• 97 results
Avatar image for zordon_of_eltar
#1 Edited by Zordon_of_Eltar (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wants to know if Doctor Strange's shields can withstand his heat vision, so he asks Strange if they could find that out. Since Strange is also curious he agrees. The "fight" will take place in the courtyard from the picture below. They start in opposite ends.

Round 1: Strange starts with his shields up.

Round 2: Strange needs to react to Superman's heat vision as well.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

#2 Edited by Mr_Shazam0920 (4919 posts) - - Show Bio

He would block them no issue.

There’s also a thread for this “Can X do this”

Welcome to the vine.

#3 Posted by ANTHP2000 (27799 posts) - - Show Bio

He can block them fine. He should be able to time them too, I don't remember any real quantifiable speed showings.

This does look like it belongs to the CXDTFAACT.

#4 Edited by GeorgeWBush (12183 posts) - - Show Bio

He blocks them

Clark’s Heat Vision sucks

Avatar image for madscientist224
#5 Edited by Madscientist224 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

Hurh durh, I don't know how to read battle forum rules. Wrong forum. Power vs power isn't a battle thread.

Thus, my answer is my left buttcheek easily tanks both, then solos both characters and their verses infinite neg difficulty.

#6 Posted by Lord_Titan_ (2704 posts) - - Show Bio

He blocks as long as hes aware clark is there

#7 Posted by AlphaQ (6353 posts) - - Show Bio

His shields don't have the feats to say that he could block them but scaling off some of his other abilities power they may be able to. And he can't time them, they are realistically faster than Kryptonians themselves, who Strange can't react to.

#8 Posted by Subline (8412 posts) - - Show Bio

His shields were destroyed by Dormammu's beam, even a kick from Thanos destroyed it.

Superman burns them.

#9 Posted by ganon15 (7161 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline said:

His shields were destroyed by Dormammu's beam, even a kick from Thanos destroyed it.

Superman burns them.

No Caption Provided

#10 Edited by DammeFavour (8466 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol....strange turns to ash.

Strange can't even time a kryptonian, how is he supposed to time heat vision?

#11 Edited by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline said:

Superman burns them.

I feared the day when Dormammu destroying something would be an anti-feat

X

#12 Edited by DammeFavour (8466 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: because that particular beam is featless other than razing a human? Or would you like to propose the beam was planetary because it was dormammu's?

I'm genuinely asking

#13 Edited by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: because that particular beam is featless other than razing a human? Or would you like to propose the beam was planetary because it was dormammu's?

Sure, but how does that make it an Anti-feat?

X

#14 Posted by DammeFavour (8466 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: not an anti-feat, it's just plain unimpressive compared to the feats attached to heat vision

#15 Edited by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour said:

@xzone: not an anti-feat, it's just plain unimpressive compared to the feats attached to heat vision

That's not what you said in response to my comment legit 5 minutes ago

@xzone said:
@subline said:

Superman burns them.

X

Then you said:

@DammeFavour said:

I'm genuinely asking

So which is it?

X

#16 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

On Topic: I don't actually remember DS's shields doing anything that impressive, but if someone can remind me I'd be happy to know. I'm gonna say Clark's HV will pierce em

X

#17 Posted by PayneInTheAss (11775 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:
@subline said:

Superman burns them.

X

Agree

#18 Edited by DammeFavour (8466 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: do you know what an anti feat is? The beam is featless, so it's not exactly contradicting anything.

An anti-feat would be the beam blowing up a planet hence the second part of my statement

#19 Edited by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour said:

@xzone: do you know what an anti feat is? The beam is featless, so it's not exactly contradicting anything

I don't need to know what an anti-feat is, It's irrelevant to you're comments. You say in one comment it is an anti-feat, then you immediately change your stance. Obvious pivot is obvious

X

#20 Posted by DammeFavour (8466 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: dude, the only person to mention anti-feat was you. Hell I even went through the trouble of adding what would make it an anti feat if it was legit.

Seems like you just want to argue for the hell of it

#21 Posted by Matthew660 (1676 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Leave it to Damme to make out a universal threat’s energy beam to be weak.

#22 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Leave it to Damme to make out a universal threat’s energy beam to be weak.

Actually, I do agree with him in the belief that the beam needs feats, I simply don’t think it’s an anti feat for DS’s shields

X

Avatar image for zordon_of_eltar
#23 Posted by Zordon_of_Eltar (70 posts) - - Show Bio

He would block them no issue.

There’s also a thread for this “Can X do this”

Welcome to the vine.

Thank you. Should I move this to that thread? If so, how?

#24 Posted by Rebake (4473 posts) - - Show Bio

He should be able to block it for a while, but idk how long exactly before it breaks or if it even will break. I think Strange can react to heat vision, but the time needed to conjure a spell does leave openings for him to get tagged. He did block Dormammu's blast, so I'd say he can put up a shield in time at least sometimes.

