I'll side with Erik

Avatar image for deactivated-5d489a021333f
deactivated-5d489a021333f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Herb makes it a good fight, but May wins.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd go with Killmonger.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May is honestly pretty close to a one-woman Milaje. 3 of them nearly killed Erik with the suit. Imagine what the Cavalry could do when she has the perfect weapon to counter his stats.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killmonger for sure

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt melinda can win even if he doesn't have the herb

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Erik wins pretty casually, I don't remember anything impressive from May when it comes to using knives that will overcome the stat gap.

Avatar image for deactivated-5daccae6547be
deactivated-5daccae6547be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax: What!!!one Dora would destroy May even if she has a weapon they're just to quick and has a one shot weapon (On paper may is probably better then a Dora but by feats I don't think so)

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May shits on him.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marveld2: One Dora doesn't have enough feats to beat let alone destroy someone who has consistent peak human feats and have gone up against some of the Mcu's best human fighters

OT: May wins after a short fight

Avatar image for deactivated-5daccae6547be
deactivated-5daccae6547be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_wiccan: Honey May has little to zero good speed feats (While the Dora's was reacting to blitzing outriders and keeping pace with a Full gear killmonger) and the only amazing fighter may fought was Bobbi (Who was holding back and was focusing on fury's toolbox)

KoolKermy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Scarlet_Wiccan

@marveld2: Scale much? May's performance against Sinara alone puts her above any Dora, May had a hole in her leg and was holding her own and dodged Sinara's orb that was moving at blur speeds and Wakanda's other soldiers didn't have a hard time tagging Outriders so it's not really that impressive and what speed feats does full armored Eric jave?

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By The_Justiciar

@kingofwakanda: EDITED:

Interesting match-up, especially since Killmonger has the Heart-Shaped Herb and May has combat knives.

Killmonger was able to keep up with multiple Dora Milaje (even if they did end up outmaneuvering & trapping him in the end), and he was consistently able to give T'Challa good fights. T'Challa is referred to as being a highly trained combatant, and his fighting style draws upon elements of many martial arts. Erik's main advantages on May here will be his physical stats and aggressive fighting style.

May is a great fighter with multiple accolades placing her at the top of SHIELD in combat skills. She's beaten Remorath, Kree, Primitives, HYDRA agents, basically anyone who crosses her path. For what it's worth, I imagine Killmonger and Ward have similar standings as soldiers and trained killers, albeit with slightly differing specialties - and May was able to outskill Ward. May's main advantages on Erik here will be her technical skill and agility.

I can see this going either way. May can land a lot of superficial slashes, but unless she goes for a vital area - Erik will get a hold of her eventually. Erik is smart enough to guard said areas, but he has to be super careful not to let May exploit her reach advantage to its fullest potential.

I always love favoring May when it comes to martial arts, so I think she might win here - but even if she does, it'd be the hardest fought victory in her life. I think I'll go with her, though.

LPercepts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killmonger

Daywalker88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erik

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marveld2: Dodging a chain spear point blank and evading a rocket point blank...and ghosting the agents watching Maria Hill is a better speed feat than anything Killmonger has done.

The herb makes almost no difference. May has fought and beaten multiple superhumans, and several of them at the same time-all who have comparable or better stats than Killmonger, and many who had comparable or better training then him.

May stomps.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Justiciar

@paytience said:

Dodging a chain spear point blank and evading a rocket point blank...and ghosting the agents watching Maria Hill is a better speed feat than anything Killmonger has done.

That's an underrated feat.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 anthp2000  Moderator

Lol stealth is speed now okay guys.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erik

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anthp2000  Moderator

Anyways, Erik is enhansed with the Herb, which allowed T'Challa to actually bullet time. Even for AoS fans it's silly to assume May's faster than him because she dodged a missile (from a room away) and Scarlotti's chain spear (which some consider amazing because it's a better weapon than Nobu's or something? Never seen actual evidence for this).

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Justiciar

@anthp2000: Explain to me, logistically & physically, how May could've done what she did to the agents following Hill without moving very quickly.

The comparisons between Nobu's weapon and Scarlotti's weapon arise from the distinctions between a kyoketsu-shoge and a rope dart.

Also, I love the salt. You have officially become the first person in the thread to engage with bitterness and disrespect. This is basically your trademark now.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 anthp2000  Moderator

@the_magister:

Bruh if you want to just go down that path might as well argue she used darts to take them out from afar.

Using such a feat for speed is so silly. And I'm annoyed because your double standards are showing again. You've never remotely highlighted anything similar for other characters. In fact I'm pretty sure you've flat out made the distinction between stealth and speed. And what is your view of this scene anyway? That May can run at supersonic speeds? That she blitzes armies? Is Madame Gao also that fast? Drops the cane and see ya, I gotta go race? Is CW Ra's Al Ghul supersonic in travel speed? Or MCU Hawkeye? Or Nolan Batman? Or anyone with a similar feat?

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Justiciar

@anthp2000: Sure, according to you... why not say that Hawkeye used a diversion from Ant-Man to get Black Panther in a chokehold? Oh, but in that case, we should go only by what we know and not assume things... right?

Everyone on your list but MCU Hawkeye is pretty fast, tbh. I know you needed to add Hawkeye in there to make it valid from your point of view, but stop that. The other characters have good feats, it's an insult to group Hawkeye in with them.

And I don't neglect highlighting good feats for characters that have them. Matt's great, Danny's great, Erik's great, T'Challa's great, Cap's great.

tsunamiwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killmonger

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Justiciar
The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@the_magister: Great argument.

