MCU Hela VS. DCEU Wonder Woman

• 154 results
Posted by Arametese (232 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: MCU Hela VS. DCEU Wonder Woman (154 votes)

MCU Hela 72%
DCEU Wonder Woman 27%

Hela

No Caption Provided

Wonder Woman

No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by SocaJunkie (9376 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done.

#2 Posted by Laurus (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done, Hela stomps.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
#3 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (17202 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done, Hela can't tag Diana with her slow ass projectiles

#4 Posted by Dawn_of_Ages (2537 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it really that difficult to search if a thread has been done before you make one?

#5 Posted by DoctorDaMn (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done hela-fine spanks...

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc
#6 Posted by deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana stomps because Hela is a joke.

#7 Posted by Bayman007 (2491 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman wins.

#8 Posted by ourmanuel (13023 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Chad_Duby (6047 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela murders.

#10 Posted by SocaJunkie (9376 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think Diana was nerfed in JL, compare how she fought Steppenwolf with how she did against Doomsday.

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
#11 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2605 posts) - - Show Bio

WW is a joke of a character.

#12 Posted by AssertingValor (8189 posts) - - Show Bio

Areas appears to have the same abilities a Hela, tho she is slightly more powerful

#13 Posted by ANTHP2000 (30388 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously Hela can't touch Diana, but I guess we needed another thread for this.

@socajunkie: Agreed... Steppenwolf himself was wildly inconsistent and it like they forced it so much to have Diana look like she's below him. And another part of it is that people want to believe that Superman was supposedly on a different level than her, when she repeatedly stated that she didn't want to fight him, barely restrain him. She was somehow a "statue" in his and Barry's perception, but people want to ignore that this was only the case when she was falling/getting thrown aside by Clark (as in not using any amounts of combat speed). When she actually tried to move and use her combat/movement speed while Barry was speeding around, she was moving at least as fast as Superman was in his perception, when he helped her grab her sword.

#14 Edited by MethoKi (12588 posts) - - Show Bio

Put it like this, if Hogun had Diana's sword instead of his mace, he'd have solo'd Hela when we swung at her head.

Now put the faster Diana in his position...

#15 Posted by Sy8000 (36003 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000:

She was somehow a "statue" in his and Barry's perception, but people want to ignore that this was only the case when she was falling/getting thrown aside by Clark (as in not using any amounts of combat speed).

She could've bracelet crashed. Or thrown her lasso. Or done anything at all. It's incredibly clear she didn't have a clue what was going on.

For god's sake she didn't even turn her head which is totally independent of whether she's in mid air...

#16 Posted by ANTHP2000 (30388 posts) - - Show Bio

@sy8000: Dude, go ahead and try doing any of that when you are being thrown aside by someone of Superman's strength. If that was Clark getting thrown aside he wouldn't do anything either.

For God's sake we saw exactly what happened when she actually used her combat speed on Barry's perception.

#17 Edited by MethoKi (12588 posts) - - Show Bio

@sy8000 said:

@anthp2000:

She was somehow a "statue" in his and Barry's perception, but people want to ignore that this was only the case when she was falling/getting thrown aside by Clark (as in not using any amounts of combat speed).

She could've bracelet crashed. Or thrown her lasso. Or done anything at all. It's incredibly clear she didn't have a clue what was going on.

For god's sake she didn't even turn her head which is totally independent of whether she's in mid air...

Like Barry didnt doing anything while he was being ragdolled through the air when Clark or Steppenwolf tripped him up,

Or the numerous times Clark has been hit and does nothing while he's being sent flying or into the ground.

Nobody ever uses their speed when they're in the middle of being attacked, so it's ridiculous for you to expect Diana to do so.

#18 Posted by ANTHP2000 (30388 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: Exactly. This kind of flawed scaling is nothing but an attempt to oversell Clark.

#19 Posted by Subline (9326 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela.

#20 Edited by Nucleon (3877 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242 said:

Put it like this, if Hogun had Diana's sword instead of his mace, he'd have solo'd Hela when we swung at her head.

Now put the faster Diana in his position...

