Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 anthp2000  Moderator
Gamora (Avengers: Infinity War)
Gamora (Avengers: Infinity War)
Corvus Glaive (Avengers: Infinity War)
Corvus Glaive (Avengers: Infinity War)
  • Current versions at Full Health
  • Standard Gear - Gamora has the Godslayer and her Switchblade, Corvus has the Glaive
  • Morals Off / In Character
  • Battle in Scottland, starting distance 10 ft.

When these 2 Children of Thanos do battle, who will come out on top?

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamora

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gamora

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Latis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamora

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamora was Thanos’s most deadlly Warrior aside from Maw I believe.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamora

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamora

Avatar image for deactivated-5c30485311cf6
deactivated-5c30485311cf6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Corvus by feats. Gamora by reputation.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rogueshadow  Moderator

I think Gamora would probably win if it happened, but Corvus has better feats.

Avatar image for deactivated-60cedd66cf0a6
deactivated-60cedd66cf0a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol from what i know Gamora is fodder and yet people are saying Gamora.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c30485311cf6
deactivated-5c30485311cf6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that's something lolworthy.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd said:

Corvus by feats. Gamora by reputation.

I think Gamora would probably win if it happened, but Corvus has better feats.

These two. Basically imo Corvus is more impressive, but they'd have Gamora win. I'd rep Corvus in a CaV or something like that if I had to, though, since feats > everything else.

Also this. MCU Gamora is so overrated. Not fodder, but not impressive.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just like with the Proxima fight, if they were written to fight in-universe, Gamora would win. She was Thanos’ favorite child, one he thought would sit on his throne one day, and his only child he actually cared that he lost.

But this is Comicvine so “muh feats over anything”.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4
deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't understand what she did that was so impressive... despite her reputation she failed to do nearly everything we saw, she clearly struggled with Nebula who is on the bottom of the list for Thanos... her reputation isn't enough here IMO

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: on comicvine there is only ONE thing that overtakes feats.. Speed.

The hierarchy is

Speed

Feats/ Lifting Strength are on equal footing, with maybe lifting strength a little higher.

Logic.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamora.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Corvus by feats. He was fighting against Dora Milaje and other Wakandans which is a better skill feat than any Gamora has. He'll win.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: On that note, do you think that Gamora *can’t* fight off Dora Milaje and Wakandan soldiers? This is a woman who was the favorite child of Thanos (which means Thanos preferred her over Corvus), someone he thought would take his place on his throne (again by Thanos’ own admission he believed Gamora not Corvus would take over for him), trained her entire life by Thanos and his other minions (Thanos himself being an expertly trained fighter and unbeatable in combat), and regarded by both Thanos and via reputation in GotG to be the deadliest woman in the galaxy.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: In universe sure. Feat wise she can't deal with them with that level of ease. They have better skill feats than her honestly.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By buildhare

Being the favorite child doesn't make her the best, unless we're seriously going to argue she beats Cull or Maw.

Corvus stomps her.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being the favorite child doesn't make her the best, unless we're seriously going to argue she beats Cull or Maw.

Corvus stomps her.

Huh. We have stuff we agree on. Hope for CV increases.

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Corvus actually stomps:

- outmaneuvering vision twice

- Blocking vision's laser with the edge of his blade

- Low diff cap hand to hand

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare: Good thing that’s not the only reason I mentioned. Or did you just ignore the other 90% of what I wrote?

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas:

The first two statements aren't even relevant to combat (She'd be a better ruler so she wins in a fight? Really?), the third is likely true for all of them and the deadliest woman in the galaxy line can't be measured. It's certainly not straight up "best female combatant in the galaxy" because anyone from the Ancient One and Wanda to Valkyrie would stomp her easily.

At the end of the day that's what it comes down to, you're placing vague, unrelated, unquantifiable statements over cold hard feats and saying that despite a massive disparity in showings Gamora is better than people that are clearly and obviously leagues above, solely because of a few throwaway lines.