While we're at it, I wanna remind you that I'm the one who first brought this feat of May's up on CV, and to your attention. I haven't said who wins here either. I'm just trying to clear up some misconceptions.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Justiciar

@anthp2000: The heck? "Who wins here." Lol.

KoL wins. Obviously.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 anthp2000  Moderator
KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingofwakanda: Interesting match-up, especially since Killmonger has the Heart-Shaped Herb and May has combat knives.

Killmonger was able to keep up with multiple Dora Milaje (even if they did end up outmaneuvering & trapping him in the end), and he was consistently able to give T'Challa good fights. T'Challa is referred to as being a highly trained combatant, and his fighting style draws upon elements of many martial arts. Erik's main advantages on May here will be his physical stats and aggressive fighting style.

May is a great fighter with multiple accolades placing her at the top of SHIELD in combat skills. She's beaten Remorath, Kree, Primitives, HYDRA agents, basically anyone who crosses her path. For what it's worth, I imagine Killmonger and Ward have similar standings as soldiers and trained killers, albeit with slightly differing specialties - and May was able to outskill Ward. May's main advantages on Erik here will be her technical skill and agility.

I can see this going either way. May can land a lot of superficial slashes, but unless she goes for a vital area - Erik will get a hold of her eventually. Erik is smart enough to guard said areas, but he has to be super careful not to let May exploit her reach advantage to its fullest potential.

I always love favoring May when it comes to martial arts, so I think she might win here - but even if she does, it'd be the hardest fought victory in her life. I'd honestly back Killmonger for a slim majority due to his stats and damage soak.

Good breakdown. This essentially boils down to someone with T'Challa's physicals but a soldier's skillset (instead of a martial artist) vs. May, a master martial artist. The difference in skill should help keep May in the fight. This is definitely one I could see going either way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see May winning this. Every high tier fighter on AoS has dealt with super soldier level opponents and can dispatch them if needed. Tbh the Kree on AoS have better stats than BP and Erik. And May was able to hang even with a very injured leg.

She’d take 6/10

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killmonger stomps the crap out of her

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hermes1220: Super Soldier in terms of physicals, not skill. That's an important distinction to make.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ddg: It would be important if the super soldier characters we have were more skilled than our peak humans. But they aren’t. I’m talking about stats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting match-up, especially since Killmonger has the Heart-Shaped Herb and May has combat knives.

I always love favoring May when it comes to martial arts, so I think she might win here - but even if she does, it'd be the hardest fought victory in her life. I'd honestly back Killmonger for a slim majority due to his stats and damage soak.

I know I already picked Killmonger (sticking with my choice), but this is a really good breakdown. Pretty much articulated what I was too lazy to say lol.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Paytience

@anthp2000: lol..she ghosted 4 people on two different sides of the street in the amount of time it took Maria Hill to turn her head. 4 people in different spots in a second? Yeah, it's a speed feat.

Keep tryna downplay knowing damn well that TV characters own the movie street levelers by feats.

Stay bitter.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The_Justiciar

@kingofwakanda: @indomitableregal: Thanks guys. This is a really good battle. I keep going back and forth on it. I sided with Killmonger initially, now I find myself siding with May. And that’ll probably change at some point too. It’s like KingofWakanda said, it’s a master martial artist with blades vs an expert soldier with enhanced stats.

I just wish we got to witness more of Erik’s killing ability and status as a military operator, I feel like May is way more fleshed out in those areas simply due to screentime. One particular area that I feel didn’t get enough attention is his marksmanship.

Regardless, I think the cinematography and portrayal of Killmonger painted him as a great overall threat. I mean... goddamn, what a villain.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The_Justiciar

@paytience: Chill chill chill I haven’t seen the latest episode. If May straight up fights Izel with a blade though, I might back her over Killmonger in one heck of a fight. I’ll have to watch the episode and see for myself though.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#44  Edited By Magian

Killmonger has the advantage due to the herbs.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By geekryan  Online

Killmonger wins, moderate difficulty

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Izel isn't even impressive outside of her fight with May skillwise, it's gonna prove jack squat lol

May still wins tho

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mmm May might be capable of pulling a fight, but I think that would be with a longer sharp weapon... I don't think she'll beat Killmonger with just two combat knives... she'd still put up a match tho...

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Paytience

@supremegeneration: Killmonger has never been impressive, "skillwise".

People just like to play him up as special because thenrefuse to accept that Tchalla is not that great a fighter. The fact is, Killmonger's training is that of a high level soldier, and it just burns people so much that that is all takes to beat a Panther.

Izel caught Flints attack from less than arm's distance away, and has beaten yo-yo's blitz...and has destroyed planets. She is faster than Killmonger, stronger than him and more durable. And if Killmonger's only "skill" feat is fighting Tchalla, than Izel has him beat by fighting a bloodlusted May. Killmonger get's stomped...he never had chance before the final and now it isn't remotely competitive.

-

-

-

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: Killmonger has never been impressive, "skillwise".

People just like to play him up as special because thenrefuse tonaccept that Tchalla is not that great a fighter. The fact is Killmonger's training is that of a high level soldier, and it just burns people so much that that is all takes to beat a Panther.

Izel caught Flints attack from less than arm's distance away and has destroyed planets. Killmonger get's stomped...he never had chance before the final and now it isn't remotely competitive.

-

-

-

I mean you're not telling me anything I don't know Killmonger-wise, I spent a lot of time debunking his Dora feat.

Flint's nothing special IIRC, and destroying planets is a) contextless and b) likely inapplicable to skill, which is what I was referring to.

Like don't get me wrong, I think this is a walk in the park for May:

May shits on him.

I just don't think her Izel feat is all that.