She has been pierced from one side through another, many times. The weapon used (or the speed of the user - WTH) is of no relevance, those who pierced her varied from a simple Asgardian trooper's sword to Thor's held Gungnir. I am pretty sure a table knife would have had the same effect as StormBreaker as far as Hela was concerned: Nothing.

#21 Posted by Sy8000 (36003 posts) - - Show Bio

@sy8000: Dude, go ahead and try doing any of that when you are being thrown aside by someone of Superman's strength. If that was Clark getting thrown aside he wouldn't do anything either.

For God's sake we saw exactly what happened when she actually used her combat speed on Barry's perception.

I'm not fast enough to see myself flying through the air in slow motion. According to you Diana is or she wouldn't be able to register to Clark in the first place.

If you're arguing she was stunned from being attacked then you're contradicting yourself: if she's fast enough to compete with those characters, she'd recover long before she hit the ground. Unless you're arguing she was one-shotted by Superman's throw.

I mean we literally saw Superman close the distance between them before she could even cross her bracelets...that would literally necessitate being many times faster than her...

What are you even talking about with Barry?

Like Barry didnt doing anything while he was being ragdolled through the air when Clark or Steppenwolf tripped him up,

Or the numerous times Clark has been hit and does nothing while he's being sent flying or into the ground.

Nobody ever uses their speed when they're in the middle of being attacked, so it's ridiculous for you to expect Diana to do so.

She wasn't in the middle of being attacked, the attack already happened. If she were fast enough to do anything she would've been fast enough to notice people moving around at super speed.

I mean, Jesus, the writers intention is incrediblyclear. If they didn't want her frozen to Clark, she wouldn't be frozen to Clark.

#22 Posted by Oreoghoul (2344 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela stomps.

I do think Diana was nerfed in JL but it is obviously clear Clark is way superior in speed by both feats and writers intention

#23 Posted by ANTHP2000 (30388 posts) - - Show Bio

@sy8000:

I'm not fast enough to see myself flying through the air in slow motion. According to you Diana is or she wouldn't be able to register to Clark in the first place.

If you're arguing she was stunned from being attacked then you're contradicting yourself: if she's fast enough to compete with those characters, she'd recover long before she hit the ground. Unless you're arguing she was one-shotted by Superman's throw.

What? Speed has nothing with recovering from getting thrown aside by someone as strong as Superman.

The moment where she moved just as fast as Clark was moving in Barry's perception by using her actual combat speed (not some falling speed or whatever), when he helped her grab her sword in the tunnel scene.

#24 Posted by MethoKi (12588 posts) - - Show Bio

@sy8000 said:
@anthp2000 said:

I mean we literally saw Superman close the distance between them before she could even cross her bracelets...that would literally necessitate being many times faster than her...

@batman242 said:

She wasn't in the middle of being attacked, the attack already happened. If she were fast enough to do anything she would've been fast enough to notice people moving around at super speed.

I mean, Jesus, the writers intention is incrediblyclear. If they didn't want her frozen to Clark, she wouldn't be frozen to Clark.

The fact that people are moving super speed around her is entirely irrelevant.

With your argument, you'll need to explain why Clark himself has never done anything at super speed just after being hit or thrown somewhere, like when Faora threw him. Faora could've done anything to him within the span it took him to leave her hand and crash into the vault and he would've done nothing considering he just 'let' himself get ragdolled for that long a time and distance.

If they really wanted Diana frozen to Clark, they'd have displayed it in actual combat between the two, not with her being tossed aside.

#25 Posted by felgrim (1117 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done multiple times. Tallied the votes on different threads, so far hela leads 5 to 3 via thread posting/polls against WW.....too much time on my hands.

#26 Posted by RL4 (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

C'mon people. This has been settled for a while now. Hela wins. Wait till Diana gets more feats.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#27 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5750 posts) - - Show Bio

@rl4: Yeah this has been done to death but Hela wins. Especially a serious Hela.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc57690a1c7d
#28 Posted by deactivated-5bc57690a1c7d (908 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela.

#29 Edited by DammeFavour (8603 posts) - - Show Bio

@rl4: stupid comparison. Use this instead:

https://youtu.be/wnrnfno1zAM

Start from 0:36 or you simply use any of her bullet timing feats.

