Vs

The Greek God of War
The Greek God of War

Rules:

• Random encounter. No knowledge.
  • Standard gears.
  • In character.
  • Win by any means.
  • Fight takes place at the same location where Ares fought Diana.
  • Starts 100 ft apart.
#2 Posted by FangDaNerd (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you seen it? I heard it came out in UK today.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a220d15cc740
#3 Posted by deactivated-5a220d15cc740 (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you seen it? I heard it came out in UK today.

I will soon. I just wanted to make this, lol.

#4 Posted by FangDaNerd (1100 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (8696 posts) - - Show Bio

Base on the trailer, I think Hela can win. DCEU Ares was a sad joke imho.

#6 Posted by SuperHulk24 (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel fans will pick Hela

DC fans will pick Ares

The circle will continue.

#7 Posted by scavengerFist (1865 posts) - - Show Bio

Will judge after watching Thor: Ragnarok. Good matchup tho.

Avatar image for ithemanwithoutfeari
#8 Posted by ITheManWithoutFearI (6495 posts) - - Show Bio

DC fans will pick Ares

Good thing that I am a fan of both.

#9 Posted by rogueshadow (24913 posts) - - Show Bio

DC fans will pick Ares

Indeed.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
#10 Posted by ProteusXManRxis (806 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela stomps.

#11 Posted by RCU (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Going by hype, Hela should stomp.

#12 Edited by deactivated-5a220d15cc740 (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope this is not a mismatch.

#13 Posted by Outside_85 (18778 posts) - - Show Bio

Base on the trailer, I think Hela can win. DCEU Ares was a sad joke imho.

Based on the trailer Hela can throw some swords and squash a hammer. The swords at least aren't a threat to Ares who can just throw them right back at her.

#14 Posted by DammeFavour (5354 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: how anyone can call ares a joke is beyond me

#15 Posted by HellionVulcan (5923 posts) - - Show Bio

A day and a half til i see it but as of right now backing Hela.

#16 Posted by GeorgeWBush (8068 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela whips his ass

#17 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: His best physical feats are at best room level. He lost to WW while ww was in a state so weak(compared to current ww) that she could not rip apart tank tires and got hurt by being somewhat close to a mid sized explosion.He died to lighting reflecting.

#18 Edited by DammeFavour (5354 posts) - - Show Bio
and that was casual
and that was casual

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: yeah sure.....that weak wonder woman was flipping armored tracks, throwing tanks and destroying church towers, and no she wasn't hurt by the explosions. plus she was literally engulfed in it and got absolutely no damage

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

she couldn't escape escape the tracks because ares was actively manipulating it. he's only been hurt by lightning when it comes from a god, same thing happened with zeus, he's immune to lightning itself

#19 Posted by drudged (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela stomps hard, and I say this after watching the movie.

#20 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: crushing quarter of a ww1 tank is still room level. Slowly throwing tanks is room level too. Throwing a tank 100 meters(way higher than what ww did) is still large room level. Explosion had multiple centers so only 1/30th or less of the energy was taken by her and yet she was dazed for a few seconds. Ares was manipulating it yes but the force he was applying was not enough to reduce its thickness much. So that too is at the very best 500-1000 ton feat. Which is room level.

Ares is at the very best(going by feats) few thousand tonner while hela's grip strength is billion tons if that feat has no context. Hela just crushes him.

#21 Edited by DammeFavour (5354 posts) - - Show Bio

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: lol......sure mate. you can't be serious with your billion tons, if she has nothing close it just brings mjolnir's durability into question

#22 Posted by Theanalyser (1209 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela should stomp

#23 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: Why not ? Mjolnir is forged inside a star ie in 2 billion tons/square inch. Hela crushes it. Its that simple. That feat alone puts her near doomsday level who at best took tens of billion tons/meter pressure from the nuke. Hela just rips ares in half.

#24 Posted by DammeFavour (5354 posts) - - Show Bio

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: that statement might not be literal, its that simple. odin also claims its a weapon with no equal and we know that's false cos a nuke is so much more powerful

#25 Posted by foxerdes (7326 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela will probably be a too powerful too defeat in a straight fight type of villain. Ares was one in the past but Diana fough severaly weakend version. I would be glad if this match-up turned out to be a fair fight, but it seems like she will be too much.

#26 Edited by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: mjolnir >>> any nuke in energy output. It overcharged the vibranium spiral to an extreme degree(ironmans screen showed its more than %500). The spiral burns energy on gigaton level. It was enough to make a decent mountain sized rock accelerate to 2000m/s enough to catch fire. Also a nuke is one use only mjolnir is not +It always comes bact to user+

Worthyness enc.Even when it came back to thor from space it had nuke level kinetic energy. Also what metaphorical meaning can 'forged in the heart of a dying star' have other than inside a red giant ?

#27 Posted by DammeFavour (5354 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Outside_85 (18778 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes said:

Hela will probably be a too powerful too defeat in a straight fight type of villain. Ares was one in the past but Diana fough severaly weakend version. I would be glad if this match-up turned out to be a fair fight, but it seems like she will be too much.

To be honest, I don't get that impression of her. She is powerful, undoubtedly, but too powerful to fight? No. Thats what Surtur is for.

Also, we dont know the exact nature of Hela. Like the comics, she could be singling out Thor because she wants him or his spirit. But otherwise she is actually more of a grim-reaper/psychopomp who simply appears when someone is about to die... like she appears in Asgard to gloat and have a front line sear to watch as Surtur burns it to the ground.

