• 139 results
#101 Posted by batmanprep (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1: but remember, Damien Dhark has centuries of fighting experience with League of assasins and his own agenda(he lived long with lazarus water)

Even 70s Savage has thousands of years of experience, above human stats yet She could defend against them

#102 Edited by Pokeysteve (11824 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1: Matt doesn't have the feats. Sara was able to hold her own against Damian and Ollie. Not at the same time though. Obviously haha. Matt's best feat is probably his fight with Stick or fodder.

#103 Posted by BruceRogers (11554 posts) - - Show Bio
#104 Posted by Hemehero (905 posts) - - Show Bio
#105 Posted by Hemehero (905 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt takes it. He held his own against Murakami and Bakuto at the same time, fought Iron Fist and seemed to be beating him and has a significant strength advantage and durability advantage.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#106 Posted by AllStarSuperman (40236 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Sara

#107 Posted by Arcus1 (24594 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1: but remember, Damien Dhark has centuries of fighting experience with League of assasins and his own agenda(he lived long with lazarus water)

Even 70s Savage has thousands of years of experience, above human stats yet She could defend against them

Yeah but his feats aren't as good as Elektra's. All the 5 Fingers of the Hand also had centuries of fighting experience and Daredevil was superior to at least Bakuto and Murakami (the only ones he actually fought)

70s Savage didn't really do much to show superhuman stats, and his fighting ability was noticeably inferior to present/future Savage

@arcus1: Matt doesn't have the feats. Sara was able to hold her own against Damian and Ollie. Not at the same time though. Obviously haha. Matt's best feat is probably his fight with Stick or fodder.

Matt's got better feats than that: stomping Nobu for example, or Defenders feats (I don't wanna spoil it if you haven't seen Defenders yet)

#108 Edited by the_wspanialy (2120 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Sara. Good fight though.

#109 Posted by Arcus1 (24594 posts) - - Show Bio

GIF

I gotta say, this does look cool (from the trailer)

#110 Posted by Pokeysteve (11824 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:
@Pokeysteve said:

Matt's got better feats than that: stomping Nobu for example, or Defenders feats (I don't wanna spoil it if you haven't seen Defenders yet)

When did he stomp Nobu? I remember him getting his ass kicked twice. Did they fight a third time I'm forgetting? Once in season one and then on the roof toward the end of season 2 right?

I have seen Defenders and nothing in that was better than the stick fight. I'm assuming you're referencing his fight with Sky. They made it pretty clear both of them were holding back.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#111 Posted by AllStarSuperman (40236 posts) - - Show Bio

Sara

#112 Posted by MonkeyStarship (472 posts) - - Show Bio

Sara.

#113 Posted by Arcus1 (24594 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:
@Pokeysteve said:

When did he stomp Nobu? I remember him getting his ass kicked twice. Did they fight a third time I'm forgetting? Once in season one and then on the roof toward the end of season 2 right?

I have seen Defenders and nothing in that was better than the stick fight. I'm assuming you're referencing his fight with Sky. They made it pretty clear both of them were holding back.

Loading Video...

He went back and forth with Nobu, even in the roof fight, he was winning at first, then when Elektra got involved Nobu got bloodlusted and took them down, but then Matt got bloodlusted and "killed" Nobu, so kinda confusing, but I'd say by the Daredevil we saw in Defenders was more consistently performing at the level he was at when he beat Nobu, not when he lost.

Honestly the Stick fight isn't that impressive cause we don't know how much Stick trying in that fight or even have a very good gauge for Stick's unarmed fighting ability (other than his swordfight with Elektra he's never been that impressive).

Neither of them were holding back in their first fight. Being better than Danny is also very good for Matt, and he was holding his own against/beating Murakami and Bakuto simultaneously

#114 Posted by Arcus1 (24594 posts) - - Show Bio

Sara.

Any reasons? Sara's best feats involve blades, and Matt's suit is largely resistant to blades (Sara doesn't even have a sword here, but I might change the op to give her one). I'm not sure I see Sara putting Matt down before he can beat her

#115 Posted by lukehero (34463 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1: Matt's a better fighter(CQC wise), but if she brings Sonics and Guns he's getting shot.

#116 Posted by Arcus1 (24594 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

@arcus1: Matt's a better fighter(CQC wise), but if she brings Sonics and Guns he's getting shot.

She does't carry either of those as standard gear currently

#117 Posted by jashro44 (44760 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

Sara hasn't used sonics since season 2. Guns could be troublesome but Sara doesn't really have any stand out feats with guns.

#118 Posted by lukehero (34463 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1: @jashro44:I thought she had feats in that LOT episode when Rick sent her to assassinate that guy. OOps nevermind the sonics then...

#119 Posted by lukehero (34463 posts) - - Show Bio

Um No. He was beating up Iron Fist, when Fist was pissed off in that old Theater and he was beating two fingers of the hand at the same time.

#120 Posted by lukehero (34463 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1: Yeah Jashro pointed that out.

#121 Posted by Pokeysteve (11824 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:
@Pokeysteve said:

He went back and forth with Nobu, even in the roof fight, he was winning at first, then when Elektra got involved Nobu got bloodlusted and took them down, but then Matt got bloodlusted and "killed" Nobu, so kinda confusing, but I'd say by the Daredevil we saw in Defenders was more consistently performing at the level he was at when he beat Nobu, not when he lost.

Honestly the Stick fight isn't that impressive cause we don't know how much Stick trying in that fight or even have a very good gauge for Stick's unarmed fighting ability (other than his swordfight with Elektra he's never been that impressive).