And yeah, Diana still stomps, she could even kill hela with one of her nekro swords considering the massive speed gap

#30 Posted by RL4 (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour:

It's an apt comparison, you just don't like it because it destroys your case. And anyone with eyes can tell that these are not the same.

And none of those would have even hit her had she decided to block them. They were aimed *that* poorly Damme.
And none of those would have even hit her had she decided to block them. They were aimed *that* poorly Damme.
Throws many more projectiles in a similar timeframe, has NO accuracy problem, against multiple targets, one-shotting everything.
Throws many more projectiles in a similar timeframe, has NO accuracy problem, against multiple targets, one-shotting everything.

Don't talk out of you butt dude. The closest Hela comes to Ares's buffoonery above is when she's Throwing blades at Hogun, and its not like she even took him a little seriously. This has been settled and over for everyone save yourself and a few other fans of the DCEU, It's whatever. I don't expect you to be open-minded about it in the least. Take care.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#31 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (4756 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela for the like 1000th time.

#32 Posted by BlackPhillip (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Wonder Woman.

#33 Edited by DammeFavour (8603 posts) - - Show Bio

@rl4: lol....are you being serious right now? You honestly think someone who casually deflects the much faster and smaller bullets would have a hard time with those blades because they tagged fodder asgardian soldiers? Yes who's talking out his butt now?

You must be severely blind also if you think those were not gonna hit her, I mean how could someone be this dense?

I think it's the other way around, my link destroys your pathetic try at low balling, she doesn't have a hard time deflecting projectiles like the ones hela throws.

And please did you think ares was taking Diana seriously? Did you actually watch the movie?

The problem with people like you is that you can never seem to prove those blades are as fast as bullets cos you know it completely destroys your stance. At least be open minded that hela gets blitzed by a low level speedster and decapitated with doomsday cutting sword unless you want to do the 'it didn't cut steppenwolf and he was weak' dance. Even a bracelet smash would at least incapacitate hela

#34 Posted by MethoKi (12588 posts) - - Show Bio

@rl4 said:

@DammeFavour:

It's an apt comparison, you just don't like it because it destroys your case. And anyone with eyes can tell that these are not the same.

Don't talk out of you butt dude. The closest Hela comes to Ares's buffoonery above is when she's Throwing blades at Hogun, and its not like she even took him a little seriously. This has been settled and over for everyone save yourself and a few other fans of the DCEU, It's whatever. I don't expect you to be open-minded about it in the least. Take care.

I just wanna clarify, do you think Diana can't react to Hela's blades?

#35 Posted by Mister_Surreal (12068 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela used sword throw.

*Wonder Woman dodges*

It's not very effective*

Wonder Woman used speed blitz then decapitation.

*Hela dies*

It's super effective.

#36 Posted by RL4 (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242:

I just wanna clarify, do you think Diana can't react to Hela's blades?

I'm certain Diana can react to a blade thrown at her, under favorable circumstances. I'm not certain however, that she's as well equipped to handle a volley of blades lobbed at her simultaneously, especially, if she's mid jump/airborne, a battle maneuver she's prone to, despite the loss of maneuverability it affords her.

From what I can tell, the Case for Diana relies on Hela lobbing single blades at a time for Wonder Woman to parry, which I believe is an unrealistic scenario given her performance against the Asgardian army as she unloaded up to 8 or so blades in a single movement, and likely a hundred in a timespan of a few seconds.

@DammeFavour

lol....are you being serious right now?

I am.

You honestly think someone who casually deflects the much faster and smaller bullets would have a hard time with those blades because they tagged fodder asgardian soldiers? Yes who's talking out his butt now?

A sword is not a bullet, and Diana's ability to react to Ares's swords either ended in Diana slowly deflecting shrapnel (which would've missed her altogether) or her being bodied into the ground. Hela's swords on the other hand were one-shotting soldiers, aircraft, restraining starships, and puncturing Surtur.

You must be severely blind also if you think those were not gonna hit her, I mean how could someone be this dense?

Thanks for the personal insult. For some reason I thought you'd have been above that.

First set of sparks is by her boots. Even if that had hit, which it doesn't appear to be the case, as it released the same sparks when the lass struck the other debris-blades. The second and third sparks are well above her head, safely away from her.
First set of sparks is by her boots. Even if that had hit, which it doesn't appear to be the case, as it released the same sparks when the lass struck the other debris-blades. The second and third sparks are well above her head, safely away from her.