Dizney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Corvus stomps. Gamora is weak. People think because she is Thanos' favorite that she has to be the best of all his "children"? Get real.

krispy808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Corvious should win handily.

sportjames23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b7e80292ee2d
deactivated-5b7e80292ee2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Corvus beats her. His weapon is awesome and he did well against Vision and Cap's squad.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Corvus carves her up

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare: They don’t have to pertain directly to combat to apply to her. Thanos was the one who trained her, do you really think he’d spend more quality time training Corvus, someone he didn’t give a rat’s ass when he died, or someone who he thinks can take over the throne for him and who’s his favorite child? Little common sense helps out a bunch.

Of course the third is true for all of them. We straight up have the Russo brothers tell us that Thanos turned all of his children into killers. The fact that Gamora is his favorite should tell you something about her skills, unless you think Thanos only took a liking to her cause she’s green or something stupid like that.

I don’t give a damn if her “most dangerous woman in the galaxy” can’t be “measured”. That’s her reputation. I’ll give you three guesses as to how she got it, though if you need more than one that should tell you something.

No, at the end of the day, what it comes down to is Thanos, a being who has been conquering planets for a millennia, who’s a highly trained fighter and unbeatable in combat, chose Gamora to be his successor over his other adopted children (which includes the “clearly and obviously leagues above” Corvus), was the one responsible for her training, which in turn was responsible for her getting her reputation as “the most dangerous woman in the universe”. Saying that’s “vague” and “unrelated” is straight up laughable. But like I already mentioned above (seems you have a problem reading so I’ll mention it again), leave it to a Battle Forum junkie to only look at the “c0ld hArd feaTs” and ignore certain things like common sense and in-universe logic.

“Throwaway lines” don’t make me laugh. Hell if I wanted I could bring up the quote saying that some members of the Black Order are only “as powerful” as Gamora and Nebula. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out who those members could be.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas:

They don’t have to pertain directly to combat to apply to her. Thanos was the one who trained her, do you really think he’d spend more quality time training Corvus, someone he didn’t give a rat’s ass when he died, or someone who he thinks can take over the throne for him and who’s his favorite child? Little common sense helps out a bunch.

Did your parents select their favorite child via death match? Obviously not indicative of ability and repeating it doesn't make it so.

Of course the third is true for all of them. We straight up have the Russo brothers tell us that Thanos turned all of his children into killers. The fact that Gamora is his favorite should tell you something about her skills, unless you think Thanos only took a liking to her cause she’s green or something stupid like that.

I'd go with her stubborn personality and determination.

I don’t give a damn if her “most dangerous woman in the galaxy” can’t be “measured”. That’s her reputation. I’ll give you three guesses as to how she got it, though if you need more than one that should tell you something.

Make an Ancient One v Gamora thread, or Scarlet Witch, or Hela, or even Valk. Do the same with Corvus and Cull. Really take your pick, because they're all as one sided as they come. A single statement (and yes, the fact there's nothing behind it and it can't be measured is important) shouldn't contradict showings, feats or using your damn eyes.

But like I already mentioned above (seems you have a problem reading so I’ll mention it again), leave it to a Battle Forum junkie to only look at the “c0ld hArd feaTs” and ignore certain things like common sense and in-universe logic.

If we got another throw away title vaguely implying Gamora could out muscle the Hulk, I trust you'd be the one dumb enough to believe it.

Seriously, based on what you're saying here you think these are fair;

• Hela v Gamora
  • Ebony Maw v Gamora
  • Scarlet Witch v Gamora
  • Ancient One v Gamora
  • Valk v Gamora
  • Cull Obsidian v Gamora

Given the amount of vitriol you're giving me for just reiterating that characters need feats to support throw away lines I think you'd be best just making the threads you so resolutely believe are fair and letting everyone decide.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Corvus was matching/beating Vision (and was shown to be physically on par it seemed). That's far above Gamora's physical abilities tbh. Hard for me to see Gamora winning, even in-universe without a lot of context (see Black Widow's "fight" with Corvus).

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ThunderPrince

Corvus stomps. Feats>baseless statements.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheVivas

@buildhare:

Did your parents select their favorite child via death match? Obviously not indicative of ability and repeating it doesn't make it so.

Is my parent a mad Titan who kidnaps children and turns them into killers to help them go around conquering planets?

