User Lists: 0

I think DD could win a majority.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

If Daredevil has the red suit he takes a slight majority. If he has the black suit, Bane takes 8 out of 10 I think.

Jueix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Daredevil is significantly weaker than comic book Daredevil. Because we're talking about MCU Daredevil, there are some key things to keep in mind.

This version of Murdock doesn't have sonar. The Netflix series portrayal of Murdock's "sight" involves the use of his hearing, smell, and I tiny things like shifts in air density or some shit to create his "world on fire". Unlike comic book Daredevil's sonar, MCU Daredevil's "world on fire vision" doesn't seem to help him that much in combat.

Also, MCU DD doesn't have comic book DD's knowledge of pressure points and the human anatomy. When he was interrogating that dude on the roof of Claire Temple's apartment building, Claire had to explain to him where to cut him to inflict the most pain. Comic book DD would have pressed his fingertips to the dude's temples or his neck or something and have the guy shaking in mute agony between each question.

MCU Daredevil kinda sucks.

His show has only been on for 1 season, and he spent much of that season getting beaten up. He struggled against low-level hitmen from the very first episode.

In the first episode, he had a tough time fighting the hired thug sent to kill Karen Page. I think it was the second episode that Murdock started off bleeding and unconsious in a dumpster because he fell into a trap set by a group of Russian mobsters and got beaten up off-screen. (The likelihood of comic book Daredevil not knowing that he was walking into a building filled with criminals is very, very low.)

There were only two characters on the show who came close to being street-level supervillains: Wilson Fisk and Nobu the Red Ninja. Both beat Matt to within an inch of his life.

Nobu was able to stay hidden from Murdock for several minutes by slowing his heartbeat; something that probably wouldn't have worked if DD had sonar. Afterwards, he gave Daredevil a thorough thrashing. DD would have died if he hadn't inadvertently set Nobu on fire. Finally, in his second encounter against Wilson Fisk, DD probably would have gotten killed if not for the protection of his new, impact-resistant suit granted him (in other words, without the suit he would have gotten his brains bashed in when Fisk hit him on the skull repeatedly with his own stick).

Hell, Matt even got knocked on his ass by Wilson Fisk's accountant, who was wielding a taser at the time. That's pretty freaking sad.

MCU Daredevil got beaten up in pretty much every episode of his own show. In addition to that, since the 1st season only recently ended, the character is still a rookie. His combat feats aren't very impressive yet.

If MCU Daredevil got extremely lucky, was decked out in the body armor he had at the end of Season 1, Matt might beat Bane.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RBT

If Fisk was able to overwhelm Matt, so should Bane. He's more skilled and hits way harder.

JusticeWay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since this is standard gear , I guess you mean the basic DD suit and not the red one .
In that case , and in a random encounter , I say Bane breaks DD in half just like he did to BatBale .

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Been done. Bane wins.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DD

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way but I favour Matt with the armour and batons.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane is stronger, more durable and more skilled. Matt was getting manhandled by Fisk with his suit and batons, just because Fisk was strong. He's just not that good, he isn't beating Bane.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

If Daredevil has the red suit he takes a slight majority. If he has the black suit, Bane takes 8 out of 10 I think.

Completely agree

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

@jayc1324 said:

Bane is stronger, more durable and more skilled. Matt was getting manhandled by Fisk with his suit and batons, just because Fisk was strong. He's just not that good, he isn't beating Bane.

This is also very true, I was incredibly shocked at how badly Fisk was beating Matt, even with is red suit and batons

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

In before Bane wank

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DSTREET45

I'm starting to shift into DD side the more I re-watch his combat scenes. He despite what people say didn't have trouble with random thugs post episode two except for one instance in episode 5 and people bringing up the guy in episode one tend to forget that he was a professional as stated by Fisk and wasn't some random street thug and showed some good moves and pain tolerance. My only gripe is I'm not sure if DD has the damage output to put Bane down. I guess he could win a majority as I've sided with him against Nolan Batman but I wouldn't be surprised if I went back to saying that Bane wins as I have before. Matt's best chance for sure is to target the mask.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would just like to reiterate, Matt was getting manhandled by Fisk, a man who is unskilled, just because Fisk had a strength advantage.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will favor Matt slightly due to Bane's mask weakness. Matt will hear it a mile away and he can hit hard with batons.