I think it's the other way around, my link destroys your pathetic try at low balling, she doesn't have a hard time deflecting projectiles like the ones hela throws.

Well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

And please did you think ares was taking Diana seriously? Did you actually watch the movie?

Well I never alluded to whether or not he took her seriously, I was talking about Hela and Hogun. And yes, I've watched the movie. Ares claims that he'll have to kill Diana if she doesn't joint him, just after he manifests his iron armor. I don't appreciate the rudeness.

The problem with people like you is that you can never seem to prove those blades are as fast as bullets

Okay, Not sure what you mean by 'people like you' but I never compared the blades to bullets. They're clearly not bullets, and as this gif proves, they don't need to be bullets to tag Diana. Your continual refusal to accept facts and canon is irksome to say the least.

No Caption Provided

cos you know it completely destroys your stance. At least be open minded that hela gets blitzed by a low level speedster and decapitated with doomsday cutting sword

That's something she's never done, and it's not in character for her to do so, AND that's a headcanon application of her speed powers to her combat, which every movie she's been in, has kept seperate. Her bullet deflecting arms didn't help her against Ares, nor did they help against Steppenwolf. And lay off with the decapitation meme. It's way past its prime, and belongs in the wastebin of 'old jokes that weren't very funny to begin with.'

unless you want to do the 'it didn't cut steppenwolf and he was weak' dance.

Her swords never injured him because he wore armor, and if you want to get even more technical about it, make some gifs. Every 'hit' she landed on him was a glancing blow.

Even a bracelet smash would at least incapacitate hela

If you want to equate her bracers to Thor's best lighting bolt, that's your prerogative.

Try and be more respectful Damme. I remember you used to be much better about that.

#37 Posted by MethoKi (12588 posts) - - Show Bio

@rl4: The thing is, Hela only does throws multiple blades when she has a huge gap between her and her opponents; the Valkyries, the Einherjar, Hogun, Thor and Valkyrie. You can watch all of those and witness that the second a opponent gets within 10 feet of her, she'll prefer to do close quarters combat. Let's push the goal post back and she actually does this to Diana, there's nothing about her volley of blades that Diana can't prepare for, so holds no true advantage. She deflects them while running toward Hela much like Hogun did and she ceases using this attack as she has to find another means to put her opponent down.

Diana is more than fast enough to close any gap between her and Hela efficiently too. Her showings against Ares, Doomsday and the assassin in the bar are enough to think getting close won't be a problem. Let's not forget that she won't be vulnerable when charging forward either since she has a shield to protect her from any blades Hela throws at her.

When this becomes close quarters combat, which it surely will, Hela will have the odds stacked against her. Hela has shown to have little to nothing in her arsenal to help her against an onslaught of attacks other than her speed. When Thor tried striking her with his lightning cloak equipped, he had Hela on her heels trying to maneuver around him and find an opening to make a gap between them. Hela won't have that luxury here as Diana is faster than Thor is and also more reach since she uses a sword in combat. Hela also has no actual form of defense in direct combat, her only tactics of defending are evading and using her arms to block an attack, the first time being when she fought Thor in the Bifrost and the second when she fought Thor in the palace with Gungnir. Hela using her arms to defend agaisnt any sword slash from Diana will result in her losing that arm.

All this said, Hela's only real advantage is in a ranged battle and her opponents can easily close the gap on her and prevent her from using ranged attacks seeing as they pretty much all did.

Honestly, Hela isn't winning this.

#38 Edited by deltahuman (5062 posts) - - Show Bio

What's new in this. I think there's a similar thread with thousands of posts. No consensus yet on who wins, Hela or Diana.

My take- Hela is probably stronger than Diana but that doesn't mean shit here. This is not a fist fight. She simply doesn't have to combat speed or reaction speed feats to fight Diana and survive a decapitation. Even severed arms will incapacitate Hela. Diana has shown in multiple instances that she kills, cuts off arms etc. and if she can dodge and block a barrage of supersonic bullets easily, dodging Hela's swords won't even be an issue. Plus she has got that bracelet blast/shield thing to block projectiles and keep Hela away as well. Diana is the prefect answer to Hela. She kills Hela sooner or later.