Neither of them were holding back in their first fight. Being better than Danny is also very good for Matt, and he was holding his own against/beating Murakami and Bakuto simultaneously

I can't agree that he "beat" Nobu ever. The clubs really helped him on the roof. Defenders really helped his consistency. I agree with that as well.

Ahhh I forgot he fought Iron Fist. Okay I agree that that is a better feat than fighting Stick.

His fight with B and M wasn't impressive to me. Mostly because of the horrible way they shot it. Reminded me of Nolan's Batman. Pull it up and watch it closely. Matt does a lot of jumping around and at one point Bakuto thrusts with his sword and just misses Matt completely even though his back is turned haha.

#122 Posted by Arcus1 (24594 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:
@Pokeysteve said:

I can't agree that he "beat" Nobu ever. The clubs really helped him on the roof. Defenders really helped his consistency. I agree with that as well.

Ahhh I forgot he fought Iron Fist. Okay I agree that that is a better feat than fighting Stick.

His fight with B and M wasn't impressive to me. Mostly because of the horrible way they shot it. Reminded me of Nolan's Batman. Pull it up and watch it closely. Matt does a lot of jumping around and at one point Bakuto thrusts with his sword and just misses Matt completely even though his back is turned haha.

Sure the clubs helped but that's no different than Nobu having his weapon. And he definitely beat him hereNo Caption Provided

Yeah the filming wasn't ideal, but that doesn't mean the feat itself isn't impressive. Bakuto's a solid fighter, established to be superior to Colleen, and Murakami also has some impressive feats, in addition to being Nobu's boss. Judging just by how it looks it's maybe not that impressive, but that's not all that matters.

I think I remember the moment you're talking about, maybe, if it's what I'm thinking of, Bakuto hit him but Matt's suit is pretty blade resistant so it didn't really matter

#123 Posted by Pokeysteve (11824 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:
Yeah the filming wasn't ideal, but that doesn't mean the feat itself isn't impressive. Bakuto's a solid fighter, established to be superior to Colleen, and Murakami also has some impressive feats, in addition to being Nobu's boss. Judging just by how it looks it's maybe not that impressive, but that's not all that matters.

I think I remember the moment you're talking about, maybe, if it's what I'm thinking of, Bakuto hit him but Matt's suit is pretty blade resistant so it didn't really matter

It takes away from the feat for me. The results don't matter if the fight doesn't make sense. Bakuto is one of the MCU's established fighters though. Definitely.

#124 Posted by Arcus1 (24594 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:

It takes away from the feat for me. The results don't matter if the fight doesn't make sense. Bakuto is one of the MCU's established fighters though. Definitely.

I'd generally disagree, less than ideal choreography, even slight errors, doesn't automatically disqualify a fight. The intent was clearly to portray Matt holding his own against or even beating Murakami and Bakuto simultaneously, and while the camera was shaky and there were lots of cuts, that's what we saw. Sometimes extremely bad choreography or huge errors could take away from a fight scene, but even then that wouldn't mean it's completely negated if the intention of the story is still there

I think I saw what you were talking about, it looks like he goes for a thrust but Matt was moving and moved out of the way

#125 Posted by Arcus1 (24594 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#126 Posted by jashro44 (44760 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil for a slight majority.

#127 Posted by TheKinfing (9021 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt.

#128 Posted by Arcus1 (24594 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump in anticipation of LoT S3 tonight

#129 Posted by Arcus1 (24594 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

So...did she just break chains by hitting them? Not totally clear what happened here

Also, ancient Roman soldiers totally wore compression shorts

#130 Posted by The_Magister (3196 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:
No Caption Provided

So...did she just break chains by hitting them? Not totally clear what happened here

LMAO. C'mon CW, you gotta do better than that

#131 Posted by Arcus1 (24594 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:
No Caption Provided

And apparently this Ava lady just ko's two soldiers by smacking them with the chains?

No Caption Provided

At least this was cool

No Caption Provided

#132 Posted by The_Magister (3196 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:
@the_magister said:
@arcus1 said:
No Caption Provided

And apparently this Ava lady just ko's two soldiers by smacking them with the chains?

No Caption Provided

At least this was cool

No Caption Provided

Yo Sara is legit, I gotta give her props where it's due. WHERE IS THE RESPECT THREAD AT?????!!!!!

#133 Posted by Arcus1 (24594 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister: I considered starting one, but didn't have the time

But yeah, Legends has turned her into quite the fighter. Almost to the point where I kinda wanna let others have a chance to shine, but we're not quite there yet

#134 Posted by The_Magister (3196 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1: I don't really follow the show, I mainly just know about her feats from YouTube.

(An AoS/MCU fanboy always needs to keep sharp, there are some damn good CW/Arrowverse debaters on here lmao)

#135 Posted by Arcus1 (24594 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister: Haha that's fair

The show itself honestly makes zero sense half the time, but while they tried to pretend like it did make sense the first season, for last season and now they're doing a better job of just embracing the outlandishness, so if you like that it's a fun watch

#136 Posted by The_Magister (3196 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1: Cool, might give it another shot in the future

#137 Posted by AngelJax (4127 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister: @arcus1: Yeah that entire scene was insane for Sara. Even her beating Julius Ceaser was a good feat. I'm pretty sure TheSuperor made a Respect Thread of her already.

Here's a comp of her fights from LoT S1-2

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

@arcus1: Cool, might give it another shot in the future

It's a cool show if you let it. It takes a lot of suspension of disbelief but it's super fun.

#138 Posted by geekryan (636 posts) - - Show Bio

Sara wins

#139 Posted by OOCMikeyy (302 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt round 1

Canary round 2

#140 Posted by Arcus1 (24594 posts) - - Show Bio

Any new thoughts?