Dr Strange stomps

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Harry Potter has been falling for 30 minutes.

Dr Strange has come to Bargain with Harry Potter.

Lol.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@socajunkie: Wow, posts like these really make you think. We've spent years on this site and still, still, we are easily surpassed by such next level intellects. I bet a guy like that has watched five, maybe even six, whole episodes of Rick and Morty.

BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhopullsthestrings: Harry is only fast on the draw when facing kids. He's gotten manhandled in draw speed before. LUPIN OUT DREW him and sent him flying and Snape casually kicks his ass.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicgirl21: Strange can also teleport instantly without saying any words or casting hex's, watch Ragnarok lol.

Strife_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cloak wraps around Harry and knocks him about. Or suffocates him if it is feeling a little violent. lol.

Seriously, that cloak has a mind of its own.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Pretty sure Strange is being wanked a bit here he can BFR Harry but Harry can just apparate back so that wouldn't work BFR isn't working here. Strange's combat feats aren't all that tbh he hasn't done anything ridiculously impressive, we don't know if he can block Harry's spells or not though it's possible. From what I recall Strange hasn't got many long distance attacks and Harry would get wrecked in close distance cause the wand ain't doing shit.

First round could go either way imo. Strange stomps round 2.

Doctor__Hanlon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctor__hanlon said:
@odin619360 said:

Does Strange have an answer for the killing curse?

Maybe that harry wouldn't use it?

I would not put it past that twisted emo.

But yeah, your right.

And Strange could deflect any stupifies and stuff that Harry might send his way! :D

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60 socajunkie  Moderator

@thorthunder98:

‘Harry can just apparate back’

Depending on how far Strange sends him, no he can’t.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Harry wins, and I'd go so far as to say he does so pretty easily. Strange is being massively overhyped. Strange's only real offensive actions are physically attacking with the Cloak, Energy Whip, and Portals. Two of those are gonna be nearly useless, leaving Portals as Strange's most significant option. While portals are certainly incredibly dangerous, it takes time/focus with the Sling Ring to generate one, albeit upon generation Strange can easily manipulate them. Harry's apparation is actually much faster and more effective than Strange's Sling-Ring, eliminating Strange's go-to. Harry is dramatically more dangerous offensively, there are a multidude of spells he could cast that could essentially one-shot Strange, who's a glass cannon. On top of all that, Harry is faster. It's heavily established that one of his best offensive traits is his reflexes, that's why he excells at being a Seeker and even why he ends up taking down Voldemort. It's a good part of why he's a gifted duelist, even being more offensively effective than someone like Hermoine who's likely better at magic overall. Strange's magic takes more time, is much less ranged, and he's slower. Heck, Harry even has dramatically more combat experience than Strange. I'm really not seeing how Strange even has a shot here.

R2: Strange wins, the Eye is just too OP, even for all of Harry's artifacts. The Time Turner can also effect time, but it's slower to use and less versatile in application. Once Strange has control over time, there's not a whole lot Harry can do to match him.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By geekryan

R1: Harry wins, and I'd go so far as to say he does so pretty easily. Strange is being massively overhyped. Strange's only real offensive actions are physically attacking with the Cloak, Energy Whip, and Portals. Two of those are gonna be nearly useless, leaving Portals as Strange's most significant option. While portals are certainly incredibly dangerous, it takes time/focus with the Sling Ring to generate one, albeit upon generation Strange can easily manipulate them. Harry's apparation is actually much faster and more effective than Strange's Sling-Ring, eliminating Strange's go-to. Harry is dramatically more dangerous offensively, there are a multidude of spells he could cast that could essentially one-shot Strange, who's a glass cannon. On top of all that, Harry is faster. It's heavily established that one of his best offensive traits is his reflexes, that's why he excells at being a Seeker and even why he ends up taking down Voldemort. It's a good part of why he's a gifted duelist, even being more offensively effective than someone like Hermoine who's likely better at magic overall. Strange's magic takes more time, is much less ranged, and he's slower. Heck, Harry even has dramatically more combat experience than Strange. I'm really not seeing how Strange even has a shot here.

R2: Strange wins, the Eye is just too OP, even for all of Harry's artifacts. The Time Turner can also effect time, but it's slower to use and less versatile in application. Once Strange has control over time, there's not a whole lot Harry can do to match him.

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

still Harry.