Gigantonigro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil 8/10

Why? Good question. Bane's strength is comparable to Kingpins. I see Matt winning 9/10 against Kingpin even if he is jobbing like in the season finale, where he should have taken him out a lot easier.

Bane is more skilled than Kingpin, but not by a longshot. He is a brute, after all. His only real advantage is his pain tolerance and his strength, but it isn't enough, Matt is too skilled and too fast and with his armor he is really durable, Plus his Escrimas gives him the solid win.

Avatar image for thesilentripper
TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HI @the_new_red_game

this is exacty like your battle

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/daredevil-mcu-vs-bane-nolanverse-1664210/

@saren

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I would just like to reiterate, Matt was getting manhandled by Fisk, a man who is unskilled, just because Fisk had a strength advantage.

He had also beaten Melvin Potter, while still recovering from injuries from Nobu, despite Potter's strength advantage. And Fisk was only putting up a fight because he was a tank and was grabbing Matt while Matt was busy wailing on him. Even then considering the skilled opponents Matt faced, it just goes to show how formidable Fisk is despite him not being relatively skilled.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane should win the majority. He probably is about equal strength to Fisk though I think that's debatable, but he is definitely more skilled and has better pain tolerance. Matt struggled quite a bit with Fisk so fighting a similar foe who is more skilled and can't feel pain won't end well for him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dstreet45: and Bane >>>>> Fisk. It shows how weak Matt is, not how good Fisk is. If Matt had good tactics he would avoid being grabbed and would use his speed better.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@dstreet45: and Bane >>>>> Fisk. It shows how weak Matt is, not how good Fisk is.

It should be the opposite since it's Fisk's second showing compared to DD's multiple showings. Fisk's other showing includes him tanking punches and taking a dude's head off with a car door. Him giving trouble to a person with actual feats places him on his level than the other way around since that's all we have to go on with Fisk. Otherwise I could say that MCU Cap loses to Rorshach since Batroc gave him some trouble or Hit-Girl loses to Harvey Dent in H2H since she was losing to Frank D'Amico, someone with little to no feats other than fighting Hit-Girl.

If Matt had good tactics he would avoid being grabbed and would use his speed better.

All that shows is that Kingpin used his durability to his advantage. Matt dodged faster people and showed good agility in the beginning of the fight as well in his other fights. He was fast enough to take out 4 armed cops who were shooting at him in seconds. He took out 3 cops quickly, while handcuffed, despite taking the shockwave of a building sized explosion mere minutes earlier. And as I pointed out in a similar type of battle where Matt fought someone with a similar strength advantage, he won with less difficulty, despite having injuries slowing him down and no having armored suit. So just being strong in order to give Daredevil the fight of his life isn't going to cut it.

Even if Kingpin isn't skilled, he's smart, and knew how to take advantage of his durability and strength. Bane's fights more like John Healy or Rance and while he's stronger than them, he's less agile and also has a weakness that can be exploited, something that Daredevil has a good chance of finding out and capitalizing on due to enhanced hearing/radar sense.

That being said I think Bane has a good chance of winning a majority but using Fisk as a comparison isn't the best way to go since they fight differently. Bane will fight back and create openings of his own in the process while Fisk would tank punches and attack when there are openings.

And Daredevil vs Fisk shouldn't bring Daredevil down rather than bring Fisk up since Fisk shown that he could keep up with a skilled fighter with actual skill and speed feats and wear down someone with ridiculous pain tolerance and endurance feats. If you go the other way it discredits all of Daredevil's previous showings against skilled opponents, opponents with strength advantage, and previous endurance/pain tolerance feats. If having a strength advantage was all you needed to give Daredevil a fight, Daredevil would've lost to Potter handily since he was already injured going into the fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dstreet45: No, it shows that Matt isn't that good. He can beat up a bunch of unskilled, physically inferior fodder thugs. That's nothing. He'd be an awesome fighter if he could overcome someone with a strength advantage easily, or if he could beat someone like Nobu. Yet he struggled with anyone stronger than him. Bane will destroy Matt. Matt has not sharp or bladed objects and no way to break banes mask. Bane is actually skilled, hits harder than Fisk, and was stated to have amazing combat speed, even greater than Batman's. Now compare that to Fisk, who is much slower, weaker, less durable, and just overall worse. Matt isn't winning.