#39 Posted by KingLouie (3568 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by GranPkt (207 posts) - - Show Bio

They got into close quarter combat.

Diana speedblitz around Hela and did this

No Caption Provided

Hela shrugged it off and backhanded Diana, and then did this to the surprised and staggered Diana

No Caption Provided

#41 Posted by RL4 (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242:

The thing is, Hela only does throws multiple blades when she has a huge gap between her and her opponents; the Valkyries, the Einherjar, Hogun, Thor and Valkyrie. You can watch all of those and witness that the second a opponent gets within 10 feet of her, she'll prefer to do close quarters combat.

That's a totally fair analysis. I think it's perfectly reasonable to restrict these character to the confines of their respective fighting styles and past performances.

As you said correctly, Hela DOES in fact tend to change up her fighting style when engaged in single or multi-combat situations, favoring hand to hand and blade spamming respectively.

Let's push the goal post back and she actually does this to Diana, there's nothing about her volley of blades that Diana can't prepare for, so holds no true advantage. She deflects them while running toward Hela much like Hogun did and she ceases using this attack as she has to find another means to put her opponent down.

I will disagree that Diana can react to a volley of blades. She'd proven herself to be proficient in blocking/deflecting single projectiles, or a handful of projectiles in specific situations, however, she's yet to display the ability to block or deflect a volley of simultaneously moving projectiles, which can target her rather exposed body in multiple areas at once.

Given however that we want to keep this in character as much as possible, I can accept that a volley of blades would not be typical of Hela in single combat.

Diana is more than fast enough to close any gap between her and Hela efficiently too. Her showings against Ares, Doomsday and the assassin in the bar are enough to think getting close won't be a problem. Let's not forget that she won't be vulnerable when charging forward either since she has a shield to protect her from any blades Hela throws at her.

I Agree. Diana is definitely very fast, and well protected with her assortment of magical gear. The gap isn't going to be a huge factor in this fight.

When this becomes close quarters combat, which it surely will, Hela will have the odds stacked against her. Hela has shown to have little to nothing in her arsenal to help her against an onslaught of attacks other than her speed.

Well I wholly disagree here. Hela's close combat, while it relies on speed, relies on a number of her superhuman attributes.

• Hela heals from fatal injuries in seconds, and is unphased by them.
  • Hela is durable enough to stop Gungir's blade dead in it's tracks, wielded by Thor of all people.
  • Hela is durable enough to no-sell Asgardian defense guns.
  • Hela is strong enough to crush Mjolnir with one hand, and physically manhandle Thor.

I think you are totally mistaken about who is at a disadvantage in a close quarters fight. Hela is physically stronger than Diana, (Breaking Mjolnir, and overpowering Thor, a person several times more physically strong than Diana), She is more durable than Diana (Excluding Diana's magical armor and trinkets, which don't provide full cover), and can heal immediately from basically any injury Diana is capable of inflicting.

When Thor tried striking her with his lightning cloak equipped, he had Hela on her heels trying to maneuver around him and find an opening to make a gap between them. Hela won't have that luxury here as Diana is faster than Thor is and also more reach since she uses a sword in combat.

Diana is certainly faster on foot, and has greater bursts of speed, but her ability to apply that speed to her fighting is non-existent. Her speed didn't help her against Ares, who had no speed feats, it did not help her against Steppenwolf, who had no speed feats, and it did her few favors against Doomsday, who was a fast opponent in his own way.

Additionally, the 'Diana has more reach' argument is a bit silly. Thor fought Hela with Gungir, and a random sword, and his Lightning aura, all of which granted him reach, and none of those things gave him much help.

And besides that, Hela spontaneously creates her own reach when she wants to.

Hela also has no actual form of defense in direct combat, her only tactics of defending are evading and using her arms to block an attack, the first time being when she fought Thor in the Bifrost and the second when she fought Thor in the palace with Gungnir.

Hela's best defense, is usually her offensive moves.

Hela using her arms to defend agaisnt any sword slash from Diana will result in her losing that arm.