Pretty much this ^

I still think Harry should win R2 too though. You need just as much time to activate time stone as you need to create one of Strange's portals so I can't see why logic from R1 doesn't apply here. Harry is still faster, and more deadly so he should take down Strange before he can activate the eye. When he used it against Dormammu he previously made the loop, and then encountered him, so he had prep, basically. Here there's no prep. Harry even has more advantage because he starts invisible under his cloak. I say Harry should take R2 until someone can prove how exactly can time stone guarantee a win here. I mean even if Strange uses it it's not like it has combat applications. Strange can at best try to loop Harry and what's that gonna do? They will BOTH be looped so neither will win...

picklethicc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor Strange solos the Harry verse, this is spite man.

picklethicc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicgirl21: When Kaecilius was attacking Strange at the Hong Kong Sanctum, Strange was fast enough to reverse time. the time stone precedes the creation of the universe and time itself, It exists outside of time and renders its user out of time as well. I don't know if you are trolling or serious.

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The spells and curses are faster to cast than Strange using the Time stone. Just one bind curse in Strange direction and he'll get frozen before he even get to use the stone or even affect time.

Loading Video...

HP still wins this.

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange stomps both rounds. He was teleport blitzing Thor, he can blitz Harry too. His shields also stood up to Dormammu's energy blasts for a few seconds, a feat that puts them above any "ward" in HP.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By AbstractRaze

Dr.Strange wins with low difficulties to almost 0 difficulties.

In terms of AoE and utility, Harry could be a bit tricky, but Dr.Strange finishes him immediately with multidimensional conjuring magic and with his Eldritch magic, tremendously confusing and bursting Harry after being blitzed by Dr.Strange.

Dr.Strange posses the Eye of Agamotto, where there's the Stone of Time, providing him the possibility to manipulate time.

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HP apparates before Strange can even do anything.

Loading Video...

HP still wins this.

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@picklethicc: you forgot to mention that strange had enough time to use the eye because Kaescillious was RUNNING TOWARDS HIM to stab him with an energy sword. Harry is just gonna point his wand at Strange and one shot him with some paralyzing spell. Stop making yourself look silly by backing up Strange in this ridiculous stomp for Harry. Like someone mentioned above Harry Potter universe wizards vs MCU wizards is like guns vs swords. RIP Strange.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 socajunkie  Moderator

@zepta_pon:

Harry doesn't teleport in combat.

picklethicc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By picklethicc

@comicgirl21: LMFAO, did you just say that Doctor Strange, who made Loki the god of Illusion look silly, weak? Doctor Strange would just blitz Harry into the sun just like he did to loki and thor by the wave of a hand.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zepta_pon:

Harry doesn't teleport in combat.

So because Harry never had to apparate in combat, he is incapable of doing so?

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

@geekryan said:

The way things work on here is you only use what characters have done and exclude what they haven't done. Harry has had plenty of opportunities to apparate in combat and where that would have been beneficial yet he hasn't done so. Because of this we can gather that he won't do it here because he's never done it in the past.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By geekryan

@socajunkie said:
@geekryan said:

The way things work on here is you only use what characters have done and exclude what they haven't done. Harry has had plenty of opportunities to apparate in combat and where that would have been beneficial yet he hasn't done so. Because of this we can gather that he won't do it here because he's never done it in the past.

I'm quite aware of how things work, but he actually hasn't had many opportunities to do so if you go back through Deathly Hallows and see.

Loading Video...

1:08: Harry/Hermione apparate during a battle against Nagini

1:13: Harry/Hermione/Ron apparate during a battle against Death Eaters before the house gets destroyed

Being able to apparate isn't restricted to non-combat situations. By that logic, Strange "tele blitzing" Thor in Ragnarok can't be included because it wasn't done in a combat situation.

There are varying degrees of mastery in terms of apparition, but this affects the speed of apparating or the distance being covered. We can assume Harry is quite skilled and masterful because on one occasion, he managed to apparate not only himself but Dumbledore as well, and from an immense distance. It is unclear if it was Harry that did the apparition in the two clips I pointed out, but it proves it can be done in combat, and it could easily have been Harry who did it and not Hermione. From a logical standpoint, there is no reason to assume that Harry simply can't apparate during combat.

It also makes sense to not have wizards apparate often during combat because then it is less about duelling and skill and more about speed and reactions with apparition. A fight between 2 wizards constantly teleporting around is anti-climactic and less interesting, so it makes sense that this wasn't done from a narrative standpoint.

Realistically, I don't see Harry relying on apparition in a fight against Strange unless he gets BFR'd by Strange. But, I also don't see Strange relying on his portals to win the fight.

As I said in a previous comment, I will CaV anyone who thinks that MCU Dr Strange can beat any competent wizard from Harry Potter without having to use the Time Stone.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

@geekryan:

I'm quite aware of how things work, but he actually hasn't had many opportunities to do so if you go back through Deathly Hallows and see.