RedLightning57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bane breaks him the mask i think gave him venim so hes not even street level daredevil is low level street level. almost just a normal guy with sticks thet heres good

waterbottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Daredevil. But I'm biased because the show is so great.

KingTPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peopen love to lowball MCU characters

Avatar image for black_of_shadow
Black_Of_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Daredevil was able to knock out Madame Gao's men and that SWAT team pretty quickly. And his suit was able to tank getting hit by Kingpin with that metal bar and Kingpin has a ridiculous amount of strength.

I don't know that Bane is stronger than Kingpin. Kingpin liquidized a head, flipped a giant steel table and constantly ragdolled fully grown men. Bane didn't show raw feats of strength like tossing people around like paper.

Also Kingpin was able to take everything that Matt dished out, even with his billy clubs.

People talking about Matt having trouble with regular thugs don't realize he fought hurt from episode one until he got the suit. A 100% Matt with his suits and batons can beat Bane.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dstreet45: Wow, excellent post. I completely agree with you.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@dstreet45: No, it shows that Matt isn't that good. He can beat up a bunch of unskilled, physically inferior fodder thugs.

And ignore the skilled fighters he faced and beaten.

That's nothing. He'd be an awesome fighter if he could overcome someone with a strength advantage easily,

Except it's not as simple as just having a strength advantage. Durability, endurance, and knowing when to strike also comes to play.

or if he could beat someone like Nobu.

Call me crazy be it seemed like Matt was actually doing better as the fight went on despite him getting sliced and stabbed. At least he was landing hits on Nobu as opposed to the beginning. I feel that he would've put up a better performance had they continued fighting H2H.

Hell even when Nobu fought in H2H some of his strikes launched Matt several feet away from him (the infamous punch while Matt was flipping in mid-air comes to mind) so he has pretty good striking power, probably even better than Bane. And Matt still got up and continued fighting like a champ.

No Caption Provided

He struggled to Potter due to injuries, and he struggled against Fisk since Fisk was tanking his punches and baton strikes. Neither of which is going to happen in this fight.

Matt has not sharp or bladed objects and no way to break banes mask.

Batman broke a it a second time at the end of the fight with a punch when he was interrogating Bane. You could hear it hiss and everything. Don't see why a well placed baton strike couldn't do the same.

Bane is actually skilled, hits harder than Fisk, and was stated to have amazing combat speed, even greater than Batman's.

Matt is just as skilled if not more so, arguably faster due to the cop fight scene in episode 13, has better pain tolerance, and is more agile. He has his batons which he could use and ricochet off walls, a surprise Bane doesn't know about.

Now compare that to Fisk, who is much slower, weaker, less durable, and just overall worse.

Because Fisk fights differently. He'd prefer to tank attacks because he's slower than his opponent and grab at them mid-attack and also since he could afford to do so. And Fisk isn't less durable/weaker than Bane. He tanked hits that one-shotted people and a spin kick that got him off his feet and threw Matt several feet into a dumpster and into walls. He bloodied up and knocked out his bodyguard with one simple headbutt after finding Wesley's corpse and continued to wail on him until Leland convinced him to stop. Tanked a taser to the neck. Flipped a heavy stone table. Casually lifted and threw people. They should be comparable in those area.

Matt isn't winning.

Agree to disagree. I see can Matt losing but it's going to be a tough fight period.

@dstreet45: Wow, excellent post. I completely agree with you.

Thanks.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

bane is being underrated here.

1. He was punching through concrete like nothing, his most popular feat showing damage output he can give. It was after his mask disoriented, so he was under immense pain at that time.
  2. Hebroke through handcuffs like nothing, with no support, no leverage, no motion, just brute force. This shows how easily he can generate force in close combat.
  3. He was 1-shotting people top police guys with ease, using pressure points, brute force, etc. They were not some random thugs, not some cannon fodder. Batman required effort to go through him.
  4. He tanked lots & lots of hits on face from batman in their first fight. But he never seemed to slow down. He wasn't just using brute force against him, he used his speed & fighting skills too. He was hurting batman in suit, the same suit which in TDK end faced a bullet, and a fall from big height.
  5. In their second fight, you can clearly see how his mask was disoriented, it was bat's wrist blades which cut through his mask, disorienting him. Only then his hits to face started hurting his mask. So, daredevil won't "break" the mask, bane will break him.
  6. Their fight was "slowed down" to real life level, so we can enjoy it.
ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador:

He was punching through concrete like nothing, his most popular feat showing damage output he can give. It was after his mask disoriented, so he was under immense pain at that time.