I'd go with her stubborn personality and determination.

Right, cause it's not like Nebula herself has those traits. Oh wait.

Make an Ancient One v Gamora thread, or Scarlet Witch, or Hela, or even Valk. Do the same with Corvus and Cull. Really take your pick, because they're all as one sided as they come. A single statement (and yes, the fact there's nothing behind it and it can't be measured is important) shouldn't contradict showings, feats or using your damn eyes.

Don't need to, seeing as how I'm not using that statement to actually claim she's the most dangerous woman in the galaxy. I mean seriously, reading comprehension can't be that hard for you.

It would need to be measured if I was actually using that statement and that one statement alone to actually claim that she can beat Hela or the Ancient One.

If we got another throw away title vaguely implying Gamora could out muscle the Hulk, I trust you'd be the one dumb enough to believe it.

Seeing as how Hulk didn't get any of your precious "cold hard feats" in Infinity War, why not? Feats > everything else right? Or does that only apply when you want it to?

Seriously, based on what you're saying here you think these are fair;

Seriously, based on what you're saying here you need to take the stick out of your ass. Nice assumptions.

Hela v Gamora

Obvious mismatch. Where in this thread have you seen me say anything remotely close to "since Gamora has a reputation of the most dangerous woman in the galaxy, she obviously is and can beat any woman in the MCU?" Show me where I stated anything of that sort. If not, stop putting words in my mouth.

Ebony Maw v Gamora

Don't need to. We know from portrayal and word from the directors that there are members of the Black Order that are "more powerful" than Gamora. Does this need to be spoon fed to you?

Scarlet Witch v Gamora

Terrible example. Wanda should have been able to take out Proxima and Corvus on her own based on "cold hard feats", the fact that Proxima could give her a decent fight means Gamora would to. Unless of course we take the most basic, black and white approach to these fictional battle as possible and shout "MUH FEATS".

Ancient One v Gamora

What's funny is how badly you misinterpret what I say to put words in my mouth and assume to know what I'm actually thinking. Again, show me where I even came close to saying "since Gamora has a reputation of the most dangerous woman in the galaxy, she obviously is and can beat the Ancient One". If you can't show me that, then stop putting words in my mouth and dedicate some time to actually understanding what you're reading.

Valk v Gamora

Same reply as above.

Cull Obsidian v Gamora

Same terrible example, just like the Ebony Maw one.

Given the amount of vitriol you're giving me for just reiterating that characters need feats to support throw away lines I think you'd be best just making the threads you so resolutely believe are fair and letting everyone decide.

Why would I make those threads? Because you can't read and/or understand what I was saying and instead chose to put words in my mouth and make asinine assumptions?

Unless your next reply is filled with what I asked, which is actual proof of me making any of the claims you're trying to say I claimed, don't bother replying.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas:

We know from portrayal and word from the directors that there are members of the Black Order that are "more powerful" than Gamora. Does this need to be spoon fed to you?

No, I'm glad we agree. It's just it's not some members, it's all of them.

Seeing as how Hulk didn't get any of your precious "cold hard feats" in Infinity War, why not? Feats > everything else right? Or does that only apply when you want it to?

• Hulk is as had many appearances and feats to establish his power level since 2009. So has Gamora (albeit 2014) it's just that her feats paint a completely different picture to what you're arguing.
  • Hulk fought and contended physically with Thanos in Infinity War, that feat alone is better than anything Gamora has or ever will have by light years.

Don't need to, seeing as how I'm not using that statement to actually claim she's the most dangerous woman in the galaxy.

Okay, so;

• "Corvus stomps Gamora by feats"
  • "No Gamora has this statement that means she can beat Corvus in a fight"
  • "Okay so based on that you think she can beat any woman"
  • "No because the statement isn't relevant to combat"

It's nonsensical to use the statement of most dangerous woman or Thanos's favorite child to argue she can beat Corvus, only to immediately abandon it when the same exact statement is used against someone else. Either take it as relevant to combat (ergo, Most dangerous woman that can beat HELA/best child that can beat Cull/Maw) or don't (and Gamora gets stomped by Corvus).

