MCU Hela or MCU Thanos: who is stronger?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fda0e622d0fa
deactivated-5fda0e622d0fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll MCU Hela or MCU Thanos: who is stronger? (69 votes)

Hela 58%
Thanos 42%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I'm leaning towards Thanos, way more consistent i guess.

• 
xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destroying Mjolnir is above pretty much anything Thanos has done.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destroying Mjolnir is above pretty much anything Thanos has done.

I'm not sure it was physical strenght, could have been magic or an outlier i guess. Not sure who's stronger so i made the thread. Crushing tesseract and overpowering Hulk is no joke.

Odimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos.

DCEU Superman one hands em both, tho.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Eredin12  Online

Hela, crushing Mjolnir is above any feat Thanos has

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: Are you going to counter my point or not? I wanna know why you keep saying that.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Eredin12  Online

@doomquestz: Why would i have to counter what you are talking about with another person?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: Why you bring up Snyder and say he's great and BvS scene, do you legit hate Nolan so much to prefer BvS? Lol, I like BvS but that's a huge stretch.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@doomquestz: Detective dont be salty and bring that in threads completely unrelated to it

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela

Odimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: Awakened Thor was shown stronger than Hela, manhandling and throwing her on the Bifrost, pressing the attack and making her dodge blows. Thanos bodied Thor not once but twice and was shown at least slightly stronger in there struggle for stormbreaker.

By direct scaling Thanos is stronger. You continue to prove why no one should respect or take MCU debaters seriously.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: I can do what i want, answer my question first. I want this to be clarified, are you joking or do you seriously believe BvS and Snyder are better? Or you think he's a great director?

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@doomquestz: I am obviously joking with that, Synder is decent i guess( liked his Watchmen) but Nolan is obviously far better, but agian this should be so obvious, you should not even try to ask that

Avatar image for panda_emperorix
panda_emperorix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would go with Thanos due to how he's written and the fact that Thor couldn't really put up a fight against him at all in the end

JOSHN05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, hela could've infused her hand with the same magic she uses for her blades to pierce things. Some people here claim her blades went through uru, so it would make sense canonically. Thanos is probably naturally stronger and hela is stronger when boosting herself with magic. Asgard does make her more powerful after all and replenished her power after being locked away by Odin. Thanos does seem to have better striking power without any weapons though even with Hela using magic. Hela's kick on Hogun is something Thanos should be able to replicate. Thanos can punch Mjolnir away and the flat side of SB. He also ko'd Thor and Hulk with striking. Hela tried finishing Thor by crushing his throat, which almost ko'd Thor. But striking without blades doesn't seem to be Hela's specialty.

Thanos is the strongest MCU humanoid without using magic or special energy to boost strength. It's all pure muscle. There's no way Hela is stronger without magic. Thanos seems to have better lifting and striking power while Hela has better crushing/grip power. It's when something is in her grip that she seems at her strongest physically. Thanos meanwhile gets notable ko's through punches and kicks. However, he did choke Loki to death with low effort and crush the tesseract, so not too far behind in crushing power either.

For anyone who may bring up Thanos struggling to hold back SB and Mjolnir with ONE arm, Thor was using Gungnir (weaker than SB) and going unarmed against Hela. He had no tk connection with Gungnir nor did he know how to channel energy with it. His eyes also were glowing (using part of his awakening mode) against Thanos and he was using all his strength and adrenaline to push the hammers towards his throat. Hela never overpowered a weapon on the level of SB (that also has a tk link with Thor) that could take her head off. If a fodder Asgardian sword can go right through Hela, then SB is a threat and its power is no joke when charged up.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one has explained how Hela crushing Mjolnir is anything other than strength. There was nothing implying it wasn't strength. We literally see her squeeze her fingers and crush the metal. I don't know why people are still coming up with weird head canon when nothing else was implied. It's not contradicted by any feats and was meant to establish her power.

That feat alone makes Hela stronger. She also overpowered Thor casually with one hand which is better than any of Thanos's strength confrontations with Thor.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By destinyman75

@odimm: are you smoking something? Lol Hela easily manhandled Thor

Witj one hand she restrained him against the wall in the throne room which thanos couldn't do . Thor with both arms couldn't budge her one hand around his throat. Far Beyond Anything Thanos showed. Crushing mjolnir was pure strength as well because there was no enchanment yet on the hammer.

Even catching mjolnir and holding it in place with one hand Over Thor's power over it when she'd just came out not even in Asgard yet further shows her Obvious strength advantage. She was toying with him. Thanos while slightly stronger then Thor was still having a harder time against Thor

Avatar image for deactivated-601ac24c0b37b
deactivated-601ac24c0b37b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^This^

I’ve seen nothing but head canon suggesting she used magic to crush it.

Also once Hela got her bearings she stomped Thor on the Bridge. We also still don’t know if Thanos Beat Thor one in one or if the Black Order helped.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela of course.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Motm and detective, a treat as always

anyways

No Caption Provided

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatwave666: Yeah it was strength that head cannon has been Debunked already. One there was no enchanment when she had it. He who holds the hammer shall posses the power of THOR not hela. Second she just emerged from captivity and wasn't at her full strength etc list goes on. The way she had him one hand choking (toying). He was using both arms didn't budge her and she wasn't even trying to choke him out just show she was better

GarouHM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think Hela kills Thanos in a fight.