He didn't punch through concrete, he punched through the stucco facing of the pillar, then a little bit of the concrete beneath it. Impressive yes, but not something mindblowing.

Hebroke through handcuffs like nothing, with no support, no leverage, no motion, just brute force. This shows how easily he can generate force in close combat.

He never broke out of handcuffs, he broke plastic zip ties, still immensely impressive given how grounded the Nolan-verse is though.

He was 1-shotting people top police guys with ease, using pressure points, brute force, etc. They were not some random thugs, not some cannon fodder. Batman required effort to go through him.

One shotting fodder cops with zero feats, and he never used pressure points.

He tanked lots & lots of hits on face from batman in their first fight. But he never seemed to slow down. He wasn't just using brute force against him, he used his speed & fighting skills too. He was hurting batman in suit, the same suit which in TDK end faced a bullet, and a fall from big height.

Matt takes punches and they don't slow him down either. The bullet pierced the suit and hit Bruce so I'm not sure how it's a durability feat for the suit, and he used his cape to slow down the fall so much taht he didn't damage the car he landed on.

In their second fight, you can clearly see how his mask was disoriented, it was bat's wrist blades which cut through his mask, disorienting him. Only then his hits to face started hurting his mask. So, daredevil won't "break" the mask, bane will break him.

Matt threw his baton hard enough to punch through a windshield so a throw from his is definitely going to do something to the mask, maybe not break it in one hit but it's definitely going to do something.

Their fight was "slowed down" to real life level, so we can enjoy it.

Proof of this?

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Thanks for the compliment especially coming from a veteran like you.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@apex_pretador:

He didn't punch through concrete, he punched through the stucco facing of the pillar, then a little bit of the concrete beneath it. Impressive yes, but not something mindblowing.

Really impressive by human standards.

He never broke out of handcuffs, he broke plastic zip ties, still immensely impressive given how grounded the Nolan-verse is though.

When was it stated to be plastic?

One shotting fodder cops with zero feats, and he never used pressure points.

Cops were significantly above some random thugs. They were fighting on par with bane's assassins, which took 2-4 shots from batman each. (check end fight scene), the same batman who usually 1-shots fodder thugs.

Also, he was using neck hits, neck hits are pressure points if properly applied.

Matt takes punches and they don't slow him down either. The bullet pierced the suit and hit Bruce so I'm not sure how it's a durability feat for the suit, and he used his cape to slow down the fall so much taht he didn't damage the car he landed on

It absorbed the energy of bullet, otherwise bullet would've killed him. So, it shows blunt force absorption ability of suit.

In TDKR, the suit must be a minimum better than previous one or atleast same (I know there wasn't much improvement due to inactive batman).

As for punches to face, they were told as to mention that bane's mask got no damage from physical assault and hard punches from batman, and was working fine.

Matt threw his baton hard enough to punch through a windshield so a throw from his is definitely going to do something to the mask, maybe not break it in one hit but it's definitely going to do something.

See above point for mask durability. It was only disoriented after it was cut open, no brute force is doing it. Even then batman needed to hit mask again & again to keep bane off fight.

Proof of this?

Proof? you know that the actors are limited by their physical level of speed, they can't go faster, and if by using computer graphics, it was to be quickened, it'd have lost the "realistic" touch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dstreet45: Matt has never fought anyone as skilled as Bane besides nobu who he got destroyed by. I don't care that Matt gets up and keeps fighting like a champ, he would have died soon if not for the fire. And no Matt doesn't have better pain tolerance than someone who doesn't feel pain. You still have not shown me that Matt can beat bane, when he was getting manhandled by an unskilled man like Fisk.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_of_shadow: Fisk is not stronger than bane. Taking 24 hits to crush someone's head is not impressive and neither is flipping a table. Bane on the other hand punched through concrete, and Batman's Kevlar cowl. He also broke his back, and this is with Batman's armor on. Fisk, after throwing around Matt, did nothing to Matt. You have not given one reason Matt can win. He beats up fodder and then gets beaten up by Nobu and Fisk. He just isn't that good. Him being hurt is an excuse for him struggling and losing. Maybe he wouldn't be hurt all the time if he was, ya know, more skilled. You can't tell me a man who gets manhandled by an unskilled brute like Fisk is beating a trained martial artist with superhuman striking power who does not feel pain, like Bane.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@dstreet45: Matt has never fought anyone as skilled as Bane

John Healy due to the fact that he took out two guards bigger than him in a blink of an eye.

besides nobu who he got destroyed by.

