nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

MCU Daredevil vs Grant Ward from Agents of Shield. Both combatants are unarmed and this is strictly a H2H combat fight. Matt is wearing his final red suit from the season finale. Ward is wearing a standard Shield outfit. Fight takes place on the streets of New York City and they start 10 yards apart. Win via death or incapacitation. Who wins and why?

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By TheSuperor

Daredevil 8/10

ob1ed209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil 7/10 times.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I think Ward 6/10 he almost beat May in H2H (who is better than Widow) and he turns SHIELD agents into fodder.

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the red suit I think Matt takes it in H2H.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SupremeGeneration

I think Ward 6/10 he almost beat May in H2H (who is better than Widow) and he turns SHIELD agents into fodder.

Agree to disagree on the Widow thing.

Otherwise I agree with Ward 6/10.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@thesuperor: True enough but it doesn't make him invincible, it only allows to not get dropped by Ward sooner.

@supremegeneration:Well she does have tons of H2H feats compared to Widow and she's also stated to be SHIELD's best H2H combatant but yeah agree to disagree.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even without suit I'd say Matt for a slight majority.

Gigantonigro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ward because Until Dawn

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What does the red suit do here? It only helps with piercing style attacks . I think as of now this is a pretty even fight

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: The suit protects against blunt force attacks as well. Fisk smacked DD across the head with a large pipe and it didnt KO him. Just sent some sparks. He then beat the hell out of him with the same pipe and the suit was shown giving off sparks with each hit. Matt got up as if he didnt feel anything. If the suit can protect against the force of Fisk bashing it with a pipe repeatedly, Ward's punches aren't going to be felt at all.

Avatar image for idontknowwhattoputhere
IDontKnowWhatToPutHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have to go with Daredevil, because when Ward was fighting a woman he had drugged and tortured, they were fighting on equal terms, perhaps with fight in Bobbi's favor, and it wasn't until Kara came in that it turned to Ward and Kara's favor because of 2v1 and Bobbi didn't want to hurt Kara. So I'd say this goes to DD easily.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you guys all sure that Matt takes Ward? Ward is a lot more experienced and has arguably better H2H combat feats. I know Matt has him in acrobatics/reflexes and pain tolerance but is that enough to trump Ward's arsenal?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rogueshadow  Moderator

Ward.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Ward, is cooler

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jacthripper
Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ward

militaryMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch Ward stomps

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Paytience

Upping for others to replace the first page locked thread. Of there are any earlier than this, I couldn't find it.

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@militaryman: Without the armor it's a mismatch. But Ward is gonna have a hard time keeping Matt down with no weapons when he's wearing armor that can take a beating from Fisk with metal pipes. Ward is without a doubt more skilled and probably stronger but Matt's durability and speed/reflexes can even out the fight.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rogueshadow  Moderator
waterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil 6/4 but great match very close

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current ward may be able to win. But its close

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Paytience

Man, as much as I want it to be, it really isn't close. DD has some impressive performances, however, Ward just works and fights on an entirely different tier from DD. The real truth of the matter is that the two mercenaries that DD fought took him hard; on the other hand, some of the top mercenaries in the world have been turned into fodder by AoS cast members on several occasions. Daredevil struggled with Rance, a simple professional hitman. Ward on the other hand is set on tier with the most legendary assassin in the world, Natasha Romanoff. Daredevil is awesome, and has some impressive displays (the arrow kick for example) however impressive displays don't always make for the best results in a 1 on 1 fight. Daredevil is nice against fodder, and most mid level names, however, he has been challenged more than once by trained, physical, forward fighting combatants. Ward fits all three of those discriptions, is far more well trained than any of the mercs DD has fought, and has spent the last couple years pitting those skills against super spies, high level assasins, and metahumans alike.

The fact of the matter is that DD is a street level hero with street level villains...Ward on the other hand is a head of Hydra, decidedly not a street level villain. (From hence forth, I shall refer to street tiered villains of a high level, such as a head of hydra, like von strucker or Ward, or high level agents such as May, and Widow, as Agency Level Characters...these are any threats which may not necessarily be superhuman, but more than likely will require a team to take safely, or who require the particular attention of a powerful agency -who agrees?)

This may all change, but right now Ward has him on feats, training, strength of opponent and experience. Lawd I want to say Daredevil but I just really, really can't. :(

Here's a video though:

Keep in mind in that, Ward had recently been shot, those agents were assigned to one of the last heads of Hydra...a man so powerful, that he was able to order a nuclear strike on New York city. I am not being sarcastic when I say that the agent who was "well fought" is on tier with Ransic.

abraham700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By abraham700

Luke Cage would probably lose to Grant ward in arm wrestle ... Why? ...huh ... well ... Grant is up in the hierarchy. He's level 7...duh!

This is starting to get boring, some people believe that there is a hierarchy of skills in MCU.

They say: ''Avengers> Shield = Hydra> Netflix''

No Caption Provided

Oh really! Who was the genius who invented it?

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DD beats ward after a good fight in h2h, honestly ward and take a few wins after season 3 since he's shown more impressive feats(Even better than May and Bobbi imo).

Although it would be different after DD season 2.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rogueshadow  Moderator
Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@abraham700: Well, lets be fair the fodder in Avengers movies are superstrong aliens and robots with the actually powerful villains being way more powerful. The fodder in Shield are mostly highly trained agents and there are also the likes of Kree, Asgardians and other superhumans. The fodder in Daredevil were mostly thugs in Jessica Jones a lot of them were only civilians. So its not like this hierachy doesn't have some sense to it.