That requires the bold assumption that Diana's sword is significantly more 'powerful' for lack of a better word than Gungir, a blade she stooped dead cold on her arms, wielded by Thor, a physically stronger warrior with superior striking feats than Diana.

Here's where you and I will disagree the most. I'm certain, that If Diana swung her blade at Hela, Hela would have no problem whatsoever catching, and breaking her sword with one hand down to the hilt. I'm basing that on her showings against Mjolnir and Gungir, the two prominent magical weapons Hela's encountered.

All this said, Hela's only real advantage is in a ranged battle and her opponents can easily close the gap on her and prevent her from using ranged attacks seeing as they pretty much all did.

Honestly, Hela isn't winning this.

Hela's got the advantage in the ranged fight, and the melee. She wins this. It's more or less obvious by this point, and most people know it, as evidenced by this poll, and the plethora of duplicate threads devoted to this topic most of which have reached the same conclusion.

I'd wait until Wonder Woman's next movie, and things might change for her there. Until then, Hela wins 8/10 times.

#42 Posted by MErulezall (3897 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela wins every time

#43 Posted by Bayman007 (2491 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Wonder Woman.

#44 Posted by DammeFavour (8603 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol...dude said hela would break Diana's sword. Even doomsday couldn't break it

#45 Posted by Nucleon (3877 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela wins every time

But but but what if WW use the Power of Love ???

Loading Video...

#46 Edited by Nucleon (3877 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman: She simply doesn't have to combat speed or reaction speed feats to fight Diana and survive a decapitation. Even severed arms will incapacitate Hela. Diana has shown in multiple instances that she kills, cuts off arms etc.

Your scenario (it isn't solely yours) is flawed. In case you missed it the 542 first times it was explained to you, here it is again: You have no basis to write that Hela can be hurt, wounded or maimed. It never happened, in spite of all the extreme physical means used against her, before Asgard was being destroyed. No wounds, no healing, not a drop of blood, not even a pause in Hela's stride. Nothing. It's like attacking an immaterial ghost. "Yeah, but what if I chop the ghost's head, huh?" Yeah, right.

Here's what I think would happen if WW (or anyone, really) tried: The blade will go right through Hela's neck, or arm, whatever, then exit the body leaving it still attached and whole. As if the attack was immaterial, like all physical attacks Hela took.

It's a silly, desperate, improvised and infantile "solution" you are using. It's like me saying that Cap America can beat Superman by kicking him in the gonads, a sure win since Superman never has been shown surviving a kick in the nutsack. And besides it really hurts.

Hela beats WW 10/10. In fact, there isn't a chance in a gazillion WW can win, unless she does exactly what they did in Ragnarok and somehow manages to destroy Asgard.

#47 Edited by Nucleon (3877 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: Unless you are ready to admit that Doomsday was vulnerable to magical weapons, there's nothing that sets any of WW's swords apart from any other generic sword, or Harley Quinn's bat. One was being disintegrated by Ares, the other one sold nothing against Steppenwolf.

#48 Posted by DammeFavour (8603 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc
#49 Posted by deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

C'moon putting Hela against Wonder Woman is like putting Magikarp against Mewtwo

#50 Posted by MethoKi (12588 posts) - - Show Bio

@rl4: don't feel a need to respond point by point but I get the gist of your argument and here's where I disagree;

Hela may have stopped Gungnirs blade in its tracks, but that blade itself has no real feats outside of running through Hela already. Diana's sword surpasses that simply by cutting Doomsday who endured a nuke, which is far more impressive than anything Hela has done.

Hela isn't durable, per second, either. She's just invincible to the point that she doesn't feel much. She just has a great pain threshold. To say she's pretty durable would mean that she would've never been cut or ran through by blades and we've seen that happen about 4 times in her appearance.

Hela may be stronger but it won't matter that much since Diana isn't going in a H2H battle, she's coming with complete gear. We're gonna have to use Hela's fighting style as reference again; her strength only mattered when she was successfully able to counter Thor and she was barely ever able to do that. If Diana gives her a barrage of strikes, she has no choice but to back pedal as she has no other defenses. Her arms will be cut by Dianas sword if she uses them. Diana's own fighting style when faced with actual threats involves slashing of weak points and dismembering as opposed to fodder where she only goes for stabs.