Mainly due to the blades. And DD was still putting up a fight as the fight went on. And honestly IMO Nobu is more skilled than Bane. Hell DD showed more skill due to his liberal use of attacking joints, grappling, suplexes, choke-outs, bone breaking, spin kicks, holds, and good ole fashion boxing.

I don't care that Matt gets up and keeps fighting like a champ, he would have died soon if not for the fire.

And he wouldn't have been in that position if not for the blades, something Bane doesn't have.

And no Matt doesn't have better pain tolerance than someone who doesn't feel pain.

Get back to me when Bane can still keep fighting with a collapsed lung, broken ribs, multiple lacerations, and a concussion on top of other injuries. Get back to me when Bane lands hits on a superior skilled opponent while he himself is losing blood from multiple lacerations and stab wounds, one of which was so deep he was being dragged on the floor due to it.

You still have not shown me that Matt can beat bane, when he was getting manhandled by an unskilled man like Fisk.

Bane doesn't fight like Fisk and Daredevil facing skilled opponents and defeating them with less difficulty. The only other strong fighter Matt faced he didn't have as much trouble with and he was still dealing with injuries. As I said if being strong was the only thing needed to give Daredevil a fight he would've lost.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dstreet45: Healy taking out two fodder quickly isn't better than Bane beating batman, or stomping guards when his gang attacked the bank.

Even before the blades came out Matt was losing. Nobu was landing a lot more hits and evading all of Matt's moves. Matt was destroyed by Nobu, it wasn't even close.

Why would Bane need to fight through that stuff? Its cool Matt can do that. But that doesn't mean he beats bane. That says nothing about his ability to beat bane. He isn't fighting through a broken back.

Matt never beat anyone as skilled as Batman or Bane. I don't see why Band not fighting like Fisk matters, Matt has low striking power compared to Bane and will not be able to put Bane down or take Banes hits for long. If Fisk manhandled Matt, bane would beat him even easier. The only reason Matty beat Fisk was because his armor allowed him to survive when Fisk was beating him with his batons. Matt has never met anyone like Bane.

QuakeBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@dstreet45: Healy taking out two fodder quickly isn't better than Bane beating batman, or stomping guards when his gang attacked the bank.

Even before the blades came out Matt was losing. Nobu was landing a lot more hits and evading all of Matt's moves. Matt was destroyed by Nobu, it wasn't even close.

Why would Bane need to fight through that stuff? Its cool Matt can do that. But that doesn't mean he beats bane. That says nothing about his ability to beat bane. He isn't fighting through a broken back.

Matt never beat anyone as skilled as Batman or Bane. I don't see why Band not fighting like Fisk matters, Matt has low striking power compared to Bane and will not be able to put Bane down or take Banes hits for long. If Fisk manhandled Matt, bane would beat him even easier. The only reason Matty beat Fisk was because his armor allowed him to survive when Fisk was beating him with his batons. Matt has never met anyone like Bane.

Batman has a handful of good feats but lost every fight he had against established fighters (non-canon fodder). He's only fought two noteworthy opponents (Ra's and Bane) and failed to beat them both. His only feats are against fodder, and while he has some pretty good feats as far as fodder goes, that means he's only in league with characters like Daredevil, Hit-Girl and Black Widow, who also only have fodder feats.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DSTREET45
@jayc1324 said:

It's comparable to the guard fight at the stock market scene. The part about Batman is fair enough though he wasn't as good as he was before. I never said he was better just that he was about as skilled. Bane is admittedly stronger though.

Even before the blades came out Matt was losing. Nobu was landing a lot more hits and evading all of Matt's moves.

I know. The thing is Matt started to land hits when the blades came out despite being injured by them. Had the fight stayed in H2H, and at some point it briefly did go back to H2H and Matt was landing hits, Matt most likely would've put up a better fight.

Why would Bane need to fight through that stuff? Its cool Matt can do that. But that doesn't mean he beats bane.