No there were plenty of times they could have apparated in combat but chose not to. In the books both Dumbledore and Voldemort teleported during combat so we know it is done in combat situations yet our main trio haven't done that.

Harry/Hermione apparate during a battle against Nagini

To escape. They didn't do it to fight.

1:13: Harry/Hermione/Ron apparate during a battle against Death Eaters before the house gets destroyed

To escape. They didn't do it to fight.

Being able to apparate isn't restricted to non-combat situations. By that logic, Strange "tele blitzing" Thor in Ragnarok can't be included because it wasn't done in a combat situation.

This is a combat situation and Harry has never done it in combat so he won't do it here. It's as simple as that.

There are varying degrees of mastery in terms of apparition, but this affects the speed of apparating or the distance being covered. We can assume Harry is quite skilled and masterful because on one occasion, he managed to apparate not only himself but Dumbledore as well, and from an immense distance. It is unclear if it was Harry that did the apparition in the two clips I pointed out, but it proves it can be done in combat, and it could easily have been Harry who did it and not Hermione. From a logical standpoint, there is no reason to assume that Harry simply can't apparate during combat.

It isn't that can't do it in combat it's the fact that he hasn't. Meaning there's no basis for saying he'll do it here.

It also makes sense to not have wizards apparate often during combat because then it is less about duelling and skill and more about speed and reactions with apparition. A fight between 2 wizards constantly teleporting around is anti-climactic and less interesting, so it makes sense that this wasn't done from a narrative standpoint.

Well that's strange because Albus and Tom were teleporting during their duel.

Realistically, I don't see Harry relying on apparition in a fight against Strange unless he gets BFR'd by Strange. But, I also don't see Strange relying on his portals to win the fight.

His portals are a part of his fighting style, the same cannot be said for Harry and teleporting.

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am giving this to Dr. Strange

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@picklethicc: yes. he is weak. Beating Loki is no feat. His title of god of illusion means nothing if he can't even beat Captain America while having a scepter with infinity stone. Everyone who fought Loki beat Loki. Hulk, Thor, Iron man even Hawkeye and Coulson one shot Loki before. Valkyrie who is a random ex asgardian soldier beat Loki who is apparently a god EASILY and chained his ass. So yeah. Strange beating his sorry ass means nothing to me. Harry can easily beat both Loki and Strange with a single spell each before they can do anything.

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Thoromdil

@socajunkie: wow you must really hate HP to go to such absurd details to restrict obvious HP arguments while you give Strange who has little to no feats all the feats you can find. Strange didn't fight anyone in Ragnarok so you shouldn't even include his feats from that movie by your logic. You constantly ignore the fact that HP can one shot Strange before he can cast any spell because he is simply faster. It's an objective argument. Spells in HP verse are generally much faster then in MCU and Harry is especially fast since he is a talented seeker and a quidich player which takes insane reflexes to play in general (and Harry is the best!) and with tons of dueling experience. Harry shoots first and wins. That's all there is to this fight.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

@thoromdil:

wow you must really hate HP to go to such absurd details to restrict obvious HP arguments while you give Strange who has little to no feats all the feats you can find.

If you could go into more detail that would be cool.

Strange didn't fight anyone in Ragnarok so you shouldn't even include his feats from that movie by your logic.

Wouldn't be the same logic so I'd urge you to try again. Strange has BFR'd in combat before, the same can't be said for Harry and teleporting. Loki also tried attacking Strange so that's a combat instance.

You constantly ignore the fact that HP can one shot Strange before he can cast any spell because he is simply faster.

Faster based on what? Spells in HP have been dodged and blocked before, they aren't instant as you seem to believe.

It's an objective argument.

This is so cute.

Spells in HP verse are generally much faster then in MCU and Harry is especially fast since he is a talented seeker and a quidich player which takes insane reflexes to play in general (and Harry is the best!)

Yeah, fast reflexes, nothing I haven't seen that indicates he's too fast for Strange.

and with tons of dueling experience.

Harry is talented but as far as beating anything note-worthy one on one his feats are zero.

Harry shoots first and wins.

Strange blocks it and his cloak solos.

That's all there is to this fight.

Ok. Still laughing at your first comment in this thread.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie: I'm not going to argue with you but a lot of what you said was plain wrong. If you're so certain, then CaV me. Dumbledore vs. Dr Strange.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

@geekryan said:

@socajunkie: I'm not going to argue with you but a lot of what you said was plain wrong. If you're so certain, then CaV me. Dumbledore vs. Dr Strange.

There was nothing I said that was wrong and you straight up forgot that wizards (not Harry and co) have apparated in combat. I don't do CAVs, they're long and I have a life.