I'm still backing Matt though, Ward never beat a superhuman on his show unarmed and only beat one at all. Pretty much all of his impressive fight scenes include some form of weaponry, mostly of the improvised type. Matt is faster and more agile, his suit gives him higher durability, he can take an incredible amount of punishment and has beaten Fisk and Stick people who are stronger or more skilled than himself.

Avatar image for theonewhodoesso
TheOneWhoDoesSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katanalauncher said:

DD beats ward after a good fight in h2h, honestly ward and take a few wins after season 3 since he's shown more impressive feats(Even better than May and Bobbi imo).

Although it would be different after DD season 2.

I agree on May, but Bobbi's a beast and thrashed the crap out of him until Kara showed up. But apart from that, I agree with this ^

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhodoesso:

I don't think Bobbi trashed him, they were fighting evenly and Ward didn't want to kill her.

And season 3 Ward shown better feats than them(beating Hydra assassins).

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Murdock

Avatar image for theonewhodoesso
TheOneWhoDoesSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katanalauncher:

Sorry, I meant for the state she was in at the time (Iced in the face, tortured, probably exhausted and starved as well) she did incredibly well to fight him so well. So (now this is obviously just my opinion) in a one on one rematch (not new Darth Ward, just normal Ward) i'd say she would win against him.

However I agree with the rest of what you said.

abraham700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By abraham700

@stahlflamme said:

@abraham700: Well, lets be fair the fodder in Avengers movies are superstrong aliens and robots with the actually powerful villains being way more powerful. The fodder in Shield are mostly highly trained agents and there are also the likes of Kree, Asgardians and other superhumans. The fodder in Daredevil were mostly thugs in Jessica Jones a lot of them were only civilians. So its not like this hierachy doesn't have some sense to it.

I'm still backing Matt though, Ward never beat a superhuman on his show unarmed and only beat one at all. Pretty much all of his impressive fight scenes include some form of weaponry, mostly of the improvised type. Matt is faster and more agile, his suit gives him higher durability, he can take an incredible amount of punishment and has beaten Fisk and Stick people who are stronger or more skilled than himself.

There are hierarchies of skills, yes, but They are not attached to governmental organizations or teams.

1 - Agents of SHIELD can be defeated by street characters.

2 - Avengers can be defeated by an agent of hydra, even with avengers above of Hydra in hierarchy.

This hierarchy has little meaning When translated into skills. This is like social classes, nothing more.

NOTE: In comics street characters like Shang Chi, Daredevil and Elektra are above of Black Widow, Falcon or Psylocke.

The fact that Captain America, Black Widow and Psylocke fighting against aliens, robots and gods did not help much.

Daredevil humbled Psylocke, Black Widow was beaten by Bullseye and Captain America was defeated by Taskmaster.

Being part of a group or face superhuman beings don't makes difference in Marvel comics, Daredevil eat the agents of Shield at breakfast. Punisher kill the super spy, the legendary Nick Fury.

I believe that rule remain in the MCU, Be a member of the avengers or be in interplanetary missions against gods does not mean much when this is translated into a real fight.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42  Edited By Stahlflamme

@theonewhodoesso:

I don't think Bobbi trashed him, they were fighting evenly and Ward didn't want to kill her.

And season 3 Ward shown better feats than them(beating Hydra assassins).

Not even remotely better than either. He only fought two of those assassins hand-to-hand and took multiple hit, May took down three of Wards fight club meat piles without breaking a sweat, Bobbi took down two of Wards underlings and Kebo, who seemingly has a glass jaw, but is pretty tough otherwise. If you wanna include the gun parts then lets not forget Bobbi took down a room full of Hydra agents in a gunfight. Additionally to that May has actually beaten a guy with super strength in pure hand-to-hand combat. And if Bobbi after hours of torture still has the advantage against him in a fight its fair to say she is better than him.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was disappointed with almost all of DD's fighting in Season 1, honestly. I mean it looked cool and flashy, but it seemed like it took him forever to take even fodder down. However, WITH the suit, I think he and Ward are pretty evenly matched. I hope Season 2 ramps up DD's effectiveness.

abraham700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SEASON 2: Nobu back from the dead, Nobu takes 2 thrashings of Daredevil.

Daredevil defeat 5 ninjas in less than 10 seconds.

Daredevil CURBSTOMP !!!!!

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we're talking current versions (since season 2 of DD is out and done) then IMO, DD takes it. The man has seriously improved his h2h and even his radar sense (he learned how to track hand ninjas, whose entire thing is staying silent all the time)

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ward still probably wins

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt wins this especially so far in season 2

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

After S2 I'd probably lean Matt, but not by much.

Ward is no pushover though, he's on May's level and she's one if the better fighters in the MCU, she's probably on Widow's tier and just below guys like Cap and Buck.

Matt has some great feats in S2 though, like fighting Hand ninja who hide heartbeats and clearing them down in seconds and even taking it to Nobu who nearly killed him S1.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 rogueshadow  Moderator

I'd say Ward still wins on paper, but if this ever goes down in Universe, Matt's gonna win and it won't be PIS. After season 1 I wouldn't have said that.

omnipotence88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By omnipotence88

Daredevil