It shows that Matt has better pain tolerance feats, something you disagreed with.

That says nothing about his ability to beat bane.

It shows that he could withstand Bane's hits and keep fighting.

He isn't fighting through a broken back.

You mean a dislocated back? And likewise Bane isn't going to last long if his mask is compromised which I feel is a possibility.

Matt never beat anyone as skilled as Batman or Bane.

Matt already shown more skill than the both of them regardless.

I don't see why Band not fighting like Fisk matters, Matt has low striking power compared to Bane and will not be able to put Bane down

Again I'm reserving that he holds his own until he attacks the mask, part of which was disconnected with a punch when Batman was interrogating Bane. And I'm sure Bane isn't tanking baton strikes like they were nothing. Hell one spin-kick got the much heavier Fisk off his feet and another send a man flying into and damaging a windshield a few feet away from him. That's pretty good striking power. Even if he doesn't put Bane down I think he could at least manage to hold his own.

or take Banes hits for long.

Again Matt already took strikes that left him flying, fell out of 3 stories windows, and still was able to fight back and even win his fights. That's more damage than what Bane putting out on his opponents in the movie.

If Fisk manhandled Matt, bane would beat him even easier.

I don't doubt it. What I do doubt is if it's enough to give him the clear win. Despite what you say about Fisk manhandling Matt, Matt wasn't much worse for wear after the fight ended. At worst he had a bloody lip and nose and was a little out of breath. He was still able to run up walls and use parkour to leave the scene so he wasn't completely exhausted.

The only reason Matty beat Fisk was because his armor allowed him to survive when Fisk was beating him with his batons.

And? Daredevil has his suit here anyways. He still has better reflex feats than Bane, displayed better combat speed earlier in the final episode, and faced comparable if not greater damage output in his various fights.

Matt has never met anyone like Bane.

And Bane never handled anyone like Matt whose agile and has more variety of moves to use.

Again Matt can lose, hell I've argued him losing before. It just won't be easy. IMO it's a toss-up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dstreet45: Still not sure how Matt plans on putting bane down. And he hit a dumpster and another landing when he fell from the window don't make it seem like he just fell three stories uninterrupted. He has never been hit by someone as strong as bane. Matt's agility is good and will help but if he can get tagged by fodder he can get tagged by Bane. How can Matt have greater tolerance than someone who doesn't feel pain? And Matt would smell the gas in banes mask, but simply punching the mask didn't break it, batman had to use his gauntlets. Matt has no sharp object.

And no Matt is not more skilled than bane or batman. He struggles way too much and takes so long to beat people like Rance. Batman or bane would overpower rance quickly. Like I said, bane is much better than Fisk and Fisk only lost because of matt's suit. Matt's suit won't save him here though. Since bane still broke batman though his suit.

Also let's not forget that Matt got tasered by Owlsley, a man whose at least 60, in the episode with stick. That shows pretty bad reflexes. Its a low showing, but it shows that Matt isn't infallible. He can be surprised and if he underestimates banes speed he will definitely lose, and his reflexes aren't always perfect.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quakeblood: He stalemated Ra's and defeated Bane the second time. That's better than simply beating fodder, and it's better than getting destroyed by nobu and losing to an unskilled man (Fisk) because he's stronger

QuakeBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By QuakeBlood
@jayc1324 said:

@quakeblood: He stalemated Ra's and defeated Bane the second time. That's better than simply beating fodder, and it's better than getting destroyed by nobu and losing to an unskilled man (Fisk) because he's stronger

I could just as easily say Bruce struggles in his fights as well. Even against Ras Bruce only won when Ras got distracted, even Bruce sarcastically noted he needed to learn to mind his surroundings. Which fighter has batman actually beaten through skill?

Hell, Bruce's track record against notable individuals consists of getting stomped by Bane in their first encounter, keeping up with him in their second encounter.

Bane's physical advantage was enough to beat Batman without very much difficulty at all, granted Batman wasn't in shape then, but even after the pit Batman was still fighting a losing battle, he stood his ground but the fight clearly asserted Bane as superior; hence why for every few hits Batman landed, Bane's one did more damage.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DSTREET45

@jayc1324 said:

@dstreet45: Still not sure how Matt plans on putting bane down.

Same way I said in my previous post.