And why not Harry vs Strange? You'd be able to use the teleportation in combat with Albus, that's why isn't it? Lol.

picklethicc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By picklethicc

@comicgirl21: Loki was handing cap his ass the whole fight, if not for Iron Man, he would have been rekt, also Loki's plan was to be captured. you gonna say that Loki is weak for getting beaten by hulk? the strongest marvel character? that doesn't make any sense, also coulson one shotted him with the destroyer armor beams. Hawkeye? WHAT? that was just an arrow that didn't do any damage, in the opening scene of avengers, bullets were literally dodging off Loki's face. VALKYRIE was a part of Asgard's elite force, she tackled the hulk in the movie. you are really taking things out of context and fangirling waaaay too much, I am not even gonna waste my time. like I said, Doctor Strange can easily throw Harry in a pocket dimension forever or better yet, send him to Dormammu and gain power from it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0845740eb0b
deactivated-5b0845740eb0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping this now to see if most opinions changed.

AtmExle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After IW, Strange godstomps Harry.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@andromeda101: I wont be seeing IW until a day so barring spoilers, did Strange get any new feats?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: Yes, a lot.

He's far more impressive than was during his solo movie and even during his brief appearance in Ragnarok, especially now that has definitely some sort of low level reality warping. Honestly, Strange is a really broken and hax character after IW(Just like should be).

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont think the power of a time turner is a match for a infinity stone, that said round one is for harry and round two for strange

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's far more impressive than was during his solo movie and even during his brief appearance in Ragnarok, especially now that has definitely some sort of low level reality warping. Honestly, Strange is a really broken and hax character after IW(Just like should be).

I've heard that pretty much everyone gets a power boost in IW though, especially Thor and Iron Man.

Do Scarlet Witch and Mantis get more powerful at all and get some good feats? Without spoilers please :)

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Thorthunder98

Spite now Strange bodies him without the time stone he's a low level reality warper now Harry's spells aren't getting through his shields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

@andromeda101 said:

I've heard that pretty much everyone gets a power boost in IW though, especially Thor and Iron Man.

Do Scarlet Witch and Mantis get more powerful at all and get some good feats? Without spoilers please :)

Most of them, yes. I would say Thor, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch and Dr.Strange were the ones who shined brighter feat-wise(So I also guess people will finally stop saying that Tony is been nerfed by the Russo brothers and other things alike).

Wanda had some of the craziest feats in the movie, but Mantis was more of a fodder though.

Spite now Strange bodies him without the time stone he's a low level reality warper now Harry's spells aren't getting through his shields

After IW, I'm actually thinking the Cloak of Levitation itself might be enough to get the job done. Lol.

It's fast as hell like we saw when was taking away Strange's unconscious body from Ebony Maw by flying through the city and strong enough to pin down someone such as Drax and momentarily hold Thanos, so could probably break Harry in two if the same doesn't act careful enough.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

Strange shitstomps now without the time gem.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange makes the likes Voldermort of and Dumbledore his bitch. God bless them if he starts using using the time gem.

CaptFalcon725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: I know I'm going to be alone in this, but I say Harry. As fast as he is on the draw, I think he could get Strange before Strange gets him.

Round 2: Huge stomp for Doctor Strange. No object in the entire Harry Potter universe is even in the same league as an infinity stone.

MCU Strange has had 2 movie appearances and Movie Potter has had eight. Specify the version of Potter. I think Goblet of Fire or Order of the Phoenix version is safe.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really glad Strange gets a spotlight in the film, I was afraid they'd underutilized him. I wont be seeing the film until the 29th, is it ever explained in the film why Strange doesn't use the time stone on Thanos?

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98 said:

After IW, I'm actually thinking the Cloak of Levitation itself might be enough to get the job done. Lol.

It's fast as hell like we saw when was taking away Strange's unconscious body from Ebony Maw by flying through the city and strong enough to pin down someone such as Drax and momentarily hold Thanos, so could probably break Harry in two if the same doesn't act careful enough.

lmao yea that's true the cloak could actually solo no joke

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like others have said, Stranges cloak fights HP while Strange focuses on something that actually deserves his attention and the cloak wins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman said:

Really glad Strange gets a spotlight in the film, I was afraid they'd underutilized him. I wont be seeing the film until the 29th, is it ever explained in the film why Strange doesn't use the time stone on Thanos?

No, but I think that might be related to many future answers regarding the ending of the movie.

@thorthunder98 said:

lmao yea that's true the cloak could actually solo no joke

Yeah, in fact, I don't think either of them is even necessary here anyway.

Just send Wong to give Harry the same treatment as Black Dwarf, lol.