#29 Posted by rogueshadow (24913 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela. Different level.

#30 Edited by APEX_pretador (14329 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by foxerdes (7326 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Outside_85 (18778 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes said:

@outside_85: Oh, did you watch the movie?

No, I am just speculating based on the trailers... which we do see Agard getting destroyed by a wave of fire.

#33 Edited by foxerdes (7326 posts) - - Show Bio

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: That's some bad fan-calc, reminds me of certain user. Anyway, unless Hela had strength feats on similar level, then it's impossible to tell if breaking Mjolnir should be attributed to pure strength or magic. Unless you have seen the movie and know something I don't.

#34 Posted by uugieboogie (12196 posts) - - Show Bio

That gif of Ares in the OP is pretty badass.

#35 Posted by deactivated-5a220d15cc740 (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

That gif of Ares in the OP is pretty badass.

I specialize at making awesome gifs :p

#36 Posted by uugieboogie (12196 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_fallen_lord: I was getting tired of seeing that image of his action figure being used in his threads lol.

#37 Posted by Thorthunder98 (4753 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela. Different level.

I take this statement to be more true than anyone else considering he's actually seen the movie everyone else is speculating off spoilers they've read.

Will see it tonight myself too.

#38 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes: how is it bad ? Go read it. Star core pressure is 2x10^9 tons/sq inch.

#39 Edited by foxerdes (7326 posts) - - Show Bio

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: Go read some others fan calculations, I can post few that says Flash has nuke durability and Gandalf has subsonic movement speed or some bullsh**t. Long story short, most of fan calculations are laughably unreliable. Unless Hela displayed similar strength feats and it's 100% confirmed that she didn't use magic/powers, don't expect anybody to take those numbers seriously.

#40 Edited by MisterWhisper (5838 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes said:

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: Go read some others fan calculations, I can post few that says Flash has nuke durability and Gandalf has subsonic movement speed or some bullsh**t. Long story short, most of fan calculations are laughably unreliable. Unless Hela displayed similar strength feats and it's 100% confirmed that she didn't use magic/powers, don't expect anybody to take those numbers seriously.

More to the point, writers are not scientists, physicists and often times do not even understand highschool level science in general, they do not write and plan the things in comics to be based on science and actual math, especially waters of people like Flash, Thor or other higher end people. They just write something that sounds cool and will sell comics and ignore actual math and science.

The panel of Flash evacuating a city and the writer says it is just a hair under light speed even though he would have to be going 1000's of times faster than that to do what he did is a perfect example. If a writer of a story does something very powerful they do not care if it makes sense they just do it.

That is one of the main reason I prefer lower powered people most of the time unless their plot or character is very interesting.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#41 Posted by plotweapon16255 (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterwhisper: he is talking about Arrowverse Barry.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/cw-barrys-tolerance-to-sonic-attack-1886512/

#42 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes: And i can prove those calculations wrong. Prove mine wrong. Some random dude being wrong does not make me wrong too. Just look it up yourself if you do not trust me.

#43 Edited by foxerdes (7326 posts) - - Show Bio

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: Up. Your calculations would make perfect sense in real life, in fiction they aren't not applicable unless Hela's consistent power level is like that. Even without watching the movie I can tell that it's not.

#44 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes: so are we gonna cal every feat unquantifiable since an author can be ignorent of the feat's implications ? I bet %70 of writers dont know how much energy it takes to level a city or blow up a planet. Are those unquantifiable too ?

#45 Posted by foxerdes (7326 posts) - - Show Bio

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: There such things as consistency, outliers and other terms used when we debate fictional characters. Unless Hela's consistent (usual) strength feats suggest that she is as ridiculously strong as you claim, such showing should be branded as outlier because Hele never demonstrated such strength level ever again. Writers ignorange is usually at fault. Add to that the fact that she could simply use magic to perform the feat, not physical strength. Usually people hotly debate whether a feat is an outlier or not, there is no need for that here though. Chances that Hela is as strong as you claim, are like zero.

#46 Posted by MisterWhisper (5838 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterwhisper: he is talking about Arrowverse Barry.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/cw-barrys-tolerance-to-sonic-attack-1886512/

I know, I am just using the biggest example of writers not knowing anything about physics that people use all the time.

#47 Posted by BabyDarkseid (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

i wonder though how long will hela be on screen for the final act 3 minutes like kurse?

#48 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes: Why would it be an outlier ? Most attacks in fiction do nearly no colleteral damage so we cant go by her other hits. Nearly every nuke feat is hundred billion ton resistence feat so i dont think its unlikely. Billion ton crushing strength is only town level or so.

#49 Posted by The_Red_Devil (1225 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard Hela was so powerful , Thor needed Surtur's help to defeat her , if that's true Hela should win.

#50 Edited by foxerdes (7326 posts) - - Show Bio

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2:

Why would it be an outlier

Because her other feats arguably won't be on that level. I don't even have to see the movie to claim that.

Most attacks in fiction do nearly no colleteral damage so we cant go by her other hits.

We can deduce her striking strength based on enemies she managed to hurt with it and such feats as sending someone flying or creating shockwaves, if that's what you meant. If Hela was that strong the she would make a short work of Thor and the others simply because she would be laughably stronger. At some point you will find out that the feat you are using doesn't match her other showings at all. Once again, untill her others feats suggest such strength level, this feat and calculation in general is ambiguous at best. Not to mention the possibility of using some kind of power or magic, not pure strength.