Alisupo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela wins

Enigma22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean are we talking like Thanos with the IG?

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did Thor need to destroy a planet to beat Thanos in Infinity War or start of Endgame? Thor has killed or nearly killed Thanos twice. He never had a chance vs Hela and had to destroy his home just to beat her.

KevinforGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odimm said:

Thanos.

DCEU Superman one hands em both, tho.

Till today i never understand why you fanboys brings Dceu in every MCU debate.. .... (It looks like you're insecure of someone beating your precious comicbook character)

And Hela>Thanos>superman....Together they one-shot Superman

KevinforGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela is stronger than Mcu Thanos. And neither can Thanos defeat the whole Army of Asgard like Hela did and neither can he survive the greatest lightning that hela survived .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75:

Exactly. The only thing that amaze Thor look like his strength was amped was the lightning. Hela would crush his head given the chance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevinforgod:

Well to be fair Hela did get stabbed in the back so she would have died without her healing factor.

Drax5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos, Thor was somewhat comparable to but weaker than Hela, he was no match for Thanos.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: I mean, Hela's blades use magic to pierce almost anything. We don't get visual indicators all the time for magic. Sometimes we see Asgardian blades glow, sometimes we don't. Magic in the Thor trilogy was vague. But the fact that both Mjolnir and Hela have magic makes it debatable what actually happened in Thor3. Hela did once use Mjolnir and may know its weakness.

Some people here say her blades can go through uru. If this is true, then Hela amping herself with the same colorless magic her blades use to destroy Mjolnir is possible. Hela doesn't crush Mjolnir right away and that may be due to her sending the necessary magic to her hand. We see magic in play more clearly when Hela heals, but even then, it's not very flashy and visble for a moment. Thor movies really need to clarify what is and is not magic. Bc you can argue the average Asgardian warriors don't use magical weapons in Thor 3 while Thor 2 shows that many do.

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyways

No Caption Provided

Why is everyone ignoring this? Is it legit??

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheGrat1 said:
@rajjarsalt said:

anyways

No Caption Provided

Why is everyone ignoring this? Is it legit??

Obviously not.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebake:

I mean, Hela's blades use magic to pierce almost anything. We don't get visual indicators all the time for magic. Sometimes we see Asgardian blades glow, sometimes we don't. Magic in the Thor trilogy was vague. But the fact that both Mjolnir and Hela have magic makes it debatable what actually happened in Thor3. Hela did once use Mjolnir and may know its weakness.

I don't think that just because the Asgardians have "magical" abilities we should assume everything they do is just magic. You can come up with ideas to debunk almost any feat particularly when it relates to a magic. But when nothing visually via statements, or via narrative is remotely implying it than it shouldn't be done.

This reminds me of when people said that Diana's sword only cut Doomsday due to Kryptonian's weakness to magic(something that actually exists in the comics). I've never agreed with this at all though. When nothing is implying that the feat isn't what we clearly see and all implication indicates that it is indeed as it appears than we don't need to come up with some weird head canon abilities/weaknesses that were never implied.

Overall again nothing at all implies that there's some magical weakness to Mjolnir. We don't see her use any magical ability other than super strength. It was never stated to be magic. There's nothing implying it was anything other than strength. This feat was pretty clearly meant to indicate to everyone that Hela was on another level power wise. Loki even notes this as a reason that Hela was "stronger" than both he and Thor.

Some people here say her blades can go through uru. If this is true, then Hela amping herself with the same colorless magic her blades use to destroy Mjolnir is possible. Hela doesn't crush Mjolnir right away and that may be due to her sending the necessary magic to her hand. We see magic in play more clearly when Hela heals, but even then, it's not very flashy and visble for a moment. Thor movies really need to clarify what is and is not magic. Bc you can argue the average Asgardian warriors don't use magical weapons in Thor 3 while Thor 2 shows that many do.

Again nothing at all implies this. We never see any implication of it.

Her power to conjure swords was clearly noted. Her power to heal was clearly noted IIRC. I find it hard to believe that in the primary feat meant to indicate her power level she randomly used some extraordinary magical ability that we can't see at all and they don't note it in any way.

Overall, you have to reach pretty far IMO to assume that this is anything other than what we see, which is her squeeze her fingers and crack Mjolnir like an egg.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drax5343: How He did far better against Thanos then Hela?. While laying down he fighting Thanos who had the leverage advantage . Hela with one hand was holding Thor against the wall Using all his strength both arms couldn't budge Helas one hand in the slightest..plus her crushing mjolnir while he was getting smacked by it shows pretty easily Hela is stronger here

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By destinyman75

@TheGrat1: No it's a fake account made up by someone who wanted it to be True

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd65b62a4497
deactivated-5fd65b62a4497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela. She broke Mjolnir in a weakened state.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: Exactly, There is nothing to show it was some Magic at all merely a crushing hand

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for hydratedfubuki6
HydratedFubuki6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela. I also believe that they followed the power hierarchy in the comics where Hela's stronger.