Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Matt (as pictured) replaces MCU Danny Rand in the Hand's grand duel. He must go unarmed against:

• Butcher Bros
  • Bride of Nine Spiders
  • Scythe

Bonus

• Bakuto(with katana)

Fights take place in the same locations they do in Netflix's Iron Fist, same rules as the show.

Matt gets no rest and no healing

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm confident he can clear all 3 plus the bonus round. I honestly didn't find any of those four impressive. I think Nobu is probably above any of them, and S2 Daredevil is above Nobu.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestormfate1919 said:

I'm confident he can clear all 3 plus the bonus round. I honestly didn't find any of those four impressive. I think Nobu is probably above any of them, and S2 Daredevil is above Nobu.

This.

Slim_Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil clears. The gauntlet was super unimpressive, plus DD would smell/taste the poison even if it could pierce his armor so he would have it even easier. Nobu probably clears too

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestormfate1919: well how easily would you say he clears? Cause I'd have Danny at more skilled than Matt. And Bakuto can be scaled to Nobu(both leading hand ninja, and someone even Gao feared)

And Matt and nobu have a pretty even record if you think about it. The times he beat him were by throwing him off a building, throwing him over a balcony and setting him on fire. I don't see those applying here

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt clears.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears, faster and easier then IF. First two rounds go down in seconds.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt has better luck with the first two than Danny did (his awareness is better and he's probably not going to be at risk of getting psuedo seduced), he struggles more on the third but he can clear.

NightSky86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NightSky86

Matt clears, I still don't get the people who say Danny is more skilled than him, I've finished 10 episodes so far and haven't seen why, first impression of Bakuto is that he's cute next to Nobu

Also major CIS stopped the Bride of the Nine Spiders from just ending Danny multiple times, instead she chose to talk shit, the only thing that saved Danny there was plot protection

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he could clear with more difficulty than Danny. He's probably not as skilled but he is skilled enough in addition to being fast and having better overall awareness than Danny.

The brothers were skilled but I could see Matt taking them.

I not sure if he could avoid getting seduced by BONS but he has fought while poisoned before. And before someone points out that it was against a simple Hand ninja instead of one of the leaders, this was before Matt was able to properly track them so even when he was healthy he still had trouble against them. By the end of S2 he was able to clear through them with ease somewhat like Danny was doing, so he'd definitely finish the fight quicker if it happened again. And to be honest, BONS didn't really impress me that much fighting wise. If he could avoid being poisoned, pretty likely IMO, he'd clear this round without much problems.

Scythe is also pretty good (killed a room full of people off-screen) but I wouldn't really put him above Nobu who Matt could beat. Granted it's possible that Matt could be hurt from previous fights but his pain/damage soak is pretty high so while I could be a problem I think he still has a shot. He could stop here but I see him clearing.

Toss up. Bakuto was pretty much mid-diffed by Danny so I could see a relatively exhausted Daredevil pulling off a win if he goes all out. It's not the first time Matt had to go through several fights and take on someone. But Bakuto for all intents an purposes is no joke and the sword is more than enough to give him fits so without his batons I think Daredevil could also lose this one. I'd probably side with Matt's stamina and pain tolerance giving him the win but Bakuto is just as likely capable of slicing him open if Matt's not careful.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

A major thing for me here is that the Bride of Nine Spiders' femme fatale/poison schtick ain't doing shit to Matt given his senses and that he's had truckloads of sex, he takes her out pretty easily. Plus he has the suit, the gauntlets of which can block bladed weapons. Even still, by the time he gets to Bakuto he'll be pretty tired, and with a sword swinging at him with as much skill as Bakuto had, it would be rough.

@dstreet45 - How do you think S1 Matt would have squared up to the Hand Ninja if he could sense them?

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@rbt said:

Matt clears.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like people are forgetting that Danny needed a pep talk from lei kung to beat the butcher bros. and 1v1 he got slashed by the second one. So unless Matt is as skilled as Danny, I don't get why everyone thinks this is so easy

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tayssti
uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt has better luck with the first two than Danny did (his awareness is better and he's probably not going to be at risk of getting psuedo seduced), he struggles more on the third but he can clear.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sy8000  Online

Butcher bros probably kill him...

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dstreet45 - How do you think S1 Matt would have squared up to the Hand Ninja if he could sense them?

Regular ninjas? Not as well as his S2 counterpart considering that Charlie Cox stated that Matt had to "hone his skills" and get "better, faster, stronger" since he couldn't sense them during their introduction. But he could still fare well against them like Stick and Elektra were doing.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt struggles from the start tbh, it only gets more difficult from there.

The only person he easily beats is BONS but everyone else would give him hell. Don't know if he could beat Bakuto

TinyFord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Clears

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He gets past round 1, but barely.

He gets past round 2 in a stomp. He smells the poison on her and doesn't let her use it.

Stops at round 3.

Ferrari458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt should clear.

aaron1112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By aaron1112

Given the evidence of the shows I would put Matt way above Danny in terms of skill. They were both trained from a young age and while I guess theoretically Rand should have received the better training I think we can assume he was a pretty shit student. I mean, he trained at a monastery yet has zero control over his emotions. Also, they didn't bother teaching him (or he didn't bother learning) how to heal people or recharge his chi, both of which apparently take minutes to master so his teachers can't have had much faith in him. Given how important attaining Elektra was to the Hand I assume the people DD was fighting in season 2 were their top soldiers and he bested Nobu, who would wreck any of these fighters.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just because daredevil fight scenes had better choreography doesnt mean he is better than danny.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TinyFord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By TinyFord

Actually I think he might still clear.. sure the "no healing" might be a problem now but not big enough to make him stop before the bonus round

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nfactor1995

Do people put Matt over Danny in H2H?

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aaron1112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11: I don't think he would need the S2 suit to clear. His main problem would be fatigue by the time he came to Bakuto, given his style leads to long drawn out fights.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By TheSuperor

Clears

Do people put Matt over Danny in H2H?

Danny should be slightly better than Matt, that is without the iron fist

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11: I think he still makes it to round 3, but gets stomped even harder.

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He clears

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By the_wspanialy  Online

Avatar image for deactivated-61762a22bedaa
deactivated-61762a22bedaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears

ElSpectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers