 'modern' time like that.

#76 Posted by depinhom (13506 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela kills her hard.

#77 Posted by rem (2774 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana. Hela has no answer to her speed or sword.

#78 Posted by deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c (3506 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar: I would think the War of the Gods happened some millennia before Christ, because even if it was an isolated war, humans would somehow know and have much better recording of such an event in a 'modern' time like that.

Ah, I see.

#79 Posted by MethoKi (12592 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar: I could very well be wrong, but it seems as though the war of the gods was well before any form of modern technology. Wikis say Area took 5 millennia to heal but nothing in-film that suggests it.

#80 Posted by Beowulf_ (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana if she uses her speed and doesn't fight like an idiot

#82 Posted by Bayman007 (2827 posts) - - Show Bio

The general consensus is that Diana smashes her teeth in.

#83 Posted by deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c (3506 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar: I could very well be wrong, but it seems as though the war of the gods was well before any form of modern technology. Wikis say Area took 5 millennia to heal but nothing in-film that suggests it.

Fair enough, but objectively from the Steppenwolf flashback to JL it doesn't seem the Amazonian tech changed in anyway. Hell, Artemis with her exploding arrows was no where to be seen in the WW flashback, and there we saw a bearded god with a flaming sword. They seemed way more Earthbound in the Steppy flashback than the WW flashback art suggested though. It was like they had to learn how to fly or something.

And how credible are the wikis, in your opinion?

#84 Posted by KingLouie (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
#85 Posted by DeutschKurzhaar (1429 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop with the mismatch

#86 Posted by JOVIOLMA (7990 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Diana faster than her ?

#87 Posted by karanrasquinha (675 posts) - - Show Bio

@methoki: There's absolutely no evidence of that, hela would have just regenerated her head or something. If decap was an option, thor wouldn't have gone to all that trouble to destroy asgard just to kill hela

#88 Posted by Tony501 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman

#89 Posted by eri123 (6993 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela

#90 Posted by WhyZoSerious (2129 posts) - - Show Bio

71-29 is a good display of how big this mismatch is.

#92 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (6025 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela still.

#93 Posted by Namebk (1802 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela curbs

#94 Posted by Rijehu (2137 posts) - - Show Bio

Fights like these depend on distance and location. Aside from all the context needed in this battle, Diana wins if its close range. Hela if it's not.

#95 Posted by TheHolyFish (519 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela wins. She's just too powerful for Diana.

#96 Posted by tsunamiwave (231 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela wins, even though I accidentally voted for Diana in the poll. Lol.

Avatar image for panda_emperorix
#97 Posted by panda_emperorix (4226 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela still wins

#98 Posted by Strike3 (844 posts) - - Show Bio

@joviolma said:

Isn't Diana faster than her ?

In a foot race. Up close, big Steppenwolf matched her combat speed, while also fighting Aquaman.

#99 Posted by MrTrey (925 posts) - - Show Bio

Another thread where the DCEU character murders a weakling MCU character, how original.

#100 Posted by arqe (983 posts) - - Show Bio

@methoki: There's absolutely no evidence of that, hela would have just regenerated her head or something. If decap was an option, thor wouldn't have gone to all that trouble to destroy asgard just to kill hela

If you are taking NLF statements as facts then Hela cannot kill Diana since she is a Goddess and Hela is not a God / Goddess.

Only Gods can kill Gods so therefore Wonder Woman is not dying to her.