And he hit a dumpster and another landing when he fell from the window don't make it seem like he just fell three stories uninterrupted.

Still impressive.

He has never been hit by someone as strong as bane.

I just showed a gif of Matt being hit with a punch that launched him several feet in the air while he himself was spinning in mid-air. That's more than what I saw Bane do.

Matt's agility is good and will help but if he can get tagged by fodder he can get tagged by Bane.

Post episode 2 Matt was only tagged by fodder twice. And Batman was also tagged by fodder too.

How can Matt have greater tolerance than someone who doesn't feel pain?

Due to actually having pain tolerance feats. You telling me that Bane not feeling pain extends to having broken bone, stab wounds and lacerations despite never having comparable feats?

And Matt would smell the gas in banes mask, but simply punching the mask didn't break it, batman had to use his gauntlets. Matt has no sharp object.

Again watch when Bane was defeated and Batman was interrogating him. Batman broke though it again with a punch.

And no Matt is not more skilled than bane or batman. He struggles way too much and takes so long to beat people like Rance.

Who was a professional assassin hired by a guy with connections on high and when Daredevil was first starting out.

Basically Daredevil showed more martial arts wise.

Batman or bane would overpower rance quickly.

Based on what? I don't deny that they would beat him mid-diff but quickly is stretching it.

Like I said, bane is much better than Fisk and Fisk only lost because of matt's suit. Matt's suit won't save him here though. Since bane still broke batman though his suit.

And random goons got through Batman's suit and bruised him as well. It's a good buffer but he still gets hurt through it. Probably the same with Matt's suit but so far the only damage we saw with him wearing it was around the lower facial region where his body was exposed.

Also let's not forget that Matt got tasered by Owlsley, a man whose at least 60, in the episode with stick. That shows pretty bad reflexes. Its a low showing, but it shows that Matt isn't infallible. He can be surprised and if he underestimates banes speed he will definitely lose, and his reflexes aren't always perfect.

I could say the same about Batman when Crane, a man with no battle experience, got the drop on Bruce and gassed him. And Matt was distracted by Stick's return which was what gave Leland the opening.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dstreet45: And what way is that? Unless Matt finds some way to break his mask he can't put Bane down without killing him, and Matt won't kill at this point.

He basically fell one story, three consecutive times. Impressive, but doesn't mean he can't be beaten by bane.

Bane broke Batman's cowl, which was basically a modified motorcycle helmet, meaning Kevlar and hardened plastic. No one in daredevils show hits that hard.

Fisk is slow and he tagged Matt many, many times.

Matt can have all the feats he wants but bane doesn't feel pain at all. So Matt can't have a greater tolerance. It's like saying I have a heater tolerance for alcohol than Captain America does, when Cap can't get drunk in the first place.

It was already broken from the strike from the gauntlet. Bane let batman punch him many times during their first fight.

Rance is not impressive though. He kept fumbling around with his knife and stuff, and just isn't comparable to Ra's or Bane.

Matt has 13 hours of combat feats. Bane has 4 fighting scenes I can remember. Of course matt has more feats. But he has still never beaten anyone as skilled as Bruce or bane, and he still got beaten up by nobu and stick. He struggles with guys like Potter and Healy, he isn't beating a tank like Bane, who is even faster and stronger than Batman.

What random goons brusied Bruce? And Batman's suit is still more durable than Matts. It was made for the military and is hardened Kevlar. Some of matt's suit isn't even that protective, IIRC it was only the black parts (or maybe the red parts). Point is, his suit has a lot of weak points.

Crane is a lot younger though, and you can't really dodge gas since it spreads through the air. But remember we aren't talking about Matt vs Bruce so it doesn't matter anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quakeblood: What's wrong with Bane being Bruce's superior? That is just an awesome feat for Bane. Remember that Matt is fighting Bane here, not Bruce. It doesn't matter what Bruce does here. You are making Bruce look better by bringing up his losses to Bane. Bruce was stated by ras to be his best student, but bane was so hardcore that ras excommunicated him. That just shows how much of a monster Bane is. If Matt struggled with Fisk's strength and durability, Bane is just going to be overwhelming. Too strong, doesn't feel pain, very skilled, and combat speed greater than Batman's.

QuakeBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Because 90% of all the people bruce fought were cannon fodder. I'm not saying Daredevil beats Bane but I think it's a close one.