Don't jump between the two when it suits you.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare:

No, I'm glad we agree. It's just it's not some members, it's all of them.

The Russo brothers disagree with you. But why take their word for it? You obviously know way more than them.

Hulk is as had many appearances and feats to establish his power level since 2009. So has Gamora (albeit 2014) it's just that her feats paint a completely different picture to what you're arguing.

I'm not arguing anything about Gamora and Hulk. Try to keep up.

Hulk fought and contended physically with Thanos in Infinity War, that feat alone is better than anything Gamora has or ever will have by light years.

When was this? The only time Hulk and Thanos fought was when Thanos toyed with Hulk and beat his ass. We then have the writers confirming that Thanos doesn't need any of the Infinity Stones to beat him and the directors saying that Thanos is already stronger than Hulk.

All this example proved was that Hulk got beat down by Thanos. That feat is better than anything Gamora has or ever will have?

"Corvus stomps Gamora by feats"

"No Gamora has this statement that means she can beat Corvus in a fight"

"Okay so based on that you think she can beat any woman"

"No because the statement isn't relevant to combat"

Jesus Christ, even this is ripe with your complete lack on reading comprehension.

Show me one time where I said Gamora can beat any woman in the galaxy based on that reputation alone. Stop beating around the bush, stop making an ass of yourself, and actually back up what you're claiming. Show me where I said that.

It's nonsensical to use the statement of most dangerous woman or Thanos's favorite child to argue she can beat Corvus

I never did. I used that as along with other statements and accolades, along with common sense and in-universe logic, to say that she could beat him and then accomplish the same "cold hard feats" he did.

only to immediately abandon it when the same exact statement is used against someone else

It was never abandoned. Seriously, try to keep up.

Either take it as relevant to combat (ergo, Most dangerous woman that can beat HELA/best child that can beat Cull/Maw)

Yeah, you don't get to make up these rules as you go along. Her reputation is relevant to combat because it's not a nickname she received from her friends, it's what people around the galaxy know her for. She had to get earn that somehow. Since you ignored it the last time I asked (you seem to do that a lot), I'll ask again: how would she get that reputation if it didn't pertain to combat? And in what earth does knowing someone as "the most dangerous woman in the galaxy" mean she can beat every single woman in the galaxy? The fact that she got the reputation in the first place is what's impressive, not the idea behind it that she is without a shadow of a doubt the actual most dangerous woman in the galaxy.

Not even going to comment on the second example. You're probably going to have enough trouble reading the one above as it is.

don't (and Gamora gets stomped by Corvus).

"muh feats"

Don't jump between the two when it suits you.

The fact that you think I'm jumping between the two only highlights how badly you've been following what I've been saying while making some incredibly stupid assumptions.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: Question for clarification before I jump in:

Are you arguing (and I'm only asking for this specific point, I get the rest of the overall picture) that Gamora can win because she's Thanos's favorite?

Again I'm not saying that's your sole argument, but is that one of your points?

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: I’m not saying “ignore what these characters can do and give Gamora a win over Corvus because Thanos liked her better”. I’m saying that it should give credence to her being able to beat him in-universe.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Corvus was matching/beating Vision (and was shown to be physically on par it seemed). That's far above Gamora's physical abilities tbh. Hard for me to see Gamora winning, even in-universe without a lot of context (see Black Widow's "fight" with Corvus).

Vision seemed to be physically pretty close to Thor. That just shows how impressive Corvus really is. Wow. Didn't realize just how powerful he was after the fight.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: Black Widow’s “fight” with Corvus saw her take him by surprise and stab him after he had just blocked four of Falcon’s missiles out of the air and turned around.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see why Gamora wins in universe... Corvus solidly

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yet another thread where arguments rely on statements.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: well wouldn’t the fact that she struggled to beat Nebula, inarguably Thanos’s LEAST favorite child, kinda take that down a couple notches?

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite child is not the child that can beat the shit out of my other children. Let's not pretend Thanos judged people only off fighting people

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Corvus due to his agility and weapon.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Erkan12

Corvus, overpowered Cap and a wounded Vision, deflected his blast.