#25 Posted by Matthew660 (1676 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: There is one feat for it. It vaporized strange. It didn’t burn a hole through him, or just put him on fire. It turned him into nothing. Which, believe it or not, is actually harder than it sounds.

#26 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4919 posts) - - Show Bio

@zordon_of_eltar:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/can-x-do-this-feat-analysiscomparison-thread-1938245/?page=79

Here’s the link! Just ask the question there. Once the mods see this they’ll lock this thread.

#27 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4919 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: you really think HV would bust through his shields?

#28 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu's beam was endured by Strange for a few seconds. What is Heat Vision supposed to do?

#29 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@drpepperman: Dormammu’s beam really has no feats though..

X

#30 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: iirc it reduced Strange to nothing. For me that's above Heat Vision. And I remember it taking a kick from Thanos, then Strange flew back and dispersed the shield, but I may be misremembering.

#31 Posted by Noone1996 (11857 posts) - - Show Bio

Shields tank them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6891767abb2
#32 Posted by deactivated-5c6891767abb2 (1820 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know. To me those shields are specially designed to dark magic attacks like Dormammu's beam. This is stupid when it instantly goes down after Kaecilius shard, Thanos greatest kick ( much weaker than Zod's punch ) and Drax knives

To me shields instantly goes down

#33 Edited by DammeFavour (8466 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: unless you can prove his shields have the structural integrity of a skyscraper, kryptonian ship or is even more durable than a car then I don't see why not

#34 Edited by rem (2742 posts) - - Show Bio

Tank it just fine.

#35 Posted by diydeath (2535 posts) - - Show Bio

Tanks it for a bit but not indefinitely in both rounds. Strange is going to rely on timing in round 2, not actually reacting to the beam.

#36 Posted by destinyman75 (14697 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say yes but for how long is the real question

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#37 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (4726 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4919 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by RandomGuy287 (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

He tanks it

#40 Posted by karanrasquinha (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: If strange has the time stone, and superman doesn't know what he's dealing with, all strange needs is one second before he freezes superman in time..

Avatar image for sexybayonetta22
#41 Posted by SexyBayonetta22 (2385 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it even quantifable Dormammu beam power ?

Avatar image for flashgreatersigneveryone
#42 Posted by FlashGreaterSignEveryone (1830 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange turns to ash.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#43 Posted by Supermanforever (8521 posts) - - Show Bio

he should tank the heat vision just fine.

#44 Posted by TheGerudoKing (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

His shields can definitely tank heat vision. In the "Knightmare" scene, when Clark uses HV on the other captured men, they don't get vaporized like when Dormammu used his energy beam on Strange.

And since his shields could stop that for a few seconds, they can definitely stop HV.

And the timing part is easy because everytime HV is used, the person's eyes start glowing red, so he puts his shields up when he sees that happen.

#45 Posted by Batman242 (11965 posts) - - Show Bio

His shields can definitely tank heat vision. In the "Knightmare" scene, when Clark uses HV on the other captured men, they don't get vaporized like when Dormammu used his energy beam on Strange.

And since his shields could stop that for a few seconds, they can definitely stop HV.

And the timing part is easy because everytime HV is used, the person's eyes start glowing red, so he puts his shields up when he sees that happen.

A dream sequence has little bearing on the 'real world' scenarios. In any case, I don' think heat vision should/could/would vaporize a human unless the beam itself was large enough to engulf a person's entire body. It works to burn/disintegrate what's directly in it's path and even in the dream sequence, it did just that against those guys.

#46 Posted by TheGerudoKing (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: that's the only time it ever made contact with a person that I can think of unless you count Steppenwolf. Every other time it was used it was on a building or something like that.

Really, HV has very poor feats to suggest that Strange couldn't block it.

#47 Posted by xjlxking (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow some people are delusional

At no point that Dr.Strange do anything with his shield that suggest it’s universal, or planetary. It doesn’t have feats; just weak showing.

A kick from Thanos was enough to break it. He managed to protect himself from a semi-controlled crash landing.

Superman’s heatvision would destroy him

#48 Posted by Batman242 (11965 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: that's the only time it ever made contact with a person that I can think of unless you count Steppenwolf. Every other time it was used it was on a building or something like that.

Really, HV has very poor feats to suggest that Strange couldn't block it.

I think getting past Strange's shield is up for debate. My original point was that the Knightmare scene isn't that good a frame of reference since it's a dream.

#49 Posted by TheGerudoKing (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: yeah I figured someone would counter that point by stating it was a dream sequence for which I have no counter of my own.

Avatar image for christianrapper
#50 Posted by christianrapper (6289 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: If strange has the time stone, and superman doesn't know what he's dealing with, all strange needs is one second before he freezes superman in time..

i am guessing the point of round 2 is to see if strange can react to superman's heat vision. so that means as soon as superman sees strange he just goes for the heat vision. superman can think and react far faster than strange. superman will heat vision strange before his brain even processes a thought. the first round is almost impossible to predict since we really don't know how strange's shield will react to heat vision.